JustinCharge

NAACP to blacks: Do not sign with any Texas team

I think all this does is push blacks further away from the democrat party.

https://sports.yahoo.com/naacp-urges-athletes-to-avoid-signing-with-texas-teams-over-restrictive-state-laws-greg-abbott-230704822.html

NAACP urges athletes to avoid signing with Texas teams over restrictive state laws

Ryan Young

·Writer

Thu, October 28, 2021, 4:07 PM

The NAACP made its position clear on Thursday afternoon.

If you’re a professional athlete, the organization said, avoid signing with a team in the state of Texas.

The NAACP sent a two-page letter to the MLB, NBA, WNBA, NHL and NFL players’ associations on Thursday officially asking players to not sign with Texas sports teams due to a series of restrictive laws that have been passed in the state in recent months.

NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson signed the letter and cited the state’s near-total abortion ban, new restrictive voting rights laws and lack of mask mandates and vaccine requirements when calling for the change.

"If you are considering signing in Texas, I ask you to ensure that owners are upholding their responsibility of protecting you, the athlete, and your family," the letter states, via ESPN. "I ask you to use your influence to help protect the constitutional rights of each individual at risk."

There are nine professional teams in the state of Texas: the Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys in the NFL; the Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs in the NBA; the Houston Astros and Texas Rangers in MLB; the Dallas Stars in the NHL; and the Dallas Wings in the WNBA.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, has passed several controversial laws in recent months that Johnson cited in his letter. The state in May passed a law banning abortion procedures after roughly six weeks of pregnancy. That law has been the center of nationwide controversy and is the strictest of its kind in the country. Abbott has also signed a new voting bill that Republicans contend enhances voting security and Democrats say restricts voting access in the state. Abbot has also banned all COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

Johnson called these new laws “archaic” and said they specifically hurt people of color in the state.

"Over the past few months, legislators in Texas have passed archaic policies, disguised as laws, that directly violate privacy rights and a woman's freedom to choose, restrict access to free and fair elections for Black and brown voters, and increase the risk of contracting coronavirus," the letter says, via ESPN.

Why don’t states let other states do whatever the fock they want. That’s the point of having different states. 

This is focking awesome. I seriously hope it gets some traction with the liberals and blows up nationally.

Get the popcorn ready. :banana:

7 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Why don’t states let other states do whatever the fock they want. That’s the point of having different states. 

Like letting a high school in Kentucky give lap dances to their teachers?

20 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Clearly that would depend on what they want to do.  I mean, should we expect Dallas or Miami to allow vigilantes to take over city blocks and terrorize the local population just because Portland and Minneapolis are ok with it? I think not. 

We seem to be moving ever closer to a divorce between red and blue states.  And the people really seem to want it.

This is dumb.  But not surprising.  The NAACP really has no purpose any more so they have to look for things to get outraged about to try to prove they're still relevant.  Gotta keep those donations coming!!!!

33 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Clearly that would depend on what they want to do.  I mean, should we expect Dallas or Miami to allow vigilantes to take over city blocks and terrorize the local population just because Portland and Minneapolis are ok with it? I think not. 

Yes of course it depends on what it is but like they’re passing a law. Other state doesn’t agree with it. Just like Texas doesn’t agree with those states laws. They need to stop worry about what other states are doing cause they have no say in it

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

I can see how abortion may have an effect on the men's teams.  Don't get how it affects the WNBA.  :dunno:

It took me a second....

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

Yup.  For the 2020 election, Democrats did all they could to increase minority support, yet Trump improved on every minority demographic - especially black folks, while Biden increased on ONLY the white demographic.  It's going to be even more so in 2024.

I think the odds are really high that, if the nation does not politically split in half, red states and blue states will just ban all economic activity and travel between each other.  This is just gonna get worse.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I think the odds are really high that, if the nation does not politically split in half, red states and blue states will just ban all economic activity and travel between each other.  This is just gonna get worse.  

yep, and it's by design

divide & conquer 

The biggest force behind abortion in this country was created to prevent black babies. And the NAACP cries racism because because they are prevented from doing so. You couldn't make this up.

35 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The biggest force behind abortion in this country was created to prevent black babies. And the NAACP cries racism because because they are prevented from doing so. You couldn't make this up.

It was also a lie.

6 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/naacp-urges-athletes-to-avoid-signing-with-texas-teams-over-restrictive-state-laws-greg-abbott-230704822.html

NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson signed the letter and cited the state’s near-total abortion ban, new restrictive voting rights laws and lack of mask mandates and vaccine requirements when calling for the change.

Don't sign with them because they passed laws we don't like because we think they restrict personal freedoms and they won't pass laws that actually do restrict personal freedoms. 

Listen up negros. We'll let you know what's best for you. 

I think all liberal black people should quit their jobs in Texas and move to California. More specifically, San Francisco. 

Power to the people!!!

• Thanks 1

Such focking hipocrites.  They don't want blacks excluded from America, but they want to exclude an entire state.  

I hope Jerry Jones makes a public statement about this or sends the NAACP a letter.  Fock those racists.

I’ve seen black people start to distance themselves more and more from these people. The ones that are siding with them are the liberals blacks and those are a very small select few. They’re already pissed at Biden for cutting HBCU funds so seeing Biden administration thinking of giving illegals half a mil each is sending them over the edge 

3 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

I’ve seen black people start to distance themselves more and more from these people. The ones that are siding with them are the liberals blacks and those are a very small select few. They’re already pissed at Biden for cutting HBCU funds so seeing Biden administration thinking of giving illegals half a mil each is sending them over the edge 

The HBCU stuff is just another game they are playing, that’s why you don’t hear any yelling about it. They didn’t cut the funding, they just reduced the amount they originally proposed. It will still be more than before. Don’t fall for it. Just like the “let’s give illegals 450 k” thing. When they get welfare and everything else it will look good in comparison. With what all these illegals will end up costing us maybe we could pay them to leave. It will be cheaper. 

So…it’s 2am. I just got home from WORKING.

Can someone explain how not allowing a mask mandate- and not allowing a vaxx mandate is considered “restrictive”?

And, if I were to actually call someone a “colored person”, I would be ridiculed and canceled by the Organization pushing all this other BS. 

6 hours ago, Old School said:

So…it’s 2am. I just got home from WORKING.

Can someone explain how not allowing a mask mandate- and not allowing a vaxx mandate is considered “restrictive”?

And, if I were to actually call someone a “colored person”, I would be ridiculed and canceled by the Organization pushing all this other BS. 

What's the difference between a colored person amd a person of color? Plus, black is the absense of color.

Conservatives across the country need to step up their game.

I believe all owners of all Texas teams should step in and support the NAACP by releasing all black players and cancelling all of their contracts effective right now as well as encourage teams from around their leagues across the country to do so as well.

No more of this taking advantage of black people. :thumbsup:

Why would they play in a state like Texas with zero State income tax when they can play in California and pay 13% state income tax.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:17 AM, JustinCharge said:

I'm okay with anything that pushes them further away. Ever notice they smell like corn chips and baby powder?