Mike Honcho

**Official Chiefs vs Buccaneers Super Bowl Thread **

The Athletic had a Tom Brady 'noteworthy' items since his NFL career started.  Thought I'd share a couple.

This would be Brady’s fourth Super Bowl win after turning 37, which would match the total of all other starting QBs age 37 or older combined. (Johnny Unitas, John Elway twice and Peyton Manning).

Brady is now playing a Super Bowl during a fourth Presidential administration: His first four appearances came while George W. Bush was President, his fifth and sixth while Barack Obama was President, his seventh, eighth and ninth during Donald Trump’s presidency, and his 10th less than a month into Joe Biden’s first term.

When Brady made his NFL debut in 2000, his Buccaneers offensive coordinator (Byron Leftwich) was a sophomore quarterback at Marshall.

Usher’s “U Got It Bad” and Nickelback’s “How You Remind Me” were the top two songs in the U.S. the week of Tom Brady’s first Super Bowl in 2002.

When would Mahomes catch Brady?
GAME TYPE CATEGORY TRAILS BY MAHOMES PER YEAR YEAR WOULD PASS
Reg. Season
Wins
2036 (20th)

Completions
2036 (20th)

Pass yds
2034 (18th)

Pass TD
2033 (17th)

Playoffs
Wins
2034 (18th)

Completions
2037 (21st)

Pass yds
2035 (19th)

Pass TD
2032 (16th)

Super Bowl
Appearances
2032 (16th)

Wins
2035 (19th)

Stop, or at least slow down Kelce or go home. He’s the engine of that offense. 

Here's to both Mahomes and Brady testing positive tomorrow and not being able to play. :cheers:

These 2 teams met earlier this year.  Mahomes got rid of the ball in 2 seconds or less in 17 of his throws.  On those plays, he was 16/17 for around 170 yards.  That's how he can overcome the Buccaneers' pass rush despite a trash OL.  So you have to like the Chiefs here, especially since they produced against the Bills in the AFC title game.

If you want reasons why Tampa may win, the Buccaneers defense has already seen Mahomes.  Its hard to quantify the value of that.  The Mahomes-era Chiefs has faced a top team twice in the same season only 2 other times.  The Chiefs lost both games.  Those two games were in 2018:  the Chargers and Patriots.   In both losses, the enemy defense adjusted by taking away Tyreek Hill and forcing Mahomes to beat them with someone else.  Throw to Kelce.  Throw to the RB.  Who cares.  Just take away Hill. 

teams that rely on speed have an outsized advantage the first time they see an opponent.  the bucs have seen the team speed of the chiefs already.

This is the 5th meeting between Brady and Mahomes in the last 3 years.  They met twice in 2018, once in 2019 and now twice in 2020.  They are 2-2, with Brady scoring the playoff win.

So, Andy Reid’s son, also the chiefs LB coach, lol, was DWI last night and had an accident that hurt a couple of kids, one is in serious condition. 

3 hours ago, The Elevator Killer said:

😡

Fock the NFL

Tom shows his age and his defense isn't able to bail him out this time.

Chefs 31

Bucs 23

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I watched and remember the first episode of Cheers. They are talking about Super Bowl 17 here and this weekend is Super Bowl 55.  This made me feel old. :( 

I’m not really sure what I want here.  Probably TB, since all else considered I’ll root for the underdog.  Arians was great here but I don’t love how he bailed when the cupboard got a little bare.  But he is a likeable guy.  Brady... I really have never liked, but there is no objective reason for me not to like him.  In the face of adversity he used it to drive him to become the GOAT QB if not GOAT football player, married the GOAT supermodel.  

I would like AZ to be the first team to win a SB at home, but... I like TB when I’ve visited (never been to KC)... and I also like to root for the NFC.  

Go Bucs$@!  :cheers: 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, Andy Reid’s son, also the chiefs LB coach, lol, was DWI last night and had an accident that hurt a couple of kids, one is in serious condition. 

This is pretty significant.  Reid isn't going to be at the SB, and his son is in the hospital.  So they're down two coaches including their head coach. 

Thank goodness this is the "Official" thread for the game. I would hate to post in the knock offs.

The eye test says Chiefs.  Bucs were ultra lucky last week.  If KC gets any sort of similar pressure that they put on Allen..they win.  Brady was just winging it into the lights anytime GB pressured him last game.  

But seems the public is heavily on KC so I wont make the bet and will look for props.  

46 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The eye test says Chiefs.  Bucs were ultra lucky last week.  If KC gets any sort of similar pressure that they put on Allen..they win.  Brady was just winging it into the lights anytime GB pressured him last game.  

But seems the public is heavily on KC so I wont make the bet and will look for props.  

My eye test says the Chiefs got ultra lucky to beat the Browns.  The Browns suffered multiple key injuries in that game.  The Browns LT was knocked out of the game on his first play, which put a crimp on the Browns run game the entire day.  Myles Garrett got hurt early on and was forced to the sideline for much of the afternoon.  So the Browns played that game without their run game and without their pass rush.  The Chiefs at least got Mahomes for most of the game.

