Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Who is the toughest guy on the Geek Club in real life?

There are 19 million kids under age 4 in the US. You think ~200K can kick your azz?

Honestly, I don't know. Some might have retard strength. Some might get a cheap shot in and bite me in the nuts, which I couldn't recover from. Some might catch me while I have the flu. Too many variables to say for certain.

Also, I hadn't put any thought into how tough I was until reading through this thread.

Thats impressive for any age. How are your joints holding out?

Will you stop with your joint crap already, his are probably fine because he exercises them. :thumbsup:

Also agreed that those BPs are crazy, like near the top of NFL combine crazy. :unsure:

Also I took my first HIIT class today since popping my hamstring ~12 days ago. I took it easy on some things and knock on wood, it feels pretty good. Hopefully I'll be back to doing irresponsibly heavy dead lifts in the next month or so. :thumbsup:

I could beat up 200 toddlers at once

On a fenced-in basketball court, if they were motivated to hurt you?

Thats impressive for any age. How are your joints holding out?

Joints...good so far. I only lift 3x per week...any more than that... I don't recover quick enough.

I had surgery on both elbows in 2011---for crazy bad golfers elbow...that the sports medicine doc told me I got from doing straight bar curls and that made so much sense...because that is what made them hurt the worst. Before the surgery...I went about 4 years getting cortisone shots...anywhere from 3-4 per year per elbow. Finally one day...he said "no more shots....need to try something else" ....that ended up being surgery. A week apart between left and right elbows. Both in December to get them both on current years insurance.

Will you stop with your joint crap already, his are probably fine because he exercises them. :thumbsup:

Also agreed that those BPs are crazy, like near the top of NFL combine crazy. :unsure:

Also I took my first HIIT class today since popping my hamstring ~12 days ago. I took it easy on some things and knock on wood, it feels pretty good. Hopefully I'll be back to doing irresponsibly heavy dead lifts in the next month or so. :thumbsup:

Ergh. Hamstring. I hadn't experienced a hamstring in HS or college; it happened to me in a social flag football league, playing DB against a guy that was a whole lot faster than he looked. Focking thought I hit a buried power line, that's how bad a shock of electricity that damned thing gave me when it popped. That was the last game I played - 9 years ago. That damned thing took forever to heal.

Joints...good so far. I only lift 3x per week...any more than that... I don't recover quick enough.

I had surgery on both elbows in 2011---for crazy bad golfers elbow...that the sports medicine doc told me I got from doing straight bar curls and that made so much sense...because that is what made them hurt the worst. Before the surgery...I went about 4 years getting cortisone shots...anywhere from 3-4 per year per elbow. Finally one day...he said "no more shots....need to try something else" ....that ended up being surgery. A week apart between left and right elbows. Both in December to get them both on current years insurance.

What did they do surgically to your elbows? I went from a straight bar to preacher's bar to avoid what it sounds like you're describing, and still both of my elbows ache pretty good when doing any kind of curl or lat pulldown.

What did they do surgically to your elbows? I went from a straight bar to preacher's bar to avoid what it sounds like you're describing, and still both of my elbows ache pretty good when doing any kind of curl or lat pulldown.

After my cortisone shots would begin to wear off...the exercise that I would do that made me realize..."oh-oh" (put the most stress on that tendon) was #1 pullups/latpulls and #2 straight bar curls.

The surgery....was basically...they unattached one end of the tendon that attached to the bone....then SPLIT the tendon in two (laterally/lengthwise) like I dunno...a half into to 2 inches??? Then they RE-ATTACHED the the now 2 smaller strands of tendons back to the bone.

Before surgery...it was so bad...that I could hardly touch my own face to shave or the top of my own head. I could...but its was painstakingly slow and painful.

2 months after the surgery...i thought "What a waste--its not fixed". 3 or 4 months after (I forget)....I thought "Holy sh!t they knew what they were talking about" and it was like I'd never had an elbow problem to begin with.

So other signs of medial epicondilitis (golfers elbow)....wringing out a towel hurts, turning a door handle, opening a pop bottle, etc.

If you've never had cortisone shots...they can be a miracle. Its just I kept doing what I shouldn't have.

