Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

14 dead at Batman premeire in Colorado

Just heard on the Tom Sullivan show that the dood told the police that he was "The Joker". :unsure:

NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly told reporters during a news conference that Holmes had painted his hair red and said he was “The Joker,” Batman’s nemesis who does not appear in the latest film. Kelly said the NYPD is increasing security at movie theaters citywide as a precaution.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20/deadly-shooting-colorado-movie-theater-dark-knight-rises/#ixzz21C3TbApF

Fox is reporting all the guns were purchased legally, at Gander Mountain and some other store, according to the Pentagon.

What about the gas grenade and the apartment explosives?

What about the gas grenade and the apartment explosives?

They didn't mention them, but since they still don't even know WTF they are dealing with on the explosives I don't think anyone knows where he got them.

They didn't mention them, but since they still don't even know WTF they are dealing with on the explosives I don't think anyone knows where he got them.

Well god damn, they've had him in custody for half a day... don't those poosays still have rubber hoses?

Interested to see how this all plays out.

Guy buys a ticket, leaves out the emergency door to his car that has body armor head to toe, an AR15, ballistic helmet, gas mask, remington 12 gauge, two pistols, gas grenades, and has his hair dyed red like the Joker, then comes back in and shoots 70 people but doesn't kill himself or fire on the police officers.

We don't usually see that. The guy had his apartment booby trapped on a timer with trip wire, for God's sake. I assume he wanted the cops to come search his place and get blown away, but what's his goal? Are we gonna find his manifesto or whatever? Was he just trying to be famous? Does he really think he's "The Joker" and that the poison gas, the shooting in public, the clever explosives, etc. and then going quitely is a "Joker" style of doing things?

This isn't some dude who snapped one day. Not with all the gas and guns and armor and explosives. You don't hit 70 moving targets in the dark without a hell of a lot of practice. So why? Obviously he's crazy, but lots of crazy people don't do this. Just horrifyingly fascinating.

Guy buys a ticket, leaves out the emergency door to his car that has body armor head to toe, an AR15, ballistic helmet, gas mask, remington 12 gauge, two pistols, gas grenades, and has his hair dyed red like the Joker, then comes back in and shoots 70 people but doesn't kill himself or fire on the police officers.

We don't usually see that. The guy had his apartment booby trapped on a timer with trip wire, for God's sake. I assume he wanted the cops to come search his place and get blown away, but what's his goal? Are we gonna find his manifesto or whatever? Was he just trying to be famous? Does he really think he's "The Joker" and that the poison gas, the shooting in public, the clever explosives, etc. and then going quitely is a "Joker" style of doing things?

This isn't some dude who snapped one day. Not with all the gas and guns and armor and explosives. You don't hit 70 moving targets in the dark without a hell of a lot of practice. So why? Obviously he's crazy, but lots of crazy people don't do this. Just horrifyingly fascinating.

He probably wasn't aiming at people individually. If you fire enough rounds into a mass of people, you'll hit 70 real quick. Truthfully, I'm amazed he didn't kill more.

I think Congress should pass a law making it illegal for the media to report the contents of a manifesto in cases like this. Why give the twisted focks a podium for their lunacy? (Yes, I know, you'd have first amendment problems out the wazoo with that law, fock it, let SCOTUS make an exception.)

He probably wasn't aiming at people individually. If you fire enough rounds into a mass of people, you'll hit 70 real quick. Truthfully, I'm amazed he didn't kill more.

they've consistently said a lot of people were on the ground, and if they got up to try and leave, he shot them

others crawled out

maybe they'll eventually be able to count the number of rounds fired

I think Congress should pass a law making it illegal for the media to report the contents of a manifesto in cases like this. Why give the twisted focks a podium for their lunacy? (Yes, I know, you'd have first amendment problems out the wazoo with that law, fock it, let SCOTUS make an exception.)

Agree with you completely. I think it's ridiculous that within hours they publicize everything they can find about these people.

I was up late last night and watched all this unfold on twitter and the instant image I drew in my head of this dude was so damn close to accurate that it spooked me a bit. Rich, suburban white kid that never got into any trouble, "was such a nice boy," had good grades, blah blah blah. We know the profile by now, because they've reported a half dozen of these cases to us.

If this dude believed/wanted to be The Joker, then I would assume national coverage and for everyone to know he claimed to be and yada yada is exactly what he wanted.

With a guy this crazy, it almost seems like it's not over yet. If he booby trapped his place, he may have set up other areas for damage. He just dropped out of school,right? I would check those schools, teachers, etc. Dude is focked up. Also, just once I would like a network to say "We've decided not to show you this guy's picture because that is probably what he wanted". Just once.

