Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

47 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yes but keep in mind, Hamas has certainly forseen this.  What they will do is force women and children into those tunnels to drown.  Its a solid strategy in terms of how do you deal with it, but they are standing off against animals....monsters....human filth.....who will happily murder their own for a political victory.

That's pretty terrible, but ultimately should have zero effect on decision making. 

Them being willing to drown their own people is just another reason they need to be gone. 

Liberals have become too simple and stupid of a people. We used to accept that things like freedom and human rights were causes worthy of death. Now they see one video of a dead Palestinian child and people lose their minds, yet somehow arent moved at all by the video of Shani Louk. 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

That would of course be Israel's fault.  :thumbsup: 

Yes.  The Palestinians have historically been abusive, refusing to allow peace....and when they are dealth with in such a way as to manage their violence....they are suddenly victims....

Just now, jonnyutah said:

That's pretty terrible, but ultimately should have zero effect on decision making. 

Them being willing to drown their own people is just another reason they need to be gone. 

Liberals have become too simple and stupid of a people. We used to accept that things like freedom and human rights were causes worthy of death. Now they see one video of a dead Palestinian child and people lose their minds, yet somehow arent moved at all by the video of Shani Louk. 

Agreed.   No one is stopping to ask, "Why would Hamas do things so abhorrent....like thinking they could get away with it?"

The answer is people who explain them away as if they are justified, they know these people are out there.....they are everywhere.   Palestinians suffer because of their own actions, and when punished....we blame those punishing as if the acts of the Palestidiots were justified....

I haven't decided yet what I think the main driver for Hamas lovers is in America. 

Is it just that they hate the Jews? 

Is it that they yearn for a cause to exert pressure on others? 

Are they stupid?

Do they just have brown people fetishes now?  

1 hour ago, jonnyutah said:

I haven't decided yet what I think the main driver for Hamas lovers is in America. 

Are they stupid?

My understanding from reading copious amounts on this topic, oversimpliofied.....

Israel was granted the land by the victors of WWII, they were given their homeland back.  They reached out to the arabs to talk about how to coexist, and they refused and insisted they never would coexist. They launched wars against Israel, who kicked their azzes....took land. Israel gave that land back in many instances, to show they wanted to coexist....but the arabs do not care. They have only ONE stance, elimination of Jews....period. Israel, for its own security...clamped down on those who have mandated to this day for their complete elimination....and they are cheesed off about it.

The Palestinian stance can be summed up  as thus " I am going to hit you when you are not looking, over and over and over....and when you punish me I am going to tell mom and dad that you are mean and violtent and pretend to be the victim, and when you punish me, I will use that as my reason for hitting you too....."

24 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

Are they stupid?

I believe the main driver is the classic Marxist oppressed/oppressor shtick.  Palestinians are the oppressed, so they get a hall pass to do... I was going to say just about anything, but I think we can leave out the "just about."  How else to explain women and LGBTQs supporting a culture which subjugates, rapes, and kills women and LGBTQs?

A good number of people aren't that sophisticated, they are just sheep following what TikTok and Tumblr tell them to support (cue a Leftie coming in with a Trump whataboutism...).

Funny you mention brown people:  the Left has conflated oppressed with brown, so in their minds the Palestinians are the brown people and the Israelis are the white, even though ethnically their basically the same, color-wise anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonnyutah said:

Are they stupid?

Well stated 

We are so focked

6 hours ago, RLLD said:

Yes but keep in mind, Hamas has certainly forseen this.  What they will do is force women and children into those tunnels to drown.  Its a solid strategy in terms of how do you deal with it, but they are standing off against animals....monsters....human filth.....who will happily murder their own for a political victory.

They lose all leverage without those hostages. It’s the only thing holding Israel back. It sure as Fock ain’t Blinken or the UN. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They lose all leverage without those hostages. It’s the only thing holding Israel back. It sure as Fock ain’t Blinken or the UN. 

They wont be killing the hostages, not yet. I am referring to Palestinian people....they will happily murder them as they would Israeli's....hopefully they wont rape them too though

6 hours ago, jonnyutah said:

Are they stupid?

Yearn for a cause against white supremacy.   Even if they have to imagine it.  

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yearn for a cause against white supremacy.   Even if they have to imagine it.  

I guess we won't be hearing any complaints about "jewface" in Hollywood -  when a non Jewish actor portrays a Jewish character - any longer since the same ones that would get their panties in a twist are now fully on team anti-semitism.

