Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Fair or foul...couple sends invoice to no-shows at wedding

Always order more food than you’d think you’d need but also be prepared for a lot to go to waste. In our case, I was HOPING for leftovers but that didn’t happen. Even the desserts got gone 😭

But yea, that’s foul and a d1ck move 

I’ve had 3 weddings and only had 1 no-show. 

1. I party like it’s the last day alive and no one wants to miss that.

2. If you don’t party, you didn’t get an invite. 

this is clearly on the bride and groom for making a mistake in regards to my points above. 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

this is clearly on the bride and groom for making a mistake in regards to my points above. 

I kinda figured this about you...live hard, damn the torpedoes. You can't argue against any of your points.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Always order more food than you’d think you’d need but also be prepared for a lot to go to waste. In our case, I was HOPING for leftovers but that didn’t happen. Even the desserts got gone 😭

But yea, that’s foul and a d1ck move 

I bet this was a sit down dinner in a catering hall. If someone didn’t show up at your back yard wedding you wouldn’t be billing them $120 per spot. 

Still agree - D1ck move. 

• Confused 1

When we married, we assumed some would have to cancel, but there might also be late additions.  It was pretty much a push if I recall.... in fact, I think we had more adds than cancellations.

fwiw.. no one did not give reasonable notice

We had 4 couples no shows. 2 from her side and 2 from mine. 
1 of mine had good excuse (forgot what it was) and they sent gift - pretty much covered their plates.
Other three fell off the radar. Obviously we should not of invited them. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Dang 3 weddings? How far apart were they? Had a buddy who had 3 weddings in 4 years. Each girl he married he had a kid with too. Can only imagine the food cost. Ours was pretty cool cause we had our food kind of match where we got married at. Rustic farm outside with wildflowers all over the place right near Austin so we had couple different types of tacos, brisket, and a chicken cordon bleu type dish with a poblano sauce on it (which was out standing). Caterer was a gay Mexican guy so when we went to do the tasting I KNEW that food was fixing to be straight 🔥 Decided to have one small cake for me and my wife to cut and eat while everyone else got to choose between 3 different types of cupcakes, with one of them having a cream filling with strawberries. ALL our food got gone. Was wanting a to-go plate to take with us when we left but couldn’t even get a cupcake. The chocolate fountain was emptied too thanks to my sisters, aunts, and nieces 😅

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

When we married, we assumed some would have to cancel, but there might also be late additions.  It was pretty much a push if I recall.... in fact, I think we had more adds than cancellations.

fwiw.. no one did not give reasonable notice

I almost didn’t have my ring for our wedding. It LITERALLY came in the day of so I had to grab it from the mailbox before heading to Driftwood (like 10-20 minutes from Austin). Almost had to have my parents pick me up a cheap ring for the ceremony at the outlets in San Marcos. I’m glad it came in though cause the pictures look ALOT better with my custom ring than a cheap ring that I was going to return after the wedding 

We had our wedding in Marin county (about 30 miles north of San Francisco). A majority of guest were from out of town and stayed in the city. Turns out on the day of, there happened to be a nasty crash on the Golden Gate Bridge. We had to wait about 1-2 hrs for guests to arrive.

We had our wedding in Marin county (about 30 miles north of San Francisco). A majority of guest were from out of town and stayed in the city. Turns out on the day of, there happened to be a nasty crash on the Golden Gate Bridge. We had to wait about 1-2 hrs for guests to arrive.

Ours started about 40-50 minutes late. I told my dad to pick up ice for the drinks. He picked up TWO bags for those big long metal tubs. No ice machine at the wedding venue. Told them just dump that in there and when the ceremony is over send someone to get ice. My wife’s stepdad ignored that and sent his dad (who’s in his 60s at the time and hadn’t ever been there) to get ice before the ceremony. He got lost of course. Took him over an hour to finally find a place for ice and return. I kept trying to just start the wedding but no we HAD to wait on him. That was pretty much what pissed me off on our wedding day. Family not listening and doing their own thing then being adamant about not starting because he was gone. Now this might not sound like a big deal. But our wedding was in September in Texas outside. It was 95-97 degrees that day. So yea, I was a little pissy cause family didn’t want to listen to me even though it wasn’t their wedding. To this day, it still aggravates me cause all they were concerned about was “making sure the beer was cold”. 

