Nomad99

Kyle Rittenhouse trial

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

Forever?  it's been 6 hours. 

GAHHHHHH! FOREVER!!!! 

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

#1.) I didn't say he did necessarily but there will be consideration given to the amount of people around him. 

#2.) He fired 4 rounds to kill the first person. 

#3.) The jury also needs to determine if the AR-15 is necessary to self-defense.

#4.) The jury also needs to determine if they buy Gaige's story that he pulled his gun because he thought Rittenhouse was an active shooter. If they do buy that then in some respects you could make the case Rittenhouse caused the chain of events. 

#5.) Again- you lose the right to self defense at some point. In some of the video it looks like he runs away from the action and then waits on people. A jury member could see that as baiting someone into an area. And once you run in self-defense you are not allowed to really re-engage otherwise you helped start it.

Why would they need to determine if an AR-15 is necessary for self-defense?  It's what he had on him.  Is the expectation that he leave and get a different weapon.

In regards to 5, you're seeing what you want to see if you think he ran away to bait someone.

Also, it's all moot.  If the jury has a loud, persuasive liberal, he's guilty.  If the jury has a loud, persuasive conservative, he's not guilty.  Motives, intent, guilt?  We're long past that.  This trial is all about the politics of the jury.

Either side could sit up there and throw feces around the courtroom if they got jury selection right.

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

#1.) I didn't say he did necessarily but there will be consideration given to the amount of people around him. 

#2.) He fired 4 rounds to kill the first person. 

#3.) The jury also needs to determine if the AR-15 is necessary to self-defense.

#4.) The jury also needs to determine if they buy Gaige's story that he pulled his gun because he thought Rittenhouse was an active shooter. If they do buy that then in some respects you could make the case Rittenhouse caused the chain of events. 

#5.) Again- you lose the right to self defense at some point. In some of the video it looks like he runs away from the action and then waits on people. A jury member could see that as baiting someone into an area. And once you run in self-defense you are not allowed to really re-engage otherwise you helped start it. 

All I'm saying overall is- it is not just a cut and dry thing. The media tries to present it as such. Some people here do. It isn't

no 2

The jury can't decide if the AR 15 is necessary to self-defense

the weapon has zero relevance, and already has presidence that it is a legal firearm

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Not much legit speculation.  Big channels are mostly talking about other stuff.  

They won't talk about it because they're pretty confident that he'll get acquitted and they're hoping that their viewers will forget the trial took place.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Joe Scarborough said he fired sixty rounds. Geraldo Rivera said he had a machine gun and flashed a white supremacist sign. 

• Haha 1

I wonder if the National Guard has to shoot someone looting and rioting the MSM and our resident libtards will be saying the one I gets shot shouldn’t have been there.  Remember , anyone out there shouldn’t be there. Anyone. 

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I've been in that building---paying speeding tickets. 

Did that dude shoot you?  

Well, they need a unanimous decision to convict. It seems someone is stubborn to convict.   I have to hope they have at least one implacable “acquit of all charges or mistrial” juror. Walk free or mistrial. That would certainly be me we’re I on the jury.

The judge has rigged this trial so badly. Alt-righties are crapping on our legal system and Constitution every chance they get.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Well, they need a unanimous decision to convict. It seems someone is stubborn to convict.   I have to hope they have at least one implacable “acquit of all charges or mistrial” juror. Walk free or mistrial. That would certainly be me we’re I on the jury.

Yup. All it takes is one person of substance who refuses to kotow to the angry mob outside the courthouse, stick to the rule of law and not convict an innocent man of trumped up charges because it would be easier. That's the only way a just verdict gets returned. 

When decent Americans refuse to do what is right because it might anger some racist, lefty, shitstains, we all lose. 

My dad who I would label an old school Blue Dog Democrat.  Voted for Bill Clinton......

I was over his house the other day and somehow all that's going on in the world came up and his exact words:   "These democrats are crazy, what has happened, they are downright insane".  As he just looked at me and shook his head in disbelief.  

I laughed shook my head up and down, "I know pops, I know".  

7 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The judge has rigged this trial so badly. Alt-righties are crapping on our legal system and Constitution every chance they get.

Charges shouldn’t have brought in the first place

• Like 1

It's complicated because they can consider lesser charges I believe, so imagine the typical citizen and then give them a bunch of legalese to sift through.

