KSB2424

Nothing on the Texas School shooting?

14 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It's amazing you even have to type things like that.  :doh:

Nobody here is against locked doors. :doh: 

44 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Video footage of her going in and out of a door she shouldn’t have been using? Oh, I believe that footage to be true. Now the question is when did she know it didn’t work? Or when did anyone else? Because if she thought it worked, she would have propped  it open. How else would she get back in? If she knew it didn’t work , and others also knew, then that’s a whole new aspect. So which is it? Also, I’ll be holding off on believing what those cops have to say for the time being. 

You are so lost on what you are even arguing at this point. 

Also, how do you know she is not supposed to be using that door? There is also no mention that a teacher would know it didn't work. 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Nobody here is against locked doors. :doh: 

Why would somebody be against a locked door?  Thanks Captain Obvious.

However it seems that several (not just one) Geeks seem to think a locked door does very little and is ust an afterthought when securing a premisis.  Just read the thread.  Which is assinine.  

"He would have got in anyway!@#!"   "It doesn't matter in the long run!@#!"

A locked door and a camera are the two main defenses in any security system.  If nothing else it buys you valuable time.  This is simplistic stuff.  Dear God.  

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You are so lost on what you are even arguing at this point. 

Also, how do you know she is not supposed to be using that door? There is also no mention that a teacher would know it didn't work. 

Oh, so you want people to think there are numerous, unmanned entrances to a school? Here we go again with the childish what if game.  Also, If she thought it worked, then how did she expect to get back in? Can you answer that simple question? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, so you want people to think there are numerous, unmanned entrances to a school? Here we go again with the childish what if game.  Also, If she thought it worked, then how did she expect to get back in? Can you answer that simple question? 

Considering this is at least the third time you've asked it, I'm guessing not. 

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

However it seems that several (not just one) Geeks seem to think a locked door does very little and is ust an afterthought when securing a premisis.  Just read the thread.  Which is assinine.  

Other Geeks think if the doors were locked the shooter would have gone home. Must be one of those windowless schools with bullet proof doors.

FFS. :doh:  

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Considering this is at least the third time you've asked it, I'm guessing not. 

It’s really quite simple. Hey, if the door was broke and it was reported, I don’t blame the teacher for using it. I’d have no issue with that at all. My issue then would be with the school cops for not making sure it was secured after it being reported to them.  But I don’t think that happened, but I’m open to the possibility. But it’s doubtful. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

JFC dude.   She probably thought it worked, hence why it was propped open initially.

And yes, many schools have "numerous, unmanned entrances."  Especially in the south a lot of classrooms have doors that open to the outside.

I found the worst take:

Tucker Carlson suggested that coronavirus pandemic lockdowns ― not guns ― were to blame for recent mass shootings in the U.S.

On Wednesday, the Fox News host tried to connect recent shooting massacres in Buffalo, New York and Uvalde, Texas, to one of his favorite targets: COVID-19 mitigation measures.

“Oh, so the lockdowns dramatically increase the incidence of mental illness among young people and in 10 days, we’ve seen two mass shootings by mentally ill young people. Could there be a connection?” he asked. “Now, that’s not finger-pointing. It’s not to blame [Dr. Anthony] Fauci for yesterday’s shooting. We’re not that low. We’re not Joe Biden. But if people are becoming mentally ill because they’re disconnected from others, what can we do to connect them to others and thereby reduce the incidence of mental illness? That’s a real conversation.”

:doh: 

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not opposed to 18 year olds having nothing more than a hunting rifle. I’m more concerned with  the lack of mental health institutions and the judges that won’t use that option.  Yeah, the kid was determined to get in there. But the longer it took the better. Locked doors delay. Maybe not deny, but they do delay.  

Agreed. 

But to make the door locked/unlocked the primary focal point is ridiculous - which is my point. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s really quite simple. Hey, if the door was broke and it was reported, I don’t blame the teacher for using it. I’d have no issue with that at all. My issue then would be with the school cops for not making sure it was secured after it being reported to them.  But I don’t think that happened, but I’m open to the possibility. But it’s doubtful. 

It seems that they didn't discover the door didn't lock until well after the shooting occurred.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

I found the worst take:

My favorite part of this post is how @MDC labels a Huffigton Post article link as "Tucker Carlson" in his link.  Just post your source for cyring out loud. 

6 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

My favorite part of this post is how @MDC labels a Huffigton Post article link as "Tucker Carlson" in his link.  Just post your source for cyring out loud. 

Here’s the actual link:

https://sports.yahoo.com/tucker-carlson-cooks-absurd-scapegoat-064908669.html

As you’ll see “Tucker Carlson” is a hyperlink in the very first sentence and I just copied it over. I heard the audio clip on a podcast and this was the first link a Google search brought up.

HTH

A former 

FBI agent has appeared on Fox Newssuggesting that parents and schools should invest in "ballistic blankets" and other equipment to keep their children safe.