19 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Dang 3 weddings? How far apart were they? Had a buddy who had 3 weddings in 4 years. Each girl he married he had a kid with too. Can only imagine the food cost. Ours was pretty cool cause we had our food kind of match where we got married at. Rustic farm outside with wildflowers all over the place right near Austin so we had couple different types of tacos, brisket, and a chicken cordon bleu type dish with a poblano sauce on it (which was out standing). Caterer was a gay Mexican guy so when we went to do the tasting I KNEW that food was fixing to be straight 🔥 Decided to have one small cake for me and my wife to cut and eat while everyone else got to choose between 3 different types of cupcakes, with one of them having a cream filling with strawberries. ALL our food got gone. Was wanting a to-go plate to take with us when we left but couldn’t even get a cupcake. The chocolate fountain was emptied too thanks to my sisters, aunts, and nieces 😅

First wedding was 2003- divorced in 2006

second weeding was 2008- divorced in 2009 

Third wedding was 2010- divorced in 2012. 

I just sleep with whoores now. 

Not only did all invitees show, we had people we didn't invite show up. Everybody ate and drank their fill. 

Send me an invoice for not showing up to your wedding and I'm wiping my ass with it then sending it back with a courteously worded letter telling you to fock off out of my life. 

• Like 1

Just now, 5-Points said:

Not only did all invitees show, we had people we didn't invite show up. Everybody ate and drank their fill. 

Send me an invoice for not showing up to your wedding and I'm wiping my ass with it then sending it back with a courteously worded letter telling you to fock off out of my life. 

Yea I’m not too fond of those people who show up uninvited. Extremely rude. Same with the retarded couple sending people invoices for not showing up. Some people are just inconsiderate 

10 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yea I’m not too fond of those people who show up uninvited. Extremely rude. Same with the retarded couple sending people invoices for not showing up. Some people are just inconsiderate 

Yeah, I wasn't too upset. I mean they were better behaved than some of my drunkard friends I did invite and, honestly, I would've invited them if I had thought about it. It's just hard to remember everybody. We had the room and the food and drink so it wasn't an issue. 

Generally though, yeah, crashing a wedding is a doosh move. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

First wedding was 2003- divorced in 2006

second weeding was 2008- divorced in 2009 

Third wedding was 2010- divorced in 2012. 

I just sleep with whoores now. 

Now?

I kid, I kid.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, frank said:

Now?

I kid, I kid.  

I’ve dated some chicks semi-seriously since my divorces, but in the end, I end up cheating on them too. I have accepted the fact that I am not marriage/relationship material. 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Ours started about 40-50 minutes late. I told my dad to pick up ice for the drinks. He picked up TWO bags for those big long metal tubs. No ice machine at the wedding venue. Told them just dump that in there and when the ceremony is over send someone to get ice. My wife’s stepdad ignored that and sent his dad (who’s in his 60s at the time and hadn’t ever been there) to get ice before the ceremony. He got lost of course. Took him over an hour to finally find a place for ice and return. I kept trying to just start the wedding but no we HAD to wait on him. That was pretty much what pissed me off on our wedding day. Family not listening and doing their own thing then being adamant about not starting because he was gone. Now this might not sound like a big deal. But our wedding was in September in Texas outside. It was 95-97 degrees that day. So yea, I was a little pissy cause family didn’t want to listen to me even though it wasn’t their wedding. To this day, it still aggravates me cause all they were concerned about was “making sure the beer was cold”. 

Great wedding venue that you have to supply your own ice. My guess is if you sent out invoices for no shows it would of been $40 a head. 

:lol:

First time got married at the courthouse. Literally rights by the window where you renew your license plates. No party at all, didn't even tell anyone.

Second time had a wedding in the Philippines. Since we weren't there, had a wedding planner do everything.

My parents and two friends from China were my only guests out of 150ish people. 

7 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

First time got married at the courthouse. Literally rights by the window where you renew your license plates. No party at all, didn't even tell anyone.

Second time had a wedding in the Philippines. Since we weren't there, had a wedding planner do everything.

If I ever got married again I’m not doing the planning (when I saw “I’m not” I really mean my fiancé with me helping). I’m hiring a wedding planner so they can coordinate everything. I don’t ever want to deal with that headache ever again. Even though our wedding turned out great, I won’t ever do that without a wedding planner ever again lol 

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah, GFY. 

