Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

What do you do?

Just curious, what do you geeks do for fun? Hobbies, etc. I know we all are avid football fans, or we wouldn't be here. I know some of you are avid hunters/gun nuts. Some of you compulsively stalk Obama, or murder prostitutes. What else? Tailgating? Clubbing? Stamp collecting?

I play chess. In fact, I am playing in a tournament tomorrow. It has become something of an addiction actually, but its cheap, and I enjoy it.

Anyway, just curious if any of you have lives aside from here. :cheers:

i took up the guitar just a couple years ago.

then i wanted to get into a casual just for fun band, but couldn't find any.

so i started one.

it's a good time. :thumbsup:

I do some astonomy. I have a telescope that I use now and then.

Ghost Hunt. Me and my girl go to haunted places and investigate with equipment like night vision video cameras, digital cameras, EMF readers, digital records. We had an article about New Orleans published not long ago. It was on line, but it's a start. No one believes until they see. Or the lights go out.

Karaoke. I love it. I do mostly Elvis stuff. People always tell me Fock you sound just like him, but they are drunk. I'm not an Elvi. No sideburns or that BS. Those guys creep me out.

Collect Bootleg Elvis recordings. Audience and soundboard concert recordings. Out takes from studio sessions.

i took up the guitar just a couple years ago.

then i wanted to get into a casual just for fun band, but couldn't find any.

so i started one.

it's a good time. :thumbsup:

sup bri :cheers:

video games, whatever the kids are doing, basketball (play), and nerdy german board games

gerbil farm

look for jobs

eat my own feces

stuff like that

Hunt

Drink

Fish

Ice fish

Drink

Camp

I play pool a couple nights a week on average. I also play quite a bit of online poker and NCAA/Madden on PS3 (a lot more PS3 time now that the wife is pregnant and asleep at 7pm every night).

nerdy german board games

Which ones? I don't know if they're German but I used to play a lot of Carcison (sp?), Puerto Rico and Lost Cities.

Taekwondo, whole family does it, been discussed here several times.

Golf I theoretically do, but I get out so infrequently it is hard to call it a true hobby. In fact I was supposed to play yesterday, but I'm getting over a stomach flu so I had to cancel. :cry:

Started guitar lessons a month or two ago. I'm a decent faker and had been for 20+ years, but never took lessons or learned how to play lead. My kids have been doing lessons, and I figured wtf, time I do something for myself. I travel and work too much to practice regularly, but it is fun. Right now I'm working on Hell's Bells. :headbanger:

Probably my biggest hobby is puzzles, mostly crosswords but I'll do anything in a newspaper. I find I don't read nearly as much anymore, instead I'll pick up a puzzle.

Is the prison lingo?

nope, I went to Dahlonega, GA last weekend again to pan - #1 gold producing county in Georgia. I'm a member of the gold prospector's association of America!

I found gold again!

*Sigh* It's taken this long? I'm ashamed of this forearm.

Your mom. :banana:

maybe we're getting more mature :doublethumbsup:

Taekwondo, whole family does it, been discussed here several times.

Golf I theoretically do, but I get out so infrequently it is hard to call it a true hobby. In fact I was supposed to play yesterday, but I'm getting over a stomach flu so I had to cancel. :cry:

Started guitar lessons a month or two ago. I'm a decent faker and had been for 20+ years, but never took lessons or learned how to play lead. My kids have been doing lessons, and I figured wtf, time I do something for myself. I travel and work too much to practice regularly, but it is fun. Right now I'm working on Hell's Bells. :headbanger:

Probably my biggest hobby is puzzles, mostly crosswords but I'll do anything in a newspaper. I find I don't read nearly as much anymore, instead I'll pick up a puzzle.

Jk... Do a solid and video yourself playing hells bells and post to youtube

Lets see..

I used to play pool quite a bit. Was ranked in the state... Around 100 depending on the week.

Now I like to shoot my Hand gun at the range and am getting pretty good. Last time out I put an entire 20 round magazine in the x from 22 feet.

I like to play ps3 but its really more so I don't go out and drink.

Obviously politics is an obsession.

Wow, tough question. So many answers....I'm very competitive so I do tend to gravitate towards competitive endeavors. But some things I just enjoy. Anyways, short list:

- World Class foosball player.

- Dominant Poker player, except when dealt AA.

- Exceptional real estate investor. Some would say unethically so. They would be wrong.

- Unbelievably proficient race car driver. Have been compared to Mario Andretti, before Andretti breached the womb.

In short, I am the most interesting man in the world. I don't usually drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Lets see..

I used to play pool quite a bit. Was ranked in the state... Around 100 depending on the week.

