Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

But what does “free speech purist” mean? I believe you should be allowed to say whatever you want in the privacy of your own home. In public, however, hate speech should be illegal IMO. That includes college campuses. 

I am not shocked that you disagree with the first amendment.

I do think people should be able to voice their opinions, even these moronic and vile Palestinian supporters.  Of course their intimidation tactics, which include supression of free speech, are problematic.

Consider this, would we really appreciate the hate and poison being fed our kids at Universities if these repugnant fools were not out there showing us just how hateful and maligned they are?

Is is not better to know they exist, where they are, how bad it is?  Moreover, look at all the voices of reason rising to stand up to them.  It is inspiring.  SOme are reluctant, since these sub-humans are part of their political ally system, but they are doing it just the same!!  Its great!

Reason is out there, its still around....some people still have it.....I am inspired....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I do think people should be able to voice their opinions, even these moronic and vile Palestinian supporters.  Of course their intimidation tactics, which include supression of free speech, are problematic.

Consider this, would we really appreciate the hate and poison being fed our kids at Universities if these repugnant fools were not out there showing us just how hateful and maligned they are?

Is is not better to know they exist, where they are, how bad it is?  Moreover, look at all the voices of reason rising to stand up to them.  It is inspiring.  SOme are reluctant, since these sub-humans are part of their political ally system, but they are doing it just the same!!  Its great!

Reason is out there, its still around....some people still have it.....I am inspired....

I agree although if these college kids are actually calling for the genocide of Jews, that does go a little too far imho. I don’t see it as much different than planning to attack some specific student or person, which obviously isn’t protected speech 

1 hour ago, The Phantom's Phantom said:

If you're a free speech purist, then chanting for Intifada is free speech and should be protected.  It is when the chants or threats are targeted against specific individuals does it constitute harassment or bullying.   Same way it's free speech to chant that there are only 2 genders, or that the KKK is the way, or any other chants that people may disagree with.

This isn’t a free speech issue per se. Maybe the overall question of protesting (no matter for what) on campus  is but it’s not the point.  It’s simply a question if laws, or in this instance code of conduct rules are meted out EQUALLY.

If these leaders were asked If a bunch of hillbillies were on campus, flying confederate flags, yelling “The South Will Rise Again!” and following blacks around, they’d 100% say it is against their code of conduct and would not be tolerated on their campus.  Hell, I bet the Confederate flag itself is not allowed. 

Eradicate the Jews?  Meh, they’re not sure.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I agree although if these college kids are actually calling for the genocide of Jews, that does go a little too far imho. I don’t see it as much different than planning to attack some specific student or person, which obviously isn’t protected speech 

Agree completely.  Now we need to bring them in, reason with them, help them escape this place we find them.  Its an opportunity IMHO.

Further.....where did they develop this kind of poisonous thought system?  Can we figure that out and fix it? 

As disappointing as this is, from it we should be able to find some ways to make this better.

• Like 1

They canceled the 92nd annual Christmas tree lighting in Sacramento due to pro hamas/pro Palestine groups. Newsome canceled and will do tree lighting "remotely' as there are "tensions in the county." 

There was also a very large police presence at the California International Marathon over the weekend at the start, finish, and along the course due to "protesters." 

Hmm. I wonder if they could use this "tension" as a "mail in ballot" measure again? 

You guys are funny.  When I worked at a liberal snowflake factory the Republican student leaders had to be put in the same section as faculty that lived in the dorms.  All two of them.  Free speech.  Lol. 

3 hours ago, The Phantom's Phantom said:

If you're a free speech purist, then chanting for Intifada is free speech and should be protected.  It is when the chants or threats are targeted against specific individuals does it constitute harassment or bullying.   Same way it's free speech to chant that there are only 2 genders, or that the KKK is the way, or any other chants that people may disagree with.

I generally support free speech, and do not object to people peacefully protesting for stupid things in safe, approved spaces.  This was not the case at MIT however, where they disrupted classes and traffic flow.  The protestors violated existing rules for such meetings and met no ramifications.

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

This isn’t a free speech issue per se. Maybe the overall question of protesting (no matter for what) on campus  is but it’s not the point.  It’s simply a question if laws, or in this instance code of conduct rules are meted out EQUALLY.

If these leaders were asked If a bunch of hillbillies were on campus, flying confederate flags, yelling “The South Will Rise Again!” and following blacks around, they’d 100% say it is against their code of conduct and would not be tolerated on their campus.  Hell, I bet the Confederate flag itself is not allowed. 

This.  If it was some white gathering it would be snuffed out, we all know this.  Different set of rules depending on your origin.  

Free speech and protest is fine until you start intimidating others or disrupting stuff.  Sort of like BLM blocking road ways and burning crap.  Thats not free speech.  

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

This.  Very well said.

On 12/6/2023 at 3:50 PM, listen2me 23 said:

This.  If it was some white gathering it would be snuffed out, we all know this.  Different set of rules depending on your origin.  

Free speech and protest is fine until you start intimidating others or disrupting stuff.  Sort of like BLM blocking road ways and burning crap.  Thats not free speech.  

It is abudantly clear at this point that two seperate sets of justice are in play. 

I am so grateful that congress called these University Presidents to testify.  And they went in there and showed everyone, rather clearly, the duality of their morality.....and we can easily see how it arises that students leave these institutions thinking disguting ideas. 

Humus  bbutt fawking hurt and are willing to sacrifice and burn down the country for a cracker. You want to live in the sixth century. OK. Grab something to help make the inevitable war you started. They have zero care for those thousands of people, children, their cause they pretend to stand to is fawking farce. 

This is the outcome of your own actions. Pathetic people in power on the Humas side blaming the world for your ignorance. 

You are beyond pathetic and undeniable about your adversaries when you declare war. 

