wiffleball

James Caan Dead

Dammit. 

His kid is literally the spitting image of him.

Even his voice.

Really liked James caan in that cheesy TV series Las vegas. He was really good in that role. And the gorgeous broads didn't hurt either.

James Caan also had a great bit part in Wes Anderson's Bottle Rocket!

:thumbsup:

😔

Dang......I always liked him, but he made a good bad guy much like Ray Liotta 

RIP

Either he caan or get caan't

I think this scene every time I come up to a toll booth.

If only Sonny had e-zpass....

Spin off, can we just agree that Old Marlon Brando was arguably one of the worst parts of that movie? Or at least, damn near completely unnecessary? 

I don't know why people think he was such a great actor. Does absolutely nothing for me in every movie I've ever seen him in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

I always enjoyed the movie Rollerball.  :thumbsup:

Awesome movie!  Spoiler below if you haven't seen it.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Spin off, can we just agree that Old Marlon Brando was arguably one of the worst parts of that movie? Or at least, damn near completely unnecessary? 

I don't know why people think he was such a great actor. Does absolutely nothing for me in every movie I've ever seen him in.

Seriously? I thought he was great in the Godfather:

But you know what? I've never liked him in anything else. I think I agree with you. I never saw what others saw in him. But it may be because we were born much later and didn't appreciate his natural style of acting. I think other actors copied his way of acting more like a real person. So when we started watching, maybe his acting seem lame but in fact, he transformed acting. 

So here's something interesting that only Wiffleball would point out; In virtually every other death scene in The godfather series, oranges are involved. Google it. You'll see that I'm right. Jimmy Cann's last scene? No oranges.

And I don't think anybody has ever mentioned, noted that.

Think about Marlon Brando's last scene.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

So here's something interesting that only Wiffleball would point out; In virtually every other death scene in The godfather series, oranges are involved. Google it. You'll see that I'm right. Jimmy Cann's last scene? No oranges.

And I don't think anybody has ever mentioned, noted that.

Think about Marlon Brando's last scene.

The orange thing is a myth. 

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The orange thing is a myth. 

God damn. How many times can you be wrong. No it's not.

14 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

God damn. How many times can you be wrong. No it's not.

Yeah? No oranges when Michael kills Sollazo and the police captain.  No oranges when Carlo gets killed. There’s about 10 guys that get killed in the baptism scene. No oranges. Facial. Today all family business is settled. 

Quality actor, RIP

On 7/7/2022 at 3:36 PM, wiffleball said:

Brando was a strange dude and his part in Godfather was probably over-rated simply due to his fame.

However, I watch a lot of old black-and-white movies and have to give Brando some acting credit. All the actors in those old 40's and 50's movies were corny as hell. You know what I mean. Nothing natural about them - they acted fake and sounded fake, which I guess was how actors were taught to do it. Even the "greats" were corny - Edward G. Robinson, Bogart, James Stewart, etc. But not Brando. He was the only one acting 100% natural and totally believable.

It wasn't until the early-mid 1960's that you notice a huge change in how actors performed and went to a more realistic approach. Prior to that, all corn-ball.  Except Brando.

Probably a fair point. A lot of the earlier actors were trying to use their Broadway skills for film. And just did not translate well.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, MDC said:

Elf is an orphan again. :( 

Chick at work - late 30’s. Was like James who ? She looked up his IMDB and said Oh you mean Elf’s father !!!

I didn’t know what that meant. 

42 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Probably a fair point. A lot of the earlier actors were trying to use their Broadway skills for film. And just did not translate well.

Going to let the orange thing go ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Going to let the orange thing go ?

There was an orange in the glove compartment.

• Haha 1

Just now, wiffleball said:

There was an orange in the glove compartment.

Any other internet hoaxes you want to tell us about? 

How many times is Brian Piccolo going to die?! :dunno: