Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Oh you mean the act that created differences between investment and commercial banking? The same Glass Steagall act that the politician who proposed it tried to immediately repeal it in 1933. The same one that had all kinds of controversial court opinions that were put out and overturned in the 60's and 70's. The one that politicians had talked about repealing in the 80's under Reagan. The one that was replaced and that replacement created all kinds of debate as to whether it led to the housing bubble popping in 2007?

I'm familiar. I would have done a little more to assure that the adjustments didn't torpedo anything. 

And I am far more unbiased than you or utilit99. 

:lol: Coming from Tim Hauck. This is awesome watching you log in and out and back in under many names. 

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Oh you mean the act that created differences between investment and commercial banking? The same Glass Steagall act that the politician who proposed it tried to immediately repeal it in 1933. The same one that had all kinds of controversial court opinions that were put out and overturned in the 60's and 70's. The one that politicians had talked about repealing in the 80's under Reagan. The one that was replaced and that replacement created all kinds of debate as to whether it led to the housing bubble popping in 2007?

I'm familiar. I would have done a little more to assure that the adjustments didn't torpedo anything. 

And I am far more unbiased than you or utilit99. 

Well, it’s repeal is directly blamed for being the reason for the economic meltdown a few years later. So we can put that one down as a gigantic loss.well, not for his banker and Wall Street friends who returned the favor and made him rich.  Moving on, what do you think of his crime bill? 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, it’s repeal is directly blamed for being the reason for the economic meltdown a few years later. So we can put that one down as a gigantic loss.well, not for his banker and Wall Street friends who returned the favor and made him rich.  Moving on, what do you think of his crime bill? 

Some people blame it for the economic meltdown. Some economists say the bubble was going to burst regardless. For example, mortgage underwriting was not really affected by the bill.

The violent crime control act? The one that saw crime rates and violent acts by guns drop? It made being tough on crime a bipartisan issue but probably went a little overboard on certain aspects. The idea was the right one

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Some people blame it for the economic meltdown. Some economists say the bubble was going to burst regardless. For example, mortgage underwriting was not really affected by the bill.

The violent crime control act? The one that saw crime rates and violent acts by guns drop? It made being tough on crime a bipartisan issue but probably went a little overboard on certain aspects. The idea was the right one

Well, I personally loved his crime bill. Mostly because it worked. But he doesn’t like it anymore and his party certainly does not. Biden called it a failure. Gonna have to put that in the loss column, politically speaking.  0-2. How about NAFTA? Think that worked out? Clinton doesn’t.  I’ll jump the gun and say 0-3 on three of his biggest legislative actions. We can do foreign affairs now. We’ll start with Somalia. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, I personally loved his crime bill. Mostly because it worked. But he doesn’t like it anymore and his party certainly does not. Biden called it a failure. Gonna have to put that in the loss column, politically speaking.  0-2. How about NAFTA? Think that worked out? Clinton doesn’t.  I’ll jump the gun and say 0-3 on three of his biggest legislative actions. We can do foreign affairs now. We’ll start with Somalia. 

Something can be right in the moment and wrong later on. I think he still is for the concept of it though. 

NAFTA was agreed upon by HW Bush. Clinton signed it into law after adding two pieces to it. The House passed it 232-200 and 132 of the yes votes were Republicans. It passed the Senate with a 61-37 vote and 34 of the Yes votes were Republicans. Some economists have argued that the agreement helped save us losing more jobs to China in the 90's and 2000's 

Somalia was a mess but it did lead to them being more careful about troop usage through the rest of the decade.

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Something can be right in the moment and wrong later on. I think he still is for the concept of it though. 

NAFTA was agreed upon by HW Bush. Clinton signed it into law after adding two pieces to it. The House passed it 232-200 and 132 of the yes votes were Republicans. It passed the Senate with a 61-37 vote and 34 of the Yes votes were Republicans. Some economists have argued that the agreement helped save us losing more jobs to China in the 90's and 2000's 

Somalia was a mess but it did lead to them being more careful about troop usage through the rest of the decade.

