Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Prices are dropping; inflation is going down

2 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

$3.56 a gallon 

But it was more last year! 

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

Great if I gained 100 pounds and then lost 10 I’d still be a fat phuck

Is it not worth noting though?  It's it still a good thing?  Some things are as simple as that.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Is it not worth noting though?  It's it still a good thing?  Some things are as simple as that.

It's only a good thing if that trend continues.  The vast majority of people who are overweight, that lose weight, not only gain it back... but gain more.  So no, it's not a good thing.  You either go all the way back, or not at all.  Static is better than regressive.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

It's only a good thing if that trend continues.  The vast majority of people who are overweight, that lose weight, not only gain it back... but gain more.  So no, it's not a good thing.  You either go all the way back, or not at all.  Static is better than regressive.

You're a glass half empty kind of guy, aren't you?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

You're a glass half empty kind of guy, aren't you?

That's not glass half empty, that's fact.

18 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Great if I gained 100 pounds and then lost 10 I’d still be a fat phuck

No.  We didn't "lose" anything.  Inflation is a measure of increase compared to the previous year.  Inflation is still positive, meaning prices are still going up relative to last year, but at a slower pace.   Using your analogy, the equivalent would be if you gained 100 pounds last year but only gained ANOTHER 10 this year.  Regarding Hawkeye's point about it being "worth noting", I suppose that's true but anyone with a brain knew it couldn't go up at the rate it was a year ago forever.  I hope he's not suggesting we give Biden credit for it ONLY being 3-5% now.  And let's remember that the Fed goal is 2% IIRC.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's not glass half empty, that's fact.

The only fact I'm talking about is that it's consistently lowering and that's good.  That's all.

Just now, Strike said:

No.  We didn't "lose" anything.  Inflation is a measure of increase compared to the previous year.  Inflation is still positive, meaning prices are still going up relative to last year, but at a slower pace.   Using your analogy, the equivalent would be if you gained 100 pounds last year but only gained ANOTHER 10 this year.  Regarding Hawkeye's point about it being "worth noting", I suppose that's true but anyone with a brain knew it couldn't go up at the rate it was a year ago forever.  I hope he's not suggesting we give Biden credit for it ONLY being 3-5% now.  And let's remember that the Fed goal is 2% IIRC.

My post was not referencing Biden in any way.  Just that it's consistently going down which is good.

@The Real timschochet How about changing the title to be accurate?  Unless you're an idiot, which you are but giving you the benefit of the doubt here, you know that prices aren't dropping.

37 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Have you applied for an auto loan lately? How about the housing market remaining stagnant due to high interest rates. What happens to the economy when people start spending less?

7 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Have you applied for an auto loan lately? How about the housing market remaining stagnant due to high interest rates. What happens to the economy when people start spending less?

Interest rates are high and yet people are still spending like crazy.  I wasn't referencing any to this though.  All I did was share the lowering trend of inflation because it's related to this thread.

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Interest rates are high and yet people are still spending like crazy.  I wasn't referencing any to this though.  All I did was share the lowering trend of inflation because it's related to this thread.

Here is the interesting part, to me...

Biden steps in and implements really bad policy, fomenting just nasty inflation.  So the Fed of course has to correct his mistakes, raises rates.   What should happen is some degradation to jobs.  They Fed is actually always working to minimize jobs....in effect.....

So the Fed does what they do, and there is some improvement, but its sluggish improvement. Why?

Well, turns out employers think the future is positive and as a result they are hoarding employees....in anticipation of a correction looming this year. And they all fear competing against each other for labor later, so they are sitting on employees..... people are still getting paid and as a result the actions of the Fed are muted.

Now, we should reasonably expect at least two more Fed actions this year to raise rates and attempt to move this fix a little faster.   PLUS.....if Biden does more stupid arse sh!t, it will further inhibit the Feds actions, so there could be more....

To the OP.

Prices do not go down as inflation ends. Products included in the inflation rate will not go down. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My post was not referencing Biden in any way.  Just that it's consistently going down which is good.

What do you think is going down?

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

What do you think is going down?

It's in my earlier post.  Has a graph and everything for visual aid. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You are giving credit to the arsonist for trying to put out the fire he started.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's still rising, it's a year over year comparison, you get that, correct?

1 minute ago, Reality said:

It's still rising, it's a year over year comparison, you get that, correct?

I know it's year to date and it's accurate that it's going down.

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

You are giving credit to the arsonist for trying to put out the fire he started.

Who did I give credit to?

• Haha 1

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/07/21/bidenomics-spurred-stronger-gdp-growth-morgan-stanley.html

This is good news:

“Morgan Stanley is crediting President Joe Biden's economic policies with driving an unexpected surge in the U.S. economy that is so significant that the bank was forced to make a "sizable upward revision" to its estimates for U.S. gross domestic product”

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2023 at 2:43 PM, Strike said:

Fed raised rates again.  22 year high.  WINNING!!!!

I predict two more of these.  But the impact will be muted as long as employers hoard people.  Inflation has slowed, but is still dastardly high.  Prices are staying taunt as companies decrease their product content. 

Do we really think prices will simply drop? I mean, none of us should beleive that.  Eventually, through natural market forces they will diminish but it will take a rather long time. 

I have to suggest that Biden et al really have no idea....none at all....as to the damage they have done, notably to historically disenfranchised people.

13 hours ago, Ultra Max Power said:

With oil prices set to sore the trending reduction in inflation may not last long.  

Oil prices are aching??

:dunno:

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2023 at 9:08 AM, thegeneral said:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/07/21/bidenomics-spurred-stronger-gdp-growth-morgan-stanley.html

This is good news:

“Morgan Stanley is crediting President Joe Biden's economic policies with driving an unexpected surge in the U.S. economy that is so significant that the bank was forced to make a "sizable upward revision" to its estimates for U.S. gross domestic product”

Yup, the Rich are getting richer and the middle and lower class are getting poorer. Once the rich burn through the $5.8 billion Biden borrowed and push into the economy we are going to be in trouble.

11 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Yup, the Rich are getting richer and the middle and lower class are getting poorer. Once the rich burn through the $5.8 billion Biden borrowed and push into the economy we are going to be in trouble.

Sounds like someone wants to fundamentally change the American system of capitalism.

Let’s hear your ideas for addressing wealth inequality, comrade!

58 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Sounds like someone wants to fundamentally change the American system of capitalism.

Let’s hear your ideas for addressing wealth inequality, comrade!

I don’t have a problem with income inequality as long as it is achieved honestly. It is the corruption of the $5.8 billion dollars I have a problem with.

Really? I paid $4.50 for a box triscuts today.Inflation might be going down, but the companies prices haven’t changed to reflect it.