Sign in to follow this  
edjr

10 top video game weapons of all time

Link

The list isn't bad, but the BFG was the best ever.

I thought of the BFG and Death's Head from Scorched Earth. That game was the bomb 15 years ago.

#1 The dig dug weapon.

A spear that launches out stabs your opponent and blows him up. Can't think of anything better

Arctic Warfare Magnum....generally known as the AWP. A gun so overpowering that many servers restrict or flat out outlaw it. I don't know if any weapon has ever generated more "OMG YOU ARE SO CHEAP"/"WTF AWP WH0RE!" type cries. Doesn't hurt that Counter Strike is the most played multiplayer FPS of all-time (hell, people still regularly play the Half-Life 1 version, almost 10 years after its release).

Arctic Warfare Magnum....generally known as the AWP. A gun so overpowering that many servers restrict or flat out outlaw it. I don't know if any weapon has ever generated more "OMG YOU ARE SO CHEAP"/"WTF AWP WH0RE!" type cries. Doesn't hurt that Counter Strike is the most played multiplayer FPS of all-time (hell, people still regularly play the Half-Life 1 version, almost 10 years after its release).

You're right.

You can snipe someone in the leg and they die with full armor. :thumbsup:

The sound is makes is sick too, sounds like a small cannon.

I've used it many times. :ninja:

Day of Defeat :ninja:

Shotgun in the first Soldier of Fortune.

MP5 in CS if used correctly.

I lways liked the following:

the Shotgun (Doom) or Chaingun (Doom)

the sniper rifle (Unreal Tournament or Far Cry)

Double Barrel shotgun in Doom 2 was most impressive

the gonoherra that hooker was dealing in Leisure Suit Larry 2 was pretty impressive as well

Proximity mines from Goldeneye were one of the funnest weapons.

Perfect Dark had those as well. We used to do multiplayer and laugh our asses trying to walk through a level that was ripe with explosives.

Another great thing was that you could set them off anytime you wanted to and they stuck to anything. So the most fun was throwing one at your opponent, have it stick to his face and see him run around (usually after you) before you detonated it.

Ah, good times.

Oil slick from spy hunter

whipping chains from road rage

superpunch from tyson's punchout

mario's fireballs were pretty cool at the time

Land Shark from Armed and Dangerous

That was the one that came to mind for me too. Armed and Dangerous is the best game that nobody ever played and that weapon rocks.

The Half Life 2 gravity gun justly deserves #1. Hurling mitre saw blades with that thing never got old.

5 WR Shotgun formation. Damn near impossible to defend.

Quarter 3-Deep D > 5 WR O

Smart Bomb ~ Defender

Ahh...yes.

I remember a gun that shot a green figure 8 laser in Turok...I think it was called the Rail Gun. ???

Three words: Get over here!

Oh man, that was my favorite game for Genesis, and that was my favorite move, that or the ice guy that turned guys into ice.

I am not a gamer at all, but, my favorite weapon was the Smart gun from Aliens, that thing could rip apart any alien.

In GTA SA, yeah, the tank is freakin awesome. The millitary air jet though is also awesome you can lock on targets and blow them out.

On 6/29/2006 at 10:25 AM, VikesNation said:

Proximity mines from Goldeneye were one of the funnest weapons.

Definitely. 

Can't remember which Call of Duty it was but you could throw a canister that would simulate fake gun fire. Sure enough people would come running and just look at this can bouncing around and you could just pop them for easy kills. 

1. nintendo 8-bit laser gun

2. bulky nintendo 8-bit carts

3. using sega dreamcast CDs as ninja stars

4. toppling a pac man cabinet over on someone

5. using an N64 controller as a chain mace

6. using the nintendo power glove to punch your mom in the face

im done