Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

43 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Wrong.  I work in big tech, we'd rather hire Americans.

That proves you don't work for big tech. It's a mixture of both. 

You try so hard you expose yourself as a liar without even knowing it. 

11 minutes ago, craftsman said:

My wife works in a medical office.  The bulk of their work is physicals for people coming here on work visas, mostly from India. Most  of them are here for tech jobs. They are very busy. But Gutterboy knows it all. Also, my wife says they are very rude and demanding. And lots of them come up positive for TB 

7 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Didn’t his beloved Disney let go of a bunch of native born tech workers for ones on visas a while back? Yeah, they did. 

14 minutes ago, craftsman said:

He didn’t say they didn’t hire people from India, just that they’d “rather” hire Americans…

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My wife works in a medical office.  The bulk of their work is physicals for people coming here on work visas, mostly from India. Most  of them are here for tech jobs. They are very busy. But Gutterboy knows it all. Also, my wife says they are very rude and demanding. And lots of them come up positive for syphilis.  

I work for a massive IT services and business consulting company, and every project I've worked on except 1 has had an offshore component (India mostly), and they bring many of them over here as well as them working there during their hours. It's part of big tech culture. And Indian people can definitely be a bunch of assh0les when it comes to working with.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

He didn’t say they didn’t hire people from India, just that they’d “rather” hire Americans

And that would be false. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

I work for a massive IT services and business consulting company, and every project I've worked on except 1 has had an offshore component (India mostly), and they bring many of them over here as well as them working there during their hours. It's part of big tech culture. And Indian people can definitely be a bunch of assh0les when it comes to working with.

I said syphilis but it’s TB. Some of them come up positive for syphilis. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said syphilis but it’s TB. Some of them come up positive for syphilis. 

India is so dirty and disgusting, The Indians themselves know it. 

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

A now former Twitter employee complained on social media that he got fired "while sleeping" after Elon Musk ordered company-wide layoffs on Friday to get Twitter back in the black. 

Like this.

Yep. That's how it works if you are fired when you have software engineering access. Complete cut off with no advanced notice. If this guy doesn't understand this, then he's a dumb software engineer. Or a complete snowflake. Or both. Which sounds like the case.

Spot on….anyone who has privileged access is treated this way 

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Like i said. Deadnaming and conforming that a man can be a woman is a leftist ideology. I don’t care that anyone is banned or not.   Also keyword is harass  who determines what harassing is?  A leftist sitting at a keyboard  blaire white a tranny doesn’t consider it harassment 

I watch podcasts. I’ve never used Twitter and never will im just pointing out facts. 

and yes it’s against their policy. But Twitter has claimed not to follow leftist ideology. 

I come from a time when nothing was off limits and believe that nothing should ever be off limits.

See you are stuck on this part which isn't really the issue. That's what the right wants the issue to be because then they can cry "censorship." Make it anything else- if Babylon Bee used the "n word" is that okay to be suspended or is it "leftist ideology.?" That's the question you don't want to answer. The TOS outline what you can and can't say to use their service. People broke it. I agree on the part that the moderation might not be consistent but that isn't necessarily left vs right.

6 hours ago, Masshole said:

Honest question - Do you actually believe this?      You're smart enough to know how data and analysis can be massaged and manipulated.    Some times you just have to rely on what you see with your own eyes.    What are they telling you?    

I think it's complicated. I don't fully know the methodology of how they looked at things. I do know if you follow one set of ideas you will generally get more of those ideas funneled to you. I do think they probably found that righty posts were featured more however, I would love to see an outside source look at it. I do think though there is far more of an underbelly to the right on those social media sources than the left just because of how many of those open groups exist. However, again- I'd love to see a third party looking into it. 

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

See you are stuck on this part which isn't really the issue. That's what the right wants the issue to be because then they can cry "censorship." Make it anything else- if Babylon Bee used the "n word" is that okay to be suspended or is it "leftist ideology.?" That's the question you don't want to answer. The TOS outline what you can and can't say to use their service. People broke it. I agree on the part that the moderation might not be consistent but that isn't necessarily left vs right.

