Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

Apparently the kids you see throwing rocks at cars for Palestine are now big Osama Bin Laden fans.   He’s trending in the news.  

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You used to be a smart fella. But you’ve gone way down the rabbit hole and now I guess I have to explain things to you like you’re a toddler :( 

It is, indeed, highly doubtful that Israel is attacking hospitals just to do it.

Much more likely is that they are targeting Hamas either in the hospital or in tunnels right underneath.

However, obviously, there will be significant collateral damage when you target right under a hospital.

So the question is what is the acceptable risk there? Israel says we don’t care, it’s not our problem, Hamas built the tunnels under there on purpose so it’s their fault.

But there is a counter, which is that regardless of what Hamas has done or their purposeful use of civilians as human shields, Israel still has an obligation not to blow up hospitals where civilians are being treated.

Now I don’t even know where I, personally, come down on this, because I do see both sides here. But to pretend like it’s not even a question for debate is either extremely silly or ridiculously stupid.

Do I have to explain context.  This was obviously in response to this post like the two posts ahead of it.

"Israel continues to destroy hospital in Gaza, no evidence of command center or underground tunnels.  They just killing civilians."

38 minutes ago, u.k. said:

OK, so if Israel kills everyone in Hamas, then there will be peace?

Unlikely.  Those in the region have refused to allow peace since the restoration of Israel.  Nothing less than the destruction of Israel will appease Islamic groups. Now, if it became true that these Islamic groups stopped attacking, then we could enjoy a resumption of the peace process, and the eventual rise of a two-state solution.

30 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Unlikely.  Those in the region have refused to allow peace since the restoration of Israel.  Nothing less than the destruction of Israel will appease Islamic groups. Now, if it became true that these Islamic groups stopped attacking, then we could enjoy a resumption of the peace process, and the eventual rise of a two-state solution.

So if killing them is not going to resolve the issue, and there is no middle ground on another solution, what do we do?

Just now, u.k. said:

So if killing them is not going to resolve the issue, and there is no middle ground on another solution, what do we do?

Killing them is the only option left, its all they understand.  So once you kill Hamas, others will rise up to continue killing.  So to remain a nation, Israel will have to continue killing them, its the only option the Islamists leave for them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, u.k. said:

Eradicate Hamas first. Then figure it out.

I understand your point, but October 7 was what it was.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

So you get my point.  Killing 2m palestinians in Gaza is going to unleash greater fury upon them.

1 minute ago, u.k. said:

So you get my point.  Killing 2m palestinians in Gaza is going to unleash greater fury upon them.

I don’t think they’re going to kill two million, but yes, certainly the “collateral damage” aka civilian deaths is guaranteed to cause blowback 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t think they’re going to kill two million, but yes, certainly the “collateral damage” aka civilian deaths is guaranteed to cause blowback 

It is a point lost on low IQ people that only see 2 sides and can't see ahead in the future.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Of course, and that is the game.  When you spend enough time on the ground around these folks you learn that this is part of their math.  They want it. Israel will avoid it, but it will arise.  And then we will see the pretending that it is Israel who is wrong. Lather, rinse, repeat.

These Islamists are not stupid, and they know very well that there is no shortage of people who think they are knowledgable, but really dont know, and will succumb to their propoganda.....and follow right along like lemmings.

I think it is likely true that eventually they do destroy Israel, and when that happens you can rest assured they will murder every....single....Jew.....

Conversely, if it were true that thes Islamists put their weapons down, peace would be almost immediate.

The distinction is that on one side you have moral western values(Israel), and on the other you have animals.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

I agree with this guy

2 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

I agree with this guy

Yup, there isn’t another choice.  There is no middle ground.  It’s been building up but October 7th was the final straw.  Hamas has to go. Period. 