After two months of fighting and thousands of civilians dead, Hamas remains largely intact: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/12/05/israel-military-offensive-hamas-destruction-gaza/

I can accept what Israel is doing. I can accept the unfortunate death of civilians- I know that in many instances, Hamas is using them as human shields. I can accept that Israel is in the moral right here. 

What I can’t accept is a no win situation, similar to our wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan, in which there is no victory and everything tried only makes things worse. I know the reaction of some of you will be that Israel should just lay complete waste to Gaza but that’s not going to happen. So how does this end? 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

After two months of fighting and thousands of civilians dead, Hamas remains largely intact: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/12/05/israel-military-offensive-hamas-destruction-gaza/

I can accept what Israel is doing. I can accept the unfortunate death of civilians- I know that in many instances, Hamas is using them as human shields. I can accept that Israel is in the moral right here. 

What I can’t accept is a no win situation, similar to our wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan, in which there is no victory and everything tried only makes things worse. I know the reaction of some of you will be that Israel should just lay complete waste to Gaza but that’s not going to happen. So how does this end? 

It doesn’t end with Netanyahu giving a lick what traitors to their people like you think. Israel is lucky they brought him back.  

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

One thing they could do is elect a peace-seeking government.  You told us that's what virtually all of them want, right?  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

One thing they could do is elect a peace-seeking government.  You told us that's what virtually all of them want, right?  :dunno:

There are no options for this. Not now anyhow. 

25 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Almost 20% of Hamas killed according to your link. 

Fuel down to a trickle. Many displaced and on the run. Rocket launch sites dwindling.

Tunnels about to be flooded. 

Good God you propagandists aren't even trying anymore. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

Almost 20% of Hamas killed according to your link. 

Fuel down to a trickle. Many displaced and on the run. Rocket launch sites dwindling.

Tunnels about to be flooded. 

Good God you propagandists aren't even trying anymore. 

Propagandist AND pro-Hamas.

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I believe the main driver is the classic Marxist oppressed/oppressor shtick.  Palestinians are the oppressed, so they get a hall pass to do... I was going to say just about anything, but I think we can leave out the "just about."  How else to explain women and LGBTQs supporting a culture which subjugates, rapes, and kills women and LGBTQs?

A good number of people aren't that sophisticated, they are just sheep following what TikTok and Tumblr tell them to support (cue a Leftie coming in with a Trump whataboutism...).

Funny you mention brown people:  the Left has conflated oppressed with brown, so in their minds the Palestinians are the brown people and the Israelis are the white, even though ethnically their basically the same, color-wise anyway.

This 

This is what I think as well. Good explanation.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Once Israel has 100% ground control of Gaza, Hamas will get hunted down and destroyed. 

Sprinkle in pixie dust, rainbows, unicorn hair, and Karen Carpenter's greatest hits

Mix and stir

Let settle ten years

Everybody is hugging and singing kumbaya.

----

Or maybe they'll have to militarily occupy the place for the next eternity. Fock do I know.

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I believe the main driver is the classic Marxist oppressed/oppressor shtick.  Palestinians are the oppressed, so they get a hall pass to do... I was going to say just about anything, but I think we can leave out the "just about." 

Ding ding ding, we have a winner

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

A protracted stalemate inside Gaza if Hamas doesn't fall, which I submit to you is preferable than having Israeli citizens slaughtered on their soil.  That's the worst case.

47 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

WTF?  How can any Jewish person possibly attend any of those places after all this? Or contribute money? Is the need for status that overwhelming? 

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Me too. I can’t believe people fall for such stupid bad faith straw man arguments.

Damn dude. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Me too. I can’t believe people fall for such stupid bad faith straw man arguments.

What's the straw man?

Do all commie leftist men have vaginas?

WATCH: On Tuesday, San Francisco Supervisor Dean Preston broke down in tears as he introduced a resolution at the SF Board of Supervisors calling for a "sustained cease-fire" in the Israel-Hamas war and the release of hostages in Gaza.

https://x.com/sfstandard/status/1732236661113901080?s=46&t=Fib7p2nPeGXuJiuDfFsfmA

Also, aren’t there more pressing issues in SF like people crapping on the sidewalk? Glad these dopes ended the war with their resolution. Idiots.

2 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

WATCH: On Tuesday, San Francisco Supervisor Dean Preston broke down in tears as he introduced a resolution at the SF Board of Supervisors calling for a "sustained cease-fire" in the Israel-Hamas war and the release of hostages in Gaza.

https://x.com/sfstandard/status/1732236661113901080?s=46&t=Fib7p2nPeGXuJiuDfFsfmA

Also, aren’t there more pressing issues in SF like people crapping on the sidewalk? Glad these dopes ended the war with their resolution. Idiots.

