Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

LA brings back mask mandate for entire county

WE ARE NEVER COMING OUT OF LOCKDOWN

I expect fresh lockdowns soon.  more California stimulus checks soon.  stay in your homes.

https://www.foxla.com/news/los-angeles-county-re-implementing-indoor-mask-mandate-regardless-of-vaccination-status

Los Angeles County re-implementing indoor mask mandate regardless of vaccination status

By Mary Stringini

COVID-19 cases continue to rise in LA County

The number of people hospitalized due to COVID-19 in Los Angeles County topped 400 today, while another 1,315 infections were confirmed, marking the sixth consecutive day of new cases topping 1,000.

LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County is re-implementing a mandate requiring residents to wear masks while indoors, regardless of vaccination status as the county continues to see an increase in COVID-19 transmission, county health officials said Thursday. 

The county previously only recommended mask-wearing indoors. 

When will LA County's new mask mandate take effect?

The new mandate will take effect at 11:59 p.m. Saturday.

Where will LA County residents be required to wear masks?

The mandate means customers will again be required to mask up when entering any indoor public establishment, including retail shops, grocery stores, bars, clubs, restaurants and workplaces. Davis said indoor dining will remain open, but customers will have to remain masked while they are not eating or drinking.

Why will LA County be re-instating the indoor mask mandate?

Thursday marks the seventh consecutive day of new COVID-19 cases in Los Angeles County exceeding the 1,000 mark. The 1,537 new cases reported by the county Thursday is the highest number of new cases the county has seen since early March.

County Health Officer Dr. Muntu Davis said the county is "not where we need to be" in terms of getting the population vaccinated against the virus.

He said the rate of virus spread in the county has officially risen from moderate to substantial, with infections five times more likely to occur among unvaccinated residents. The current seven-day average rate of daily new cases in the county is now at 7.1 cases per 100,000 residents.

The new cases reported by the county Thursday lifted the cumulative total from throughout the pandemic to 1,262,578. The county reported three more COVID-19 deaths, lifting the overall death toll to 24,566.

RELATED: LA County reports 6th consecutive day of more than 1K new cases

When asked if the county might consider re-implementing other health restrictions -- such as capacity limits and physical distancing, Davis said, "Everything is on the table if things continue to get worse."

He said, for now, mask-wearing is the "easiest thing" for people to do to help limit the spread of the virus.

The increases continue slow but steady month-long climbs that have prompted concern among health care officials and led to another call from Gov. Gavin Newsom for people to get vaccinated. 

"I cannot impress upon you more the power of getting vaccinated," Newsom said during an appearance Wednesday in Bell Gardens. "If we want to extinguish this pandemic, this disease, we've got to get vaccinated. Period. Full stop. You're seeing again around the rest of the world -- read the headlines in Indonesia right now. Read the headlines in Portugal right now. Read the headlines in the United States of America right now."

Fock that sucks, praying here in San Diego it stays down but I doubt it. Anti vaxx nutcases are really screwing us over now. We almost had a good thing going,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Get used to it. I feel really bad for people who live in liberal areas.

36 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Fock that sucks, praying here in San Diego it stays down but I doubt it. Anti vaxx nutcases are really screwing us over now. We almost had a good thing going,

Vaccines aren’t stopping the spread. You know what is?? Actually having covid. I just spent 4 days in Vegas. 6 of my friends all didn’t have covid and had the vaccine. I had covid and not the vaccine. All 6 of them have delta 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Have all those illegals sneaking in been vaccinated, or even tested? The Biden admin is beyond incompetent. They are doing this on purpose. What other explanation could there be? Worms, want to inform us whats going on? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Have all those illegals sneaking in been vaccinated, or even tested? The Biden admin is beyond incompetent. They are doing this on purpose. What other explanation could there be? Worms, want to inform us whats going on? 

Trump!!!!! :mad:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Vaccines aren’t stopping the spread. You know what is?? Actually having covid. I just spent 4 days in Vegas. 6 of my friends all didn’t have covid and had the vaccine. I had covid and not the vaccine. All 6 of them have delta 

It's a weird phenomenon. It's like our bodies have some sort of system for fighting viruses or something. Like, if you catch a virus of some sort, the body fights it somehow. The really weird part is, it's almost as if the body can recognize a virus it's fought before and refuses to let it back in to do any further damage. Almost like you develop some sort of resistance to it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

It's a weird phenomenon. It's like our bodies have some sort of system for fighting viruses or something. Like, if you catch a virus of some sort, the body fights it somehow. The really weird part is, it's almost as if the body can recognize a virus it's fought before and refuses to let it back in to do any further damage. Almost like you develop some sort of resistance to it. 

This post has been flagged as containing misinformation. :nono:

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I expect lockdowns in a week

not in FL.

