Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

So, we're going to Manhattan this weekend...

... to visit our daughter, haven't seen her since Christmas, we are very excited!  😊

Planning to do some touristy things:  the Met, maybe Natural History Museum, Ellis Island.  Got tickets to a matinee of Tommy the Musical.  She lives really close to Yankee Stadium, but I don't think it'll work out to catch a game.  Also renting a car for two days to go to PA and visit some family.

Does anyone know where I can find an up to date map of where Hamas terrorist loving rioters are hanging out?  I'd just as well avoid them. 

Staying near Columbus Circle, it looks like Fordham is nearby.  Does Fordham love terrorists these days?

TIA$#@!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

... to visit our daughter, haven't seen her since Christmas, we are very excited!  😊

Planning to do some touristy things:  the Met, maybe Natural History Museum, Ellis Island.  Got tickets to a matinee of Tommy the Musical.  She lives really close to Yankee Stadium, but I don't think it'll work out to catch a game.  Also renting a car for two days to go to PA and visit some family.

Does anyone know where I can find an up to date map of where Hamas terrorist loving rioters are hanging out?  I'd just as well avoid them. 

Staying near Columbus Circle, it looks like Fordham is nearby.  Does Fordham love terrorists these days?

TIA$#@!

Boyo NYC, just like DC, always has some protests going on.

Enjoy your time and maybe stop obsessing over politics.  The city can handle a minor protest. 

• Like 1

This would be the least of my worries if I were in NYC on a nice Spring weekend.

Avoid Columbia I guess but that’s way up there anyways.

Good itinerary you already have. If you have never walked it the Highline is very cool drop into Chelsea or the Village for drinks and some food.

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

TIA$#@!

Fordham is woke now as well. Not Columbia level violent woke, but it’s there. 

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

TIA$#@!

Are you going to have the rental car while in NYC? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are you going to have the rental car while in NYC? 

No.  We plan on renting a car just for two days to take out of the city.  Which reminds me, I should look into that.  😜

42 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

TIA$#@!

You just have to ask yourself is this a liberal school? If yes, then yes it’s having some sort of anti-Semitic gala on campus.

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No.  We plan on renting a car just for two days to take out of the city.  Which reminds me, I should look into that.  😜

I was going to say to park in a garage. The ticketing and towing down there is off the hook. 

If you can eat at Sardis after Tommy - classic Broadway dining experience, great steaks. 

MOMA is better than the Met IMO. 

If you love Italian food go to little Italy. The restaurants are all great there. And if you’re into the eclectic, visit Washington Square and Greenwich. Have fun! 

MOMA sucks. Unless you want to see old appliances and cereal boxes passed off as art. Go to the museum of natural history. You’ll never finish.  But if there are a lot of chineses just keep in mind they have zero concept of personal space. 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

MOMA sucks. Unless you want to see old appliances and cereal boxes passed off as art. Go to the museum of natural history. You’ll never finish.  But if there are a lot of chineses just keep in mind they have zero concept of personal space. 

You ask for their passport to ascertain their nationality? 

Always the racist, low IQ POS...SMH

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

If you can eat at Sardis after Tommy - classic Broadway dining experience, great steaks. 

If you love Italian food go to little Italy. The restaurants are all great there. And if you’re into the eclectic, visit Washington Square and Greenwich. Have fun! 

Thanks for the recs.  Wife and daughter definitely want the Met, as do I.  I proposed MOMA and got shot down.  Besides, the Met and Natural History are more than enough traditional museums for such a trip.

I'm hoping we can mix those two with some nice weather so we can walk there through Central Park.  We did the bike around the park last time, which was fun.

Washington Square Park is by NYU, no bueno, see my OP.

Our Tommy show is at 2PM, prolly too early for dinner right after.  We are generally early eaters, but with the time change we probably will stick on somewhat of our original time zones, since NY is a later kinda place.

• Like 1

Keep your head on a swivel. Ts&Ps.

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Our Tommy show is at 2PM, prolly too early for dinner right after.  We are generally early eaters, but with the time change we probably will stick on somewhat of our original time zones, since NY is a later kinda place.

