Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

I propose we try to get to know our fellow geeks a little better

Born in DC...moved to central MA while young. Spent most of my time there. Lived in Salisbury, MA for 15 years. Living in the Merrimack Valley now running the DPW tree department for a large municipality. 

14 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Part I - where were you born, where did you grow up?

Since some of us are creepers I don't think you have to be specific and would probably encourage you to be vague rather than super detailed.   

There's a lot of time here spent arguing and bickering over dumb stuff and l bet we all have a lot more in common with others than we think.   Probably even some posters we would least expect. 

Many of you know where I'm from.   I was born and raised in the same place I live now.   I've actually lived in this city for all 45 years of my life outside of a year spent in a college dorm.   I can trace back about 5 generations of family who would be considered local. 

I would consider us neither rural or urban.   Town is just under 80k, supported by a lot of rural agriculture in neighboring communities and Kansas City being right at an hour drive straight down the interstate. Our city has always had a very strong manufacturing base, with companies like Mead Tablet, Quaker Oats, Seitz meat packing, etc with a strong blue collar workforce.  Still have lots of manufacturing driving the local economy.

Historically the community had tremendous wealth generating from the 1800s.  An old river town, this was one of the last metropolitan stops before families ventured out to settle the western frontier.   At one time our city had the most millionaires per capita in the world and I think was actually the third city in the country to have an electric trolley system. 

Lots of history and I'd be happy to show you around if you're ever in the area.  :)

Never entrust a single fact about yourself, your work, or your family, to the digital world.

Crossroads of America.

In 49 other states, it’s just basketball.

Masshole from near Pats Gillette, school in upstate NY, lived in Orange County in mid 20s, Salem ma for a bit, now up in Maine mostly.

Born in NE PA, in the area of the Office.  Coal mining and manufacturing area, until it wasn't. 

Four years in college in the Bawstahn area.

Phoenix area since graduation. It occurs to me that next year I'll have been here 36 years, twice as long as PA.  Yet I still feel I'm "from" PA in a way. 

I was born in Scranton Pa. Moved to Delaware as a young boy and attended the best private prep schools. But I tell everyone I’m from Scranton and have coal mining in my blood. My son is a crackhead.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Grew up in the white trash suburbs just north of 8 Mile in Detroit, same age and location as Eminem and Kid Rock although I knew neither. Went in the Army and was stationed in Germany and Ft. Hood, Texas. Ran around the desert in a tanker unit in 1991 during the Gulf War. Then back to Detroit until the late 90s with two years in St. Louis ruining my life during the Rams Super Bowl / Mark McGwire homerun/ Red Wings Stanley Cup era. Returned to Detroit briefly deeply depressed. Then off to China in December 2001until December 2022 and should still be there except the government destroyed the private education system and with it, the school I'd built with my wife. The back to Detroit briefly through 2023 again rebuilding my life.  

Finally the Florida teacher certification came through but for months I couldn't get hired because the need for social studies teachers is non-existent in this state, next to zero interest. When I realized this, I switched up and got certified in math. It was night and day, everything clicked. Emails and phone calls actually got returned, headhunters showed up, I got hired immediately two days after passing the math certification test. I didn't really even get interviewed for this job. The principal's first phone call reaching out to me came with a job offer and I took it immediatly. turned down many job offers. I've been teaching 8th grade math in the Florida panhandle for three weeks.

You took a bit of a financial gamble opening your own school, yes?  Did you sell it or somehow recoup the investment before you left? 🤔

51 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was born in Scranton Pa. Moved to Delaware as a young boy and attended the best private prep schools. But I tell everyone I’m from Scranton and have coal mining in my blood. My son is a crackhead.  

Have you ever sniffed a corvette or hidden documents in the hair of little girls?

59 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Have you ever sniffed a corvette or hidden documents in the hair of little girls?

Yes and yes. I also drove a truck and got arrested trying to free Nelson Mandela.  

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes and yes. I also drove a truck and got arrested trying to free Nelson Mandela.  

You too!? Small world. 

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Grew up in the white trash suburbs just north of 8 Mile in Detroit, same age and location as Eminem and Kid Rock although I knew neither. .....

You didn't know Kid Rock because he grew up in Romeo...pretty much with a silver spoon.  His dad owned (owns?) a car dealership.