That's what I figured. So would it be fair to assume he had an accomplice who let him in the emergency exit? If so, have they caught this clown?

I believe he bought a ticket, entered with everyone else, then went out, propped the door open and came back in.

With a guy this crazy, it almost seems like it's not over yet. If he booby trapped his place, he may have set up other areas for damage. He just dropped out of school,right? I would check those schools, teachers, etc. Dude is focked up. Also, just once I would like a network to say "We've decided not to show you this guy's picture because that is probably what he wanted". Just once.

Or,

"While we have a picture, we decided to photoshop it so that he is being focked in the ass by a donkey."

Sounds like he was just a wacked out gamer/comic book dweeb. :dunno:

:thumbsup:

Holmes graduated from University of California, Riverside, in the spring of 2010 a bachelor's degree in neuroscience, a school spokesman said. Mai said the mother told him Holmes couldn't find a job after earning a master's degree and returned to school.

Anyone hear from medstoopid today? :unsure:

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/update-occupy-black-bloc-member-james-e-holmes-shoots-up-aurora-co-movie-theater-killing-12-and-wounding-50/

To: “wbipi@verizon.net” wbipi@verizon.net

Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 2:17 PM

Subject: False facts.Dear Misguided and Unintelligent Fear Mongering ###### Bubble,

As a member of Occupy San Diego http://obrag.org/?p=51725 , Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Marine Corps, I would like to point out that you sir, are a bottom feeding waste of semen. How can you possibly know everything about this man’s “activism” when you have NEVER talked to him, nor any other member of the groups you claim he is part of? Did you get your training from Fox News? What makes you think that in 12 hours YOU have solved this case? The audacity of your ego is disgusting at best and a disgrace to the spirit of America at worst. If I had to venture a guess, I would say you’re anti-occupy, and is the bases for your slander. But that’s ok, I will be directing ALL of my Occupy Companions (and we are many) to email you to show their disgust at your libelous accusations. Here’s to hoping you get exposed as a lying, conniving, tool of the corporate overlords.

John Canter (NUT JOB WAITING FOR HIS TURN BEHIND THE TRIGGER)

:lol:

I'm for gun control, always have been; even wrote an essay about it in jr. high school.

Agree with you completely. I think it's ridiculous that within hours they publicize everything they can find about these people.

I was up late last night and watched all this unfold on twitter and the instant image I drew in my head of this dude was so damn close to accurate that it spooked me a bit. Rich, suburban white kid that never got into any trouble, "was such a nice boy," had good grades, blah blah blah. We know the profile by now, because they've reported a half dozen of these cases to us.

If this dude believed/wanted to be The Joker, then I would assume national coverage and for everyone to know he claimed to be and yada yada is exactly what he wanted.

I get what you guys are saying, but c'mon, what do you really expect to happen here? Do you actually want a LAW saying that the news cannot report such and such? That definitely doesn't sit well with me. I guess ideally the news outlets would hold back on their own, but in this day and age of 24 hour news and constantly trying to outscoop the other networks and the bloggers and all that, I don't think it's all that realistic to expect.

That said, I haven't seen the mainstream news sources report that this guy fancied himself The Joker. And now that I think about it, that explanation does fit perfectly with what he did. So I don't know if the main news sources are holding that back on purpose, or maybe they just don't have enough solid verification yet.

Right now on TNT, is Dark Night, and on FX is Batman Begins.

Must be some sort of tribute.

I'm for gun control, always have been; even wrote an essay about it in jr. high school.

Do you believe if we had gun control this event would not have happened?

Dude bought 6000 rounds of ammo over the internet. I'm all for folks buying guns and what not. 6000 rounds of ammo? Shouldn't this have been a red flag?

Do you believe if we had gun control this event would not have happened?

Possbily. It would have been much more difficult to get the type of firearms and ammunition that the shooter used to inflict high casualties in seconds if strict gun control laws were in place.

Dude bought 6000 rounds of ammo over the internet. I'm all for folks buying guns and what not. 6000 rounds of ammo? Shouldn't this have been a red flag?

I remember a college party we had. I just turned 21 and went to the ABC store to buy all the liquor. In North Carolina if you buy over a certain amount (some big quanity) you had to fill out this paperwork and sign your name. I was just taking it back home to the party as it wasn't like I was driving all that liquor across state lines or selling it at some music show so I didn't care what I filled out. I was taking it home to throw a kick ass party and I was 21 damn it. At the time I thought it was cool and took my copy and put it on our college house fridge as a badge of honor.