So...pre cortisone....horrible pain. I'd get the shot...and 4-5 days later it was like I never had an issue at all. I'd look into that (cortisone shot) first. They are amazing (for the right situation)

• Like 1

Ergh. Hamstring. I hadn't experienced a hamstring in HS or college; it happened to me in a social flag football league, playing DB against a guy that was a whole lot faster than he looked. Focking thought I hit a buried power line, that's how bad a shock of electricity that damned thing gave me when it popped. That was the last game I played - 9 years ago. That damned thing took forever to heal.

I've had two similar experiences. One was as a sophomore in college, playing frisbee football, I pulled my, not really sure, psoas? It was right at the top of my leg, a place you couldn't really tape (although the trainers tried, I played baseball at the time). That focker never healed all season, and I was supposed to start in LF that year. I ended up needing to leave the team in the spring to work to make money for college, and never played again. :( Except IM and rec league softball that is.

Second time I was in my twenties, trying a max bench before I had properly warmed up, and I could feel the muscle tearing as I got the bar a few inches off my chest. That was the scariest, and luckily I had a spotter or my corpse may still be stuck there. That took months to heal and, until recently at my gym, I had not benched since, sticking with dumbells.

Now with this hamstring, I've never felt a pop quite like this one. More different than worse if that makes sense, as I was able to work out today. But vs. the slow tear of my pec, this just went BOOM in an explosion I've never felt before.

My wife of course has no sympathy, today at lunch as I explained that I was able to work out she said: "stop calling it a tear, it wasn't a tear. It was more of a strain. It's not like it ripped in two. Get over yourself."

Me: "Thanks for the support honey. While it is true that it didn't rip in half, 'tear' and 'strain' are semantics. The muscle tore some."

• Like 1

I used to lift 6x/week. Like most guys I emphasized bench, and got pretty strong; my 1RM was close to 2X my body weight. But my elbows and shoulders both took a beating from it, and I regret it to this day. I can’t imagine lifting anywhere near what tubby listed, especially in his mid 4o’s.

I also ran almost daily for years, but never have had issues with my leg joints, so I blame the weights.

I also have golfers elbows, probably from bench and curls, though climbing hard doesnt help matters.

After my cortisone shots would begin to wear off...the exercise that I would do that made me realize..."oh-oh" (put the most stress on that tendon) was #1 pullups/latpulls and #2 straight bar curls.

The surgery....was basically...they unattached one end of the tendon that attached to the bone....then SPLIT the tendon in two (laterally/lengthwise) like I dunno...a half into to 2 inches??? Then they RE-ATTACHED the the now 2 smaller strands of tendons back to the bone.

Before surgery...it was so bad...that I could hardly touch my own face to shave or the top of my own head. I could...but its was painstakingly slow and painful.

2 months after the surgery...i thought "What a waste--its not fixed". 3 or 4 months after (I forget)....I thought "Holy sh!t they knew what they were talking about" and it was like I'd never had an elbow problem to begin with.

So other signs of medial epicondilitis (golfers elbow)....wringing out a towel hurts, turning a door handle, opening a pop bottle, etc.

If you've never had cortisone shots...they can be a miracle. Its just I kept doing what I shouldn't have.

So...pre cortisone....horrible pain. I'd get the shot...and 4-5 days later it was like I never had an issue at all. I'd look into that (cortisone shot) first. They are amazing (for the right situation)

I'm just nodding my head while I'm reading your post. When I first injured my left elbow, I felt a 'pop' in there, and it throbbed/was numb for a while. Then it just hurt - but only in certain movements (for instance, I golfed the very next day, and it had nearly no effect).

Then, I flipped a wet towel that I had just cleaned my club with - kinda tossed it like one would throw a frisbee - and I nearly hit the floor in pain. Certain 'twisty' movements absolutely killed. I still feel them, but not nearly as intensely (not bad enough to justify cortisone). For instance, in pool league when I break, that sudden movement of breaking the rack hurts pretty substantially.

Weird injury, and now it's in both elbows.

I'm just nodding my head while I'm reading your post. When I first injured my left elbow, I felt a 'pop' in there, and it throbbed/was numb for a while. Then it just hurt - but only in certain movements (for instance, I golfed the very next day, and it had nearly no effect).

Then, I flipped a wet towel that I had just cleaned my club with - kinda tossed it like one would throw a frisbee - and I nearly hit the floor in pain. Certain 'twisty' movements absolutely killed. I still feel them, but not nearly as intensely (not bad enough to justify cortisone). For instance, in pool league when I break, that sudden movement of breaking the rack hurts pretty substantially.

Weird injury, and now it's in both elbows.

