Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Which Wild Card loss was most embarrassing?

Which Wild Card loss was more embarrassing?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Eagles
    • Cowboys

Cowboys played a better team and fought back to at least make the score look like less of a bloodbath. But they were also at home as the 2 seed and have a long rich history of postseason meltdowns.

Eagles were already in free fall and were a wild card on the road. But the Bucs are mediocre and Philly flat out quit.

:dunno: 

I didn't watch the Eagles game, maybe would have changed my vote, but the Eagles were lost coming in. Cowboys got curbstomped, fought back is a very generous account. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Eagles have the Super Bowl hangover excuse.

Also they made the mistake of paying Hurts a huge deal. Once his legs go, which could be soon, he won't be that good

The Philadelphia Eagles and quarterback Jalen Hurts have agreed to a five-year extension through the 2028 season, the team announced on Monday. The record-setting contract extension is worth $255 million, according to CBS Sports, giving Hurts the highest annual salary — $51 million — in league history.Apr 17, 2023

The Cowboys seemed like Super Bowl contenders while the Eagles sucked the last half of the season. 

The Eagles loss was no surprise, but the Cowboys getting their asses kicked like they did was shocking.

• Like 1

This is like asking which peefoam post is more embarrassing? I will take all for $600 Alex

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The Cowboys seemed like Super Bowl contenders while the Eagles sucked the last half of the season. 

The Eagles loss was no surprise, but the Cowboys getting their asses kicked like they did was shocking.

Yep this was what I was going to post.:cheers:

I voted for the Cowboys because of how blown out they were...but the Eagles defense should be utterly embarrassed for how they played and tackled last night.  That was awful

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Was it the 1 pt weird win over the Lions at home?  Or the 2 pt loss to the phins in Miami?  Or maybe it was the 21 pts loss to the Bills.

Cowboys were fraudulent to anyone who was paying attention.   They generally throttled below average teams this year.  While losing or getting throttled by good teams.  

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

I voted for the Cowboys because of how blown out they were...but the Eagles defense should be utterly embarrassed for how they played and tackled last night.  That was awful

Bradberry looked like he’d never played professional football before. 

33 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Was it the 1 pt weird win over the Lions at home?  Or the 2 pt loss to the phins in Miami?  Or maybe it was the 21 pts loss to the Bills.

Cowboys were fraudulent to anyone who was paying attention.   They generally throttled below average teams this year.  While losing or getting throttled by good teams.  

The NFC east is top heavy and has been for a while now. The Giants poked their heads up last year benefiting from a weak schedule but that’s been about it. Washington and the Giants have been dysfunctional for the most part for over a decade now. 

HOW BOUT DEM BOYS!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The Packers have more playoff wins at Jerry World than the cowboys do. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The NFC east is top heavy and has been for a while now. The Giants poked their heads up last year benefiting from a weak schedule but that’s been about it. Washington and the Giants have been dysfunctional for the most part for over a decade now. 

Cowboys certainly have talent.   But they have done this so much with "talent" that it has to be expected.  Or that their players get overrated.  On paper they have all pros left and right.  A guy like Gilmore who wasn't.  3 all pros on thr OL.  The "new and improved" Dak.  Lamb.  

It is hard to put a finger on it.   Glass cannon.  Perhaps their players get overrated.  Not quite sure.  They can certainly show off on bad teams.  But they rarely look the caliber of an elite team when they go and play other top teams.  Which the Packers aren't even that defensively.  But they have shrunken up and not looked so bad a few times this year, when they have a team that can stand up to them.  

6 hours ago, MDC said:

Cowboys played a better team and fought back to at least make the score look like less of a bloodbath. But they were also at home as the 2 seed and have a long rich history of postseason meltdowns.

Eagles were already in free fall and were a wild card on the road. But the Bucs are mediocre and Philly flat out quit.

:dunno: 

On just the one game I’d say the Cowboys.  

But chocking 6 out of 7 and signing Jalen to that crazy contract I would go with the eagles. 

It is splitting hairs, they both suck!

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Cowboys certainly have talent.   But they have done this so much with "talent" that it has to be expected.  Or that their players get overrated.  On paper they have all pros left and right.  A guy like Gilmore who wasn't.  3 all pros on thr OL.  The "new and improved" Dak.  Lamb.  

It is hard to put a finger on it.   Glass cannon.  Perhaps their players get overrated.  Not quite sure.  They can certainly show off on bad teams.  But they rarely look the caliber of an elite team when they go and play other top teams.  Which the Packers aren't even that defensively.  But they have shrunken up and not looked so bad a few times this year, when they have a team that can stand up to them.  

Total lack of discipline!  That comes from Jerry and not giving the coach control.  

if Jerry managed the team like Kraft he would have a couple of more Super Bowl trophies.  

