Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

Lance Armstrong is a lying douche fraud

His statement wreaks of guilt.

I fought cancer that was going to kill me but won't bother to defend my good name. I'll focus on being a humanitarian and just let them take everything I worked for....but Im innocent.

:rolleyes:

Yea like this isn't a total screwjob. Not one shred of evidence so far, just statements by liars and cheaters with an axe to grind.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CYC_ARMSTRONG_DOPING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-23-23-18-23

buried in the article:

The 40-year-old Armstrong walked away from the sport in 2011 without being charged following a two-year federal criminal investigation into many of the same accusations he faces from USADA.

Armstrong sued USADA in Austin, where he lives, in an attempt to block the case and was supported by the UCI. A judge threw out the case on Monday, siding with USADA despite questioning the agency's pursuit of Armstrong in his retirement.

"USADA's conduct raises serious questions about whether its real interest in charging Armstrong is to combat doping, or if it is acting according to less noble motives," such as politics or publicity, U.S. District Judge Sam Sparks wrote.

I fought cancer that was going to kill me but won't bother to defend my good name. I'll focus on being a humanitarian and just let them take everything I worked for....but Im innocent.

Sure he used PEDs, like almost all of his contemporaries. But it's not like he hasn't fought these accusations for years, winning every time. So, either there is new, damning evidence that the feds weren't able to find when they pursued charges, or he thinks this is unwinnable fight so he is cutting his financial/emotional losses and moving on.

Regardless of whether he cheated or not he's raised a sh1t ton of money for sufferers of leukemia. He gets an A+ in my book.

I keep reading that USADA is going to strip him of his titles, but I haven't seen any evidence they have any controlling authority over the tour. The tour falls under the jurisdiction of the UCI, which has already cleared Lance...I don't think this is over yet.

ETA:

BERNE (Reuters) - Cycling's governing body will not comment on the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency's (USADA) decision to strip Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles until it gets the full reasoned decision, it said Friday.

American Armstrong said on Thursday he would no longer fight doping charges by the USADA, which quickly said it would strip him of his titles and ban him from competitive cycling.

"The UCI (International Cycling Union) notes Lance Armstrong's decision not to proceed to arbitration in the case that USADA has brought against him," said the Swiss-based UCI in a statement.

"The UCI recognizes that USADA is reported as saying that it will strip Mr. Armstrong of all results from 1998 onwards in addition to imposing a lifetime ban from participating in any sport which recognizes the World Anti-Doping Code."

"Article 8.3 of the WADC states that where no hearing occurs the anti-doping organization with results management responsibility shall submit to the parties concerned (Armstrong, the World Anti-Doping Agency and UCI) a reasoned decision explaining the action taken.

"As USADA has claimed jurisdiction in the case the UCI expects that it will issue a reasoned decision in accordance with Article 8.3 of the Code.

"Until such time as USADA delivers this decision the UCI has no further comment to make."

My link

I did read that USADA had a strong witness though. A French Maid has provided them with items that are banned in France that she found in Lance's hotel room.....................................toothpaste, soap and deodorant,

I've gone to bat for Lance over the years. The allegations have swirled for years but since he's never failed a blood/urine test despite repeated test after test, it all started to seem like a big witch hunt.

Where's the proof? Where is it? Why is Lance the only cheating athlete in hundreds of sports able to regularly pass a PED test?

As far as I can tell they still don't have a failed test. Maybe they don't need one. Seems a lot of friends/teammates are turning on him and ready to act as hostile witnesses. The only reason I can see for him to quit fighting these accusations is if that something changed and it now conclusive that he did in fact cheat. There may be fire in all this smoke after all.

So he passed every drug test he took, but because other people doped he is considered guilty, wow.....

So now, will this governing body spend years and millions of dollars to now investigate every other competitor who passed the doping tests? What about the people they will now fraudulently hand the titles to, are they going to be hunted down as well?

They just invalidated their sport.... :thumbsdown:

From what I have heard, the USADA doesn't really need hard evidence to win a case. The burden of proof is very low. Supposedly their record against athletes is 58-2.

So Lance probably knew he was losing this one regardless. May as well save yourself from weeks and weeks of news stories giving out details (true or false) about how you cheated.

And no, the USADA doesn't have the authority to actually strip him of his titles. It's not that different than The Geek Club announcing we are stripping him of his titles.

All this being said, I am sure Lance cheated. We know the guys that came in 2nd, 3rd, etc all those years have already been busted. Lance was the best in that when everyone was dirty, he was miles better than the next best guy. But it's tough to believe a clean Armstrong was head and shoulders better than cheaters all of those years.

All this being said, I am sure Lance cheated. We know the guys that came in 2nd, 3rd, etc all those years have already been busted. Lance was the best in that when everyone was dirty, he was miles better than the next best guy. But it's tough to believe a clean Armstrong was head and shoulders better than cheaters all of those years.

I've never liked that guilt by association argument. Sure the #2, #3, and #4 guys were caught cheating, but why wasn't Lance? Maybe it was because these cheaters were actually the #12, #29, and #36 guys who jumped up in the standings but never caught Lance. For all we know, #5, #6, and #7, were actually #2, #3, and #4.

I did read that USADA had a strong witness though. A French Maid has provided them with items that are banned in France that she found in Lance's hotel room.....................................toothpaste, soap and deodorant,

:lol:

I am a believer in Lance. I love his cause BUT The following statement I believe has some hidden messages.

"The bottom line is I played by the rules that were put in place by the UCI, WADA and USADA when I raced."

I've never liked that guilt by association argument. Sure the #2, #3, and #4 guys were caught cheating, but why wasn't Lance? Maybe it was because these cheaters were actually the #12, #29, and #36 guys who jumped up in the standings but never caught Lance. For all we know, #5, #6, and #7, were actually #2, #3, and #4.