35 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I told people that crap didn't work and now anyone that has that crap running thru their bodies is a ticking timebomb.

https://nationalfile.com/review-covid-19-vaccines-may-lead-to-prion-linked-brain-degeneration-similar-to-mad-cow-disease/

39 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work out as planned for some people. 

:lol: yeah that'll stop it. focking morons.

45 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work out as planned for some people. 

Nature has a way of weeding out the weaker members of the herd. Thereby making the herd stronger. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Nature has a way of weeding out the weaker members of the herd. Thereby making the herd stronger. :dunno:

Yeah, who needs parents or grandparents anyway right?  Screw ‘em.

12 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Terrible attitude. We should be doing everything possible to save every single life in this country. Everyone should live as long as possible. The cost is inconsequential.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Terrible attitude. We should be doing everything possible to save every single life in this country. Everyone should live as long as possible. The cost is inconsequential.

The whole world man. Don’t be so felt centered.  

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, who needs parents or grandparents anyway right?  Screw ‘em.

At risk individuals are free to get vaccinated. :dunno:

At risk individuals are free to get vaccinated. :dunno:

Fair enough, I thought you were referring to 2020, my apologies

10 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

What can I say? I hate parents and grandparents.  

Not mine, everybody else's. Well, except moms. I love all your moms. 

What can I say? I hate parents and grandparents.  

Not mine, everybody else's. Well, except moms. I love all your moms. 

You disgust me. I’m prepared to never leave my house again if it means everyone lives as long as possible. But I do agree with the mom thing. Not sure life would be worth living without them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Fair enough, I thought you were referring to 2020, my apologies

I think at risk people should get vaccinated if they so choose. I think low risk people who wish to get vaccinated should go ahead and do so. I think people who choose to let their immune system do it's job should be allowed to do so without being stigmatized or prevented from exercising personal freedoms in order to make mental patients feel better. 

I hate it. But get used to it. Delta variant is driving up numbers among people too focking belligerent to get vaccinated.

I, for one, am going to be ready g0ddamn pissed if I have to wear a mask again everywhere because some people are too damn stupid to get the vaccine.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

You disgust me. I’m prepared to never leave my house again if it means everyone lives as long as possible. But I do agree with the mom thing. Not sure life would be worth living without them.

For the first time in bored history, one geek has made another geek reconsider his position. 

I didn't consider the fact that women are becoming grandmothers at increasingly younger ages these days. There must be some that are worthy of my consideration. My selfishness may very well lead to the demise of a GILF or two. 

You, sir, get my vote for Geek of the Year.  :first:

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I hate it. But get used to it. Delta variant is driving up numbers among people too focking belligerent to get vaccinated.

I, for one, am going to be ready g0ddamn pissed if I have to wear a mask again everywhere because some people are too damn stupid to get the vaccine.

:banana: Who :banana: Cares? :banana:

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Unless of course they are POC. Then you won’t say anything. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

For the first time in bored history, one geek has made another geek reconsider his position. 

I didn't consider the fact that women are becoming grandmothers at increasingly younger ages these days. There must be some that are worthy of my consideration. My selfishness may very well lead to the demise of a GILF or two. 

You, sir, get my vote for Geek of the Year.  :first:

:cheers:

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Get out there with TimHauck going door to door. 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yep. It's frustrating as hell. I've been locked in this city for a year and a half now. Can finally travel around China, going on a trip next month, but...

We're hearing the border won't be open until the second half of 2022. My wife hasn't seen her family in three years, me 2.

Of course... at least here, the vaccines don't focking work. My city is 71% vaccinated. We just finished a couple weeks of lockdown and testing 3 times a week. Pretty clearly they know it doesn't work.

That's my real frustration with covid since the beginning, it's largely been theatre. Just putting on a show that you can do anything about it. 

18 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Sorry Fossil Fuels, the big problem is the messaging.  The ad campaign to convince people to get vaccinated sucks.  They don't mention it is free.  There are just too many people who won't bother unless expressly told it is free.  People are willing to go to extreme lengths to save 2 nickels. They need to say the vaccine is free to gain traction.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Sorry Fossil Fuels, the big problem is the messaging.  The ad campaign to convince people to get vaccinated sucks.  They don't mention it is free.  There are just too many people who won't bother unless expressly told it is free.  People are willing to go to extreme lengths to save 2 nickels. They need to say the vaccine is free to gain traction.  

No, door to door is definitely the answer...Along with censoring all the misinformation. Yeah, that’s it.

22 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

so I need the vaccine why?

38 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so I need the vaccine why?

So as to reduce your chances of getting the illness :doh:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Unless of course they are POC. Then you won’t say anything. 

:lol:  Its funny because its true.  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So as to reduce your chances of getting the illness :doh:

did you not even read the focking thread

I have already had covid, I spent all weekend with 6 people who all got delta covid positive

meanwhile I am 100%

almost like my body built up an immunity to it

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

This wouldn't be the reason.  If it were, then people in Florida who aren't worried about that happening would be.