mmmmm...beer

Democrat Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill That Would Ban Biological Males From Women’s Sports

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

If you're for trsnsgenderism then you have to be for your new daughter being able to compete against girls.  Otherwise you're just full of crap 

One note on that. Transgender guys saying they are women are not females and never will be. No matter if some dopey people are into it or not.

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

One note on that. Transgender guys saying they are women are not females and never will be. No matter if some dopey people are into it or not.

I agree..

But I'm not the one saying they are.

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

When I said “you,” I meant the general you, like “a person,” not supermike80.  :cheers:

OK cause I was quite baffled you would get that from my posts.

I mean I know you're from Arizona and all but damn

I would love to see her and Sarah Palin do a p0rn together.  :wub:

Born men should not be allowed in women’s sports. If it’s the other way around and they can make the team that’s fine. Men in women’s sports ruins it for the women competing.

• Like 1

This is outstanding.  Its so important that it has to be an EO.  Hopefully this is the start a long list of bizarro stuff. How long before a male swimmer, lacrosse player, etc takes a scholarship away to play sports in college?  I'd love to see Rappinoe's woke a$$ get mowed down by a man. Yall helped created these monsters, deal with it ladies.

My goodness, to achieve this level of wokeness of this guy is so so commendable.  I wonder what his FFgheyz member name is?

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This is outstanding.  Its so important that it has to be an EO.  Hopefully this is the start a long list of bizarro stuff. How long before a male swimmer, lacrosse player, etc takes a scholarship away to play sports in college?  I'd love to see Rappinoe's woke a$$ get mowed down by a man. Yall helped created these monsters, deal with it ladies.

This has been my point from the beginning.  You asked for this crap.  YOU wanted to accept trannies as normal.  Well then you have to deal with the consequences.  You don't get to say "Well tranny men are the same as women" then come out and say they cant compete against women.   Be careful what you wish for.  I think this is AWESOME in every possible way.  

Remember,  90% of this woke crap are women.  10% gays.  So if you can get the stupid woke women to start clamoring against acceptance of transexualism and realize it really is a mental disorder, this crap will stop being such an issue.  

24 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Moderate...Unity

Great start to bringing everyone together!

Way to go Dem's!   Pandering to pretend to be kind, only to harm a swath of people.....good to see their MO hasnt changed.

The NCAA currently has rules that transgendered athletes need to take hormone therapy prior to competing. I think those make sense honestly, so hopefully that doesn’t change.

For example there was a transgendered XC runner at the University of Montana last year that was on the boys team a couple years ago, then was on the women’s team this year.  Everyone thought she was going to dominate because it was one of the first examples of someone that was actually a pretty good athlete as a male become a female.  But I don’t think she even qualified for nationals (although there were some claiming that she intentionally tanked to stay out of the spotlight).

High school is different though.   You can’t require kids to take hormone therapy.  But people who haven’t taken it shouldn’t be competing against biological girls.  Like those sprinters in Connecticut (in comparison to the Montana XC situation where she was a state champion as a boy, the people in CT probably would have been average to below average as boys).

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The NCAA currently has rules that transgendered athletes need to take hormone therapy prior to competing. I think those make sense honestly, so hopefully that doesn’t change.

For example there was a transgendered XC runner at the University of Montana last year that was on the boys team a couple years ago, then was on the women’s team this year.  Everyone thought she was going to dominate because it was one of the first examples of someone that was actually a pretty good athlete as a male become a female.  But I don’t think she even qualified for nationals (although there were some claiming that she intentionally tanked to stay out of the spotlight).

High school is different though.   You can’t require kids to take hormone therapy.  But people who haven’t taken it shouldn’t be competing against biological girls.  Like those sprinters in Connecticut (in comparison to the Montana XC situation where she was a state champion as a boy, the people in CT probably would have been average to below average as boys).

If you think a man, even on hormone therapy for years, is still OK to compete then...wow.  

On 12/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, tubby_mcgee said:

Women cannot compete physically with men.  No way in hell.   So keep men out of women's sports. Duh.  Why is this even something we need a "regulation" over?  

