Sign in to follow this  
Cin-De

Most Embarrassing Fantasy Football Draft

I told you already that I met my new boyfriend this past March so Football wasn't much into our initial conversations.

Then sometime in early August he tells me he wants to play Fantasy Football but he's never played before. So I tell him I've played for 10 years but not last year. I volunteered to consult him and so he joins a local group of people that I didn't know.

Last night was the live Draft held at a local watering hole. It's a 10 teamer redraft. Most of the owners have played for several years.

My bf and I argued over every pick in the early rounds with me getting my way based on experience. The disagreements got more vocal as the rounds passed by. It didn't help that the other owners laughed at his opinions either.

Finally in the 9th round when he wanted to take DAL RB TChoice, I demanded he take SD RB DSproles. The other owners were laughing at him and I know that got to him because they are his friends and co-workers.

So he gets up and expresses that he's never been so emasculated in all his life and the little baby leaves. And he's practically crying. He's a %#^@ man and he's nearly crying in front of everybody including some who were just at the bar for dinner and or drinks.

So I finished the drafting of (his) team for him. And here it is:

QB

1 NE Tom Brady 2R

2 DEN Kyle Orton 16R

RB

3 MIA Ronnie Brown 3R

4 DET Kevin Smith 4R

5 PIT Willie Parker 5R

6 SD Darren Sproles 9R

7 NYJ Leon Washington 10R

8 MIA Ricky Williams 13R

9 OAK Michael Bush 18R

WR

10 NE Randy Moss 1R

11 IND Anthony Gonzales 6R

12 MIN Bernard Berrian 7R

13 MIA Ted Ginn, Jr. 11R

14 TEN Justin Gage 12R

15 NO Devery Henderson 15R

TE

16 HOU Owen Daniels 8R

Kicker

17 NYG Lawrence Tynes 17R

D/ST

18 NYG Giants 14R

Option 1: Bring your girl & listen (always the best option)

Option 2: Don't bring your girl, make a few mistakes, and get laughed at a little

Option 3: Bring your girl, argue with her and get laughed at all year

Sounds like he took option 3. He has issues, get him some tissues

So I finished the drafting of (his) team for him. And here it is:

This little gem say's it all........................If it WAS HIS TEAM.....you should have given input on his selections AND THEN STFU!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet you DEMANDED he take a player of your choice?????? Douchey if you ask me.

That said......................................YBFIAFP :yourboyfriendisafockingpoosay:

That's a damn shame...if your b/f didn't want your opinion and your experience present, then he should have declined your invitation to consult. On the upside, I'd say your experience showed in the end and that you did pretty good considering the two of you were arguing over each pick. I'd say you did really good - all things considered - if this was a PPR draft. (Love the picks of Brown, Smith and Washington in PPR and I think Moss is the clear #1 WR in PPR or non-PPR.)

Now I have to admit if my wife/girlfriend/fiance offered to consult me and was a fantasy football expert herself :music_guitarred:

Seriously though, your b/f has to realize that people would forget that he needed "help" real quickly if his/your team does as well as it should. What they won't forget is the way he reacted when he didn't get his way. Sounds like he has a little growing up to do...

Option 1: Bring your girl & listen (always the best option)

Option 2: Don't bring your girl, make a few mistakes, and get laughed at a little

Option 3: Bring your girl, argue with her and get laughed at all year

Sounds like he took option 3. He has issues, get him some tissues

Since you were there, option 1 was the way to go. Then he could have needled you all year about all of the mistakes you made. If you win the league he gets to go on a free vacation. Win-win. Two places where women won't enter my world - FF and golf. This way the worlds will never collide (Seinfeld reference).

as recently posted, pics of yourself (and b/f to determine level of wussiness) are required along with can size

otherwise, there is nothing we can do for you

what a terrible girlfriend. DTB. If me and my girl friend got in an argument about fantasy football and the next day she went and bragged on a forum... this is irrelevant because it would never happen. Unbelievable. Your dude is out of his mind for dating you.

what a terrible girlfriend. DTB. If me and my girl friend got in an argument about fantasy football and the next day she went and bragged on a forum... this is irrelevant because it would never happen. Unbelievable. Your dude is out of his mind for dating you.

:dunno:

Yeah but I got money. And this is me = http://thedanzone.com/GTG_VOL3/5-2-03w.htm

Okay it was me a few years ago.