Stating a biological reality, can't be argued, and using a racist derogatory term, yup, same same.

The left never misses an opportunity to inject race. It's always on the mind of actual racists. It's a bummer, would be nice if we could move beyond that sort of thing but, the racists on the left will never let that happen. 

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I think its ok for anyone to say whatever they want including the N word

as a matter of fact there are plenty of times the N word appears on twitter right now

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

As a matter of fact there are plenty of times the N word appears on twitter right now

Good point, it's used constantly. Just another reason why his response was really focking stupid. 

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I think its ok for anyone to say whatever they want including the N word

as a matter of fact there are plenty of times the N word appears on twitter right now

So it isn't "leftist ideology" it's that you just want people to be able to say whatever.

Okay- so we can move past the "leftists ideology" leading to banning now. Good

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Good point, it's used constantly. Just another reason why his response was really focking stupid. 

People who don't know what the word "headline" means should sit this one out.

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

People who don't know what the word "headline" means should sit this one out.

So tired, aren't you the idiot who doesn't know what the word 'normal' means? Get back to me when you figure out that semantical conundrum.

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So it isn't "leftist ideology" it's that you just want people to be able to say whatever.

Okay- so we can move past the "leftists ideology" leading to banning now. Good

No I’m saying what they are banned for is a specific leftist ideology. Most people would be fine with a platform saying you can’t cuss you can’t use racist epitaphs. None of those are leftist. What is specifically is the fact that leftists and only leftists (and board centrists) think that men can be women 

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

No I’m saying what they are banned for is a specific leftist ideology. Most people would be fine with a platform saying you can’t cuss you can’t use racist epitaphs. None of those are leftist. What is specifically is the fact that leftists and only leftists (and board centrists) think that men can be women 

Which "board centrists" here think men can be women? You have a list?

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Stating a biological reality, can't be argued, and using a racist derogatory term, yup, same same.

The left never misses an opportunity to inject race. It's always on the mind of actual racists. It's a bummer, would be nice if we could move beyond that sort of thing but, the racists on the left will never let that happen. 

Just gonna leave this here 

On 9/26/2022 at 12:43 AM, iam90sbaby said:

Neo-Nazi like Swastikas and gas rooms or the lefts versions where she probably just loves her country and hates minorities?

On 9/26/2022 at 8:19 AM, Reality said:

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I guess you think suspended unless you suck a d1ck is good policy. Suspension is a ban if you refuse to bow down 

Eh, I wouldn’t really say deleting a tweet = sucking a d1ck, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Thank you for sharing those examples though (seriously, I wasn’t aware of those).  I think it’s interesting both of the examples were about trans people, an issue that the majority of people probably don’t even have a strong opinion on.  Nonetheless, I do agree that the Babylon Bee should not have been suspended for that, especially since they are a satire page.  Peterson’s was worse, I don’t think he was suspended just for “misgendering,” he also called the doctor a criminal (edit - speaking of which, I thought the argument here was you don’t care what adults do, just stay away from kids?)

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Eh, I wouldn’t really say deleting a tweet = sucking a d1ck, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Thank you for sharing those examples though (seriously, I wasn’t aware of those).  I think it’s interesting both of the examples were about trans people, an issue that the majority of people probably don’t even have a strong opinion on.  Nonetheless, I do agree that the Babylon Bee should not have been suspended for that, especially since they are a satire page.  Peterson’s was worse, I don’t think he was suspended just for “misgendering,” he also called the doctor a criminal (edit - speaking of which, I thought the argument here was you don’t care what adults do, just stay away from kids?)