Fawk them. And anyone who supports them. 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

OMFG...that is friggin hilarious!!

8 hours ago, League Champion said:

Zelensky looks good though. He’s eating well, hitting the gym. Hasn’t aged a bit despite being on the verge of being overrun by the Russian horde. 

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Zelensky looks good though. He’s eating well, hitting the gym. Hasn’t aged a bit despite being on the verge of being overrun by the Russian horde. 

Look how those Cucks let Zelensky take the lead. I'd say "naaaa Son, you walk behind me in my house". 

Joe Biden has said Benjamin Netanyahu must change tack, warning that Israel’s “indiscriminate bombing” in Gaza risked leaving the country isolated.

Offering his harshest criticism of the Israeli prime minister’s far-right coalition since the Jewish state began its military offensive in response to Hamas’s October 7 attack, the US president said Israel was “starting to lose . . . support” around the world.

Speaking to donors at a political fundraiser, Biden described Netanyahu’s coalition as “the most conservative government in Israel’s history . . . [that] doesn’t want a two-state solution”. 

Biden said: “I think he has to change, and with this government, this government in Israel is making it very difficult for him to move.”

Until now Biden had largely resisted publicly pressuring Netanyahu even as US officials said they have had tough conversations in private. The US president has publicly been a staunch supporter of Israel throughout his political career, including its current war effort. 

One US official said Biden’s remarks were not part of an orchestrated attempt by the White House to put pressure on Netanyahu but were “off the cuff” and “random”.

Later on Tuesday, in a joint press conference with Volodymyr Zelenskyy, president of Ukraine, at the White House, Biden said he had “made it clear to the Israelis, and they’re aware, that . . . the safety of innocent Palestinians is still of great concern”. 

The US president added Israeli actions “must be consistent with attempting to do everything possible to prevent innocent Palestinian civilians from being hurt, murdered, killed, lost, et cetera”. 

Biden said he could not verify “assertions” that there were no hostages in tunnels in Gaza that Israel was expected to flood during its military operations. “I do know though that every civilian death is an absolute tragedy and Israel stated its intent to match its words, its intent, with actions,” he said. “That’s what I was talking about today.”

The US vetoed a widely supported UN Security Council resolution last week calling for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire that was bitterly opposed by Israel.

Biden’s aides, including vice-president Kamala Harris, defence secretary Lloyd Austin and secretary of state Antony Blinken, have more vocally criticised Israel and its approach to its military effort in Gaza. The death toll in the Gaza Strip had surpassed 18,000 people, according to Palestinian officials.

US national security adviser Jake Sullivan is travelling to Israel this week to get a better sense of the Jewish state’s war plans and their timing. Biden said Austin would also head to the Middle East to discuss “international efforts to protect the free flow of commerce through the Red Sea”. US officials expect the fighting will reach a new phase as early as January.

The Biden administration has also been working on plans for postwar Gaza. Privately, western and Arab diplomats say it will be virtually impossible to reach any sort of two-state solution so long as Netanyahu remains in power.

Netanyahu has previously campaigned on the promise he would block the creation of a Palestinian state, and in recent days has roundly criticised the Oslo Accords, the 1990s deals that created the Palestinian Authority.

Earlier on Tuesday, Netanyahu acknowledged that his government and the Biden administration disagreed over how Gaza should be run once Israel’s war with Hamas ends, but said he hoped they could still find an agreement.

https://www.ft.com/content/aa0bffac-d5b7-4221-a715-b7d02fd377d4

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Joe Biden has said Benjamin Netanyahu must change tack, warning that Israel’s “indiscriminate bombing” in Gaza risked leaving the country isolated.

Like anybody takes Joe Biden seriously. He falls down steps, can barely walk, forgets where he is, craps his pants and eats Jello for dinner. They laugh at him 😁

Couple days ago three Israeli hostages were accidentally killed by Israeli soldiers. Apparently they were carrying a white (surrender) cloth on a stick when they were shot.  Makes me wonder if some soldiers are just shooting everything that moves. How much of a threat could they have appeared to be?  I doubt they were rushing at the soldiers. Sad.

I will give props to Israel for admitting it. They could've easily blamed Hamas.  Hopefully it was just a trigger-happy young soldier and not indicative of the whole army.

10 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Couple days ago three Israeli hostages were accidentally killed by Israeli soldiers. Apparently they were carrying a white (surrender) cloth on a stick when they were shot.  Makes me wonder if some soldiers are just shooting everything that moves. How much of a threat could they have appeared to be?  I doubt they were rushing at the soldiers. Sad.

I will give props to Israel for admitting it. They could've easily blamed Hamas.  Hopefully it was just a trigger-happy young soldier and not indicative of the whole army.

There remains an important distinction between most of the world and Muslims, and that is morality. 

43 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

:lol:

I dunno either but I presume the lady is the sensible one since the guy has the rainbow flag. Most sensible of all presumably, are the two that interfere to separate them. Tip of the hat to black shirt and purple jacket.

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

1 of the comments.

😂😂

I would be happy to interact with the bottom photo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

I doubt this is real, I've been assured this sort of thing isn't happening. :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

I doubt this is real, I've been assured this sort of thing isn't happening. :dunno:

Squishy also told us there never was nor is there now a caravan of migrants heading for the border. 

23 hours ago, Reality said:

It was mostly peaceful  🤭

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Israeli strikes across Gaza kill dozens of Palestinians, even in largely emptied north

Oh well.....

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  I have no empathy for these people, this is exactly what they wanted. I actually hope Israel is able to kill as many as possible. 🤓

Agree. They have to eradicate these people, otherwise deal with it forever. 

When the IDF gets done over there in Gaza can they come over to the good ol' US of A - we've got some Hamas supporters that need taken out with the trash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1