Vikings4ever

Alec Baldwin killed a woman

Just now, MDC said:

I imagine most of the legal responsibility would fall on the person who handed you the gun, yes. 

It wouldn't though.

2 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

It wouldn't though.

Then Alec Baldwin will be charged. But when he isn’t you can always fall back on saying he got off cause he’s a celebrity. 

:dunno: 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Then Alec Baldwin will be charged. But when he isn’t you can always fall back on saying he got off cause he’s a celebrity. 

I'm saying it shouldn't matter if he is a celeb.  But IMO, that is why he won't be.  That is my opinion why he won't be charged. 

4 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I'm saying it shouldn't matter if he is a celeb.  But IMO, that is why he won't be.  That is my opinion why he won't be charged. 

Of course it is. :thumbsup: 

It is uncontested that Baldwin fired a prop gun that killed Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza. According to reports, Baldwin was handed the firearm by an assistant director who stated aloud that it was a "cold gun," meaning that it did not contain a live bullet round but a blank cartridge casing that simulates both the sound and visual image of a real gun when fired. According to details of the police investigation, the weapon was loaded with a live round.  

If it is true that Baldwin had no idea there was an actual bullet or other projectile in the gun, he would not be charged with the crime of murder because he had no intent to kill as the law requires. But that does not mean that the actor could not face a lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter – otherwise known as criminally negligent homicide.  

Under New Mexico law this is defined as a death caused by the failure to exercise "due caution." In other words, while it might have been an accident in the conventional sense, Baldwin could still be prosecuted and convicted upon a showing that he was reckless or grossly negligent.  

If Baldwin was merely a hired actor who simply followed directions on the set by relying on the assurance of the assistant director, there would be insufficient evidence to support an involuntary manslaughter charge against him. He would not be culpable at all under the law. But this was not the case during the shooting of the film.  

Baldwin served as an on-location producer for the movie. The terms of his contract are not known.  

Nevertheless, his additional role may have imposed upon him an affirmative duty of supervision for many aspects of the production, including some responsibility for the safety of the crew.  

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

You are already saying that because he is on a movie set the laws of firearm discharge should not apply to him. So yes.

19 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

you're right, but it matters than he's a LIB 😐  

Funny how the left argues against "Treat every gun as if it's loaded".

Like somehow....well....the left doesn't have to do that. 

"The Rules of Gun Safety are to treat every single gun as if it was loaded, keep your finger off the trigger until you want to shoot your gun, never aim your gun at anyone or anything you are not willing to kill or destroy (Alec Baldwin, this means you)  and be mindful of your target and anything or anyone who is behind it"

https://717armory.com/2020/03/19/what-are-the-rules-of-gun-safety/

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Probably had something do with the fact that the guy he shot didn't die and he himself said the shooting was accidental and didn't press charges.

Was just a shame that Baldwin didn't get a signed affidavit from this biitch before she died. I bet SHE would've said its an accident. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Was just a shame that Baldwin didn't get a signed affidavit from this biitch before she died. I bet SHE would've said its an accident. 

Ohhhh, now she's a bltch because he shot her and the lib might get in trouble for it. Focking retard. :lol:

If I accidentally shoot someone because I think the gun is not loaded then I'm free as a bird. I'll have to remember that one.

Sorry officer, sure I pointed the gun at that guy but I thought the gun wasn't loaded when i pulled the trigger. 

Oh, well then, be on your way sir. Worry not, we shall clean up the mess. Good day.

32 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Useless alias? It was a joke, you retard. 

Your real name is wiffleball? Is it because people actually hear a whistle come out of your ears when you are out standing in the wind?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Cheney ever go to jail for shooting that guy?

Shooting that guy is the least bad thing he did.

• Like 1

Don't you love it when liberals come into threads and talk about everything except for the thread topic? It's kind of like the creepy joe thread. 

Let's count the number of times words like libruhls, orange man, etc are mentioned and by whom, in this thread, shall we? 

All of you guys arguing about the rules of gun safety are missing a pretty significant point. Actors aren't always familiar with guns. There are guys like Keanu Reeves, who trained extensively in 3 gun for some of his roles. But he's an outlier. Most of them have never handled a firearm outside of a movie set. Hence why they have Armorers and Prop Masters whose job it is to render the firearms on set safe for an inexperienced person to handle. 

