KSB2424

Nothing on the Texas School shooting?

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's real simple:

If the door was propped open then lots of blame is on the teacher. The cops have confirmed that the door was not propped open at the time of entry, and security footage confirms this.

If the door was shut but not locked that is on either the school facilities director or a custodian for not fixing the door lock or the school facilities committee for not getting it fixed ASAP. Considering that there was another door with a malfunctioning locking mechanism it seems like this might be the issue. 

To me, this is the most logical and common sense way of thinking about it.

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Considering that there was another door with a malfunctioning locking mechanism

there was?

They should have brought in Amber Turd to put a dookie on the classroom floor.

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s really quite simple. Hey, if the door was broke and it was reported, I don’t blame the teacher for using it. I’d have no issue with that at all. My issue then would be with the school cops for not making sure it was secured after it being reported to them.  But I don’t think that happened, but I’m open to the possibility. But it’s doubtful. 

Glad to see you agree, Mooney. 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:38 AM, Sean Mooney said:

Talk about not reading.

The teacher was bringing food into the school. Maybe a snack for her kids. Maybe something for a teacher lunch after school (it was the 2nd to last day). She propped the door open to bring that food into the building. She heard the wreck at the funeral home as she was going in. Grabbed her phone, walked back outside and heard someone yell "He has a gun" and heard shots. She then went back in the building and shut the door behind her kicking out the rock. This is also shown on surveillance video. There is also an additional report that another door in the building had a non functioning locking mechanism. 

And a "shelter in place" call is not instantaneous. 

Why are you taking about rocks so much in a joking matter? You must have said ten times she put a rock in the door. Stfu clown. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why are you taking about rocks so much in a joking matter? You must have said ten times she put a rock in the door. Stfu clown. 

Do you prefer "Hill of Death" or "Death Hill"?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Do you prefer "Hill of Death" or "Death Hill"?

Hey, if you’re not going to do any work today, again, why don’t you make yourself useful and go make sure all the doors at your school are locked? There has been a rash of mass shootings and there might be copycats out there. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Neither side is using any common sense from what I've seen.  Bunch of idiots arguing over little crap like an old couple bickering.

in the land of the eunuchs the micropenised is king.

I guess we will have to wait until they release the video.  I’d say that’s going to be a long wait. 

Now that we’ve covered the door issue I hope we can get back to universal background checks and an assault weapons ban. 👍🏻 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess we will have to wait until they release the video.  I’d say that’s going to be a long wait. 

And then you'll claim it was doctored

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

And then you'll claim it was doctored

Stop whining. Admit you weren't there and you know nothing of what happened in reality. 

Jeez, you keep saying you know the truth without knowing anything. Fauci anyone? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

Now that we’ve covered the door issue I hope we can get back to universal background checks and an assault weapons ban. 👍🏻 

Assault weapons ban???? That happened many moons ago. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act or Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) was a subsection of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, a United States federal law which included a prohibition on the manufacture for civilian use of certain semi-automatic firearms that were defined as assault weapons as well as certain ammunition magazines that were defined as large capacity.

The 10-year ban was passed by the U.S. Congress on August 25, 1994 and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on September 13, 1994.[1] The ban applied only to weapons manufactured after the date of the ban's enactment. It expired on September 13, 2004, in accordance with its sunset provision. Several constitutional challenges were filed against provisions of the ban, but all were rejected by the courts. There were multiple attempts to renew the ban, but none succeeded.

Also, fwiw - 
The scientific consensus among criminologists and other researchers is that the ban had little to no effect on overall criminal activity, firearm deaths, or the lethality of gun crimes. This contrasts with findings on other gun control legislation targeting handguns, such as mandatory waiting periods, which likely reduce overall gun deaths [2][3]. Studies have found that the overwhelming majority of gun crimes are committed with weapons which are not covered by the AWB, and that assault weapons are less likely to be used in homicides than other weapons. There is tentative evidence that the frequency of mass shootings may have slightly decreased while the ban was in effect, but research is inconclusive, with independent researchers finding conflicting results

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Stop whining. Admit you weren't there and you know nothing of what happened in reality. 

Jeez, you keep saying you know the truth without knowing anything. Fauci anyone? 

The video knows what happened.  Unless they're lying about what's on the video which would be incredibly stupid, it is confirmed that the door was not propped open.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Huh?

He's got nothing. He has lost this round (again) and now is just posting emojis. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

He's got nothing. He has lost this round (again) and now is just posting emojis. 

The only thing lost is the tax payers money that you took for doing nothing this week. Lazy Fock. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The only thing lost is the tax payers money that you took for doing nothing this week. Lazy Fock. 

Yawn emoji

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How does posting a link make me a clown?  You’re the clown that doesn’t back up literally any of your claims 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

How does posting a link make me a clown?  You’re the clown that doesn’t back up literally any of your claims 

HT is a stone cold loser. He has never argued anything in good faith and can never support his points.

I'm all for gun control.  I'm not going to get into the minutia of exactly what guns and ammo should be illegal to purchase but fair minds can find a line in the sand.  My brother has an AR-15 that I've fired a few times.  It's bad ass but, yeah, I wouldn't be against guns of that nature at being where the line is drawn.  I'm a gun owner but no where near an afficiando so will let the professionals make those calls.  There is an array of handguns, shotguns and rifles used for self defense, sport, hunting and yes arming a militia in the minute chance.

However when you hear people like Biden and Hillary talk about it they sound dumb as fock.  Beto talking about it makes me want to vomit. 