I’d be nice if the peaceful Palestinians could rise up afterwards, take ownership of the government and start the rebuild / recovery.  Gaza could be a beautiful place, it’s adjacent to the sea.  But most have been radicalized since birth, they won’t live beside Jews and they’ll spend any money on more rockets and tunnels.  They’ll let a new radical Islamic Terrorist organization in and in 20 years we’ll do this all over again.  

But make no mistake where the finger should be pointed nor any false equivalency.  Hamas is guilty of both what happened to Israel AND what’s happening in Gaza now.  Them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, u.k. said:

It is a point lost on low IQ people that only see 2 sides and can't see ahead in the future.

Mr. Genius here posts this inciteful question:

OK, so if Israel kills everyone in Hamas, then there will be peace?

So we "low IQ" people only see two sides, yet your brilliant thought question is a completely false dichotomy:  total peace or not?  Didn't you earlier post a similarly inane statement about every Palestinian wanting to murder LGBTQ people?  Hyperbole much, Mr. Nuance?

To answer your childish question:  no, there probably won't be peace, at least total peace.  Perhaps more peace, time will tell, it will ultimately be a multi-generational effort.  But we have decades of history to show that there won't be peace if Israel does nothing.  Plus that inconvenient part about Hamas saying they'll do it again.

You are a pseud who thinks recognizing that it is unfortunate that civilians are dying makes you some sort of thought leader.  We all think that.  Some of us recognize that the blame falls squarely on Hamas for building their terrorist infrastructure under hospitals and schools, recognizing that soft-brained people like you would put pressure on Israel to stop and allow Hamas to come back and rape and burn more Israeli women and children.

Who are you btw?  Nobody comes to a site like this and posts like you do off the bat.  Own your ID.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've got a new "what is a woman?" for the Left:  "Is Hamas a terrorist group?"  Apparently this is difficult to answer:

Hamas- not a terror group. Catholics that attend Latin mass- terror group. 

3 hours ago, u.k. said:

Oh noes, Islamic extremist are going to really want to kill jews then.

At least when Israel wasn't bombing Gaza, extremists didn't want to kill them...  Oh wait.

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

At least when Israel wasn't bombing Gaza, extremists didn't want to kill them...  Oh wait.

Perfect example of a joker that became a middle east know it all on Oct 8, 2023.

24 minutes ago, nobody said:

Oh noes, Islamic extremist are going to really want to kill jews then.

Lol. Yeah, this latest instance of Israel responding to an attack on them is really going to set Muslims off.  

7 minutes ago, u.k. said:

Perfect example of a joker that became a middle east know it all on Oct 8, 2023.

Shoot.  I hope Palestinians don't elect a terror group to govern them after this... oh wait.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Shoot.  I hope Palestinians don't elect a terror group to govern them after this... oh wait.

Maybe you should Google PLO

20 minutes ago, u.k. said:

Maybe you should Google PLO

Maybe you should google Hamas.

5 hours ago, u.k. said:

The Israel Defense Forces released photos and video clips Thursday showing what it described as Hamas "terror infrastructure" inside the Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City, including an "operational tunnel shaft," weapons and ammunition.

The IDF said its troops were continuing to conduct "targeted activity" at the hospital — Gaza's largest health facility — which Israeli officials say Hamas has been using for military purposes in violation of international law.

https://www.aol.com/israel-shows-small-cache-weapons-174625785.html

On 11/10/2023 at 10:27 AM, IGotWorms said:

I think they’ll let em have the south for now. Then they will have effectively halved their territory and pushed them into a much smaller space where it’s easier to target and root them out in the future, if necessary. It’s a smart strategic play 

I thought so too...

Israel drops leaflets on parts of southern Gaza suggesting possible expansion of offensive against Hamas

Israel has dropped leaflets across parts of southern Gaza calling on civilians to evacuate and “head towards known shelters,” indicating Israel could soon expand its ground operation against Hamas to the south of the enclave.