From a legal standpoint? They have nothing to stand on. It was an invitation.

Bigly 

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

If I ever got married again I’m not doing the planning (when I saw “I’m not” I really mean my fiancé with me helping). I’m hiring a wedding planner so they can coordinate everything. I don’t ever want to deal with that headache ever again. Even though our wedding turned out great, I won’t ever do that without a wedding planner ever again lol 

Well, I couldn't have afforded it in the states. Fortunately we were working with third world prices.

The food was terrible, but I expected that.

The pastor guy was a complete ass clown. He sent us a 10 page questionnaire asking us to detail our finances, sexual histories, etc. I told him to pound sand. When we met with him, he insisted that he wouldn't marry people of different faiths... so I had to pretend to be Christian.

The photo shoot was never ending... and I clashed with them the day of the wedding. Apparently they thought they were going to follow me around all day snapping candids. I wanted to hang with my friends and parents I hadn't seen in years.

At the end of the day, I only remember a few things clearly...

1. When she walked down the aisle. God damn she brought it. I teared up a little.

2. My parents toast. Mom cried. And damn if it wasn't dusty in that hall.

3. After the wedding, we were starving, and a place near our hotel in Batangas City Philippines of all places had one of the top 5 burgers I've ever had. No joke. Me, the new wife, the best man and his girl, and the maid of honor ate, then got drunk and went for a night swim. That was a good night.

Then I performed my marital duties of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

I’ve dated some chicks semi-seriously since my divorces, but in the end, I end up cheating on them too. I have accepted the fact that I am not marriage/relationship material. 

If there's a woman that can take your presence for more than ten consecutive seconds, you should hang on to her like grim death. 

:banana:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kutulu said:

If there's a woman that can take your presence for more than ten consecutive seconds, you should hang on to her like grim death. 

:banana:

There's that Ku humor!

12 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Did your husband help pick out the place?  Or was it all your decision?  ;)

Weird to end a friendship over a couple hundred dollars. 

No shows should have given proper notice but, every wedding has a few of those and it should be expected. People have things going on in their lives that is out of their control.

I wouldn't no show without notice but, I also wouldn't be friends with people who thought sending a bill was an actual option. Dbags all around. If you can't afford $120 a head, scale back that wedding. Nobody gives a shlt if the salad plates have the gold or silver trim, it's mostly a massive waste of money.

11 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Can I just mention that there is no doubt that this was is and entirely will be the bride's idea

100% correct.

It should be noted that Doug, the husband, claims he never actually sent the invoice.

Attention ho 

If it was a destination wedding and they decided to go parasailing or scuba diving instead of the reception...its funny imho

We only invited siblings and parents.

No friends, cousins, uncle's/aunt's, or  grandparents. 

We also had a destination wedding in Breckenridge.

I have only ever been to my siblings and one of my wife siblings wedding.

I think they are a waste of money.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

We only invited siblings and parents.

No friends, cousins, uncle's/aunt's, or  grandparents. 

We also had a destination wedding in Breckenridge.

I have only ever been to my siblings and one of my wife siblings wedding.

I think they are a waste of money.

:wub:

What year, and where?  Who catered?

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

:wub:

What year, and where?  Who catered?

Hearthstone restaurant.

We got married possibly at "the lodge"? It was some bed and breakfast at the top of the mountain?

• Like 1

My friends who got married really young (early 20’s) should probably send me an invoice. I definitely didn’t give enough to cover 2 people. But I didn’t have much money at the time, and most of those early weddings ended in divorce anyway. 

Missed me by 2 years.  We moved back to San Francisco in 11.  I was the chef de cuisine at the lodge for about a year or two.  Hearthstone did a nice job when I was out there.

Missed me by 2 years.  We moved back to San Francisco in 11.  I was the chef de cuisine at the lodge for about a year or two.  Hearthstone did a nice job when I was out there.

We had the walkthrough dinner or whatever you want to call it at the lodge. 

Everything was surprisingly affordable during the summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

We had the walkthrough dinner or whatever you want to call it at the lodge. 

Everything was surprisingly affordable during the summer. 

I am not sure if it similar now, but yes... great value for lodging and dining in the summer and fall.  Many restaurant will do 2-for- 1 entrees, or reasonable prix fixe menus

• Like 1

16 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The IHOP attorney 😂😂😂