"You should treat every gun as though it's loaded." 

Yeah, except this gun was supposed to be loaded. WITH BLANKS. Was Alec Baldwin supposed to inspect every round in the cylinder to determine if it was a blank? No, he wasn't, that wasn't his job. His job was to act like a guy who knew what he was doing. 

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand that fockin doosh. But ultimately, he isn't to blame for this accident. At least not solely. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Cheney ever go to jail for shooting that guy?

Did Cheney kill that guy? 

• Like 1

Who exactly is in charge for the most part?  People walked off because of safety concerns.  Other guns were misfired.  

Is there someone in charge on the set? And who is it?

It isn't Tennessee's fault their fans started throwing crap on thr field the other week.  But they were the ones who had to pay 250k because of it.

29 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

All of you guys arguing about the rules of gun safety are missing a pretty significant point. Actors aren't always familiar with guns. There are guys like Keanu Reeves, who trained extensively in 3 gun for some of his roles. But he's an outlier. Most of them have never handled a firearm outside of a movie set. Hence why they have Armorers and Prop Masters whose job it is to render the firearms on set safe for an inexperienced person to handle. 

Yeah, except this gun was supposed to be loaded. WITH BLANKS. Was Alec Baldwin supposed to inspect every round in the cylinder to determine if it was a blank? No, he wasn't, that wasn't his job. His job was to act like a guy who knew what he was doing. 

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand that fockin doosh. But ultimately, he isn't to blame for this accident. At least not solely. 

You could be right here, but I find it hard to believe if you, I or @wiffleball fired a gun and killed somebody without checking if we had live rounds in it we would be up on charges faster than you can say "BAN ALL GUNS!".  Why do actors get different rules?  Being lazy is not a defense. 

And  I believe it says right in the union contract that actors are supposed to be checking their weapons.  Sure, it's probably a pain in the ass to have to check to make sure each round is NOT live, but if you don't then this happens.

16 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You could be right here, but I find it hard to believe if you, I or @wiffleball fired a gun and killed somebody without checking if we had live rounds in it we would be up on charges faster than you can say "BAN ALL GUNS!".  Why do actors get different rules?  Being lazy is not a defense. 

And  I believe it says right in the union contract that actors are supposed to be checking their weapons.  Sure, it's probably a pain in the ass to have to check to make sure each round is NOT live, but if you don't then this happens.

Anywhere other than a movie set? Absolutely. There are people on set who have certain responsibilities. It isn't the actor's job to load the prop guns. In fact, they aren't allowed to. 

I assume blanks are a combo of brass, primer, powder and some type of wad to hold the powder in place. So it would be easy to pull them and see if there was a bullet protruding from the end of the case but are the actors required to do that? IDK. They couldn't then, put the blanks back in the gun, though. Because that is the responsibility of the Armorer. 

Besides, I'm pretty sure somewhere in this thread I highlighted a rule that required bullet proof shields to be in place to protect the crew in the event of a negligent discharge. Whose job was it to make sure those were in place? If it was Baldwin's then that's what they should nail him for. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

It isn't the actor's job to load the prop guns.

A.) It was a real gun. 

B.) The problem wasn't loading it. That appeared to be done with utter precision.  The problem was making sure it wasn't loaded. 

SO if I own a gun store, and hire someone to sell guns, make sure guns aren't loaded, mop the floor...etc...

If someone gets shot by a loaded gun in my store, all fault is removed because "It was someone else's job"? That's what you just said. 

The thing everyone is ALWAYS going to come back to, and there is no excuse.... Baldwin didn't treat the gun as though it was loaded.   That's 100% on him.

• Like 1

I’m thinking this will boil down to who has liability?  Baldwin will argue he knows nothing about guns hence the hiring of a range master to assume responsibility and liability for that weapon.  Prosecutors Will argue the range master doesn’t matter as ultimately it is everyone’s personal responsibility and liability when you handle a firearm that you know it’s status. Rules will change in sets requiring anyone who handles a firearm to go through basic training about them to insure liability falls on the individual and not the studio (like it certainly will here)

PS I hate the douche. 