What I'm getting at is that if you buy more than a 'normal' amount of liquor you had to fill out all this paperwork which I'm assuming created some red flags and what not. To be sure when you buy that amount of ammo something has been red flagged. If not we have a big problem.

Seems to be a fair number of mass killings in countries with gun control laws. No one is ever held responsible by most liberals. They are always focking making excuses for peoples actions. I would not have drove drunk if the bartender didn't give me booze, I would not have raped her if i wasn't allowed to go to a strip club, people would not get killed with guns if they were restricted like they are in Mexico.

__ July 20, 2012: At least 12 people are killed when a gunman enters an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, releases a canister of gas and then opens fire during opening night of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises."

_ July 22, 2011: Confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivik kills 77 in Norway in twin attacks: a bombing in downtown Oslo and a shooting massacre at a youth camp outside the capital. The self-styled anti-Muslim militant admitted both attacks.

_ Nov. 5, 2009: Thirteen soldiers and civilians were killed and more than two dozen wounded when a gunman walked into the Soldier Readiness Processing Center at Fort Hood, Texas, and opened fire. Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Hasan is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.

_ April 30, 2009: Farda Gadyrov, 29, enters the prestigious Azerbaijan State Oil Academy in the capital, Baku, armed with an automatic pistol and clips. He kills 12 people before killing himself as police close in.

_ March 10, 2009: Michael McLendon, 28, killed 10 people – including his mother, four other relatives, and the wife and child of a local sheriff's deputy – across two rural Alabama counties. He then killed himself.

_ Sept. 23, 2008: Matti Saari, 22, walks into a vocational college in Kauhajoki, Finland, and opens fire, killing 10 people and burning their bodies with firebombs before shooting himself fatally in the head.

_ Nov. 7, 2007: After revealing plans for his attack in YouTube postings, 18-year-old Pekka-Eric Auvinen fires kills eight people at his high school in Tuusula, Finland.

_ April 16, 2007: Seung-Hui Cho, 23, kills 32 people and himself on Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Va.

_ April 26, 2002: Robert Steinhaeuser, 19, who had been expelled from school in Erfurt, Germany, kills 13 teachers, two former classmates and policeman, before committing suicide.

_ April 20, 1999: Students Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, opened fire at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., killing 12 classmates and a teacher and wounding 26 others before killing themselves in the school's library.

_ April 28, 1996: Martin Bryant, 29, bursts into cafeteria in seaside resort of Port Arthur in Tasmania, Australia, shooting 20 people to death. Driving away, he kills 15 others. He was captured and imprisoned.

_ March 13, 1996: Thomas Hamilton, 43, kills 16 kindergarten children and their teacher in elementary school in Dunblane, Scotland, and then kills himself.

_ Oct. 16, 1991: A deadly shooting rampage took place in Killeen, Texas, as George Hennard opened fire at a Luby's Cafeteria, killing 23 people before taking his own life. 20 others were wounded in the attack.

_ June 18, 1990: James Edward Pough shoots people at random in a General Motors Acceptance Corp. office in Jacksonville, Fla., killing 10 and wounding four, before killing himself.

_ Dec. 6, 1989: Marc Lepine, 25, bursts into Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique college, shooting at women he encounters, killing nine and then himself.

_ Aug. 19, 1987: Michael Ryan, 27, kills 16 people in small market town of Hungerford, England, and then shoots himself dead after being cornered by police.

Those for gun control obviously think the all police, law enforcement and U.S military should be 100% disarmed. Interesting.

Seems to be a fair number of mass killings in countries with gun control laws. No one is ever held responsible by most liberals. They are always focking making excuses for peoples actions. I would not have drove drunk if the bartender didn't give me booze, I would not have raped her if i wasn't allowed to go to a strip club, people would not get killed with guns if they were restricted like they are in Mexico.

This happened in my hometown when I was 15:

George Emil Banks is an American spree killer, sentenced to death by electrocution, but later declared by the court to be too psychotic to execute. Banks, a former Camp Hill prison guard, shot 13 people to death on September 25, 1982 in Wilkes-Barre City and Jenkins Township, Pennsylvania, including five of his own children.

The first location for his killings, in Wilkes-Barre, was less than a mile from my house. At the time I believe it was some record for killing, perhaps in one family. :dunno:

I didn't realize he never got executed. :thumbsdown:

This isn't some dude who snapped one day. Not with all the gas and guns and armor and explosives. YouF don't hit 70 moving targets in the dark without a hell of a lot of practice. So why? Obviously he's crazy, but lots of crazy people don't do this. Just horrifyingly fascinating.