It also means that he's increased the chances that he's going down.  Judge also instructed the jurors to consider if Rittenhouse provoked the attack which means he might get tagged on reckless homicide if they find that he provoked an altercation.

I think the defense messed up there.  You have to figure there is at least one red team member on the jury that will hold out as long as it takes and get a hung jury, but that's easy for me to say with someone else facing life in prison.  If the blue team has the more aggressive jury members, then they can potentially run over the red team jurors.  With this capitulation in allowing lesser chargers, the defense is allowing the jury to come to a compromise on a lesser charge which means they can come back with 2nd degree murder which I would never allow if I was the defense.  The prosecution over-charged the case, and the defense gave away that advantage.

I suppose they may believe by allowing the jury to acquit on lesser chargers, they are heading off an appeal by the state?  The jockeying in this case is fascinating to me.

12 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

My dad who I would label an old school Blue Dog Democrat.  Voted for Bill Clinton......

I was over his house the other day and somehow all that's going on in the world came up and his exact words:   "These democrats are crazy, what has happened, they are downright insane".  As he just looked at me and shook his head in disbelief.  

I laughed shook my head, "I know pops, I know".  

His party left him. 

Good news is, the current Republican party is right about where he was when the Dems went full blown nuts. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

And riots shouldn’t have been allowed in the first place.  But the Governor of Wisconsin sacrificed one of his cities to the mob and to the Democratic Party so a corrupt old fool like Biden could get elected. And the hore 

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Yeah, lawlessness is sexy unless you're on the business end of it, fool.

14 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

🤡

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yeah, lawlessness is sexy unless you're on the business end of it, fool.

If you really are Rusty Syringes I haven't seen a faster fall from grace since Joe Paterno. 

Just now, KSB2424 said:

If you really are Rusty Syringes I haven't seen a faster fall from grace since Joe Paterno. 

Yeah, that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen him post.  A pedophile that was in and out of jail his whole life looking for a fight got shot actively promoting lawlessness.  

Is he that oblivious?

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Some of you guys need to stop seeing everything as "either/or" in this world. 

At one time that was right. Not anymore, the lines are clear. If you’re on the left you’re ok with political violence, and justify it in the most ridiculous ways. If you’re on the right you want law and order and civilized behavior and the guilty to be punished. 

13 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Why? It was fun back in the day to troll Torridjoe and his ilk. Now I troll the alt-righty buttknuckles for my amusement. And you have no idea what aliases I am and how much self-trolling I do here for my own amusement. The fact that the buttknuckles here take themselves way too focking seriously is the problem. I'm engaged in the same shenanigans here that I've always been. It's pointless to post funny stories - of which I have plenty - for chromosome-missing morons such as HT, Utittletattler99 and JustinDischarge. 

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Some of you guys need to stop seeing everything as "either/or" in this world. 

100% Agreed.

I'm vaccinated but its my choice, government mandates are dumb.  Yet guess what?  I say that publicly and all the sudden I'm "Anti-Vaxx".

If a person is confused about their gender...and they change..if it makes them happy then so be it, good for them.  Just stop acting like its "normal" and leave the kids alone is all I ask.  At least let them hit puberty for crying out loud.  

All Human Beings are created equal.  So quit with the Identity Politics mumbo jumbo.  

See how this works?  

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Why? It was fun back in the day to troll Torridjoe and his ilk. Now I troll the alt-righty buttknuckles for my amusement. And you have no idea what aliases I am and how much self-trolling I do here for my own amusement. The fact that the buttknuckles here take themselves way too focking seriously is the problem. I'm engaged in the same shenanigans here that I've always been. It's pointless to post funny stories - of which I have plenty - for chromosome-missing morons such as HT, Utittletattler99 and JustinDischarge. 

Yeah, you seem like you’re having a blast. Good for you! 

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Either be funny, be informative, or be interesting in some way.  

You used to be one of the three (at least), now it's just sad.  

It may be time to look in the mirror.  

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Either be funny, be informative, or be interesting in some way.  

You used to be one of the three (at least), now it's just sad.  

It may be time to look in the mirror.  

I largely show respect to the Silverbacks and mostly restrict my abuses to the unfunny noobs who take themselves too seriously. 

If I weren't interesting in some way, you'd just be apathetic toward me, which you most certainly aren't.