Its almost comical if it were not sad.   You have this violent mob, being essentially imprisoned for being a violent mob......who then commits atrocities....and then pretends to be victim.....not unlike an abuser saying "why do you make me do this to you!!!"

Meanwhile, if they simply stopped being violent....no more attacks....no more rockets or suicide missions.....they could enjoy being more free.....but until then, treat them like the animals they are and cage them....

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

As much as I disagree with you on nearly every other subject…you raise a fairly good point here. 

A friend of mine used to work for the Santa Monica City Council. She is very much a liberal, (actually quite left.) But it used to drive her crazy that they would take up national and international issues that they had no business dealing with. She finally quit after they spent a whole evening publicly debating whether or not George W Bush was a war criminal. “Shouldn’t we focus on housing issues?” She wanted to know. 

So yes. They are idiots. 

What's the straw man?

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I know what it is, thanks.  The very opening of the video states, "at MIT, does calling for the genocide of Jews violate MIT's code of conduct of conduct or rules regarding bullying or harassment?" The Palestinian mob there, in addition to obstructing people and classes, were chanting for Intifada, which can be interpreted as a call for the genocide of Jews (or best case, a violent uprising).  So the question was a fair one.

Kornbluth's (MIT President) answer was remarkably bad:  "I've heard chants, which can be considered antisemitic depending on the context, when calling for the elimination of the Jewish people."

I mean what the holy fock is that?  

Also, all of the presidents followed the lead of "only if it is directed at specific people."  What horseshiot.  I wish they had been asked if a call for the elimination of, say, black people, or trans people, would be considered bullying or harassment?

It all comes down to where you land on the intersectional map.  If you want the elimination of a perceived oppressed class, you are a disgusting phobe-a-phobe.  If you call for the elimination of a perceived oppressor class, you are a good little marxist and the university's indoctrination has gone well.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I know what it is, thanks.  The very opening of the video states, "at MIT, does calling for the genocide of Jews violate MIT's code of conduct of conduct or rules regarding bullying or harassment?" The Palestinian mob there, in addition to obstructing people and classes, were chanting for Intifada, which can be interpreted as a call for the genocide of Jews (or best case, a violent uprising).  So the question was a fair one.

Kornbluth's (MIT President) answer was remarkably bad:  "I've heard chants, which can be considered antisemitic depending on the context, when calling for the elimination of the Jewish people."

Also, all of the presidents followed the lead of "only if it is directed at specific people."  What horseshiot.  I wish they had been asked if a call for the elimination of, say, black people, or trans people, would be considered bullying or harassment?

It all comes down to where you land on the intersectional map.  If you want the elimination of a perceived oppressed class, you are a disgusting phobe-a-phobe.  If you call for the elimination of a perceived oppressor class, you are a good little marxist and the university's indoctrination has gone well.

Jew's are allowed to be hated, and ultimately harmed, because of their position on the grievance scale.  So those in support of Palestine can then ignore anything they do wrong, and only highlight things that Israel does wrong.

Welcome to modern liberalism, you are all a victim unless you are male or white, and if you are male or white you will just take it.....what ever comes your way, because people are mad at you they can do what ever they want to you and you can do nothing back

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

If you're a free speech purist, then chanting for Intifada is free speech and should be protected.  It is when the chants or threats are targeted against specific individuals does it constitute harassment or bullying.   Same way it's free speech to chant that there are only 2 genders, or that the KKK is the way, or any other chants that people may disagree with.

Student- "I was in the locker room tying my shoes and all of a sudden Sally walks in, takes off his undies, and I see a twig and berries right there in my face"

Harvard- that's hate speech!!! That's a violation of the student code!

Student- Sally walked into the locker room and all I wanted to do was shove her into the shower area and have nerve gas come out because she is Jewish.

Harvard- thank you for using Sally's proper pronouns. 

Edited by jonnyutah
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Phantom's Phantom said:

If you're a free speech purist, then chanting for Intifada is free speech and should be protected.  It is when the chants or threats are targeted against specific individuals does it constitute harassment or bullying.   Same way it's free speech to chant that there are only 2 genders, or that the KKK is the way, or any other chants that people may disagree with.

But what does “free speech purist” mean? I believe you should be allowed to say whatever you want in the privacy of your own home. In public, however, hate speech should be illegal IMO. That includes college campuses.