ETA: Born and raised in Metro Detroit, still here

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Does your son wear not too tighty whities along with scarfs when he practices his poses for mug shots?  Did you really want to free Nelson Mandela or were you mistakenly thinking you were freeing Judd Nelson who would give you a mandala?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Does your son wear not too tighty whities along with scarfs when he practices his poses for mug shots?  Did you really want to free Nelson Mandela or were you mistakenly thinking you were freeing Judd Nelson who would give you a mandala?

Why yes he does. I was also raised in the Puerto Rican and Jewish communities, and in the black church. Delaware was well known for its diversity in the 1950’s. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why yes he does. I was also raised in the Puerto Rican and Jewish communities, and in the black church. Delaware was well known for its diversity in the 1950’s. 

Diversity is our strength.  It allows us to see challenges from new perspectives.  Only a person from a diverse background could figure out how to keep carcinogenic oil rainfall from occuring and at the same time figure out how to monetize fortune cookies into payments from which one could support an entire clan.

3 hours ago, Twinsdad said:

You didn't know Kid Rock because he grew up in Romeo...pretty much with a silver spoon.  His dad owned (owns?) a car dealership.

ETA: Born and raised in Metro Detroit, still here

There's a story there you do not know. He tells us he lives in East Detroit in a song. He did grow up in Romeo but he moved to Eastpointe/East Detroit soon thereafter and even wrote a song about us when the name change went down (1992) before he got famous. Here is a little known Kid Rock song from that time, set to Billy Joel's Still Rock and Roll to Me.

Kid Rock - It's Still East Detroit To Me (youtube.com)

The background of the name change: East Detroit still a very white suburb in 1992 and people didn't like being affiliated with the east side of Coleman Young's dumpster fire city. The first effort to change the name to Erin Heights failed in the late 80s. Along the waterfront on the east side, are five upscale suburbs called Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Woods, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Shores, and Grosse Pointe Park.

East Detroit/Eastpointe does not border the Grosse Pointes but we decided we'd rather be confused with them than Detroit, so we changed our name to Eastpointe. If you listen to the song, Kid Rock did not like the name change.

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

There's a story there you do not know. He tells us he lives in East Detroit in a song. He did grow up in Romeo but he moved to Eastpointe/East Detroit soon thereafter and even wrote a song about us when the name change went down (1992) before he got famous. Here is a little known Kid Rock song from that time, set to Billy Joel's Still Rock and Roll to Me.

Kid Rock - It's Still East Detroit To Me (youtube.com)

The background of the name change: East Detroit still a very white suburb in 1992 and people didn't like being affiliated with the east side of Coleman Young's dumpster fire city. The first effort to change the name to Erin Heights failed in the late 80s. Along the waterfront on the east side, are five upscale suburbs called Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Woods, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Shores, and Grosse Pointe Park.

East Detroit/Eastpointe does not border the Grosse Pointes but we decided we'd rather be confused with them than Detroit, so we changed our name to Eastpointe. If you listen to the song, Kid Rock did not like the name change.

Alanis Morrisette was a fake angry person. 

Pretty sure most people already know about me since @Horseman and others are so threatened by me that they spend their IRL stalking me across multiple message boards for things they think they can make fun of me for.

Live in beautiful Maryland.  Obviously I'm a huge Ravens fan.  I'm very into fitness.   And I have the kind of hair that makes the ladies weak in the knees.  I'm obviously very liberal but I don't like all the woke crap and catering to the extreme left.

And yes I've had issues with cancer multiple times in my life.

Prepare for Horsesass and others to come in and start making comments about a bag, ass rot, and anything else they think they can use to make themselves feel better since they're such insecure beta cucks. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Raven Fan said:

I'm a useless waste of life. Broke and uneducated. 

And honest I see. Good job.

• Haha 1

Just now, seafoam1 said:

And honest I see. Good job.

Are you an insecure beta too.

Methinks you are boyo. 

SAD

Just now, Raven Fan said:

Are you an insecure beta too.

Methinks you are boyo. 

SAD

Sure thing pimpledoosh. 

In my previous life, I got drunk and decided to run across the country. I was running and there was a crowd running with me. A truck hit a pothole in a mud puddle and I was drenched in mud water. A man with a German accent handed me a yellow tshirt . I wiped my  face and thanked him and handed it back to him.  I found out years later the stain was E=MC 2

11 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Pretty sure most people already know about me since @Horseman and others are so threatened by me that they spend their IRL stalking me across multiple message boards for things they think they can make fun of me for.