I never heard a pop or time when there was any instant injury. Like I said...first felt the first little "tinge" when doing pullups or latpulls.....then progressively got worse.

The flipping part (not wringing out) on the towel...and breaking in pool...doesn't sound like what I had. Sounds like you tore or partially tore something...and its still in the healing process....hence the reason it is less now than what it was?????

• Like 1

I never heard a pop or time when there was any instant injury. Like I said...first felt the first little "tinge" when doing pullups or latpulls.....then progressively got worse.

The flipping part (not wringing out) on the towel...and breaking in pool...doesn't sound like what I had. Sounds like you tore or partially tore something...and its still in the healing process....hence the reason it is less now than what it was?????

You could be right, but I have it in both elbows now, and when doing dumbbell curls I have to keep the weight at 45˚ Inward in order to prevent it from hurting like a muther. Sounds like exactly what you were describing.

when doing dumbbell curls I have to keep the weight at 45˚ Inward in order to prevent it from hurting like a muther.

Yes....now THAT is golfers elbow to a "T".

Yes....now THAT is golfers elbow to a "T".

It's weird though, because I can golf with no pain at all.

First of all, Id be competing for the bottom of the toughness contest, not the top.

But in my experience, the guys who talk about being tough rarely are. Its the quiet mother focker who says nothing thats the badass.

First of all, Id be competing for the bottom of the toughness contest, not the top.

But in my experience, the guys who talk about being tough rarely are. Its the quiet mother focker who says nothing thats the badass.

• Like 1

A lot of people compare me to Steven Seagal.

Cool. We can add to our collection. We have a fat Sammy Hagar and now a fat Steven Steagall.

GFIAFP won this thread :doublethumbsup:

For those who haven't read the whole thread:

Actually, I wan't so chubby then, and I've always been quick on my feet. Still am. Only one glancing blow was landed, and at that point I started swinging blindly. There was no "Hey, give us your wallet." Or anything, just attacked me. So, the adrenaline kicked in and I calculated, 2 transvestites, attacking me for what reason? Fight for your life! And they ran away. I was relatively unscathed, but for that they got me right in the face with the pepper spray, and I lost my glasses. Woulda been worse if I didn't have glasses on when they sprayed me. Still pretty much blinded right away.

They were black, too so ... 2 black dudes, with pepper spray ... who happened to be wearing pantyhose.

But you tell me. Do I look tough?

https://www.flickr.c...rs/14369536082/

I look short in that pic, but I am 6 foot and 3/4. 215 pounds, 44 years old.

I am not only big, I am fast. Used to be a sprinter in HS. Anchor man on my relay team. Quick twitch muscles, I suck at long distance ... but I am smart too. In other words, I can get away from you, if I want to, but you can't get away from me.

Haven't worked out in a long time, used to be a bicyclist, also studied boxing and various martial arts and used to lift weights.
True story. One of my earliest memories of elementary school. Musta been 1st grade. There was one black kid ... who was probably mixed. He was ... amazingly the best athlete in the school, but also a troublemaker. We'll call him Mike. So, I think it was the first day of school, and we were all lined up, and he was in front of me, using a coin to scrape graffiti on the brick wall. When the teacher came out, she saw it right away and said, "Who did this?" and he instantly pointed to me and said, "It was him!" and I just erupted in anger.

I swung my lunchbox at him, and then started taking off my belt, while Mike ran away. Here's the thing ... even though Mike was considered the best athlete in the school, I was faster than him and I knew it. I chased him down and started whipping him with my belt before some adults broke it up. All through grade school, that guy and I were enemies.

As I remember it, I didn't get in any trouble for that. They knew he was the one that carved an M on the wall.

Anyway, it wasn't until I was about 14 at a track meet where anybody really blew my doors off. I used to run without blocks, slow start but I can catch anyone. Then one day, I raced this dude:

http://en.wikipedia..../Michael_Bates_(American_football)

And I knew right away ... I could never be that fast. If some other dude in Tucson is that fast .... of course he was world class, but I didn't know that. I think I quit the next day.

His personal best in the 100 is like 2 seconds better than mine. It was so unfair ... He was a year older than me, and I go out there and get in the one lane without blocks, my usually cocky self, and he just torched me. I think I still came in second, but the part where I catch up to the guy ahead of me never happened. He was gone.