Near olympic level college wrestling coach age 27, female came down to our h.s room to train with some of our h.s kids. She weighs 115 and wrestled a top level h.s boy grade 10, who weighs 108 and she got flung from one end to the other and had two bloody lips and matburn on her face by the time their match was over.    She didn't score a point, never got her face off the mat,  and everyone felt sorry for her when she was done. 

Girls can't compete in physical sports vs boys after about 5th grade. 

I’m not sure I believe this, at least that she was “near Olympic level.”  You have girls placing in some boys HS state tournaments these days, so I think “Olympic level” women should be able to at least hang with HS kids, unless maybe they are the best in the country.  Olympic level women would definitely lose to most D1 college wrestlers though.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

If you think a man, even on hormone therapy for years, is still OK to compete then...wow.  

I think it’s a decent compromise at least.  I think It will definitely prevent men from “taking over” women’s sports.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not sure I believe this, at least that she was “near Olympic level.”  You have girls placing in some boys HS state tournaments these days, so I think “Olympic level” women should be able to at least hang with HS kids, unless maybe they are the best in the country.  Olympic level women would definitely lose to most D1 college wrestlers though.

You are so far off on this, its really kinda sad.  But I get it because whatever media you're consuming wants you to believe its possible to trans women and real women to be on a level playing field.  Its understandable.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I think it’s a decent compromise at least.  I think It will definitely prevent men from “taking over” women’s sports.

No.  And it's not even close.  

22 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not sure I believe this, at least that she was “near Olympic level.” 

She trained in Colorado Springs.  She didn't make it, which is why I say near.  I don't think just anyone can stay there and train.

You have girls placing in some boys HS state tournaments these days

Very, very, very, very few and far between.    Which is why girls h.s wrestling is picking up.    Equate it to female kickers.  The best female kickers in the WORLD can't make it on D1 Men's football teams.  Yeah, some token chick kicked a dribbler in a college game a month ago or whatever.  She stunk, but they did for the recognition. 
You'll have guys that "identify" as females that win state titles in boys wrestling.  Worse yet, you'll have guys that identify as females that can't win the male sport, so they will join girls wrestling and win state titles there.  That's a different subject though.

Olympic level women would definitely lose to most 100% of D1 college wrestlers though.

Fixed.

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You know, a fully transitioned Male still has 5-10x the testosterone of a female. Along with the genetic headstart of being bigger, stronger, faster. Cutting off a wolf's nuts doesn't make it a lamb.

Women's sports may evaporate over the next four to eight years.....it seems as though in their pursuit of power Democrats are willing to trample women entirely.

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Women's sports may evaporate over the next four to eight years.....it seems as though in their pursuit of power Democrats are willing to trample women entirely.

That’s what I was kinda thinking, not that I’ll miss it.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You know, a fully transitioned Male still has 5-10x the testosterone of a female. Along with the genetic headstart of being bigger, stronger, faster. Cutting off a wolf's nuts doesn't make it a lamb.

Endocrinology aside, males have approx 10% greater lung capacity than that of a female of same height and age.  And a woman's heart is about 2/3 the size of a man's and has thinner walls, smaller chambers, and overall has a lower work capacity.  Not to mention limb length, hand size, foot size, and reaction times.  Its a joke to even make a comparison.

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

In time, yeah, that's a likely outcome if we stay on this path... but it'll take more that 4 to 8 years.  I'd say 20 years is more likely.  There won't be enough men in women's sports in just 4 to 8 years to make a difference.  Remember, only like a half of a percent of this country is transgendered.  While 90% of those are male to female, that's still too small of a population to make as big an impact on sports.  Of course, the number will increase as men find they can't make it men's events, so they may "transition" to get what they need.  But still, how many are we talking... adding an extra 0.02% to the population, during that time frame?