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Total lack of discipline!  That comes from Jerry and not giving the coach control.  

if Jerry managed the team like Kraft he would have a couple of more Super Bowl trophies.  

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

On just the one game I’d say the Cowboys.  

But chocking 6 out of 7 and signing Jalen to that crazy contract I would go with the eagles. 

It is splitting hairs, they both suck!

:cry: 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Don't really get this narrative.   I know jerrah pulls the strings.  But does he conduct practice?  If he let MM do such and such they would have more discipline?  Ive heard this idea but I guess I don't know what it means?

I think a problem with the cowboys is they are the most bi-polar organization and fan base around. Every win is overly celebrated, and every loss is the end of the world. 

Their OL is veterns.  Lamb seems like a worker.  Dak is Dak but seems like he has a level head.  You aren't a dude like Parsons and not have discipline and work ethic.   Gilmore is a true vet.  

I don't see a traditional Cowboys team full of me players and divas.  Not a big fan of Diggs but he hasn't been around.  

I went cowboys for the record.  They were at home vs the youngest team in the league who hmgave up 300 yds and 30 pts to Bryce Young.  Yeah their end stat lines look solid but that was mostly garbage.   

But Philly is just as big of a mess at the moment.  If they lure a good HC then they may be able to right the ship.  Hiring pencil boy as DC was a bizarre move.   

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Don't really get this narrative.   I know jerrah pulls the strings.  But does he conduct practice?  If he let MM do such and such they would have more discipline?  Ive heard this idea but I guess I don't know what it means?

This team has had no discipline since Parcels because none of the players fear the coaches because they know Jerry calls the shots. 

Just now, Bert said:

This team has had no discipline since Parcels because none of the players fear the coaches because they know Jerry calls the shots. 

I really don't think a lot of multi million dollar 27 year old players fear coaches today.  I could be wrong.  

I guess maybe BB because he will sit a guy.  Can't think of many others that even come close.  

56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think a problem with the cowboys is they are the most bi-polar organization and fan base around. Every win is overly celebrated, and every loss is the end of the world. 

this is it in a nutshell.

Tough one. I mean Philly was already on the skids so them losing isn't a real shocker. But anybody who has been a fan of the Cowboys for any length of time knew in the back of their mind that losing was a definite possibility. I mean, it's what they do. 

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Tough one. I mean Philly was already on the skids so them losing isn't a real shocker. But anybody who has been a fan of the Cowboys for any length of time knew in the back of their mind that losing was a definite possibility. I mean, it's what they do. 

I thought Dallas was a Top 5 team all year but figured they’d lose on an ugly turnover, bad penalties and/or clock mismanagement in the NFCCG. I never thought they’d get rolled by a wild card in Round 1.

But I liked it. :D 

Eagles were dead man walking coming into that game. No one had Cowboys getting smoked at home so gotta bite Cowboys.

Both losing was awesome though 😂

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

I really don't think a lot of multi million dollar 27 year old players fear coaches today.  I could be wrong.  

I guess maybe BB because he will sit a guy.  Can't think of many others that even come close.  

Dan Campbell

Cowboys. The Eagles have been in freefall for weeks and had already allowed Dallas to eat their lunch. They also at least had a decent shot of recovering most of the game if they could have found a groove. Dallas whas whooped from the get go and they did not fight back. They rolled over and were done by halftime; a dead cat bounce in garbage time isn't noteworthy.

Just now, supermike80 said:

Dan Campbell

They fear him?  Or like him and play for him?

Eagles have looked like shlt for a while now. I made some decent money on TB in that game. 

Cowboys folded and and there is trouble in paradise. Glad I laid off of it. Some times the best bet is no bet. 

24 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Losing is one thing. Imploding on both sides of the ball is another. They were so bad that McCarthy didn’t have an opportunity to screw it up.  

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

I thought Dallas was a Top 5 team all year but figured they’d lose on an ugly turnover, bad penalties and/or clock mismanagement in the NFCCG. I never thought they’d get rolled by a wild card in Round 1.

But I liked it. :D 

Meh, they've gone 12-5 the last three years. How many playoff games have they won? 

They weren't/aren't going anywhere with this organization. 

Trade everyone but Aubrey and start over. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Losing is one thing. Imploding on both sides of the ball is another. They were so bad that McCarthy didn’t have an opportunity to screw it up.  

Solid assessment. You'll get no argument from me. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Meh, they've gone 12-5 the last three years. How many playoff games have they won? 

They weren't/aren't going anywhere with this organization. 

Trade everyone but Aubrey and start over. 

As an outsider looking in I think the Cowboys coaching is a bigger issue than the talent.