Mexican kid on a bicycle ....

i was 15/16 ... Mind you I had not really started seriously lifting weights, but I was still fast, and prolly pretty strong for being 165 pounds soaking wet. I was 185 by my senior year. Max bench was like 265. But anyway, I was a sophomore, transfer from the nerd school, punk rock kid, smoking a cig in a parking lot before PE. And this Mexican on a little bmx bike rolls up on me and does a power slide. Sprays me with gravel. I'm like ... whatever, very funny, go on smoking my cig, and he does it again. So, I'm in all these gifted classes, prolly 30 pounds of books in my bacpack, and stand up, sling it over my shoulder and say to this kid, "What, you think you scare me?" and then I saw his vatos pulling up in a lowrider behind him. "Kick his ass wells!" one vato yelled, and I decided to walk away.

Now, there is one extremely effective punch that can be thrown at an opponent behind you. And I knew, as soon as I felt this kids weak glancing blow (attempted rabbit punch), I was gonna hafta turn around and fight. And I did the move. I spun around on one foot, with my backpack full of books on my shoulder, and just full force, BLAM, hit the kid right in the eye, and he went down.

By this time, these vatos were like coming up to defend their boy or whatever, and I got all talkative of course. I remember this stalkier guy came at me, and I was all c'mon ... "you saw what I did to your friend" I remember saying. I had busted all the corpiscles in one eye ... It was pretty bad. All the white of one eye became red. I had some reach on the stalky guy and was able to land a couple jabs .... because at this point, my entire PE class was running over to see WTF the fuss was about. So, I don't want anything to do with it, duck in the crowd and towards the gym, late to dress out ... and security runs past me asking what happened.

And I said, "Dunno, I missed it. looks like those 2 Mexican guys with injuries got in a fight."

Did not have time to dress, show up for PE in my jeans and a leather jacket.

Coach: Spike ... (he used to call me spike because of my spikey hair) ... why aren't you dressed?

Me: Sorry sir. I got in a fight between classes.

Coach: Did you win?

Me: Yes.

Coach: Ok. You are excused for the day then. Good job.

I thought I had just sealed my fate to forever be tormented by the Mexican gangsters that went to my school. Here's the thing ... they were Mexicans from a rival school. Came over to start shiat and I kicked their ass ... so instead I was a hero. Nobody ever focked with me after that.

Especially when I started dating Mexican girls.

I would convert to Mexican, if I could. Be the greatest Mexican poker player, ever.

I have a scar, over my left eyebrow, where a 6 foot 4 black dude nailed me with brass knuckles ... and my response was to wave my hands up like whoa ... let's not fight ... and then I felt the blood trickling down my face. 15 stitches.

I'm hard to knock out, but I got a glass nose.

That dudes name was Sean Williams ... i believe. And he had a missing arm, born that way ... like half a right arm, and apparently ... nobody could fight him because when you get in close he would just wail on you with his stump. He hung out with Mario Bates, and other not good people, that came up in Tucson while I was there. Notorious. Went to Amphi ... notorious bad ass street fighter. We used to call him, of course the One Armed Bandit.

Years later, I got a temporary gig ... and went to lunch with the guy. The whole time I am unsure of if he remembers our fight. Here's how big and strong he is, his job was to move heavy equipment for a production. Unload the truck. Yeah, and he has 1 1/2 arms.

So, just to test him ... during lunch I brought up football, and said, "Shame about Mario Bates going to ASU , huh?" and he just nodded and didn't say anything.

I know he is friends with Mario. So, I dunno if that means he knew who I was, or not. He changed the subject.

And that's why I knew Mario Bates was a DND from day 1. He's a thug.

His older brothers, are my extended friends, and are good people ... but Mario ... He thought he was too good for Tucson ... wanna live the thug life ... that never ends well. Unless you can play some serious poker, like me.

On the other hand, I happen to know ... Ka'deem is something special. And so is Nick Foles .... But SHHHHH!

Foles was drafted the same year as Luck and I called him, "The most Pro ready QB" in that draft, and people laughed at me. He's the real deal. Those of you that listened to my dynasty advice on Foles last year are ahead of the game. Besides Manning and Easy Breezey ... i want Foles in a redraft this year.

Foles might make some people stars.

rue story ... U of A had some QB competition ... i believe the starters name was Matt Scott ... talented kid, kinda got screwed. Had some weapons. Gronk, Criner.