Our last visit (maybe 8-10 yrs ago) we did Lion King for daughter. We found a cute french bistro and lingered with some wine, then early dinner, then the show.

maybe find a place afterwards to do something similar?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

California jabroni giving NYC advice :lol:

• Haha 2

Prices might be crazy, but are the rangers playing by chance?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

MOMA sucks. Unless you want to see old appliances and cereal boxes passed off as art. Go to the museum of natural history. You’ll never finish. 

I've never been to the MOMA, but I bet the Guggenheim could give it a run for its money. What a crap show that is

I've only been to Manhattan 5 times, but 3 of those times, I visited the Museum of Natural History. Definitely worth it :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Prices might be crazy, but are the rangers playing by chance?

I wouldn't pay playoff prices to watch a Coyotes game, so... no, but thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup: 

5 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Our last visit (maybe 8-10 yrs ago) we did Lion King for daughter. We found a cute french bistro and lingered with some wine, then early dinner, then the show.

maybe find a place afterwards to do something similar?

Thanks, I was thinking similar.  Maybe a drink, maybe just walking around/shopping, depending on where we are, then an early dinner.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, double tour said:

Lame.

Great contribution seafoam, thanks!

33 minutes ago, double tour said:

Can you imagine going to NYC being a big deal in your life? 😆

We're having a good discussion about things to do there, tard.  Go post videos of Biden sniffing hair somewhere.  :thumbsup:

You and your family should join the tens of Clownzo supporters protesting his trial. It could double the optics!

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

My wife and I went to Chicago last year for vacation, and it was a great trip.

We were supposed to go to a White Sox game, but it was raining like fock, so we knew it would be a rain out.

I saw that "Tommy" was playing, and we decided to try to go to that. 

I've never seen this happen before, but there were ZERO tickets available on any site, not even crazy expensive ones.

My wife called the theater and asked if we could just show up and maybe get in somehow, and she was told no. But then the guy said, "Check our website. I think a couple of tickets just became available."

She went on, and the two tickets were front row, just a little right of center Only $130 apiece.

Well hell yeah!

Had a great Italian dinner near the theater beforehand.

The wife had never heard the album "Tommy," had zero idea of the story line and had only a vague recollection of the song "Pinball Wizard."

The show was so fanfuckingtastic that it left her in tears.

What we didn't know was that this was a new version of "Tommy," and it debuted in Chicago and is now on Broadway.

Jerry and his family are in for a treat, boyos!

• Thanks 1

Ride the train for a Nathan's Famous

Ride the train for cherry juice in Brighton.

Buy a fake Rolex off a street seller so you can say you did.   See if you can get one under $100.

Canal street for a fake D&G purse.

Wall Street is nice on a weekend.  Nobody else there.

You should see the garment district, but probably pretty quiet on a weekend.

Times Square at 2am is still busy.

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

We're having a good discussion about things to do there, tard.  Go post videos of Biden sniffing hair somewhere.  :thumbsup:

Tard? 🤣

9 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

My wife and I went to Chicago last year for vacation, and it was a great trip

Liberals vacation in Chicago? 😂 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Liberals vacation in Chicago? 😂 

It's not quite Gatlinburg where you cultist necks vacation but it will do boyo.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

It's not quite Gatlinburg where you cultist necks vacation but it will do boyo.

I don't have to leave for Vacation BOYO. 😂 Have fun getting carjacked by a violent crackhead Pedocrat. 😂 

This year, the 15 best island's in the U.S. and their scores, according to the 2023 Condé Nast Traveler Readers Choice rankings, include:
  • Hilton Head Island, South Carolina: 95.60.

16 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Keep your head on a swivel. Ts&Ps.

Best advice in the thread 

Natural History Museum is a must. Across the street is Strawberry Fields and Central Park. There’s a place near central station that voices carry.take subways as they are quick and easy to learn and navigate. Depending on what block in Manhattan, I have many recommendations. And don’t drive. NO WAY!!! Have fun and be safe. I wish I was there. 🥕🐊🥕

7 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I don't have to leave for Vacation BOYO. 😂 Have fun getting carjacked by a violent crackhead Pedocrat. 😂 

This year, the 15 best island's in the U.S. and their scores, according to the 2023 Condé Nast Traveler Readers Choice rankings, include:
  • Hilton Head Island, South Carolina: 95.60.

Guy that never leaves his posh enclave on HH Island giving his opinion on Yankee cities. That about sums up your typical MAGAMOOK; they're all experts on everything, even the shlt they know nothing about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1