Live in beautiful Maryland.  Obviously I'm a huge Ravens fan.  I'm very into fitness.   And I have the kind of hair that makes the ladies weak in the knees.  I'm obviously very liberal but I don't like all the woke crap and catering to the extreme left.

And yes I've had issues with cancer multiple times in my life.

Prepare for Horsesass and others to come in and start making comments about a bag, ass rot, and anything else they think they can use to make themselves feel better since they're such insecure beta cucks. 

This reads like either a post for a dating site or a post looking for pity.  

Either way, way too pathetic to make fun of.  

23 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Alanis Morrisette was a fake angry person. 

She went down on me in a theatre whilst I fingered her.🥕❤️🐊

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

This reads like either a post for a dating site or a post looking for pity.  

Either way, way too pathetic to make fun of.  

Looking for pity?

Only an insecure, beta bish would think that.  Flame away little girl, why stop now?

Tell everyone how rich you are, how poor I am, and how I have ass rot.  Let it all hang out loser. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Never had her but I nailed Brittney Spears in her prime. Good job dude. :thumbsup:

56 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Why you changing stories? It was edie Brickell for it gtg story :hmmm:

55 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Never had her but I nailed Brittney Spears in her prime. Good job dude. :thumbsup:

I went to work early Tuesday morning after a night of dealing with my crazy coon-ass girlfriend that looked like Angie Dickerson that had the ass I preyed for every night. 
So I get my loss notices and they’re for Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and Kentwood LA. 
A very long day of three hundred miles of driving. As I’m walking out the office my cool Pops hands me fifty and said to go to Britany’s burger place , NOLA, in Kentwood. Order and the coffee I drank all day made me knocking to make stool. Men’s room was out of order so I used the lady’s room. I come out and the bill is forty one dollaters. I tip her nine and she says, “Thank you sir. And why do have a roll of toilet paper under your arm?”  Me: A souvenir that proves I dropped a deuce where Britany has. Good day and be safe. 

27 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Why you changing stories? It was edie Brickell for it gtg story :hmmm:

This was a joke, Brekell is not. And for the record my friends all had mob names. Mine was fingers. 

1 hour ago, Raven Fan said:

Looking for pity?

Only an insecure, beta bish would think that.  Flame away little girl, why stop now?

Tell everyone how rich you are, how poor I am, and how I have ass rot.  Let it all hang out loser. 

Dont worry.  The next time I see you putting down blue collar workers, the ones you call morons and uneducated, I'll make sure to remind you that they make just about as much as you do.  I dont like hypocrites.  

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I would drink a fifth, smoke a heater, and get my ass ready to send he a copy of my cheeks.

Via fax

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I represent Queens, she was raised out in Brooklyn. 

Born in Astoria. Actually Astoria General Hospital which is now an assisted living facility on Crescent Ave (Blvd ?)

16 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Born in Astoria . Actually Astoria General Hospital which is now an assisted living facility on Crescent Ave (Blvd ?)

You're a focking Goonie???? 

As mentioned above born in Queens and in same Long Island town I grew up in since 1972 (not same house). Got married in same church my parents did - same venue for the reception- boys graduated same high school I did and both drinking at the same establishments I did (and they both work at one of them). 

Still waiting to host @Bier Meister at the joint. 

@SUXBNME is afraid to leave CA. 

@BunnysBastatrds almost met me out in Montauk but it didn’t work out. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

You're a focking Goonie???? 

I don’t know what that means. LOL

Something about the movie ?

3 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I don’t know what that means. LOL

Something about the movie ?

Takes place in Astoria, OR.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Takes place in Astoria, OR.  :lol:

And a goonie goonie goo goo to you too. 

21 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

And a goonie goonie goo goo to you too. 

Eddie Murphy :pointstosky:

• Like 1

Not surpised to learn that peefoam in recent days is a crossdresser who likes little boys and used to enjoy his mom pegging him. 

Sad.

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Not surpised to learn that peefoam in recent days is a crossdresser who likes little boys and used to enjoy his mom pegging him. 

Sad.

Blue hair fear. 😆

Such a pvssy.