Oh no, I expect the republicans of the 90’s to sell out the American worker. I didn’t expect the democratic president to do it. He doesn’t get off the hook. Again he sided with the banks and Wall Street. Nafta is on him and as he said (paraphrasing) “I trusted them”. I don’t think he’s that stupid. He knew it would gut American manufacturing. Funny he takes responsibility but you won’t hold him accountable.  At least he acknowledged his colossal Fock up in Somalia. Biden might take a page out of his book instead of bragging about Afghanistan.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh no, I expect the republicans of the 90’s to sell out the American worker. I didn’t expect the democratic president to do it. He doesn’t get off the hook. Again he sided with the banks and Wall Street. Nafta is on him and as he said (paraphrasing) “I trusted them”. I don’t think he’s that stupid. He knew it would gut American manufacturing. Funny he takes responsibility but you won’t hold him accountable.  At least he acknowledged his colossal Fock up in Somalia. Biden might take a page out of his book instead of bragging about Afghanistan.  

I said he added pieces to it. I said nothing about his accountability or anything like that. He owned pieces of that legislation and again- some economists argue that it helped not lose as many jobs as we otherwise would've. I dunno. 

On 8/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, Voltaire said:

Dunno where to post this. Could've made it's own thread but seems too minor.

There's a good chance that another of the ten pro-impeachment Republicans that initially looked like they prevailed on August 2nd, gets tossed aside in the primaries after all. That'd be Jaime Herrera-Beutler in Washington. 

As more and more late breaking ballots are going Joe Kent's way, her initial lead has been cut from ~5000 to 247. Counting has to be finished by August 16 and it's so close a recount will likely result one way or the other, by whoever finishes in third (Washington is an open primary state, the Dem candidate came in first with 31%. Also voting there is conducted by mail which accounts for the maddeningly slow results).

https://www.opb.org/article/2022/08/06/southwest-washington-congressional-primaries-joe-kent-herrera-beutler/

Looks like another of the ten pro-impeachment Republican is on the outs after all. Early results on August 2nd looked like JHB had weathered the storm but at this point, her 5000 vote lead has evaporated completely, Joe Kent has officially taken over the lead and is now up 960 votes.

https://mynorthwest.com/3589687/joe-kent-jaime-herrera-beutler-wa-3rd-congressional-district/

13 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Looks like another of the ten pro-impeachment Republican is on the outs after all. Early results on August 2nd looked like JHB had weathered the storm but at this point, her 5000 vote lead has evaporated completely, Joe Kent has officially taken over the lead and is now up 960 votes.

https://mynorthwest.com/3589687/joe-kent-jaime-herrera-beutler-wa-3rd-congressional-district/

VOTER FRAUD!!!   :mad:

Joe Kent is a good man. He’s on Tucker a lot. 

For the midterms, I would love to have the democratic candidates all be winning at midnight on the day after poles close, just to wake up 5 hours later and find out they all lost due to a boat load of ballots coming in while the country is asleep.

That would be most triumphant. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Voltaire said:

https://mynorthwest.com/3591098/incumbent-congresswoman-jaime-herrera-beutler-concedes-joe-kent-wa-primary/

Down she goes; JHB has conceded the race.

7 of 9 (a number of Star Trek significance) are gone and next Tuesday will decide the fate of the tenth: Liz Cheney. Only Valadao of California and Newhouse of Washington survived their primaries.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

https://mynorthwest.com/3591098/incumbent-congresswoman-jaime-herrera-beutler-concedes-joe-kent-wa-primary/

Down she goes; JHB has conceded the race.

7 of 9 (a number of Star Trek significance) are gone and next Tuesday will decide the fate of the tenth: Liz Cheney. Only Valadao of California and Newhouse of Washington survived their primaries.

Mmmmm.....

