Fireballer

Minny at it again. Black man shot at traffic stop

43 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The solution to crime is not having cops murder criminals in the street. All this BS about liberals saying there should be no laws is a distraction and fabrication. People want the police killings to stop. Every time the far-right nut bags see the police get called out for murdering blacks in the street, they whine like this. The BLM movement is growing so strap in. No more impunity for killer cops.

You wouldnt last 1 day as a cop in a major city.  Please tell me you arent really from Buffalo.  

Cops want to go home to their families as well.   Some of them dont...you know they get killed too right?

You're a hack that thinks the job is easy. People die.  Just because the media shows you now you are shocked.  So naive.  Grow up.

Having the extraordinarily rare occurrence of a bad shooting from police portrayed as some kind of systemic issue will not make people's lives better, only worse

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

You wouldnt last 1 day as a cop in a major city.  Please tell me you arent really from Buffalo.  

Cops want to go home to their families as well.   Some of them dont...you know they get killed too right?

You're a hack that thinks the job is easy. People die.  Just because the media shows you now you are shocked.  So naive.  Grow up.

He is clueless and a liar.

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

So he deserved to die?

Who knows? But his actions were screaming for death. Whether they be his or someone elses. 

At what point in our history have the criminals in this country become thought of more highly than the average law abiding citizens? 

I'm going to go with the hussein era.

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

At what point in our history have the criminals in this country become thought of more highly than the average law abiding citizens? 

I'm going to go with the hussein era.

Either 2020 or 2021. 2020 is when it started but 2021 is when the script has clearly flipped. 

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

You do realize that most all cops try to avoid killing people?

I agree. Those who kill should be held accountable. Unfortunately, I see a lot of support for such bad cops here and elsewhere. Finding all the flaws in the victim’s history is usually the first step in excusing the cop’s abhorrent behavior.

There are times where cops are justified in pulling the trigger. That’s not what I’m concerned about - it’s the unnecessary brutality and killings.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Who knows? But his actions were screaming for death. Whether they be his or someone elses. 

This is the attitude I have a problem with.

I can understand others thinking sentiment has turned too harshly against police... I get that. But the above attitude just throws gas on the fire.

Most cops want to help. But defending the bad cops by trying to demonize their victims is NOT helpful. If the public sees that police departments aren’t going to protect the scumbags on the force anymore, there is a good chance the relationship between cops and the public can be improved.

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

You don’t know anything about me personally. I know the reality and I know good cops. Defending the trigger-happy cops is bad for everybody.

We want a good relationship between cops and the community. Without that, good luck ever getting somebody to be a witness when it comes to trial. People are super reluctant to testify in the first place, and if the cops are protecting their worst members, that makes it worse. End result - you’ve still got bad cops on the force and the criminals also go free because nobody will testify.

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

This is the attitude I have a problem with.

I can understand others thinking sentiment has turned too harshly against police... I get that. But the above attitude just throws gas on the fire.

Most cops want to help. But defending the bad cops by trying to demonize their victims is NOT helpful. If the public sees that police departments aren’t going to protect the scumbags on the force anymore, there is a good chance the relationship between cops and the public can be improved.

Criminals put themselves in life or death situations all the time. Sometimes death wins. 

So in 2019 Buffalo could see almost a 10 year low.  But it skyrocketing in 2020 has nothing to do with riots and the normalization of violence the left has turned a blind eye to.  

Oh and 2021 is on pace to kill 2020 numbers.

You arent very smart are you?

Who was president in 2020? If you want to blame “BLM” for crime in 2020, fine, but Trump as president is also responsible for fighting crime. But you cannot blame Biden for 2020 numbers. 2021 is only 3 months in. Let’s see by the end of the year. If he hasn’t made a dent in the crime numbers, he needs to make some changes.

18 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You don’t know anything about me personally. I know the reality and I know good cops. Defending the trigger-happy cops is bad for everybody.

We want a good relationship between cops and the community. Without that, good luck ever getting somebody to be a witness when it comes to trial. People are super reluctant to testify in the first place, and if the cops are protecting their worst members, that makes it worse. End result - you’ve still got bad cops on the force and the criminals also go free because nobody will testify.