Maureen O'Connell's comments followed the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, south Texas. Twenty-one people—19 children and two adults—were killed in the attack on Tuesday. The gunman, identified as 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, was later shot and killed by law enforcement.

O'Connell told Fox's Special Report host Bret Baier: "This is just beyond shocking. I would like to see a national push. Instead of parents buying their kids all these tools and toys and games, invest in the classroom to make it safer.

"There are companies out there that will do that, they will come out and do threat assessment of the whole school. They will say, 'This is an area of vulnerability you might want to address and this is how we would address it.'"

Best of Newsweek via email

A video of O'Connell's comments has gone viral on Twitter, with close to 250,000 views.

She went on to suggest what schools could do to help keep children safe during an active shooter situation.

"They have blankets you can put up on the wall that are colorful and beautiful, but they are ballistic blankets. There are ways to obscure the classroom windows so that the shooter can't have target acquisition.

"There are just a million tools out there and we have been banging this drum for years. Let's start investing in our kids and the safety of our children."

FFS :doh: 

Link

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Firstly- As to "numerous unmanned entrances" yes- there is usually 1 security guard in a school and they man the main entrance to the building because that is the only door that should be accessible to the general public and usually you have to be buzzed in to use it. 

As to the rest- Teachers have keys to doors. Doors open with keys. However, it seems like she was carrying stuff back into the building in which case it would be super inconvenient to have to fish for a key. So she propped the door open so it would be easier to reenter without digging for her key.

In that process of returning to the building- she heard the crash, went back in and grabbed her phone, went outside to check and heard "He has a gun" then shots. Then she saw the guy coming towards the school so she kicked the rock out and shut the door. Security footage and the cops confirm that she shut the door and it was not propped open. 

The lock not working is a different issue. As to your whole argument of "Well she should've checked the door." I can't believe at 50+ you have to be explained this but- doors that lock from the outside, can still be opened from the inside. For her to check that the door was locked she would have had to shut the door, then try it from the outside, then unlock the door to reenter the building. 

This is like the 5th time this has been explained to you. Stop doubling down. Stop saying inane things and move the F on. 

Teachers have keys to doors. Doors open with keys. However, it seems like she was carrying stuff back into the building in which case it would be super inconvenient to have to fish for a key. So she propped the door open so it would be easier to reenter without digging for her key.

In that process of returning to the building- she heard the crash, went back in and grabbed her phone, went outside to check and heard "He has a gun" then shots. Then she saw the guy coming towards the school so she kicked the rock out and shut the door. Security footage and the cops confirm that she shut the door and it was not propped open. 

The lock not working is a different issue. As to your whole argument of "Well she should've checked the door." I can't believe at 50+ you have to be explained this but- doors that lock from the outside, can still be opened from the inside. For her to check that the door was locked she would have had to shut the door, then try it from the outside, then unlock the door to reenter the building. 

This is like the 5th time this has been explained to you. Stop doubling down. Stop saying inane things and move the F on. 

Talk about reaching....:lol:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Teachers have keys to doors. Doors open with keys. However, it seems like she was carrying stuff back into the building in which case it would be super inconvenient to have to fish for a key. So she propped the door open so it would be easier to reenter without digging for her key.

You didn’t explain shite. But thanks for your take. 

9 hours ago, MDC said:

I found the worst take:

Republican representative Billy Long from Missouri says "Hold my beer"

Rep. Billy Long (R-MO) pinned at least some of the blame for school shootings on abortion.

Appearing on 93.9 The Eagle in Columbia, Missouri on Wednesday, Long reacted to last week’s mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, where a gunman killed 19 students and two teachers.

In the wake of that massacre, as well as a racially-motivated killing spree less than two weeks prior, some are calling for increased restrictions on certain firearms.

Long reacted to the killings by saying abortion has contributed to the mindset that leads to mass shootings.

Host Branden Rathert began the interview by asking Long, “Is there any appetite in D.C. amongst Republicans to look at doing some things differently as it relates to guns, Congressman?”

“When I was growing up in Springfield, you had one or two murders a year,” he said. “Now, we have two, three, four a week in Springfield, Missouri. So, something has happened to our society. I go back to abortion, when we decided it was ok to murder kids in their mothers’ wombs. Life has no value to a lot of these folks.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You didn’t explain shite. But thanks for your take. 

I did explain it. You are just determined to die on this hill that rocks disengage door locks which is silly. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I did explain it. You are just determined to die on this hill that rocks disengage door locks which is silly. 

No I’m not. I have laid out other, much more plausible scenarios than your take. But this fits in the “some kids can’t get condoms so abortion should be legal” nonsense from the other thread. Carry on. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

For her to check that the door was locked she would have had to shut the door, then try it from the outside, then unlock the door to reenter the building. 

NO.  You push the door, without engaging the locking mechanism, to see if the latch actually latched.  Idiot.  Bwahahahah

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No I’m not. I have laid out other, much more plausible scenarios than your take. But this fits in the “some kids can’t get condoms so abortion should be legal” nonsense from the other thread. Carry on. 