Haven't been following the thread, but we all do know that the Joker allowed himself to be caught on purpose in the last movie, right? :unsure:

The Westroads Mall shooting was a murder-suicide that occurred on Wednesday, December 5, 2007, at the Von Maur department store in the Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska, United States. The Nineteen-year-old killer killed nine people (including himself) and wounded four, two of them critically.

My Mom and Aunt were in Westroads Mall that day when the shootings happened and were in Von Maur at the customer service counter minutes before the shootings occurred. She called me from a different store, and at that time they were "safe" in this other store that the manager/employees locked the front gate and went in back, but still, I purposely didn't even call my mom while she was there so as to keep the killer from hearing her phone ring. Scary focked up sh!t.

I had two amusing incidents with the pro gun crowd on my night shift tonight...

First, some idiot comes in. He says he was there earlier, and he "lost his gun in the parking lot." I asked how. He was wearing cargo shorts, and apparently had his gun in the bottom, unbuttoned pocket, and it fell out when he got in his truck. My co-worker walked up halfway through, and said "YOU LOST A GUN?!?" He says, in a d!ckish manner, "Yeah, people carry guns you know." I had to bite my tongue to stop from saying "But usually not in an unbuttoned cargo pocket you jackass."

He left. The gun was not found. I almost laughed picturing BLS doing this :wall: and this :doh:

Later, some dude walks in wearing a shirt that says "The 2nd Amendment... America's Original Homeland Security" With pictures of guns on it. I wanted to say "Cmon dude, your opinion is all well and good, but isn't it kind of dooshy to wear that TODAY?!?"

I believe people should be able to own a rifle or shotgun for hunting and a handgun for the home. Nobody needs an AR-15. They should be illegal. And nobody, I don't care where you live or what you do, needs 6,000 rounds of ammo.

As an aside, "conceal carry" or whatever the fock it's called is beyond retarded.

I believe people should be able to own a rifle or shotgun for hunting and a handgun for the home. Nobody needs an AR-15. They should be illegal. And nobody, I don't care where you live or what you do, needs 6,000 rounds of ammo.

As an aside, "conceal carry" or whatever the fock it's called is beyond retarded.

Not as retarded as Open Carry.

Why do you think laws that lower crime rates are "retarded"?

ABC News has suggested that James Holmes -- the suspect in today's shooting in Aurora, Colorado -- may have a connection to the Tea Party.

ABC's Brian Ross reported this morning that there is "a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site... talking about him joining the Tea Party last year."

:unsure:

ABC News and Brian Ross are apologizing for an "incorrect" report that James Holmes, the suspect in the Colorado theater shooting, may have had connections to the Tea Party.

"An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect," ABC News said in a statement. "ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted."

:rolleyes:

Why? I bought 10,000 rounds in one shipment back in April. I shoot a lot and found a really good deal so I bought a bunch of it.

Consider this; when I go to training events, I'll easily shoot 2,000 rounds in one weekend. Now does 6,000 rounds sounds like too much?

The world is a bad place

A bad place, a terrible place to live

Oh, but I don't wanna die

- Junior Campbell/Dean Ford

I had two amusing incidents with the pro gun crowd on my night shift tonight...

First, some idiot comes in. He says he was there earlier, and he "lost his gun in the parking lot." I asked how. He was wearing cargo shorts, and apparently had his gun in the bottom, unbuttoned pocket, and it fell out when he got in his truck. My co-worker walked up halfway through, and said "YOU LOST A GUN?!?" He says, in a d!ckish manner, "Yeah, people carry guns you know." I had to bite my tongue to stop from saying "But usually not in an unbuttoned cargo pocket you jackass."

He left. The gun was not found. I almost laughed picturing BLS doing this :wall: and this :doh:

Later, some dude walks in wearing a shirt that says "The 2nd Amendment... America's Original Homeland Security" With pictures of guns on it. I wanted to say "Cmon dude, your opinion is all well and good, but isn't it kind of dooshy to wear that TODAY?!?"

Unfortunately there are morons who don't use common sense with guns. It HAS TO BE IN A HOLSTER!! What if he reached for his keys and accidentally pulled the trigger? Losing his gun is more proof of his idiocy.

Consider this; when I go to training events, I'll easily shoot 2,000 rounds in one weekend. Now does 6,000 rounds sounds like too much?

You should be reloading your own.

The guy I posted about who used his gun to prevent him getting mugged converted a bedroom into a hi-tech reloading center. He plays with all kinds of stuff way over my head.....grain count, powder amounts...etc..

Saves him a ton of money, and he gets higher quality bullets.

Also an AR-15 is THE best home defense weapon.