Now I like to shoot my Hand gun at the range and am getting pretty good. Last time out I put an entire 20 round magazine in the ex from 22 feet.

I like to play ps3 but its really more so I don't go out and drink.

Obviously politics is an obsession.

Wow. I'm sure she wasn't a joy to be around, but that's pretty harsh. :shocking:

I play pool a couple nights a week on average. I also play quite a bit of online poker and NCAA/Madden on PS3 (a lot more PS3 time now that the wife is pregnant and asleep at 7pm every night).

Which ones? I don't know if they're German but I used to play a lot of Carcison (sp?), Puerto Rico and Lost Cities.

yup. carcassone, puerto rico, ticket to ride, settlers of cataan,power grid, etc. all those.

Incest, whole family does it, been discussed here several times.

Started masturbation lessons a month or two ago. I'm a decent faker and had been for 20+ years, but never took lessons or learned how to play with myself. My kids have been doing lessons, and I figured wtf, time I do something for myself. I travel and work too much to masturbate regularly, but it is fun. Right now I'm working on my balls :headbanger:

Probably my biggest hobby is peemus, mostly small ones but I'll do anything in a pinch. I find I don't read nearly as much anymore, given my blindness from teh masturbating, but still

Way to come clean, JK. :)

Besides that which unites us fantasy football:

Winter stuff:

NHL Hockey pools

Guitar playing, I dare not expose my serious lack of skill to anyone other than my cats

Play recreational ice hockey twice per week from sept to april

Summer Stuff:

Play golf twice per week from april to october

Typical sunday play golf in the morn, tend my yard, grill meat and drink beer, watch golf on teevee

Year round:

furiously masturbait to pron from the interweb

pretend to have a social life and try and date once in a while :(

Computer games have fallen off the last few years they are bad for my high blood pressure, prefer online chess or backgammon. I'm gittin old.

Getting harder to get guys to play poker or risk or whatever, too many whipped married dudes with kids. Used to be uber-into board/war games too (Axis & Allies, squad leader, diplomacy, statis pro baseball leagues...)

Besides that which unites us fantasy football:

Winter stuff:

NHL Hockey pools

Guitar playing, I dare not expose my serious lack of skill to anyone other than my cats

Play recreational ice hockey twice per week from sept to april

Summer Stuff:

Play golf twice per week from april to october

Typical sunday play golf in the morn, tend my yard, grill meat and drink beer, watch golf on teevee

Year round:

furiously masturbait to pron from the interweb

pretend to have a social life and try and date once in a while :(

Computer games have fallen off the last few years they are bad for my high blood pressure, prefer online chess or backgammon. I'm gittin old.

Getting harder to get guys to play poker or risk or whatever, too many whipped married dudes with kids. Used to be uber-into board/war games too (Axis & Allies, squad leader, diplomacy, statis pro baseball leagues...)

I love diplomacy. A geek diplomacy game would be vicious! We should try to make that happen (you can play online).

I make the beer I drink, or I drink the beer i make. Won a few competitions with an english style barley wine (9.3% ABV) aged in an oak barrel. It is 2 1/2 years old and getting better and better.

Nice hobby with a great reward for a job well done. Gonna brew up a Porter next week.

:cheers:

I know we all are avid football fans, or we wouldn't be here.

:bench:

:bench:

But you have boobs so you get a pass. Actually if I had boobs THEY would be my hobby. I never even leave the house.

I still eat my feces :banana:

A la carte or with a few sides dishes ?

ski in the winter. hiking, softball in the summer. scuba, snorkel when we can. cooking was a profession, now a hobby. watch a lot of movies with the family.

Both :thumbsup:

Corn is a multi tasker - in the feces as well as a side dish.

My hobbies include talking to SUXBNME on the phone. Sometimes when we are talking, he will have already consumed some beverages that contain alcohol and its hard to make out the words that are coming out of his mouth. Its so funny, hes so adorable, such an angel.

Other than that, kicking puppies, beating up small children and battering women are hobbies that are consuming most of my free time. I really had no idea I would excel so quickly, im totally dominating. :thumbsup:

O'Doyle rules

My hobbies include talking to SUXBNME on the phone. Sometimes when we are talking, he will have already consumed some beverages that contain alcohol and its hard to make out the words that are coming out of his mouth. Its so funny, hes so adorable, such an angel.

Other than that, kicking puppies, beating up small children and battering women are hobbies that are consuming most of my free time. I really had no idea I would excel so quickly, im totally dominating. :thumbsup:

O'Doyle rules

I'm the drunk one? :rolleyes:

:lol: