Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

DOJ Believes Trump is Still Withholding Sensitive Documents — DOOMSDAY (for Trump)

A top Justice Department official told former President Donald J. Trump’s lawyers in recent weeks that the department believed he had not returned all the documents he took when he left the White House, according to two people briefed on the matter.

The outreach from the official, Jay I. Bratt, who leads the department’s counterintelligence operations, is the most concrete indication yet that investigators remain skeptical that Mr. Trump has been fully cooperative in their efforts to recover documents the former president was supposed to have turned over to the National Archives at the end of his term.

It is not clear what steps the Justice Department might take to retrieve any material it thinks Mr. Trump still holds.

And it is not known whether the Justice Department has gathered new evidence that Mr. Trump has held onto government material even after the court-authorized search in August of his private club and residence in Florida, Mar-a-Lago, and 18 months of previous efforts by the federal government to convince the former president to return what he had taken on leaving office.

The government has found more than 300 classified documents in material that had been kept at Mar-a-Lago, including some marked as containing the most sensitive information that would cross the president’s desk.

But the Justice Department has previously signaled doubts that Mr. Trump had turned over everything in his possession. Shortly after the search in August, it was revealed that federal investigators had found dozens of empty foldersat Mar-a-Lago marked as containing classified information. The disclosure raised further questions about whether the Justice Department had indeed recovered all the classified materials that may have been taken out of the White House.

The empty folders were found during the search of Mar-a-Lago along with 40 other empty folders that said they contained sensitive documents that should be returned “to staff secretary/military aide,” according to a court filing. Agents found the empty folders along with seven documents marked as “top secret” in Mr. Trump’s office. Investigators also found 11 more marked as “top secret” in a storage room.

Leave Trump Alone!!!! 😭😭😭

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I loved Dog Soldiers and the Descent. I was so psyched for this movie and it SUCKED. 

• Sad 1

This is big time stuff. I wonder what will happen now? 

41 minutes ago, MDC said:

I loved Dog Soldiers and the Descent. I was so psyched for this movie and it SUCKED. 

The Descent was quite good :thumbsup:

Never heard of Dog Soldiers but I’ll check it out :banana:

25 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

The Descent was quite good :thumbsup:

Never heard of Dog Soldiers but I’ll check it out :banana:

I think it was Neil Marshall’s first movie - it’s great.

• Sad 1

More information about Trump’s plans for the classified documents has come to light.

Instead of returning the classified materials he’d taken to Mar-a-Lago from the White House, Donald Trump allegedly wanted to trade them for documents showing the FBI investigated his 2016 campaign ties to Russia, according to reporting from The New York Times. For more than a year, National Archives officials hounded the former president’s aides and attorneys to return the boxes. Trump insisted they contained nothing important, some just had dirty laundry. But after more pushing from his team, Trump pitched a deal: give the government back its files in exchange for proof that the FBI’s Russia investigation was a “hoax,” the Times reported. His aides knew the idea would be a “non-starter” and never acted on it. After one of Trump’s attorneys warned him he could face serious consequences if he did not return the classified documents, the former president, who kept insisting the “boxes were ‘mine,’” began going through them last December, the Times said. The news is the latest in the ongoing saga, which has sparked a Justice Department investigation into Trump's handling of the classified material. Federal investigators still believe he is withholding government documents, the Times reported earlier this week.

So, he thought he could hold onto documents that belonged to the government, not to him personally, and use them as ransom for the FBI to say they wronged him in 2016. I guess he didn’t consider that the FBI could legally show up and just take them.

55 minutes ago, dogcows said:

More information about Trump’s plans for the classified documents has come to light.

So, he thought he could hold onto documents that belonged to the government, not to him personally, and use them as ransom for the FBI to say they wronged him in 2016. I guess he didn’t consider that the FBI could legally show up and just take them.

Yep. Your link said so. 

6 hours ago, dogcows said:

It was obviously for blackmail purposes. Well either that or to sell them, but I don’t think he’s that hard up (yet)

• Like 1

I see the same crack team from the geek club that was working on the Russia hoax has been assembled again. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I see the same crack team from the geek club that was working on the Russia hoax has been assembled again. 

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from hoaxes like, Russian collusion, pee-pee tape, This is maga country, Trump didn't take C19 seriously, Jan 6th, Hunters laptop isn't real, Biden didn't shower with his daughter, and the Bidens are upstanding citizans.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from hoaxes like, Russian collusion, pee-pee tape, This is maga country, Trump didn't take C19 seriously, Jan 6th, Hunters laptop isn't real, Biden didn't shower with his daughter, and the Bidens are upstanding citizans.

😂

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

You don't realize how big this is. We've fukking got him this time!

Think of it. Pelosi is 7 years older since she started spending all her time and energy trying to Get Trump!!!

That is going to literally be half of the remaining years of her life from at that point she started. What a waste of living. Full of hatred that just consumes her final years of life.

This is big stuff. Our national security hangs in the balance. I bet Trump was gonna sell all this stuff on e-bay 

These dum dums believe he is hiding the documents in Ivanka's grave :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

These dum dums believe he is hiding the documents in Ivanka's grave :lol:

Ivana died, not Ivanka.  He likely left documents in Ivanka's box last time he visited. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, edjr said:

Ivana died, not Ivanka.  He likely left documents in Ivanka's box last time he visited. 

There is a president's daughter who claims her dad spent inappropriate naked time with her. Does anyone recall this? She wrote about it in her diary.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

There is a president's daughter who claims her dad spent inappropriate naked time with her. Does anyone recall this? She wrote about it in her diary.

She also grew up to be a hore. And a drug addict. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

She also grew up to be a hore. And a drug addict. 

Jenna?

27 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

They got the diary. It went the way of Hunter's laptop. 

Trumpet now claims that Bush also had super secret documents that he kept in a combination bowling alley / Chinese food place. I am not kidding.

🥜 Job

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Trumpet now claims that Bush also had super secret documents that he kept in a combination bowling alley / Chinese food place. I am not kidding.

🥜 Job

If it was H.W Bush, I don't believe it...he never in his life set foot into into a combo bowling alley/Chinese food place.

39 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

If it was H.W Bush, I don't believe it...he never in his life set foot into into a combo bowling alley/Chinese food place.

Whereas W passed out in many :banana:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, craftsman said:

7 years later and this guy is still chasing after Trump. :doh:

What are you talking about?

:blink:

25 minutes ago, dogcows said:

It’s a lot easier to sell classified documents to the highest bidder once you make copies and put them on a thumb drive.

seems smarter than just leaving them in a garage so your crackhead son can have access