41 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Who exactly is in charge for the most part?  People walked off because of safety concerns.  Other guns were misfired.  

Is there someone in charge on the set? And who is it?

It isn't Tennessee's fault their fans started throwing crap on thr field the other week.  But they were the ones who had to pay 250k because of it.

So, Tennessee killed her? 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

All of you guys arguing about the rules of gun safety are missing a pretty significant point. Actors aren't always familiar with guns.

Utilit99.... post to everyone what I sent you via PM 3 hours ago...about how certain folks would respond. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

No it wasn't.  He was rehearsing.  The protocol in the industry is that the ONLY time the gun MIGHT have any kind of round in it is if you're actually filming.  You never have anything loaded in the gun for rehearsal.  There's no reason to and bad things could happen......

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

A.) It was a real gun. 

B.) The problem wasn't loading it. That appeared to be done with utter precision.  The problem was making sure it wasn't loaded. 

SO if I own a gun store, and hire someone to sell guns, make sure guns aren't loaded, mop the floor...etc...

If someone gets shot by a loaded gun in my store, all fault is removed because "It was someone else's job"? That's what you just said. 

The thing everyone is ALWAYS going to come back to, and there is no excuse.... Baldwin didn't treat the gun as though it was loaded.   That's 100% on him.

He treated it as though it was loaded with blanks. 

Have you seen The Wire? 

****SPOILER ALERT****

Remember the kid that shoots Omar?

Do you think that little kid could determine on his own whether the gun he was using in that scene was loaded or not? 

That's why they have "professionals" on set to render firearms safe for use by amateurs. The problem here is that they didn't have a professional on set. They had an amateur in a highly important safety role. Now, as a Producer, he may end up on the hook for that but the shooting was an accident he wasn't being paid to prevent as an actor. 

gun range accident: Girl, nine, kills instructor

US gun range accident: Girl, nine, kills instructorClose

A nine-year-old girl in the US has accidentally killed her shooting instructor using a high-powered submachine gun.

The 39-year-old was giving the girl a lesson at the Last Stop firing range in Arizona, but the recoil from the automatic fire caused her to lose control of the Uzi.

The accident appears to have happened after the gun was switched from single to full automatic mode.

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

He treated it as though it was loaded with blanks.

Correct.

And that's why he has killed more people than all of the Jan 6 "insurgents" combined.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Correct.

And that's why he has killed more people than all of the Jan 6 "insurgents" combined.

My bad. I'm arguing facts, not politics. 

Carry on. 

Movie: Rust 

Premise[edit]

In 1880s Kansas, Harland Rust is an outlaw from the Old West who rescues his thirteen-year-old grandson Lucas after he is sentenced to hang for an accidental murder. Now fugitives, the pair have to outrun U.S. Marshal Wood Helm and bounty hunter Fenton "Preacher" Lang.[2][3]

Cast[edit]

Oh the irony.

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

My bad. I'm arguing facts, not politics. 

Carry on. 

No, you're not.  I debunked one of your main "facts". 

28 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

gun range accident: Girl, nine, kills instructor

US gun range accident: Girl, nine, kills instructorClose

A nine-year-old girl in the US has accidentally killed her shooting instructor using a high-powered submachine gun.

The 39-year-old was giving the girl a lesson at the Last Stop firing range in Arizona, but the recoil from the automatic fire caused her to lose control of the Uzi.

The accident appears to have happened after the gun was switched from single to full automatic mode.

So what? Baldwin should be in prison for manslaughter no matter what else you bring up.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

So what? Baldwin should be in prison for manslaughter no matter what else you bring up.

So, so suddenly we're giving 9 year old girls a pass? They are perhaps the most liberal on the planet.

• Haha 1

Just now, wiffleball said:

So, so suddenly we're giving 9 year old girls a pass? They are perhaps the most liberal on the planet.

I didn't give her a pass. This thread is about baldwin's crime. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Yep. Pretty much what I have been thinking all along. At least involuntary manslaughter. Unless they find out he actually planned the whole thing.