Enjoy your death on the hill man.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

NO.  You push the door, without engaging the locking mechanism, to see if the latch actually latched.  Idiot.  Bwahahahah

You can enjoy the hill with HT. Fooking moron. 

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Enjoy your death on the hill man.

You can enjoy the hill with HT. Fooking moron. 

Not dying on any hill bud.  Just pointing out your absurd comment on how to check a door.  Bwahahahahaah

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Not dying on any hill bud.  Just pointing out your absurd comment on how to check a door.  Bwahahahahaah

And if she accidentally pushes too far and it does disengage the lock you and HT would be sitting here castigating her for opening the door. 

People can't win while you two dance on Death Hill. 

• Confused 1

And if she accidentally pushes too far and it does disengage the lock you and HT would be sitting here castigating her for opening the door. 

People can't win while you two dance on Death Hill. 

So you were incorrect in your ONLY WAY TO CHECK THE LOCK bullshit comment.  Just stop exaggerating and all will be cool.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

So you were incorrect in your ONLY WAY TO CHECK THE LOCK bullshit comment.  Just stop exaggerating and all will be cool.

Not exaggerating. You are just being an obtuse arse. 

Do you prefer "Death Hill" or "Hill of Death"?

44 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Umm... That would just prove that the door is latched, not actually locked.  How the hell is this still a topic being argued over?  It's like a d1ck measuring contest and you're all working with below average size.

11 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

"He would have got in anyway!@#!"   "It doesn't matter in the long run!@#!"

A locked door and a camera are the two main defenses in any security system.  If nothing else it buys you valuable time.  This is simplistic stuff.  Dear God.  

People on the left are so far gone that you can no longer have common sense discussions with them. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Umm... That would just prove that the door is latched, not actually locked.  How the hell is this still a topic being argued over?  It's like a d1ck measuring contest and you're all working with below average size.

Shh...He doesn't want to hear this because it conflicts with his reality.

And I'm done. That's why I've now come to just calling it "Death Hill" for them.

And I'm at least average size. 

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

People on the left are so far gone that you can no longer have common sense discussions with them. 

Neither side is using any common sense from what I've seen.  Bunch of idiots arguing over little crap like an old couple bickering.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven't read anything about this specific door or what the teacher did/didn't do, but are you saying there was a supplemental lock in addition to the latch on the panic bar?

Just now, Fireballer said:

I haven't read anything about this specific door or what the teacher did/didn't do, but are you saying there was a supplemental lock in addition to the latch on the panic bar?

Sounds like he was saying to just push the door and nothing else to see if it would open.  If it opens then the latch did not catch but still doesn't prove if the door lock worked.  Sometimes door frames can shift with the changing of temps here in the Midwest and latches will not always catch when the door shuts on it's own.  So, if the door is locked it wouldn't do any good because the latch did not catch.  The back door to my business can be that way and I have to pull it shut every time and make sure it's latched and locked.  Took a while to figure that out though.

Regardless of any of this door crap, there are more important things than this.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Neither side is using any common sense from what I've seen.  Bunch of idiots arguing over little crap like an old couple bickering.

Locked doors are part of the measures put in place to prevent, or at least slow down, these types of attacks. Everybody should want to discuss all angles of what the breakdowns were.  Ya know, to be better going forward. 

Future measures could be raising the age to purchase firearms among many other options, we also need to ensure that people are following procedures like locking doors. I'm not sure why anybody has an issue discussing all angles. It's almost like they aren't really interested in solving these issues.

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Locked doors are part of the measures put in place to prevent, or at least slow down, these types of attacks. Everybody should want to discuss all angles of what the breakdowns were.  Ya know, to be better going forward. 

Future measures could be raising the age to purchase firearms among many other options, we also need to ensure that people are following procedures like locking doors. I'm not sure why anybody has an issue discussing all angles. It's almost like they aren't really interested in solving these issues.

There’s actually no debate at all on the value of locking doors. I think our point of disagreement is whether this specific door being locked or unlocked was critical to this shooting happening or if it warranted an entire day’s worth of discussion. 

Since you’re interested in common sense debate. ;) 

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

Every single person is in agreement with the importance of locked doors.  I see the argument here being who to place blame on and certain people want to place it on the teacher because they have a strong bias against them.  The rest think it was just an accident or door failure.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Every single person is in agreement with the importance of locked doors.  I see the argument here being who to place blame on and certain people want to place it on the teacher because they have a strong bias against them.  The rest think it was just an accident or door failure.

Multiple places to assign blame, all should be discussed.

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Yet the majority of the focus here is on one thing.

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Except if the door was closed, no blame should be on the teacher.

It's real simple:

If the door was propped open then lots of blame is on the teacher. The cops have confirmed that the door was not propped open at the time of entry, and security footage confirms this.

If the door was shut but not locked that is on either the school facilities director or a custodian for not fixing the door lock or the school facilities committee for not getting it fixed ASAP. Considering that there was another door with a malfunctioning locking mechanism it seems like this might be the issue.