Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like you always do. But just on one side. The other side rarely BS’s I guess. You’re a real truth seeker. 

I call out both sides’ BS.  HT = liar

On 11/3/2022 at 9:21 AM, TimHauck said:

It’s not, as I said.  But saying it’s for the good of the people is.

Why? That's his opinion and more importantly, his company. The only time I have been to twitter is when I see posts in news articles. And even if I scrolled down in twitter, I would always get a popup telling me I would have to sign up to view anymore of it. I never signed up for it. 

You may as well complain about a vegan restaurant not selling meat because that restaurant owner thinks meat is bad in one way or another. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like you always do. But just on one side. The other side rarely BS’s I guess. You’re a real truth seeker. 

Very rarely but I happened to notice that yesterday, he made a post acknowledging that the MSM painting Paul Pelosi's attacker as a Trump fan was bullsh*t.

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Why? That's his opinion and more importantly, his company. The only time I have been to twitter is when I see posts in news articles. And even if I scrolled down in twitter, I would always get a popup telling me I would have to sign up to view anymore of it. I never signed up for it. 

You may as well complain about a vegan restaurant not selling meat because they restaurant owner thinks meat is bad in one way or another. 

Listen dumbass, I never said I have an issue with how he runs his business (although I am skeptical the $8 thing will be good in the long run).  I’m saying it’s BS that he’s trying to spin it as being for the good of the people.

12 minutes ago, Reality said:

Here's the craziest part, you can just.... Not pay.

:Mind blown:

Seriously. If you want a roast beef sandwich for lunch, don't go to a vegan restaurant. :blink:

Just now, craftsman said:

Yeah. That's where I cut off reading your post. 

You quoted me and didn’t even address what I said.  Yes, you’re a dumbass, sorry Utilit but it’s true

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Very rarely but I happened to notice that yesterday, he made a post acknowledging that the MSM painting Paul Pelosi's attacker as a Trump fan was bullsh*t.

Rarely indeed. 

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You quoted me and didn’t even address what I said.  Yes, you’re a dumbass, sorry Utilit but it’s true

Oh boy, another liberal zinger. What a gotcha you have there. :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

TBF- Tim has disagreed with me on things also and apparently I'm a raging Bernie Sanders fan here according to people. Which is laughable considering there is zero chance I'd ever vote for Bernie Sanders

So Tim really is a centrist! I stand corrected. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So Tim really is a centrist! I stand corrected. Lol. 

When you’re far right, a centrist appears left 

Just now, TimHauck said:

Who’s “far” right? 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Leftists are a bunch of wolves poorly dressed up like sheep. 

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who’s “far” right? 

Everyone with sense. 

17 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think that anyone can just pay $8 and be verified.  You still have to meet the requirements and if you want the check then you pay for it.

This sounds like anyone can be “verified.”  But supposedly there will still be something else for “notable” people

21 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Hell when you're far right, being anything short of Glenn Beck is a centrist.

21 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who’s “far” right? 

Let's play the game this way:

Who do you think is far right here? Because there are some I'd argue. There are people like you who probably aren't but have no problem spouting the lines they throw out. 

But yeah- who do you think is far right here?

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Let's play the game this way:

Who do you think is far right here? Because there are some I'd argue. There are people like you who probably aren't but have no problem spouting the lines they throw out. 

But yeah- who do you think is far right here?

I asked first. And what “far right” lines do I throw out? 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I asked first. And what “far right” lines do I throw out? 

You didn't ask me. So I asked a new question. Now I know you will just continue to evade. But I'll give a name:

JustinCharge..

Now you. 

Also, you pretty much buy into every conspiracy theory. 

21 minutes ago, craftsman said:

When you are far left, a centrist seems to be far right to you liberrals.

I believe there are more "normal" liberals than stupid ones, but the stupid ones seem to have the loudest voices.

If you travel a bit, as i do, and meet the variety of people out there....then you really can see that these people we see and hear every day are all outliers, normal people believe normal things, and I think they are craving normal leadership.....

18 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Here’s a pretty fair assessment of the Twitter situation with Musk. The writer is more charitable to Elon than I would be, but it raises a lot of good points.

https://link.wired.com/view/5caac6eb2ddf9c3f307bfd62hm7eh.2jdn/b6fdc506

Yeah I’m not that surprised that they’re having huge layoffs, I am surprised they’re happening like a week into his ownership, seems a bit rushed.

22 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah I’m not that surprised that they’re having huge layoffs, I am surprised they’re happening like a week into his ownership, seems a bit rushed.

Twitter was already planning on massive layoffs, even if Musk didn't buy the company.  Reports were 25% of their workforce was being laid off.  Musk may have accelerated that process, and he may have gone a bit further than Twitter was going to do, but they were already preparing and planning on massive layoffs.

On 11/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who’s “far” right? 

Me

36 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

saw the news of the layoffs on CNN, which included this:

Several Twitter employees on Thursday night filed a class action lawsuit alleging that Twitter is in violation of the federal and California Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN Act) after laying off some employees already.

The WARN Act requires that an employer with more than 100 employees must provide 60 days’ advanced written notice prior to a mass layoff “affecting 50 or more employees at a single site of employment.”

“Elon Musk, the richest man in the world, has made clear that he believes complying with federal labor laws is ‘trivial,’” Attorney Shannon Liss-Riordan, who filed the lawsuit, said in a statement to CNN. “We have filed this federal complaint to ensure that Twitter be held accountable to our laws and to prevent Twitter employees from unknowingly signing away their rights.”

Now, he does have a lot of lawyers and money, so we'll have to see if this actually has teeth or not.

28 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Crypto would help this.

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

saw the news of the layoffs on CNN, which included this:

Now, he does have a lot of lawyers and money, so we'll have to see if this actually has teeth or not.

I saw that, it seems all he has to do is pay them for 60 days.  

Musk has a great sense of humor:

Hahaha cry more buddy. Everybody is running from your new and improved version of Twitter, but it’s not your fault - it’s the evil advertisers!

How did this guy become a billionaire again? Oh yeah, he was born on 3rd base, used that money to buy already successful companies... rinse and repeat. I think his luck just ran out with Twitter. How much of his Tesla stock will he have to sell to pay back the Saudis?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

Hahaha cry more buddy. Everybody is running from your new and improved version of Twitter, but it’s not your fault - it’s the evil advertisers!

How did this guy become a billionaire again? Oh yeah, he was born on 3rd base, used that money to buy already successful companies... rinse and repeat. I think his luck just ran out with Twitter. How much of his Tesla stock will he have to sell to pay back the Saudis?

And this begs the question again...why on earth did he buy twitter?

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

I think notifying people they’ve been laid off by e-mail is “extremely messed up” too, yet he didn’t tweet about that, although around the same time that news was coming out he was tweeting about how “small talk should be illegal.”  Talk about lack of perspective.

29 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Cash in hand at $54.20.  Thanks Elon!  

:first:

Great point here - the only true winners of this fiasco were existing Twitter stock holders. Chances are the stock was not gonna get anywhere close to $54 for the next few years. Which explains why they forced Musk to honor his original offer.

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

You didn't ask me. So I asked a new question. Now I know you will just continue to evade. But I'll give a name:

JustinCharge..

Now you. 

Also, you pretty much buy into every conspiracy theory. 

Justin? Really?  You go girl. What CT’s do I buy into, never mind all of them? You’re just throwing junk out there now. So dishonest.