I don’t care what adults do. I remember something about the doctor and him citing specifics as to why he called him that. However I can’t find it on my phone. Regardless he’s entitled to his opinion just like you are entitled to call trump hitler 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I don’t care what adults do. I remember something about the doctor and him citing specifics as to why he called him that. However I can’t find it on my phone. Regardless he’s entitled to his opinion just like you are entitled to call trump hitler 

Funny you mention Hitler

If you have $8 a month, Musk has now said that if you are “verified” that your tweets will be prioritized, and those who don’t pay will have their tweets pushed to the bottom where you will have to scroll a long way to see them.

Tell me how this is making the platform better for “free speech.” He said he was going to end the supposed class system on Twitter, but this LITERALLY creates a class system. Pay $100 a year or your speech will be hidden beneath the speech of those who DO pay.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dogcows said:

If you have $8 a month, Musk has now said that if you are “verified” that your tweets will be prioritized, and those who don’t pay will have their tweets pushed to the bottom where you will have to scroll a long way to see them.

Tell me how this is making the platform better for “free speech.” He said he was going to end the supposed class system on Twitter, but this LITERALLY creates a class system. Pay $100 a year or your speech will be hidden beneath the speech of those who DO pay.

Private company. That's all I've heard for years concerning Twitter and it's policies. Don't like it, don't use it. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Private company. That's all I've heard for years concerning Twitter and it's policies. Don't like it, don't use it. :dunno:

I support him doing whatever he wants, in the sense that it’s a free country and he owns Twitter. I’m just pointing out his false claims of free speech that many had been cheering. This is a classic rug pull.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dogcows said:

I support him doing whatever he wants, in the sense that it’s a free country and he owns it. I’m just pointing out his false claims of free speech that many had been cheering. This is a classic rug pull.

This

12 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I support him doing whatever he wants, in the sense that it’s a free country and he owns Twitter. I’m just pointing out his false claims of free speech that many had been cheering. This is a classic rug pull.

Umm it’s still free speech. This is like you complaining that you don’t get to be on cnn. Just cause your posts might not have as much visibility doesn’t make it not free speech 

33 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Is it? Because you said so? Of course it's still free speech, FYI, nobody was seeing your posts anyway.

You don't have any idea how any of this is going to play out. HTH

the MSM used to say things like "twitter calls out x about y".  ive noticed the MSM is shifting to "reddit calls out x for y."  looks like the plan could be to anoint reddit as the voice of the people, at least the parts run by the commies.

4 hours ago, dogcows said:

It's not really a a pulling of free speech other than in the very literal sense that you are paying to say certain things.

It is creating "commodified speech" though. 

4 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Umm it’s still free speech. This is like you complaining that you don’t get to be on cnn. Just cause your posts might not have as much visibility doesn’t make it not free speech 

Boiling it down to a single phrase “free speech” was an unwise oversimplification on my part.

Musk has said he would make it “as broadly inclusive as possible.” He decried the “lords and peasants” system of verified vs. unverified users.

If his $8 a month plan only removed ads and added features, I wouldn’t see a problem with that. My problem is that he is keeping the same “lords and peasants” system, but this time instead of it being well-known people, it’s people with $100 a year to spend on tweeting. A good system would treat all tweets on their popularity and content (and history of both), not on whether the person tweeting pays Elon.

9 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Wrong.  I work in big tech, we'd rather hire Americans.

"WE"? You're in charge???? :lol:🤡

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Boiling it down to a single phrase “free speech” was an unwise oversimplification on my part.

Musk has said he would make it “as broadly inclusive as possible.” He decried the “lords and peasants” system of verified vs. unverified users.

If his $8 a month plan only removed ads and added features, I wouldn’t see a problem with that. My problem is that he is keeping the same “lords and peasants” system, but this time instead of it being well-known people, it’s people with $100 a year to spend on tweeting. A good system would treat all tweets on their popularity and content (and history of both), not on whether the person tweeting pays Elon.

Something is wrong here, I agree with dogcows. Such a strange feeling.

Fock it.... I'm in.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yes, I hire people.

Where do you find the time?