You know good cops? What would lead you to believe the female cop involved in this accidental shooting wasn’t a good cop last week? Seeing as you know the difference between good and bad cops, this should be easy enough to answer. 

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I agree. Those who kill should be held accountable. Unfortunately, I see a lot of support for such bad cops here and elsewhere. Finding all the flaws in the victim’s history is usually the first step in excusing the cop’s abhorrent behavior.

There are times where cops are justified in pulling the trigger. That’s not what I’m concerned about - it’s the unnecessary brutality and killings.

It sure goes a long way in framing the narrative. Personally, I have a lot more sympathy for people with a clean record than one filled with run ins with the law. The seriousness of the crimes they commit as well as the seriousness of the event that triggers the police encounter that blows up plays a role too. 
But I always do my best to compartmentalize that. Like I said previously, two things can be true at the same time.

Even when I think a guy is a scum ball resisting arrest who gets shot (Michael Brown Jacob Blake or Daunte Wright) I can think different things on if they did or did not deserve the shooting depending on the circumstances. Fock Brown and Blake, those were justified shootings, exonerate the cop. Wright didn’t deserve to be shot. Each case is different.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You know good cops? What would lead you to believe the female cop involved in this accidental shooting wasn’t a good cop last week? Seeing as you know the difference between good and bad cops, this should be easy enough to answer. 

We are the sum of our actions. To her credit, she stepped down and said it was a mistake. However, assuming she really did just make a mistake, I don’t think you want cops who can’t tell a gun from a taser on the force.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

We are the sum of our actions. To her credit, she stepped down and said it was a mistake. However, assuming she really did just make a mistake, I don’t think you want cops who can’t tell a gun from a taser on the force.

So why was the guy resisting arrest again?

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It sure goes a long way in framing the narrative. Personally, I have a lot more sympathy for people with a clean record than one filled with run ins with the law. The seriousness of the crimes they commit as well as the seriousness of the event that triggers the police encounter that blows up plays a role too. 
But I always do my best to compartmentalize that. Like I said previously, two things can be true at the same time.

Even when I think a guy is a scum ball resisting arrest who gets shot (Michael Brown Jacob Blake or Daunte Wright) I can think different things on if they did or did not deserve the shooting depending on the circumstances. Fock Brown and Blake, those were justified shootings, exonerate the cop. Wright didn’t deserve to be shot. Each case is different.

I posted the videos of white folks getting away with resisting arrest because I would think cops could justify pulling the trigger in those cases... and yet they didn’t. It shows that the police shootings in cases where the criminals were less troublesome (but darker in skin) weren’t actually necessary either.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

So why was the guy resisting arrest again?

Beats me. I also don’t know why that cop can’t tell a taser from a gun.

Just now, dogcows said:

I posted the videos of white folks getting away with resisting arrest because I would think cops could justify pulling the trigger in those cases... and yet they didn’t. It shows that the police shootings in cases where the criminals were less troublesome (but darker in skin) weren’t actually necessary either.

Do you seriously think that every black guy that resists arrest is shot? Are you that stupid?

Just now, dogcows said:

Beats me. 

So you are commenting on a situation that you have no clue about. Gotcha.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

So you are commenting on a situation that you have no clue about. Gotcha.

Hmmm maybe you can tell the world why that guy was resisting arrest and why the cop can’t tell a gun from a taser. I guess you are a mind-reader?

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Do you seriously think that every black guy that resists arrest is shot? Are you that stupid?

Some who weren’t even resisting get shot too! But I’m sure somewhere there is at least one black guy who somehow survived resisting an arrest.

42 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Some who weren’t even resisting get shot too! But I’m sure somewhere there is at least one black guy who somehow survived resisting an arrest.

Showing a video of one white guy and one black guy scenario is your evidence of widespread systemic racism? I presume a snowfall in April is evidence of no climate change?  Or ballots flying out of one box means we should eliminate mail in voting?

4 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

That's Newbie.  He's only pretending to be from Buffalo because he's a weirdo.

10 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

That's Newbie.  He's only pretending to be from Buffalo because he's a weirdo.