The board is interesting to me for the first time in years, but mostly because it's a target-rich environment to get a rise out of those who never knew the fellowship we shared back in the day, when we could come here, bust balls and still be friends at the end of the day. 

Think about that and get back to me. I have no beef with you, sir.

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

At one time that was right. Not anymore, the lines are clear. If you’re on the left you’re ok with political violence, and justify it in the most ridiculous ways. If you’re on the right you want law and order and civilized behavior and the guilty to be punished. 

That is not true in any way. You guys like to claim I am a leftist and I'm not okay with political violence. I want guilty to be punished as well- just by cops and people trained and not 17 year old kids with God complexes, or goofy redneck dudes who think the amount of guns they own define them. 

20 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

100% Agreed.

I'm vaccinated but its my choice, government mandates are dumb.  Yet guess what?  I say that publicly and all the sudden I'm "Anti-Vaxx".

If a person is confused about their gender...and they change..if it makes them happy then so be it, good for them.  Just stop acting like its "normal" and leave the kids alone is all I ask.  At least let them hit puberty for crying out loud.  

All Human Beings are created equal.  So quit with the Identity Politics mumbo jumbo.  

See how this works?  

Whether I agree with government mandates or not, I understand why they exist. Also, no problem with a private employer mandating their employees get vaccines. It's their business and they can do as they see fit.

People should be allowed to be what they want to be. But yeah- pushing it on a kid who has not hit puberty does strike me as silly. Also, I think it's fine to treat people who want to do it as normal. If I have a best friend named Brad and all of a sudden he wants to be Brandy- nothing changed about my friendship with them.

Identity politics work for both sides- the lefts racial issue divide is the rights blue collar vs white collar divide. It's all dumb and people are stupid on both sides for falling for it. 

As to this thread- there are far too many people who think "This is just self defense." It isn't that simple." 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Joe Scarborough said he fired sixty rounds. Geraldo Rivera said he had a machine gun and flashed a white supremacist sign. 

when did Geraldo become Juan Williams good lord that dude is seriously a leftist, I even heard him say Joe Biden is doing something good

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

That is not true in any way. You guys like to claim I am a leftist and I'm not okay with political violence. I want guilty to be punished as well- just by cops and people trained and not 17 year old kids with God complexes, or goofy redneck dudes who think the amount of guns they own define them. 

Whether I agree with government mandates or not, I understand why they exist. Also, no problem with a private employer mandating their employees get vaccines. It's their business and they can do as they see fit.

People should be allowed to be what they want to be. But yeah- pushing it on a kid who has not hit puberty does strike me as silly. Also, I think it's fine to treat people who want to do it as normal. If I have a best friend named Brad and all of a sudden he wants to be Brandy- nothing changed about my friendship with them.

Identity politics work for both sides- the lefts racial issue divide is the rights blue collar vs white collar divide. It's all dumb and people are stupid on both sides for falling for it. 

As to this thread- there are far too many people who think "This is just self defense." It isn't that simple." 

The leftist governor is the one who removed the police and had them stand down and refused federal help to control the riots.  Obviously he was ok with political violence. And as far as I know everyone on the right here felt the law breakers on Jan 6 should have been arrested. That doesn’t mean we think they should be held in jail until trial. 

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Well please enlighten us

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Well please enlighten us

He crossed state lines!

He shouldn't have been there?  (as if any of them should have been)

He could have just shot them in the knee like in the movies!

🤦‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The leftist governor is the one who removed the police and had them stand down and refused federal help to control the riots.  Obviously he was ok with political violence. And as far as I know everyone on the right here felt the law breakers on Jan 6 should have been arrested. That doesn’t mean we think they should be held in jail until trial. 

Someone was whining earlier because a person died at the insurrection after being shot by an officer- the way the stuff is supposed to work.

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Well please enlighten us

I've offered plenty of scenarios that go into factors of decisions here. That was met with "If there is a left person on the jury who is loud that side wins." That's just silly. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Someone was whining earlier because a person died at the insurrection after being shot by an officer- the way the stuff is supposed to work.

I've offered plenty of scenarios that go into factors of decisions here. That was met with "If there is a left person on the jury who is loud that side wins." That's just silly. 

Offered scenarios?  How can there be different scenarios?  The case is about facts and if the state can meet the burden of proof for a given charge.  And it is as simple as self defense.  If the jury finds that the facts show that the self defense doctrine applies, he walks.  End of story.