Sign in to follow this  
BLS

So...I went to the Dr. yesterday....have been feeling pretty run down lately

Went to the doctor yesterday as well. My kidney function isnt what it should be. Doctor didn't seem to concerned with it but I'll need to increase my intake of some things to try and help improve it

Did you injure your kidney during pararescue training? :(

Sorry. Isn't* went back and fixed it. Thanks

My kidneys are fine. Thank you.

Did you injure your kidney during pararescue training? :(

No just my patella tendon :(

Trump is NOT going to lose. You do know that, right?

You should consider a psych test too.

Get well BLS.

Sorry. Isn't* went back and fixed it. Thanks

:D

Wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not

:shocking:

He's alive!

I know this Tommy Gavin faggit. One of RP's many alises :thumbsdown:

or is it? :banana:

Found out today that my prostate is enlarged. Might be because my kidneys are fawked up. And the massive amounts of vicadins I took twenty years ago have loosend my inards caused some previous damage.

Learned today that when I was a baby, they operated on my kidneys through my d!ck hole and not my sides.Explains the scar on my cack that I always wondered about.

My Mom says they did the surgery through my urethra and it was painfully to watch. Never knew it, but I'm living the dream with one Fawking kidney. One Fawking kidney!!!!?

Had I'd known that, I might have laid off the sauce! The things you learn.

Hopefully you can do whats necessary to get yourself healthy.

One thing I don't understand, how come so many people wait until there is a major medical event in their lives before they change? Smoking is so bad for you, why wait until it may have done permanent damage? I talked about chewing tobacco on here a few years ago and am now tobacco free. The thought of possibly losing my jaw, which happened to a friend's dad, scared the out of me. I know a younger guy who actually went through cancer treatment and now had a huge scar running down his throat, plus half his tongue was cut off while skin from his wrist was grafted in place of the missing half. I could never forgive myself for not quitting.

Dont smoke, eat healthier, exercise. Its not that tough people.

Hopefully you can do whats necessary to get yourself healthy.

One thing I don't understand, how come so many people wait until there is a major medical event in their lives before they change? Smoking is so bad for you, why wait until it may have done permanent damage? I talked about chewing tobacco on here a few years ago and am now tobacco free. The thought of possibly losing my jaw, which happened to a friend's dad, scared the ###### out of me. I know a younger guy who actually went through cancer treatment and now had a huge scar running down his throat, plus half his tongue was cut off while skin from his wrist was grafted in place of the missing half. I could never forgive myself for not quitting.

Dont smoke, eat healthier, exercise. Its not that tough people.

Because it is easier to eat poorly, not exercise and enjoy whatever high you get from alcohol/cigarettes/drugs/etc. than do the "right" things. Most of the diseases caused by bad habits take years to develop, and people choose instant gratification over maximizing their chances for long term health. They don't realize how much suffering they're setting themselves up for until it is too late. Also it is hard to break habits once they develop; it is far better to avoid them in the first place.

Yeah, I knew there would be the do-gooders coming in and saying "don't smoke, don't drink, exercise...." and it's not that they're wrong.

Because they're not.

But to be honest, overall I've made some incredible personal strides in the last 5 years, and you can't build Rome in a day.

Everyday I work to try to be better than yesterday. I figure if I work towards that and give it a true effort every day, I can hold my head up high.

INTERESTING SIDE STORY:

Was in bed with fiancé (she runs my carry company day to day scheduling/operations) last night (who went to school to be nurse years ago). I asked to her listen to my heart.

So she lays on my chest and starts listening.

Fiance: Yeah, I can hear it. But it sounds like a murmur to me. (goes on to explain her rationale)

Me: I'm not going to lie to you baby. I'm really scared.

Fiance: I'm not going to lie to you either. I'm terrified.

Me: What's on your mind?

Fiance: I was driving in the car all day (part of her job) today and I started wondering 'How am I gonna run this company if you're gone?'

Me: :unsure:

Fiance: I think it would be a good idea to take out a life insurance policy on you in case something happens.

Me: :mellow:

Now, I've brought this conversation up to 4 people today. 3 of 4 were like :blink: The other one said "I wouldn't read into it too much. People always worry about self-preservation first".

I guess I was blindsided because when she said "I'm terrified", I figured the next words would be along the lines of "I don't know what I'd do without you." or "You're the love of my life and I'm scared of losing you".

But alas, tis the story of my life.

Yeah, I knew there would be the do-gooders coming in and saying "don't smoke, don't drink, exercise...." and it's not that they're wrong.

Because they're not.

But to be honest, overall I've made some incredible personal strides in the last 5 years, and you can't build Rome in a day.

Everyday I work to try to be better than yesterday. I figure if I work towards that and give it a true effort every day, I can hold my head up high.

INTERESTING SIDE STORY:

Was in bed with fiancé (she runs my carry company day to day scheduling/operations) last night (who went to school to be nurse years ago). I asked to her listen to my heart.

So she lays on my chest and starts listening.

Fiance: Yeah, I can hear it. But it sounds like a murmur to me. (goes on to explain her rationale)

Me: I'm not going to lie to you baby. I'm really scared.