Leaflets were dropped Wednesday on four communities to the east of Khan Younis, the largest city in southern Gaza, warning people living there to “evacuate your residence immediately.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/16/middleeast/israel-leaflets-evacuate-south-gaza-hamas-intl/index.html

Google map Khan Younis... it's on the other side of Gaza. Holy crap, the Israeli army really is headed south!  Obviously there's Hamas and tunnels down south too, but ... the humanitarian toll.  I thought Israel was already pushing it's limits of what the international community would allow. Now they really pushing it.

18 hours ago, u.k. said:

Israel continues to destroy hospital in Gaza, no evidence of command center or underground tunnels.  They just killing civilians.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/16/what-has-israel-found-in-gazas-al-shifa-hospital

They took Fox News in with them and there's pictures and videos of weapons stash in laptops with hostage information on them in the hospital. Not one hospital staff or patient has been killed.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-says-it-has-clear-information-linking-shifa-hospital-to-hamas-held-hostages/

This uk person reminds me of the kids I see on TV marching for Palestine.  Just saying words they’ve heard about this issue, but with no real substance. Ignorant yet very confident.  Probably a teenager.  

12 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This uk person reminds me of the kids I see on TV marching for Palestine.  Just saying words they’ve heard about this issue, but with no real substance. Ignorant yet very confident.  Probably a teenager.  

Good observation. Many of them have the same viewpoints as teenagers/college kids. 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

A rather good example of the important distinction between knowledge and wisdom.

4 hours ago, League Champion said:

Just the way our founding fathers dreamt what America could become

News report of Israel driving remote control full sized jeeps into Hamas territories. They open fire and give positions away. Army steps in to wipe them out.  One report said they put a dummy in the front seat.

Pretty cool.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Link

Possible cease fire for hostage exchange deal appears close.

Interesting change of pace twist if it happens. Thanks for the update.

26 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Link

Possible cease fire for hostage exchange deal appears close.

I had read a very similar article a couple of days ago. I was almost going to post about it here. Not sure if this is the same negotiation or not. I think the one I had read about previously was being negotiated by a neutral Egyptian group. The negotiation I had seen days ago mentioned that it was very tentative and that these deals usually fall apart. Either way, I personally hope that they do agree to release the women and children and we get a temporary ceasefire.

On 11/17/2023 at 3:09 PM, Strike said:

For those idiots like @The Real timschochet who think there are a large percentage of Palestinians who want peace with Israel, here is what should be some very sobering poll data:

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/article-773791

Funny how our resident anti-semite Hamas apologists like @The Real timschochet won't comment on this legit poll that shows most in Gaza support what happened to Israel.  He'd rather keep his head in the sand and pretend Israel is killing innocent civilians.

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

Funny how our resident anti-semite Hamas apologists like @The Real timschochet won't comment on this legit poll that shows most in Gaza support what happened to Israel.  He'd rather keep his head in the sand and pretend Israel is killing innocent civilians.

Israel needs to displace them all out of Gaza and out of the West Bank and move them all to Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, and Iran and take over the entire Gaza Strip and West Bank and do away with those names and annex both areas to the new Israel.

7 hours ago, Strike said:

I’ve commented on the fact that most Palestinians publicly support Hamas many many times. I’ve also stated that Hamas is evil many many times. What’s really sad is that you seem to believe that any criticism of Israel is equivalent to support for Hamas. That or you’re trolling, or both. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’ve commented on the fact that most Palestinians publicly support Hamas many many times. I’ve also stated that Hamas is evil many many times. What’s really sad is that you seem to believe that any criticism of Israel is equivalent to support for Hamas. That or you’re trolling, or both. 

You were criticizing Israel while the victims were still bleeding out. Just like all the other leftists out there.  But you’re not a leftist. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

You recently said that the vast majority of Palestinians just want to get along.  That seems in conflict with supporting Hamas, whose stated goal is to kill all the Jews.  :dunno: 

Do you have a link to yourself saying most Palestinians publicly support Hamas?