The Buccaneers will be the best pass rush they've faced and now its without both tackles.

1st offensive play = RUN  (-110)

Logic.... Andy Reid always defers, so Bucs should start and they'll want to kill clock keeping Mahomes off the field.  Bucs first offensive play in last two playoff games was run vs Packers and Saints - both strong offenses (Bucs threw first against Redskins - no offense in Wildcard game).  In the Week 12 meeting with Chiefs, Bucs ran on first offensive play. Same in Week 1 vs Saints. 

Damn near even money odds.?.  Yeah, I'm in.

29 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

My eye test says the Chiefs got ultra lucky to beat the Browns.  The Browns suffered multiple key injuries in that game.  The Browns LT was knocked out of the game on his first play, which put a crimp on the Browns run game the entire day.  Myles Garrett got hurt early on and was forced to the sideline for much of the afternoon.  So the Browns played that game without their run game and without their pass rush.  The Chiefs at least got Mahomes for most of the game.

The Buccaneers will be the best pass rush they've faced and now its without both tackles.

Maybe.  But they were still moving the ball at will from start until Mahomes went down.  They held Baker to like 200 yards even though he was down all game...yes the Browns did have some injuries pile up.

8 hours ago, Strike said:

This is pretty significant.  Reid isn't going to be at the SB, and his son is in the hospital.  So they're down two coaches including their head coach. 

Andy Reid won't be at the game, where are you seeing that?

This feels like one of those boxing/ufc fights where the odds are screwed up by a big name.... McGregor, Pacquiao, Tyson, etc.  And to some extent like this year's College Title game where Alabama clearly should've been a 17+ point favorite, but because they were playing "The Ohio State" the line was only 7.

Brady's name is making this spread lower than it should be.  Not by much, but the Chiefs should probably be favored by 7 or more.  As such, I'll be on the Chiefs. 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Andy Reid won't be at the game, where are you seeing that?

Oh poop.  Sorry. I misread the report.  It was talking about his kid. 

• Thanks 1

Darrel Williams Over 28.5 Rush Yds (+110)

Last three games (not including Week 17 where every Chief barely played) he's gone well over every time with 10, 13, and 13 carries. If he gets 10+ carries again, this one seems easy.

I would find some prop on Tyreek Hill and bet him being held under the yardage offered.  I doubt he will get close to 100 yards.

23 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I would find some prop on Tyreek Hill and bet him being held under the yardage offered.  I doubt he will get close to 100 yards.

So many cappers recommend the OVER on this prop, it makes me think like you it'll go under.  But looking at his recent stats... I can't do it. Either way, ain't touching it.

How many players will attempt a pass:  OVER 2.5 (+125)

Injury to either QB - win.  Andy Reid's famous trick play - win.

Good odds. 

25 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

So many cappers recommend the OVER on this prop, it makes me think like you it'll go under.  But looking at his recent stats... I can't do it. Either way, ain't touching it.

All the elite teams that play the Mahomes-era Chiefs the second time shut down Tyreek Hill.  They remove him from the game.  This is the second time the Buccaneers are playing the Chiefs.

54 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

he went for 207 yds and 2 TDs in the first qtr alone earlier this season vs the Bucs ... to say he won't even get close to 100 yds is patently absurd. 

in light of how he torched them, "shutting him down" could mean 6/100/0 for the game - matter of fact, if you offered that to the Bucs right now, they'd chop their nuts off to take it. 

33 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

current # is 92.5

-135o, +105u 

9 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

All the elite teams that play the Mahomes-era Chiefs the second time shut down Tyreek Hill.  They remove him from the game.  This is the second time the Buccaneers are playing the Chiefs.

see my above thoughts on what removing him may actually add up to.

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Darrel Williams Over 28.5 Rush Yds (+110)

Last three games (not including Week 17 where every Chief barely played) he's gone well over every time with 10, 13, and 13 carries. If he gets 10+ carries again, this one seems easy.

both starting tackles out, CEH active ... TB stout vs run. 

a click over even money is not what i'd call the greatest of odds. 

hell, Godwin to top 100 yds & score a TD is +550 ... that's the kinda juice i wanna sink into here.

take some bigger swings. 

Coach to Have Nostrils Seen First During Game 

Bruce Arians -200

Andy Reid +150

As far as I recall Arians has been wearing the see thru shield.

3 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Coach to Have Nostrils Seen First During Game 

Bruce Arians -200

Andy Reid +150

As far as I recall Arians has been wearing the see thru shield.

so has Fat Andy, iirc 

BA wears those dumbass Kangol caps ... he can go fock right the hell off for that. major doosh canoe. 

2 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

hell, Godwin to top 100 yds & score a TD is +550 ... that's the kinda juice i wanna sink into here.

There's a good reason some odds are +550. I don't mess that.  I go the other way and look for negative odds. Like:

Will there be a Defensive or Special Teams TD?   No (-275)

Need to parlay that with something else.  I recommend a college basketball big favorite on the money-line.  I already won the first leg of my parlay bet. Just waiting on the obvious.

1 minute ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

so has Fat Andy, iirc 

Reid hasn't worn one for awhile now because it fogged up on him :D