Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Time Athlete of the Year- Simone Biles

Simone Biles: Athlete of the Year 2021 | Time

No not The Onion or Babylon Bee, but maybe she can win three times.

In 2020-2021, failure is celebrated as the highest achievement.

• Like 1

I hope she declines it....

17 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Why is she a failure? 

Well the expectations going into the Olympics were high, people predicted 5 gold medals and if she actually pulled off those expectations, like Michael Phelps did, that would indeed be something special.

Instead, she choked in her first event and then sat it out the rest of the competitions.

Dan Campbell's Lions are 1-10-1 but I don't think he deserves coach of the year for overcoming the obsticles by successfully pull out a win and a tie with that squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On what planet would Brady Rodgers or Mahomes get cheered for sitting out a championship game to focus on mental health? 

They wouldn't.   Why does she?  

• Thanks 1

you are supposed to know that awards based on a panel of judges are worthless.  time athlete of the year is one of those.

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

yes this does seem silly.  

Who should win?

Brady.  Not a huge NBA guy by any means but Greek Freak seems fairly worthy and that team who didn't free agent assemble.   Top of my head.  Probably not a ton of clear athletes to win.  But 1000 more deserving than Biles.  How about her teammate who won all around individual gold?  

Seem silly? It is silly.  No question. 

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Who should win?

There was a girl who was wrapped in an american flag..so excited after winning and how proud she was to represent  USA.  I think she was in judo or something...her interview was posted here...cant remember ger name tho

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

There was a girl who was wrapped in an american flag..so excited after winning and how proud she was to represent  USA.  I think she was in judo or something...her interview was posted here...cant remember ger name tho

Wrestler! I am not even a wrestler but I respect them!  Real stuff there.  Not surprised by that girl's demeanor.

A 44 year old winning a super bowl would seem worthy. But he’s the whitest white man in whiteyville. 

30 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Brady.  Not a huge NBA guy by any means but Greek Freak seems fairly worthy and that team who didn't free agent assemble.   Top of my head.  Probably not a ton of clear athletes to win.  But 1000 more deserving than Biles.  How about her teammate who won all around individual gold?  

Seem silly? It is silly.  No question. 

yea, I just don't know what else might have happened in the gymnastics world, or really who is a good option this year.

I stopped caring about Time Magazine when I was young and saw they had Hitler on the cover. No thanks. This further solidifies that anything to do with that magazine is a clown show 

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Who should win?

Probably Laurel Hubbard. Time must have really struggled with the decison.

It's Time Magazine.   I would not expect anything different except maybe Kapernick again or Lebron. 

8 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Who should win?

The New Girl 

Was Naomi Osaka even competitive with her I wonder.

The only place I see Time is at the check out at the supermarket, next to Star magazine and People. Seems the right place for it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Yeah, in an olympic year there are no shortage of candidates.  That Italian sprinter who shocked everyone by winning the 100?  Just looked it up, his name is Lamont Marcell Jacobs.  Give it to him.

I don't want to diminish the importance of mental health so if you want to give her Person of the Year or something, fine.  But you aren't athlete of the year for quitting. 

Next year it should be that Tranny who set all the records in woman’s swimming.  

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Imagine getting upset about who wins a fake award like Time Athlete of the Year

Imagine thinking anyone is actually upset about it. That would be worse. 

I looked up Biles to see if anything else big happened in gymnastics..looks like no.  She is only 4 ft 8 in. I knew she was short but dang that is little.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Who is more brave?  Biles or Antonio Brown?  I would think some accolades are headed his way, no?

:lol:

On 12/10/2021 at 11:31 AM, Sean Mooney said:

Imagine getting upset about who wins a fake award like Time Athlete of the Year

Imagine being you. :cry:

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Who is more brave?  Biles or Antonio Brown?  I would think some accolades are headed his way, no?

He took off his top. She didn’t. 

14 hours ago, Old School said:

Antonio stepping up and says the line starts here for the 2022 cover.

Maybe. But don't forget that the winter Olympics are coming and there is a premium on them quitting.