The push won't happen until after a transgender person reaches a certain level.  For example, a boy playing HS basketball can't get a D1 scholarship, so he says he's a girl, takes hormone therapy and gets a D1 scholarship a year or two later to play on the girls team.  If he eventually becomes the best WNBA player, and he likely will, that's the event that will spur a more aggressive movement.  Especially if the WNBA start making bank.  It'll take at last 8 years just to get to that point.

Besides, enough time has to pass so that the left can create a story as to why this is Republican's fault... or white men, and not Democrats or women.

43 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wait until the Chinese and Russians order male athletes to compete as women in the Olympics.  Funny that taking hormones will get you banned from most sporting events in the NCAA but now they require it.  I guess they believe that men's hormones are superior to wimmens hormones. How Trumpish is that?

Where are the feminists in all this? Normally they are pretty militant.  I guess they know their place.

54 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

For a conservative,  you sure do tow the mental case liberal line every time. Sho

33 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

She trained in Colorado Springs.  She didn't make it, which is why I say near.  I don't think just anyone can stay there and train.

Very, very, very, very few and far between.    Which is why girls h.s wrestling is picking up.    Equate it to female kickers.  The best female kickers in the WORLD can't make it on D1 Men's football teams.  Yeah, some token chick kicked a dribbler in a college game a month ago or whatever.  She stunk, but they did for the recognition. 
You'll have guys that "identify" as females that win state titles in boys wrestling.  Worse yet, you'll have guys that identify as females that can't win the male sport, so they will join girls wrestling and win state titles there.  That's a different subject though.

Fixed.

Not "anyone" can train there, but it's probably more than you think.

The "token chick" had never even played football before this year, they just grabbed her from the soccer team because they had guys out due to covid.

There are a few bad D1 teams, that's why I said "most," and I also didn't say they would win, just "hang with."   I wrestled in college and post on a wrestling message board as well and this argument comes up occasionally.  Of course Olympic level women would lose to a lot of D2/D3 guys too.   I just don't really believe that an "Olympic level" woman (which should qualify her as one of the "few and far between") wouldn't even score a point on a high school sophomore lightweight that she was bigger than (I'd more believe it at the upper weights due to the strength advantage the boys would have), unless maybe that kid was one of the best in the country.  What state are you in?  

5 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

For a conservative,  you sure do tow the mental case liberal line every time. Sho

I never said I was conservative.  Just that I voted for Trump and a couple other Repubs.  I did vote for my Dem governor though.  I'd consider myself independent.

39 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Not "anyone" can train there, but it's probably more than you think.

The "token chick" had never even played football before this year, they just grabbed her from the soccer team because they had guys out due to covid.

There are a few bad D1 teams, that's why I said "most," and I also didn't say they would win, just "hang with."   I wrestled in college and post on a wrestling message board as well and this argument comes up occasionally.  Of course Olympic level women would lose to a lot of D2/D3 guys too.   I just don't really believe that an "Olympic level" woman (which should qualify her as one of the "few and far between") wouldn't even score a point on a high school sophomore lightweight that she was bigger than (I'd more believe it at the upper weights due to the strength advantage the boys would have), unless maybe that kid was one of the best in the country.  What state are you in?  

North Dakota.

Emily Shilson, best female wrestler I've seen personally  (Minnesota), won 6  Girls State titles, but never won a match at the boys h.s. tournament.  Not once. Not ever in her 7-12 career. Winning record overall vs boys, but never won a match at the state tourney. 

The high school sophomore, got 2nd in state last year, and will WRECK everyone at state this year and for the next 3 years.  He will be a college wrestler.  Only one in our room that in the past 20 years that I see as potential D1 material.  A lot can change in 3 years.  Injuries, mindset, etc.  We shall see. 

Here is one that did it... (placed at state tourney--didn't win it) and she is the first face on the Mount Rushmore of US Female Wrestlers.   I do think though, if she were to wrestle the 50 state champs across the US at her weight in FOLKSTYLE (not Freestyle)..... I'd put the over and under of her wins at about 6.5.  Maybe I'm way off, but it's just my .02. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Maroulis :wub:

Anyway, not gonna argue further.  She is an ELITE level wrestler, almost 30 years old.  Trained seemingly as having hopes of going to Olympics 5 years ago.  Actually back in college now, wrestling for a women's team.