I'm defintely for raising the age to 21, no brainer to me.

And expanded background checks for all, including felonies and mental health screenings in those checks.

All for it, but I'm drawing a line there......watching the police stand down during riots and looting was the hair that broke the camels back on any thing more stringent.  So go pound sand.

Mental health screening.  Like anxiety?  So someone takes a SSRI and can’t buy a gun?  That’s the problem, drawing lines to be fair to everyone.  

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I'm all for gun control.  I'm not going to get into the minutia of exactly what guns and ammo should be illegal to purchase but fair minds can find a line in the sand.  My brother has an AR-15 that I've fired a few times.  It's bad ass but, yeah, I wouldn't be against guns of that nature at being where the line is drawn. 

GC says you need to be more specific or this argument is invalid

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Mental health screening.  Like anxiety?  So someone takes a SSRI and can’t buy a gun?

No, of course not.  Don't be silly.  But hospitalized schizophrenia and the like, yes.  Maybe it already is, just saying.

Rational minds can come to rational conclusions.  

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

No, of course not.  Don't be silly.  But hospitalized schizophrenia and the like, yes.  Maybe it already is, just saying.

Rational minds can come to rational conclusions.  

Fair.  
I just realize there will always be some group of people who feel they are being snubbed.

The simplest thing we can do- which won't solve everything but will help- is raise the federal age at which a person can buy a gun to something like 21 to 25. Most school shootings are done by people under 21 when they are not great at managing their mental health.

Now being that the average age of  amass shooter is 33 there will still be mass shootings but it would help keep the children safe. 

We probably need a clearer defined category of guns that are illegal to own but I know that will lead to a bunch of angst from groups of people

3 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Assault weapons ban???? That happened many moons ago. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act or Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) was a subsection of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, a United States federal law which included a prohibition on the manufacture for civilian use of certain semi-automatic firearms that were defined as assault weapons as well as certain ammunition magazines that were defined as large capacity.

The 10-year ban was passed by the U.S. Congress on August 25, 1994 and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on September 13, 1994.[1] The ban applied only to weapons manufactured after the date of the ban's enactment. It expired on September 13, 2004, in accordance with its sunset provision. Several constitutional challenges were filed against provisions of the ban, but all were rejected by the courts. There were multiple attempts to renew the ban, but none succeeded.

Also, fwiw - 
The scientific consensus among criminologists and other researchers is that the ban had little to no effect on overall criminal activity, firearm deaths, or the lethality of gun crimes. This contrasts with findings on other gun control legislation targeting handguns, such as mandatory waiting periods, which likely reduce overall gun deaths [2][3]. Studies have found that the overwhelming majority of gun crimes are committed with weapons which are not covered by the AWB, and that assault weapons are less likely to be used in homicides than other weapons. There is tentative evidence that the frequency of mass shootings may have slightly decreased while the ban was in effect, but research is inconclusive, with independent researchers finding conflicting results

The AWB grandfathered in AWs that were already in circulation, so you wouldn’t expect more than a slight decrease in mass shootings over a 10 year period. Mass shootings also more than doubled after the AWB expired. 

10 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Fair.  
I just realize there will always be some group of people who feel they are being snubbed.

Probably, but nothing is perfect.  Look if I had to pick a side it would be to legalize ALL guns if the only other option is to ban ALL guns.  With that said, common sense gun control can be done, hell I think we are pretty much three quarters the way there.  It's a hot button topic but it just seems like you get some smart people with knowledge of the subject in a room, come up with a plan and present it to both sides as a resolution.  They look at calibers, ballistic tests, rounds per minute, or whatever gun and ammo metric and draw some lines.  I don't know just spitballin'.   And yes I know you can all but make your own type of gun yourself thru modification, not to mention the advent of 3D Printing.  This is an ever evolving issue.

What I DO know is if you banned all guns, it would be really bad, like civil war bad.  It's just not feasible.  Not to mention you think, as an example the Bloods and Crips will be turning their stolen guns in?  :lol:  It sort of a silly, pie in the sky notion.  

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The simplest thing we can do- which won't solve everything but will help- is raise the federal age at which a person can buy a gun to something like 21 to 25. Most school shootings are done by people under 21 when they are not great at managing their mental health.

Now being that the average age of  amass shooter is 33 there will still be mass shootings but it would help keep the children safe. 

We probably need a clearer defined category of guns that are illegal to own but I know that will lead to a bunch of angst from groups of people

Raising the age from 18 to 21 is a no brainer and could be done tomorrow.  

9 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

That was a report from the police. 

Yeah, at this point, the cops been caught lying so many times that I wouldn't trust anything they're saying. Again, reminds me exactly of the Littleton School shooting.

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Raising the age from 18 to 21 is a no brainer and could be done tomorrow.  

Absolutely agree. 

See previous Avis comment. 

9 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

School shootings are definitely a newer thing. 

Yes, its seems since Columbine in what, 1998 is the Genesis.  

My parents in school had cold war, nuculear bomb drills in school.  My generation did not, all I remember is hurricane or tornado drills.  My kids have freaking active shooter in the school drills.  Crazy and defintley only the past 20 years thing. 

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Yes, its seems since Columbine in what, 1998 is the Genesis.  

My parents in school had cold war, nuculear bomb drills in school.  My generation did not, all I remember is hurricane or tornado drills.  My kids have freaking active shooter in the school drills.  Crazy and defintley only the past 20 years thing. 

I hope they practice closing and double checking the locked doors.