No way??   The dems carefully orchestrated and professionally produced made-for-TV special fell flat on its face?    I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

40 minutes ago, Masshole said:

No way??   The dems carefully orchestrated and professionally produced made-for-TV special fell flat on its face?    I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

Shocking that people that refuse to watch the hearings feel the same as they did before! What a scoop!

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Shocking that people that refuse to watch the hearings feel the same as they did before! What a scoop!

"The people have failed us again.   It couldn't possibly have anything to do with what we are doing and how we are doing it". 

Definitely, that's it.   Just keep telling yourself that.      

16 minutes ago, Fnord said:

One could just watch Joy Reid and get the same garbage in less time.

32 minutes ago, Fnord said:

It could be noted that the same observation also applies to people who watched the hearings.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

I bet you were glued to the TV for the Benghazi hearings. Another phony. 

• Thanks 1

Jamie Raskin - outspoken member of the Jan 6th committee, claiming that the 2000 election was fraudulently awarded to W Bush.     NBD right?    It's OK to question the integrity of elections, right?    Was Raskin hauled in front of any committees or inquiries over this by the republicans?    

2 hours ago, Masshole said:

Jamie Raskin - outspoken member of the Jan 6th committee, claiming that the 2000 election was fraudulently awarded to W Bush.     NBD right?    It's OK to question the integrity of elections, right?    Was Raskin hauled in front of any committees or inquiries over this by the republicans?    

They act like they took 2016 in stride and just got on with business. 

Former Virginia election official indicted on corruption charges

The Virginia Attorney General's Office said Michele White faces three corruption charges but did not outline specifics of the alleged crimes

The charges are corrupt conduct as an election official and willful neglect of duty as an election official between Aug. 1 and Dec. 31, 2020 and a false statement by an election official between Nov. 3 and Nov. 10, 2020. Miyares' office declined to comment to Fox News. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-virginia-election-official-indicted-on-corruption-charges

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Former Virginia election official indicted on corruption charges

The Virginia Attorney General's Office said Michele White faces three corruption charges but did not outline specifics of the alleged crimes

https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-virginia-election-official-indicted-on-corruption-charges

Still not widespread. 

It was NBD someone saying that in 2003 because people rightfully laughed at the stupidity of it all.

In 2022 we have people going "Ohmahgerd! Trump is our master and he was cheated." 

The dopiness of the claim hasn't changed. The dopiness of the people who buy into it has. And 24/7 and punditry are far more ubiquitous 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

It was NBD someone saying that in 2003 because people rightfully laughed at the stupidity of it all.

In 2022 we have people going "Ohmahgerd! Trump is our master and he was cheated." 

The dopiness of the claim hasn't changed. The dopiness of the people who buy into it has. And 24/7 and punditry are far more ubiquitous 

Lol

Is this still a thing?  I thought the finally gave up on this charade.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Typical Libtard. I don’t think anyone thinks Trump is their master. I’ll say it again liberal idiots, it’s more about you than it is about him. You brought Trump about. Trump is a reaction. Instead of downplaying the absurdity of what the left has become, like all you “centrists” do, you would have been better off calling it out. Instead you went the OMB route. Look in the mirror. Clean your own house. Couldn’t even bring themselves to condemn widespread rioting and violence.  Why would anyone listen to you after that? 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

no they were still casting for season 2, probably start filming around Oct 1

Fall sweeps. Who’s the show runner this season? 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Typical Libtard. I don’t think anyone thinks Trump is their master. I’ll say it again liberal idiots, it’s more about you than it is about him. You brought Trump about. Trump is a reaction. Instead of downplaying the absurdity of what the left has become, like all you “centrists” do, you would have been better off calling it out. Instead you went the OMB route. Look in the mirror. Clean your own house. Couldn’t even bring themselves to condemn widespread rioting and violence.  Why would anyone listen to you after that? 

This is hilarious. When Hillary lost in 2016, Democrats kicked her to the curb, regrouped, won 2018 midterms, then won in 2020. Meanwhile, Republicans still refuse to let go of Trump, 2 years after his loss. And we see the results for them: they are losing Senate races they would have won with non-Trumpian candidates.