Anyway, I am sitting there watching the game with my Dad ... and Scott was hurt. Foles throws the ball .... and it was just like flawless mechanics. And I said to my Dad, "Did you see that?" and he said, "What ... It was like a 12 yard catch?" and I said, "No, did you see how that kid threw the ball?"

Dad: no.

Me: That kid could play in the NFL right now.

He quickly became the starter.

That kid ... Is Nick Foles.

When your natural mechanics meet optimal movements already ... it's easy.

Will Luck be better in the long run? We'll see. Will the Arizona Cardinals regret not drafting Nick Foles when they had the chance? No doubt.

That's what I do ... that's what I am an expert at ... i size people up. That's why I have always been good at live poker, is I can read people. Saw a guy once look at his hand, shake his head, and throw his money in ... and I knew he had a Monster. QQ turns out it was. Looked at it, shook his head in an effort to throw off observant players such as myself ... BUT ... I knew he was acting. I knew, he had a monster there. Seen it so many times.

"Oh well, might as well put all my money in now." saw it today and he had aces.

And I said to the guy, "That's about what I figured." as I shoved all my chips in with a four flush .... but brick, brick ... i never hit draws.

He cashed out soon afterwards. I woulda tried to take it all from him in one hand, if I could ... and he knew it.

So ... don't try and bluff about how tuff you are. If you lie, I will know.

So, this one was not quite a coinflip. He had the Ad ... still I can figure my chances at about 35% and once i re-raised him, I hafta call. Pot odds.

Had I won that hand, I would have run $120 into over $1k in 2 hours playing 1/2. That would not break my $1300 before lunch while in Vegas, but that was 2/5. That would be a record sesh for me at 1/2 though.

It's interesting, because ... its all regs. Almost, this time of year. i know half the people at the table. But no more mr nice guy. I don't care if you are my friend, I will bluff you on the poker table if I can. My goal is to train people, every time I raise preflop, just fold. If I raise preflop, about the worst hand you can put me on is KQ suited, most of the time. I do not mess with ace rag.

I had a guy, was so sure I had flopped a bigger set, when I flopped 2 pair ... He folded. I had 10, J and he said he folded 44 on a 10, J 4 flop.

I bet, he raised, I shoved. He said, "Really, I finally flop a set and you got a bigger one?" and I quickly responded, "You got pocket fours! Wow." and then went silent. i raised preflop (10,J suited) so he believed I had a bigger set and folded. He didn't show, but I believe he folded bottom set. i was like ... "wow ... Dude ... Did you really lay down a set there? Table change man ...I'm not gonna get any money from you."

That's what convinced him.

How you feel about AK off or 55? 10, J suited has a very similar value preflop.

I may be wrong here, but that would be that hand that loses the most value, unsuited. 10,J. Suited ... It's a good hand. The math says.

Matter of fact, if my opponent had played ak of diamonds the same way earlierr when he had aces, I would have sucked out with a 10 on the river.

Needed a diamond, for a 1k score. Put the fear of God into that kid too. $200 is a lot of money.

Damn, but I miss our Adam. :(

He's got a few screws loose. I wonder what he's up to.

He's got a few screws loose. I wonder what he's up to.

About 215, weren't you reading?

• Like 1

For those who haven't read the whole thread:

Actually, I wan't so chubby then, and I've always been quick on my feet. Still am. Only one glancing blow was landed, and at that point I started swinging blindly. There was no "Hey, give us your wallet." Or anything, just attacked me. So, the adrenaline kicked in and I calculated, 2 transvestites, attacking me for what reason? Fight for your life! And they ran away. I was relatively unscathed, but for that they got me right in the face with the pepper spray, and I lost my glasses. Woulda been worse if I didn't have glasses on when they sprayed me. Still pretty much blinded right away.

They were black, too so ... 2 black dudes, with pepper spray ... who happened to be wearing pantyhose.

But you tell me. Do I look tough?

https://www.flickr.c...rs/14369536082/

I look short in that pic, but I am 6 foot and 3/4. 215 pounds, 44 years old.

I am not only big, I am fast. Used to be a sprinter in HS. Anchor man on my relay team. Quick twitch muscles, I suck at long distance ... but I am smart too. In other words, I can get away from you, if I want to, but you can't get away from me.

Haven't worked out in a long time, used to be a bicyclist, also studied boxing and various martial arts and used to lift weights.

