BeenHereBefore

Anyone Own A Turtle ?

Leave the turtles alone. Not everything is meant to be a pet. 

I know someone who nursed healthily a baby turtle with broken shel to a humongous adult turtle size of a medium sized dog. 

My daughter found a baby turtle trying to cross a parking lot about 2 weeks ago. It was headed for a loading dock where trucks were surely going to smash it into a pancake.

We transported it to Lullwater Park. I put it near the edge of the water and it ran right in and started swimming like a pro. I will change my avatar so you can see him. We named him Prince Jason.

(I asked her to choose a name for him and she chose Jason. I said Jason was boring so she added Prince.)

• Like 1

Literally found a small baby turtle the other day on our back porch. Didn’t keep it but it was the first time we found one at our house 

My favorite kind of candy, with cashews. yuM!

I do not but years ago I stopped to carry a turtle across a relatively busy road and when I got home I started to think, maybe his buddy had called him from the ditch as he was crossing and as he turned I showed up.  

I may have cost that poor bastard like four hours of his life.

Also, I love me some BHB.  Those who do not, suck it.  Seriously.  Or start paying Mike to post here.

6 minutes ago, frank said:

I like turtles. 

Would it hurt your feelings if I told you that I think turtles really hate you on a personal level?

I cannot say that I know this as I cannot communicate with turtles my gut tells me that turtles hate you.

I have a little turtle who rears his little head about 45 minutes after I eat nachos.

Sometimes he blows stinky little kisses.

7 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Literally found a small baby turtle the other day on our back porch. Didn’t keep it but it was the first time we found one at our house 

How did a small baby turtle manage to climb onto your porch? :unsure: 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

One of them climbed into my soup at commander's Palace. He seemed pretty nervous, so I poured a little Sherry on him. He calmed right the hell down.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Very carefully 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I have a little turtle who rears his little head about 45 minutes after I eat nachos.

Sometimes he blows stinky little kisses.

Does it kinda hurt when you shove his head back in the shell?

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

This is another dood I like.

What was he expecting? Me to go out there and ask the turtle how tf he got on my porch? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

What was he expecting? Me to go out there and ask the turtle how tf he got on my porch? :lol: 

I just love the very carefully response.  

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I just love the very carefully response.  

I got that from my dad. He’s a smart ass like that himself :lol: 

4 hours ago, frank said:

I like turtles. 

my 1st thought as well

3 hours ago, MDC said:

It’s not like he said it flew to Dallas. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

In the past or now!

You like turtles?

4 hours ago, frank said:

I like turtles. 

6 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

my 1st thought as well

Dammit! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

I know someone who nursed healthily a baby turtle with broken shel to a humongous adult turtle size of a medium sized dog. 

That's a tortoise not a turtle. 

17 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

That's a tortoise not a turtle. 

He called him Isaac the Turtle. So I assumed turtle. I didn’t question him 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not like he said it flew to Dallas. 

:first: 

When I was a kid we caught turtles all the time at the lake where I lived and I went to the Turtle races every year.  I've got trophies!  

:first::first::first::first::first::first:

12 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

He called him Isaac the Turtle. So I assumed turtle. I didn’t question him 

Tortoises get huge. They live to like 80 years. 

Turtles not so much. Snapping Turtles can get pretty big but not medium dog size big. 

I did as a kid.  Caught him near a pond.  Spike the turtle lived in a big arse aquarium.  I’d catch crickets and put them in the aquarium and just watch the slow carnage. 

17 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

In the past or now!

RIGHT NOW-I've named them troubador and utilly. Both solid responders (unfortunately bitter most of the time for not being intelligent enough to post what I have-JEALOUSY) that ALWAYS have something negative to say...........they ARE turtles (that I OWN and "set traps" for them to make @$$eS of themselves-ALWAYS 100% DEPENDABLE for that) that ALWAYS slow down any intelligent conversation among us that actually KNOW FOOTBALL.......those two are just jealous little minions. My 2 frogs that I set up ALL the time for great laughs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I did as a kid.  Caught him near a pond.  Spike the turtle lived in a big arse aquarium.  I’d catch crickets and put them in the aquarium and just watch the slow carnage. 

Caught the one on a creek and other was given to me later and they just loved lettuce. Later I had Chameleon lizards I feed crickets and mill worms too and watch the horror show.

You can now see Prince Jason in my profile picture. He was the size of a silver dollar. 

My grandmother gave me a turtle neck one year for christmas.

I don't know if I was more disappointed in the fact that it wasn't a sweater, or the fact that my grandmother is a sadistic f***.

Somewhere out there, there's a poor turtle who looks like Mike Alstott. 

I pulled over once to avoid hitting one. 18 wheelers were behind me and knew he’d get smushed. I picked it up to throw back in the ditch, fawker pissed on me. I laughed.

I have had too many turtles to count. 

Two male Eastern Box Turtles I had would spot each other from far sides of the backyard, and charge each other at blindingly slow speeds. 😁

I waded out in a creek and caught a 12 pound common snapping turtle and kept him for years in a plastic 33 gallon garbage can. I had him out on the grass, washing the algae off his shell with a brush. He grabbed the brass end of the garden hose, and bit it completely flat in a split second.  The blue jays hated him, and would line up on the rim of his garbage can and scream at him. I would grab my single shot break-action pellet gun, and shot a jay in the back of the head. It would fall over in the water, and get completely eaten. 

I spotted an approximately 30 pound female common snapper about to fall off a dry lake spillway onto concrete. I ran over and saved her, and she was not grateful. I put her back in the lake.