Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Trump 2024

15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

"To Trump: You had your chance, with a Republican House and Senate," Coulter wrote. "You handed domestic policy to your son-in-law and Gary Cohn. You handed foreign policy to your son-in-law and a country that gave your son-in-law $2 billion. Shut the f*** up, forever."

https://www.newsweek.com/right-wing-pundit-ann-coulter-tells-trump-shut-forever-after-midterm-1759108

I always liked Ann Coulter 

Gee, I wonder what the orange moron' response will be?  Something like "Ann Coulter is a no-nothing skank who was nothing before me and should not comment on things women no nothing about."

Or something thereabouts. 

10 hours ago, Raven Fan said:

Gee, I wonder what the orange moron' response will be?  Something like "Ann Coulter is a no-nothing skank who was nothing before me and should not comment on things women no nothing about."

Or something thereabouts. 

Would you say he owns more real estate in NY or in you head? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BirdGang said:

Would you say he owns more real estate in NY or in you head? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Probably my head since I'm not sure he actually owns any real estate in NYC.

The major source of his income is "donations" from deplorables like you.  But don't worry, the gold toilet chitting, silver spoon just loves uneducated deplorables like you.

Don't forget to donate!  Two times match for an hour!!

lololololol

• Thanks 1

Didn’t Trump have his own 747 before he killed it in politics? Even before Trump university? 

The headline here (The big thing in bold at the top of the page Reality) and opening sentence are what gets me:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/11/no/

This is also a pretty fair summation of Trump:

To his credit, Trump killed off the Clinton dynasty in 2016, nominated and got confirmed three constitutionalist justices, reformed taxes, pushed deregulation, got control of the border, significantly degraded ISIS in Syria and Iraq, and cinched normalization deals between Israel and the Gulf states, among other things. These are achievements that even his conservative doubters and critics — including NR — can acknowledge and applaud.

That said, the Trump administration was chaotic even on its best days because of his erratic nature and lack of seriousness. He often acted as if he were a commentator on his own presidency, and issued orders on Twitter and in other off-the-cuff statements that were ignored. He repeatedly had to be talked out of disastrous ideas by his advisers and Republican elected officials. He turned on cabinet officials and aides on a dime. Trump had a limited understanding of our constitutional system, and at the end of the day, little respect for it. His inability to approximate the conduct that the public expects of a president undermined him from beginning to end.

• Like 1

If I were a republican I would be pissed that Trump is running.  He's going to lose it for them.  If he went away and let DeSantis do his thing it would be an easy win.  Trump can't help himself as he loves the attention.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If I were a republican I would be pissed that Trump is running.  He's going to lose it for them.  If he went away and let DeSantis do his thing it would be an easy win.  Trump can't help himself as he loves the attention.

I'm not convinced he loses still. Republicans will rally behind him and vote for him if he is the nominee. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I'm not convinced he loses still. Republicans will rally behind him and vote for him if he is the nominee. 

He still has a shot but I think he makes it harder.  I will most likely vote for DeSantis but would probably vote 3rd party over Trump.

11 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Trump sure has done a number on Hawkeye.

Because I find things funny?  The man is a clown.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Because I find things funny?  The man is a clown.

Because he seems to get you worked up.

Just now, Gladiators said:

Because he seems to get you worked up.

Nope, just enjoy making fun of him.  If that counts as being worked up then everyone here is also worked up.

Is the narrative that Trump was on the ballot in the mid terms? 

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

Trump sure has done a number on Hawkeye.

The same could be said about the Biden haters around here.

I don't get this whole "show me on the doll where Trump touched you" tactic. 

You can't expect one of U.S. history's most controversial and divisive political figures to not have critics and/or those who laugh at him.

TDS isn't real; it's a MAGAtard term made up to slap on Clownzo critics, and he certainly deserves criticism.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is the narrative that Trump was on the ballot in the mid terms? 

According to Chuck Hawley, among others.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Does anyone really think DeSantis won't destroy him in the primary?

I never once claimed a giant red wave for the republicans for the midterms and I wouldn't try to predict that either. 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

I don’t. Trump is going to start with a block of dedicated MAGAtards. DeSantis will have to split the normals vote with all the other candidates.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think Desantis will beat him. No way republicans in blue states are voting for Trump in the primary. The question is if Desantis wants to do this now and have this madness thrust upon him. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think Desantis will beat him. No way republicans in blue states are voting for Trump in the primary. The question is if Desantis wants to do this now and have this madness thrust upon him. 

The other question is: If DeSantis doesn't run now and he isn't the VP pick for Trump (even money he isn't) is he willing to wait until 2032 to run for President potentially AND will he be able to maintain his momentum for another decade?

Honestly DeSantis is in the same spot as Obama was coming out of 2004. Obama was the hot guy on the Democratic side and he didn't wait for his turn. DeSantis shouldn't either. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The other question is: If DeSantis doesn't run now and he isn't the VP pick for Trump (even money he isn't) is he willing to wait until 2032 to run for President potentially AND will he be able to maintain his momentum for another decade?

Honestly DeSantis is in the same spot as Obama was coming out of 2004. Obama was the hot guy on the Democratic side and he didn't wait for his turn. DeSantis shouldn't either. 