Fiance: I'm not going to lie to you either. I'm terrified.

Me: What's on your mind?

Fiance: I was driving in the car all day (part of her job) today and I started wondering 'How am I gonna run this company if you're gone?'

Me: :unsure:

Fiance: I think it would be a good idea to take out a life insurance policy on you in case something happens.

Me: :mellow:

Now, I've brought this conversation up to 4 people today. 3 of 4 were like :blink: The other one said "I wouldn't read into it too much. People always worry about self-preservation first".

I guess I was blindsided because when she said "I'm terrified", I figured the next words would be along the lines of "I don't know what I'd do without you." or "You're the love of my life and I'm scared of losing you".

But alas, tis the story of my life.

I'd be upset if my fiancee said something like that. Like rethink the relationship upset. You want someone that is selfless and willing to sacrifice when you are sick, not someone worried about how they'll function after you're gone. Seriously, that was a sh!tty conversation on multiple levels.

As one of the do-gooders I wasn't trying to judge your lifestyle; just responding to Frozenbeernuts post.

Also, PVCs are relatively common. Although trigeminy is rare, it still isn't a death sentence. Chances are this will be much ado about nothing. The one study of which I am aware showed no mortality difference in those with trigeminy versus those without. The really bad finding is a bunch of PVCs consecutively, which can propagate to an arrhythmia which causes sudden cardiac death.

I'd be upset if my fiancee said something like that. Like rethink the relationship upset. You want someone that is selfless and willing to sacrifice when you are sick, not someone worried about how they'll function after you're gone. Seriously, that was a sh!tty conversation on multiple levels.

As one of the do-gooders I wasn't trying to judge your lifestyle; just responding to Frozenbeernuts post.

Also, PVCs are relatively common. Although trigeminy is rare, it still isn't a death sentence. Chances are this will be much ado about nothing. The one study of which I am aware showed no mortality difference in those with trigeminy versus those without. The really bad finding is a bunch of PVCs consecutively, which can propagate to an arrhythmia which causes sudden cardiac death.

Yeah I was upset too. Actually I was really hurt more than upset or mad.

I understand your response.

The DR said PVC's are common, and that most people can have a couple a day. But mine were like clockwork; every 3rd heartbeat I had one.

I always thought I was just working too hard, but I've been having these issues for really a couple of years, but not like they have been in the last year or so. It's seriously affecting my life; and I decided I needed to know what's wrong.

I appreciate your insight; really. Next Tuesday is my Cardiologist appointment and I'm honestly looking forward to it because living like this is brutal.

I'm hoping that it's nothing big, but the Dr demands some lifestyle changes.

The Fiance......that's her MO. She's always interested in her first. I've been noticing it more and more lately, and it's coming time I do some serious thinking.

I don't blame her for having the thought: you do want your family taken care of if anything happens to you, right?

I guess my only real criticism would be that her plan is unworkable because if you're sick now you'll never get life insurance. Gotta do that before you're in danger.

But that's the fake lawyer in me I suppose

Best wishes. I hope you feel better soon. And, I dunno what to make of the fiancee remark. On one hand, it seems like a pretty sh!tty thing to say. On the other, some practical estate planning is also a good idea.

Hope you enjoy your baboon heart. :thumbsup:

At least he will be Able to see Marisa tomei's tatas

And Catch a hockey puck.

Yeah I was upset too. Actually I was really hurt more than upset or mad.

I understand your response.

The DR said PVC's are common, and that most people can have a couple a day. But mine were like clockwork; every 3rd heartbeat I had one.

I always thought I was just working too hard, but I've been having these issues for really a couple of years, but not like they have been in the last year or so. It's seriously affecting my life; and I decided I needed to know what's wrong.

I appreciate your insight; really. Next Tuesday is my Cardiologist appointment and I'm honestly looking forward to it because living like this is brutal.

I'm hoping that it's nothing big, but the Dr demands some lifestyle changes.

The Fiance......that's her MO. She's always interested in her first. I've been noticing it more and more lately, and it's coming time I do some serious thinking.

Yeah, although the limited data on trigeminy suggests it doesn't (in a vacuum) increase your risk of death, the presence of symptoms really mandates checking out your heart in detail. Most people that have sporadic PVCs aren't even aware they are occurring. Regardless, it sounds like some lifestyle changes will do you some good.

Having divorced a selfish woman and remarried a selfless one, I can think of no other characteristic I value more in a partner. I'd let your fiancee know her commentary hurt you, and see how she responds.

I agree with the second to last straw.I mean this sounds like one of those comments they can tear relationship apart And cause you a lot of stress and pain When And I'm not giving her the benefit of the doubt But when she might have just Been having a brain fart.

I mean, I have lost track of the number of times myself Or someone I love Has said something Completely stupid In the face of fear or pain or stress.We can't all constantly live In our finest hour.

Or, she is truly a heartless selfish b****.But if you love her enough to make her your fiance, You at least owe it to both of you To confront her on it.