The exact thing you’re accusing liberals of, the right is doing to a MUCH higher degree. Ignoring polls, ignoring the unpopularity of Trump, and sticking to him because “the base” likes him. Maybe the GOP will wake up when they don’t get their 2022 red wave, or perhaps they will figure it out when Trump runs in 2024 and gets creamed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dogcows said:

This is hilarious. When Hillary lost in 2016, Democrats kicked her to the curb, regrouped, won 2018 midterms, then won in 2020. Meanwhile, Republicans still refuse to let go of Trump, 2 years after his loss. And we see the results for them: they are losing Senate races they would have won with non-Trumpian candidates.

The exact thing you’re accusing liberals of, the right is doing to a MUCH higher degree. Ignoring polls, ignoring the unpopularity of Trump, and sticking to him because “the base” likes him. Maybe the GOP will wake up when they don’t get their 2022 red wave, or perhaps they will figure it out when Trump runs in 2024 and gets creamed.

Republicans refuse to let go of Trump? :lol:

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

Republicans refuse to let go of Trump? :lol:

Dr Oz, JD Vance, Herschel Walker... these are just 3 Trump-backed Senate candidates in states where you’d expect easy GOP wins in 2022. Instead, they are polling quite poorly. And Trump is ahead of DeSantis in polls of Republicans for a 2024 run. I don’t know where you live, but I see plenty of Trump flags in people’s yards still. The GOP is obsessed with the guy, and it’s gonna lead to another Democrat win in 2024.

Deny it all you want, but when Republicans fail to re-take the Senate, their obsession with Trump will be the #1 factor.

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Dr Oz, JD Vance, Herschel Walker... these are just 3 Trump-backed Senate candidates in states where you’d expect easy GOP wins in 2022. Instead, they are polling quite poorly. And Trump is ahead of DeSantis in polls of Republicans for a 2024 run. I don’t know where you live, but I see plenty of Trump flags in people’s yards still. The GOP is obsessed with the guy, and it’s gonna lead to another Democrat win in 2024.

Deny it all you want, but when Republicans fail to re-take the Senate, their obsession with Trump will be the #1 factor.

Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Liz Cheney, Hillary Clinton, etc, and the whole of the DOJ.....These are just a few of those attacking Trump for the past 7 years and aren't relenting.

I don't know where you live but everywhere where I live there are BLM signs, Joe Biden signs, still in their yards. The liberal democrats are obsessed with the guy and it shows on a daily basis in the news and in the DOJ reports.

Did you see Biden's speech and how the "MAGArepublicans" are facists? This was just a couple days back.

Get over your stupid argument and accept the truth of the matter.   

23 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Fetterman keeps running ads about how Dr. Oz doesn’t even live in PA. Lol

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

This guy. Yeah, you clowns moved on after 2016. Sure. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

MDC level stupidity. That's a liberal for you I guess. 

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

Did you see Biden's speech and how the "MAGArepublicans" are facists? This was just a couple days back.

Yep - funny how telling the truth led to epic levels of whining and crying from the Trump-lovers. It was great. Even better? They are so butt-hurt that they’re doubling down on supporting him, meaning the party will be even less popular in the next election.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Scoreboard.

28 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Yep - funny how telling the truth led to epic levels of whining and crying from the Trump-lovers. It was great. Even better? They are so butt-hurt that they’re doubling down on supporting him, meaning the party will be even less popular in the next election.

Sounds like the liberal Biden was crying. 

Plus, here is the whole of my comment to you.

Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Liz Cheney, Hillary Clinton, etc, and the whole of the DOJ.....These are just a few of those attacking Trump for the past 7 years and aren't relenting.

I don't know where you live but everywhere where I live there are BLM signs, Joe Biden signs, still in their yards. The liberal democrats are obsessed with the guy and it shows on a daily basis in the news and in the DOJ reports.

Get over your stupid argument and accept the truth of the matter.