Obama got to be president because Harry Reid hated the Clintons.  Obama wasn’t going to run until Reid told him to and the establishment would have his back when the time came. Plus Reid knew the 2008 election was a slam dunk for the democrats no matter who they ran.  If he were worried he wouldn’t have picked Obama. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Obama got to be president because Harry Reid hated the Clintons.  Obama wasn’t going to run until Reid told him to and the establishment would have his back when the time came. Plus Reid knew the 2008 election was a slam dunk for the democrats no matter who they ran.  If he were worried he wouldn’t have picked Obama. 

Either way- people voted for the more dynamic candidate when the choice was Obama or Clinton. DeSantis is the more dynamic candidate over Trump. He might not be the next time. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Either way- people voted for the more dynamic candidate when the choice was Obama or Clinton. DeSantis is the more dynamic candidate over Trump. He might not be the next time. 

DeSantis is likely a better candidate, but may also be a better President as well.  That being said, this would only be true if he used the Trump policies, which were solid in terms of value for our country. It's a wait and see game now. 

Then again, if Trump was on the ballot in the mid terms, republicans got 5-6 million more votes than the democrats.  I think Trumps only path is if Desantis stays out, Trump knows this, and if the policies of the left continue to trend downward. If things get worse in the economy, the culture war stuff won’t be enough to save the democrats this time. 

Trump has lost the last 4 elections he's inserted himself in.  This time it will be different!  America loves former presidents who rile their cult followers up to attack the capital and who lie constantly non-stop for 2+ years about a "stolen" election.

Trump is a shoe-in!

lol

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then again, if Trump was on the ballot in the mid terms, republicans got 5-6 million more votes than the democrats.  I think Trumps only path is if Desantis stays out, Trump knows this, and if the policies of the left continue to trend downward. If things get worse in the economy, the culture war stuff won’t be enough to save the democrats this time. 

Biden is has a really though decision to make in the coming months.  Energy prices in the Northeast are going to get crazy stupid this winter.  The years and years of New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire Vermont and Connecticut not approving energy infrastructure is going to bite them in the azz.  Every whinny little biotch politician that wouldn't approve projects is going to be begging Biden for a bailout, especially Massachusetts.  

It should be interesting.

51 minutes ago, Bert said:

Me.

Trump will win, Iowa and NH.  I'd imagine he'd win South Carolina and the Wyoming caucas as well.  Super Tuesday will then hit.....and if he wins Texas and the Gulf States...why wouldn't the powers that be get in behind him; particularly if he gives even an inkling that if DeSantis beats him in the primary....he'll run a Third Party ticket.  

DeSantis was just re-elected as Governor of Florida for 4 more years.  Shouldn't he honor that commitment?

7 minutes ago, zsasz said:

Me.

Trump will win, Iowa and NH.  I'd imagine he'd win South Carolina and the Wyoming caucas as well.  Super Tuesday will then hit.....and if he wins Texas and the Gulf States...why wouldn't the powers that be get in behind him; particularly if he gives even an inkling that if DeSantis beats him in the primary....he'll run a Third Party ticket.  

DeSantis will take Texas over Trump and probably South Carolina.  DeSantis will out debate him during the primary, materially weakening him.  Sure he can go third party but I do not believe he has a chance to get the republican nomination.  

We will see.

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

DeSantis will take Texas over Trump and probably South Carolina.  DeSantis will out debate him during the primary, materially weakening him.  Sure he can go third party but I do not believe he has a chance to get the republican nomination.  

We will see.

It's going to be a weird one.  On Super Tuesday you have the following states with their primary types. 

Alabama  - Open Primary
American Samoa
Arkansas - Open Primary
California - Top Two Primary
Colorado - Open to Independents
Maine - Open to Independents
Massachusetts - Open to Independents
Minnesota - Open Primary
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas - Open Primary
Utah -  
Vermont - Open Primary
Virginia - Open Primary

Primaries Open to Independents would (IMO) benefit DeSantis.  I'd imagine there's a number of Independent who left the Republican Party under Trump...but would be comfortable under DeSantis. 

Open Primary though?  Would Democratic voters cast in for Trump in the hopes of helping Trump win?  

Even California's  goofy Top Two Primary would allow a Democrat to vote for Trump.

Trump will burn the whole Republican party to the ground if he feels like it’s not going his way. This should be fun.

56 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Trump will burn the whole Republican party to the ground if he feels like it’s not going his way. This should be fun.

Yup. The GOP brought this nightmare on themselves. Lie down with pigs, you'll end up covered in sh1t. I'm actually happy that the Great Orange Scourge is running. He has ZERO chance of being POTUS again.

As a Republican, I wish Trump would just go away...  I am so tired of him...  I would much rather have him than Biden/Harris, but I just can't deal with him any more...

DeSantis looks strong right now for sure, but you never know until the voting starts. He’s got to get through 2023 unscathed and there are plenty of seemingly good candidates who fizzle out on the national stage. 

59 minutes ago, posty said:

As a Republican, I wish Trump would just go away...  I am so tired of him...  I would much rather have him than Biden/Harris, but I just can't deal with him any more...

Ditto....Im totally Trumped out

the media seems to want to hit Trump from all angles but the American people seem to have reached exhaustion with the media constantly attacking him.  T's favorability ratings are strong for the modern era, just barely traiing Biden and beating everyone else.  looking at the polls, the American people are tired of Nancy Pelosi, not T.

theres potential for Fox News to turn on T and that such a move will damage Fox News.

T is 41% favorable.  McCarthy is 25% and McConnell is 19%.  theres really no question who runs the show.

in terms of the 24 nomination, T kills Desantis 47-33.