But you're right. I am a biznatch. But them's the cards we're dealt.

no offense but if you wanted to be there to offer him advice, you should have done so and then kept quiet. If he wanted to make a different pick, thats his choice as it is his team. If he refused to listen to any of your advice, then maybe you guys have something to talk about after the draft in private but certainly not in front of the rest of his friends and co-workers.

He sounds like a bit of a poosay, but you are at least half to blame for causing a scene.

Now as far as the team goes, you say you got your way with all of his early round picks? They look so-so

I'd believe a gfiafp before this rubbish

Did you get gangbanged by all his friends and coworkers after he left? :unsure:

I have never LOLed at that damn dancing banana. Until now!

Best post in the thread. By Far!

I'd say that your boyfriend, your taste in costumes, your figure and your drafting are all part of a large monolith of suck that has enveloped your life in every phase. Didn't one of the other posters on here steal your hubby or was it the other way around? :unsure:

I have never LOLed at that damn dancing banana. Until now!

Best post in the thread. By Far!

:wall:

as recently posted, pics of yourself (and b/f to determine level of wussiness) are required along with can size

Oh, we've seen her pic. She looks exactly like Rocky Dennis dressed in a Wonder Woman costume but much older. She has some kind of hairy orangutan titties for you viewing pleasure too.

Personally, if some broad was getting lippy with me in front of all my friends, family and co-workers, I'd Goon Hand her before punching her in the forehead.

Oh, we've seen her pic. She looks exactly like Rocky Dennis dressed in a Wonder Woman costume but much older. She has some kind of hairy orangutan titties for you viewing pleasure too.

Personally, if some broad was getting lippy with me in front of all my friends, family and co-workers, I'd Goon Hand her before punching her in the forehead.

Cin-Dee needs to walk to her parents house, ring the doorbell, and punch herself in the face in front of her family and the dog.

She was just trying to help the dude out for crying out loud. Apparently the dude was going to get laughed at whether his girl was there or not.

Atleast now he has a chance to have the last laugh with a team that has a chance to do something rather than the garb he apparently wanted to draft.

Either way a chick playing FF :wall:

New winner for Post of the Thread!

She was just trying to help the dude out for crying out loud. Apparently the dude was going to get laughed at whether his girl was there or not.

Atleast now he has a chance to have the last laugh with a team that has a chance to do something rather than the garb he apparently wanted to draft.

Either way a chick playing FF :wall:

you're obviously new to the schtick that is cin-de. she wasn't trying to help, she was taking over. and she's barely a chick.

:wacko:

Yeah but I got money. And this is me = http://thedanzone.com/GTG_VOL3/5-2-03w.htm

Okay it was me a few years ago.

But you're right. I am a biznatch. But them's the cards we're dealt.

Have you done any work with ###### Machines or Hogtied or anything along those lines because I see the potential. :nono:

Anyway, your bf is a wuss.

You guys are BRUTAL!!!!....but funny :wacko:

Well,

Maybe you learned a bit about men and our Fantasy Football, at least from the comments made by true fantasy football players. You should have your own team and let him learn on his own. From the looks of your draft, you are not some miracle drafter as you took Brady after Moss in the 2nd which is a huge risk. You got crap for RB's and 1 WR....

You have nobody to blame for the embarassment but yourself as you were a direct reason for the result.

I am sure you ignored the sexist comments but I will say this....

If you were my girlfriend and you pulled that bs with me.....later that night you would be my ex-girlfriend.

Even worse that you made this post.

:doublethumbsup:

Who cares if you got money....that is a disgraceful comment.

When Barber and FJones both blow their knee's in week 1 and Choice rushes for 1700 yards, 60 catches and 32 TD's this year, you'll be sorry. :doublethumbsup:

You were kind of being a child about it. part of learning Fantasy Football is getting your azz handed to you the first year. Why deny your BF or his new teammates that experience. Mental note, no one likes to be humiliated in public in front of their friends. You should have talked out your draft beforehand...

OMFG I AM LOSING IT OVER HERE!!!!

At least he had the courtesy to make up a pretty good story before having us rate his team. Got to give him credit for that.

playing fantasy football with a woman is like playing poker with them.... not fun.... they should be making finger foods for our few hours of fun

the milk's gone bad beeches! :dunno:

playing fantasy football with a woman is like playing poker with them.... not fun.... they should be making finger foods for our few hours of fun

the milk's gone bad beeches! :shocking:

Ha the pic looks about 20 years old..... that milk is evaporated, she sits on the :) and is not allowed to touch my :)