Why would anybody pretend to be from Buffalo? Is it because we’re “Talking Proud?” Remember when they used to play that song after TDs and FGs at Rich Stadium?

46 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Showing a video of one white guy and one black guy scenario is your evidence of widespread systemic racism? I presume a snowfall in April is evidence of no climate change?  Or ballots flying out of one box means we should eliminate mail in voting?

I could get out the statistics instead, but sometimes a video gets the point across better. Anytime I post stats, I get people saying “well the FBI is lying about those stats because ...  deep state derp derp.."

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I could get out the statistics instead, but sometimes a video gets the point across better. Anytime I post stats, I get people saying “well the FBI is lying about those stats because ...  deep state derp derp.."

Yes, please provide the percentage of black unarmed police encounters which result in a shooting.  Also whites, for comparison, although both cases are fractions of fractions of a percent.

But, do it after you answer my questions please, you seem to have inadvertently skipped those. :cheers:

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yes, please provide the percentage of black unarmed police encounters which result in a shooting.  Also whites, for comparison, although both cases are fractions of fractions of a percent.

But, do it after you answer my questions please, you seem to have inadvertently skipped those. :cheers:

Yeah i dont mind stats.  Lets see them.  

29 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Why would anybody pretend to be from Buffalo? Is it because we’re “Talking Proud?” Remember when they used to play that song after TDs and FGs at Rich Stadium?

Because you're a weirdo. 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

You mean that stats you posted that only talked about NON-Fatal crimes?

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You mean that stats you posted that only talked about NON-Fatal crimes?

Pretty sure I posted the entire study which included it all? I borrowed it from cdub.

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Rhetorical questions generally aren’t expected to be answered. Those looked like rhetorical questions to me.

Yeah i dont mind stats.  Lets see them.  

Sure, here’s a recent scientific research article about it.

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

Summary of risk of “death by cop” by race:

Among all groups, black men and boys face the highest lifetime risk of being killed by police. Our models predict that about 1 in 1,000 black men and boys will be killed by police over the life course (96 [77, 120] per 100,000). We predict that between 36 and 81 American Indian/Alaska Native men and boys per 100,000 will be killed by police over the life course. Latino men and boys have an estimated risk of being killed by police of about 53 per 100,000 [41, 67]. Asian/Pacific Islander men and boys face a lifetime risk of between 9 and 23 per 100,000, while white men and boys face a lifetime risk of about 39 [31, 48] per 100,000.

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Pretty sure I posted the entire study which included it all? I borrowed it from cdub.

Leave me out of what ever lies and half truths you're spining.

3 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

Because you're a weirdo. 

Even weirder to accuse somebody of pretending to be from Buffalo… of all the places to pretend to be from, it’s gotta be near the bottom of the list.

The news and current events and such has made people think whites and cops cause the most gun violence in the country. 😂

Remember when Newbie would bore/ gross out everyone telling us stories about how he has sex with his 50 year old live in girlfriend? Pathetic. 

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

The news and current events and such has made people think whites and cops cause the most gun violence in the country. 😂

By percentage of their respective racial groups, no. But in absolute numbers, yes…. White people are the majority so white people + cops comprise a majority of gun violence in America.

And when it comes to mass shooters, 66 out of 121 mass shootings from 1982 to 2021 (March) were done by white people.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

Gun violence is a problem regardless of skin color. Too bad nobody will ever take on the NRA. We’ve got more guns than people in America… that’s nuts.

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

By percentage of their respective racial groups, no. But in absolute numbers, yes…. White people are the majority so white people + cops comprise a majority of gun violence in America.

And when it comes to mass shooters, 66 out of 121 mass shootings from 1982 to 2021 (March) were done by white people.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

Gun violence is a problem regardless of skin color. Too bad nobody will ever take on the NRA. We’ve got more guns than people in America… that’s nuts.

More lies. 

24 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Sure, here’s a recent scientific research article about it.

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

Summary of risk of “death by cop” by race:

"Police use of force accounts for 0.05% of all male deaths in the United States and 0.003% of all female deaths"

Why are women killed at a much less rate than men?   Wouldnt that be a sexist phenomenon going on?   Cops disproportionately killing men compared to women?