Yeah, although the limited data on trigeminy suggests it doesn't (in a vacuum) increase your risk of death, the presence of symptoms really mandates checking out your heart in detail. Most people that have sporadic PVCs aren't even aware they are occurring. Regardless, it sounds like some lifestyle changes will do you some good.

Having divorced a selfish woman and remarried a selfless one, I can think of no other characteristic I value more in a partner. I'd let your fiancee know her commentary hurt you, and see how she responds.

Do you really say things like " your commentary hurt me" to real people?

I don't know about you, but if I had a nickel for every time I told Andy Rooney that...

I'm actually gonna bring it up to her tonight. I'll post her response.

I don't know all of the details obviously but, why would you not already have life insurance?

I don't know all of the details obviously but, why would you not already have life insurance?

And give it to who? I'm not married, no kids.

I have plenty of money to bury my dumbass if I die.

I thought you had kids? That changes things if you don't.

Ah, thought you had kids. I'd prob have it anyway though, somebody may as well benefit from my death.

Ah, thought you had kids. I'd prob have it anyway though, somebody may as well benefit from my death.

There's a sarcastic remark here that I'm going to skip over completely, and just go with :cheers:

No, but this will be a tricky topic to address without immediately putting her on the defensive. What I'd do is think about her behavior throughout the relationship - is selfishness a consistent finding? From BLS' post, it may be. Has she has been getting better over time? If the answer is no, I would strongly consider cutting ties.

Assuming she has improved, I'd say something like "I was thinking about what we talked about the other night, and what you said was pretty unsettling. While I appreciate your honesty, I need a girlfriend/wife who will be there for me when times are tough, and not immediately focus on what she'll do once I'm gone. Although life insurance is probably a good idea regardless, I need to know that you're willing to make sacrifices for me while I'm still living. Fvck, we don't even know my diagnosis yet, but I'm really scared by the possibilities, so I'd appreciate a little more empathy and support."

She should respond with an apology and reassurance of her love and commitment. Anything less is a major red flag and possibly a relationship deal breaker, especially excuses which center about what she's going through.

IMO if this was unusual for her to say then I wouldn't worry. If not, consider this. What negatives you see before marriage tends to get worse afterwards over time. A generality? Yes, but tends to be true. Maybe best to remain gf/bf for longer than planned..?

No, but this will be a tricky topic to address without immediately putting her on the defensive. What I'd do is think about her behavior throughout the relationship - is selfishness a consistent finding? From BLS' post, it may be. Has she has been getting better over time? If the answer is no, I would strongly consider cutting ties.

Assuming she has improved, I'd say something like "I was thinking about what we talked about the other night, and what you said was pretty unsettling. While I appreciate your honesty, I need a girlfriend/wife who will be there for me when times are tough, and not immediately focus on what she'll do once I'm gone. Although life insurance is probably a good idea regardless, I need to know that you're willing to make sacrifices for me while I'm still living. Fvck, we don't even know my diagnosis yet, but I'm really scared by the possibilities, so I'd appreciate a little more empathy and support."

She should respond with an apology and reassurance of her love and commitment. Anything less is a major red flag and possibly a relationship deal breaker, especially excuses which center about what she's going through.

Reading BLS's dialog with her up there made me feel for him. It would be hard for me to give the benefit of the doubt in a situation like that; simply because I can't imagine getting into that right after someone I love expresses being terrified. (Granted I don't have children to support...but then I have to wonder - would she/they really be SOL if he passed away and had no life insurance? Or would it just be really uncomfortable for a little while. ...Is it really a terrifying prospect or just a solidly unpleasant one).

Re: the bolded, if she is (critically) selfish and he shouldn't marry her, and he tells her something akin to your second paragraph, she's still going to apologize and reassure him. When someone is of that ilk, it goes with the territory to have fairly superficial remorse and the good sense not to threaten your ongoing situation.

He really does have to try to be objective and think about how she's been on whole (like you're saying in the first part). Words aren't going to help much.

Well, I already offered my best Most heartfelt advice. If it makes you feel any better, I told my mom id like to have one final Meal with her tomorrow And her response? And I swear to Christ I'm not making this up.

Can I get guacamole?

Well, I already offered my best Most heartfelt advice. If it makes you feel any better, I told my mom id like to have one final Meal with her tomorrow And her response? And I swear to Christ I'm not making this up.

Can I get guacamole?

Sounds like she wants guacomole with this meal with you? She didn't say can I have a towel or something that doesn't fit the topic?

I was feeling run down and tired the last 6 months. Want to know what I did to fix it?

stopped doing drugs and started going to sleep at 10

Not sure why this is necessary, they're obviously in love. In fact, BLS's heart skips a beat every time he's with her. :dunno:

And what about the can size?

Small C's. :banana:

No Anal. :thumbsdown:

EDITED FOR CLARITY:

Her response last night when I brought up the fact she commented that she's worried about money if I were to die:

"You took it the wrong way." :dunno:

Her response last night when I brought it up politely to her:

You took the anal the wrong way ??

Her response last night when I brought it up politely to her:

I'm sorry . I thought this was the Wiffles mom thread.