I agree with this in that they shouldn't be going after Lance and in that he shouldn't be labeled a dirty athlete.

My statement was just one of my gut instinct. Put a gun to my head and ask me if he cheated, and I will guess he did. But I think he needs to be left alone. And I think the USADA arbitration was a lose/lose situation, and Lance's choice here was simply the one that limited his perceived loss.

Dude never failed a drug test.

Something isn't right.

He has been probably the most tested athlete ever. However, there is a difference between not failing a drug test and not taking PEDs. Armstrongs scientists were the best. Paid more to always be one step ahead of the guys doing the testing.

The focker always says he's never failed a drug test, but never comes out and says he's never taken PEDs.

So he passed every drug test he took, but because other people doped he is considered guilty, wow.....

So now, will this governing body spend years and millions of dollars to now investigate every other competitor who passed the doping tests? What about the people they will now fraudulently hand the titles to, are they going to be hunted down as well?

They just invalidated their sport.... :thumbsdown:

:thumbsup:

He has been probably the most tested athlete ever. However, there is a difference between not failing a drug test and not taking PEDs. Armstrongs scientists were the best. Paid more to always be one step ahead of the guys doing the testing.

The focker always says he's never failed a drug test, but never comes out and says he's never taken PEDs.

So they spent millions to get some hearsay evidence so they could publicly state that Armstrong made them look like fools, and for the better part of a decade exposed our drug testing procedures to be a complete joke.

They prolly would have been better of to just STFU.

So they spent millions to get some hearsay evidence so they could publicly state that Armstrong made them look like fools, and for the better part of a decade exposed our drug testing procedures to be a complete joke.

They prolly would have been better of to just STFU.

Yeah, a dumb chase on their part for sure. Its unfortunate that their procedures for testing were always one step behind armstrong and his scientists. The should just say "fock it", and make everything legal. Horse steroids, lasix, mid-race blood transfusions, all of it.

My biggest issue with Armstrong is that he never says he didn't juice, he just alwasy says he's never failed a test. He expects everyone to believe that those two are the same thing and they aren't.

Let us think about this using common sense:

Fact #1: Lance was a mediocre cyclist before suffering from testicular cancer (only won 2 tour de france STAGES {not races} in total)

Fact #2: Lance was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 1996 with a tumor that had metastasized to his brain and lungs. His cancer treatments included brain and testicular surgery and extensive chemotherapy.

Fact #3: Lance survived his fight with cancer

Fact #4: Post cancer treatment Lance became the BEST CYCLIST IN THE HISTORY OF CYCLING and won 7 consecutive Tour de France races

Someone please tell me the odds of this happening without cheating??? Whether it be blood transfusions, HGH, testosterone, etc., it is mathetically impossible.

He should just wear them inside his shirt. :thumbsup:

Fact #1: Lance was a mediocre cyclist before suffering from testicular cancer (only won 2 tour de france STAGES {not races} in total)

Fact #2: Lance was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 1996 with a tumor that had metastasized to his brain and lungs. His cancer treatments included brain and testicular surgery and extensive chemotherapy.

Fact #4: Post cancer treatment Lance became the BEST CYCLIST IN THE HISTORY OF CYCLING and won 7 consecutive Tour de France races

Fact #5: To this day, he has not tested positive for PE's.

Opinion: Someone please tell me the odds of this happening without cheating??? Whether it be blood transfusions, HGH, testosterone, etc., it is mathetically impossible.

Fixed :pointstosky:

Someone please tell me the odds of this happening without cheating??? Whether it be blood transfusions, HGH, testosterone, etc., it is mathetically impossible.

He was a very promising young cyclist before the cancer diagnosis. Very few people have won the tour in their early twenties; most victories occur mid to late twenties to early thirties. And winning stages of the TDF ain't easy.

Don't get me wrong, I think he used PEDs. As nearly everyone else did too, he either had better drugs or is a pretty amazing cyclist regardless.

they're all cheating using gears and wheels to propel forward anyway, cycling, sport, LOL

since when did riding a bike get so popular anyway?

:dunno:

(in my best Adam Sandler voice)

whooopppeeee......look at me, i'm ridin' a bike.....now gimme some money!

IMO he probably was doping but They never caught him and then they broke their own rules in a hell-bent crusade to prove that he was cheating.

Lance beat the system and the system disregarded all its own rules and regulations to enforce the rules and regulations on the Holy Grail of cheaters.

How dare they after he rode his bike on the moon and all. :nono:

How dare they after he rode his bike on the moon and all. :nono:

"One small dose for man, one giant tour de france winning streak for mankind"

I'm with Lance. They had their process and he passed. Did he probably juice? Yeah. Did they catch him? No, and it wasn't for lack of trying.

Also I don't get this "he had the best scientists" crap. At which point was he a bazillionaire who could afford to pay scientists to research and develop drugs 10 years ago that they still can't detect. Before his first victory? Second? Unlikely.

And if the argument was that everyone else juiced, then he was the best in an even playing field.

The man had Cancer and a minimal chance to survive. He wins the genetic lottery and does. Then wins one of the most grueling athletic events there is 7 times!!! Did he dope probably -- EVERYONE was and his was mostly related to his cancer - was it illegal yes - but fock come on.

Fine strip the titles -- he still one the most grueling race there is 7 times after being told he had months to live. He is still a hell of an inspiration to many people and should be.

The USADA has no authority to take away anything from him. So why would he fight it? Say "Aw shucks, you caught me. Now can you go away? kthnxbai"

Not fighting this has no bearing on his guilt or innocence. I can't imagine why any rational RETIRED athlete would.

this is akin to the boston flag football commitee trying to strip the pats of the superbowl because belichek cheated.