1 hour ago, Bill E. said:

Wait until the Chinese and Russians order male athletes to compete as women in the Olympics.  Funny that taking hormones will get you banned from most sporting events in the NCAA but now they require it.  I guess they believe that men's hormones are superior to wimmens hormones. How Trumpish is that?

Our women would likely still beat Chinese men. They're pretty effeminate over here. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

North Dakota.

Emily Shilson, best female wrestler I've seen personally  (Minnesota), won 6  Girls State titles, but never won a match at the boys h.s. tournament.  Not once. Not ever in her 7-12 career. Winning record overall vs boys, but never won a match at the state tourney. 

The high school sophomore, got 2nd in state last year, and will WRECK everyone at state this year and for the next 3 years.  He will be a college wrestler.  Only one in our room that in the past 20 years that I see as potential D1 material.  A lot can change in 3 years.  Injuries, mindset, etc.  We shall see. 

Here is one that did it... (placed at state tourney--didn't win it) and she is the first face on the Mount Rushmore of US Female Wrestlers.   I do think though, if she were to wrestle the 50 state champs across the US at her weight in FOLKSTYLE (not Freestyle)..... I'd put the over and under of her wins at about 6.5.  Maybe I'm way off, but it's just my .02. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Maroulis :wub:

Anyway, not gonna argue further.  She is an ELITE level wrestler, almost 30 years old.  Trained seemingly as having hopes of going to Olympics 5 years ago.  Actually back in college now, wrestling for a women's team.

Yeah Maroulis is a good example, although admittedly Maryland isn't the best wrestling state .   But I think she (as well as some of the other top women) got a lot better after high school, and if I remember correctly I don't think she even wrestled her senior high school season.    Kinda hard to compare vs. the 50 state champs though due to the disparity in states.   I'd say she could probably beat about 10 of the best (where states have multiple classes) state champs, but may not place top 4 in PA, OH, or NJ.   But yeah, obviously no way to prove that.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

This guy, always with the qualifiers. How about no? No to all of it. There are two genders. End of story. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This guy, always with the qualifiers. How about no? No to all of it. There are two genders. End of story. 

I haven't read up on it as much but aren't there are bunch of "intersex" athletes that have competed in the Olympics who were assigned female at birth? 

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

may not place top 4 in PA, OH, or NJ.

IMO, Maroulis does not crack the top 4 in these 3 states.  No way, no how.  Just my opinion. The top 4 there are separated by just such a slim margin (and also part of the best 3 wrestling states in the US. )

Now, in ND, she places in top 4. 

I didn't read this thread to see if I already posted this: 

science confirms the obvious... that transgendered women (men who believe they are women) retain a 15-30% greater athletic advantage than biological women.
Participants were 29 transmen (women who believe they are men) and 46 transwomen aged under 30 years in the US Air Force, with assessments done before, 1 year after, and 2 years after gender-affirming therapy.
Transwomen performed 31% more push-ups and 15% more sit-ups in 1 min and ran 1.5 miles 21% faster than their female counterparts after 1 year. After 2 years of taking feminizing hormones, the push-up and sit-up differences disappeared but transwomen were still 12% faster.
Similarly, transmen performed 43% fewer push-ups and ran 1.5 miles 15% slower than their male counterparts before therapy, with differences disappearing after 1 year of masculinizing hormone therapy.
In essence, direct scientific investigation supports the unfair advantage retained by transwomen. The only reasonable stance at this point is to not allow them to compete with biological women in sports. This isn't "anti-trans", this is pro-science and pro-equality.

Link to actual peer reviewed study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33288617/

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I haven't read up on it as much but aren't there are bunch of "intersex" athletes that have competed in the Olympics who were assigned female at birth? 

Fine. They get to pick one. 2.00000000000000001 genders. 

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Athletes should be clean of HGH, hormone therapy, steroids, cocaine, etc.  Equal is Equal.