True story. One of my earliest memories of elementary school. Musta been 1st grade. There was one black kid ... who was probably mixed. He was ... amazingly the best athlete in the school, but also a troublemaker. We'll call him Mike. So, I think it was the first day of school, and we were all lined up, and he was in front of me, using a coin to scrape graffiti on the brick wall. When the teacher came out, she saw it right away and said, "Who did this?" and he instantly pointed to me and said, "It was him!" and I just erupted in anger.

I swung my lunchbox at him, and then started taking off my belt, while Mike ran away. Here's the thing ... even though Mike was considered the best athlete in the school, I was faster than him and I knew it. I chased him down and started whipping him with my belt before some adults broke it up. All through grade school, that guy and I were enemies.

As I remember it, I didn't get in any trouble for that. They knew he was the one that carved an M on the wall.

Anyway, it wasn't until I was about 14 at a track meet where anybody really blew my doors off. I used to run without blocks, slow start but I can catch anyone. Then one day, I raced this dude:

http://en.wikipedia..../Michael_Bates_(American_football)

And I knew right away ... I could never be that fast. If some other dude in Tucson is that fast .... of course he was world class, but I didn't know that. I think I quit the next day.

His personal best in the 100 is like 2 seconds better than mine. It was so unfair ... He was a year older than me, and I go out there and get in the one lane without blocks, my usually cocky self, and he just torched me. I think I still came in second, but the part where I catch up to the guy ahead of me never happened. He was gone.

Mexican kid on a bicycle ....

i was 15/16 ... Mind you I had not really started seriously lifting weights, but I was still fast, and prolly pretty strong for being 165 pounds soaking wet. I was 185 by my senior year. Max bench was like 265. But anyway, I was a sophomore, transfer from the nerd school, punk rock kid, smoking a cig in a parking lot before PE. And this Mexican on a little bmx bike rolls up on me and does a power slide. Sprays me with gravel. I'm like ... whatever, very funny, go on smoking my cig, and he does it again. So, I'm in all these gifted classes, prolly 30 pounds of books in my bacpack, and stand up, sling it over my shoulder and say to this kid, "What, you think you scare me?" and then I saw his vatos pulling up in a lowrider behind him. "Kick his ass wells!" one vato yelled, and I decided to walk away.

Now, there is one extremely effective punch that can be thrown at an opponent behind you. And I knew, as soon as I felt this kids weak glancing blow (attempted rabbit punch), I was gonna hafta turn around and fight. And I did the move. I spun around on one foot, with my backpack full of books on my shoulder, and just full force, BLAM, hit the kid right in the eye, and he went down.

By this time, these vatos were like coming up to defend their boy or whatever, and I got all talkative of course. I remember this stalkier guy came at me, and I was all c'mon ... "you saw what I did to your friend" I remember saying. I had busted all the corpiscles in one eye ... It was pretty bad. All the white of one eye became red. I had some reach on the stalky guy and was able to land a couple jabs .... because at this point, my entire PE class was running over to see WTF the fuss was about. So, I don't want anything to do with it, duck in the crowd and towards the gym, late to dress out ... and security runs past me asking what happened.

And I said, "Dunno, I missed it. looks like those 2 Mexican guys with injuries got in a fight."

Did not have time to dress, show up for PE in my jeans and a leather jacket.

Coach: Spike ... (he used to call me spike because of my spikey hair) ... why aren't you dressed?

Me: Sorry sir. I got in a fight between classes.

Coach: Did you win?

Me: Yes.

Coach: Ok. You are excused for the day then. Good job.

I thought I had just sealed my fate to forever be tormented by the Mexican gangsters that went to my school. Here's the thing ... they were Mexicans from a rival school. Came over to start shiat and I kicked their ass ... so instead I was a hero. Nobody ever focked with me after that.

Especially when I started dating Mexican girls.

I would convert to Mexican, if I could. Be the greatest Mexican poker player, ever.

I have a scar, over my left eyebrow, where a 6 foot 4 black dude nailed me with brass knuckles ... and my response was to wave my hands up like whoa ... let's not fight ... and then I felt the blood trickling down my face. 15 stitches.

I'm hard to knock out, but I got a glass nose.

That dudes name was Sean Williams ... i believe. And he had a missing arm, born that way ... like half a right arm, and apparently ... nobody could fight him because when you get in close he would just wail on you with his stump. He hung out with Mario Bates, and other not good people, that came up in Tucson while I was there. Notorious. Went to Amphi ... notorious bad ass street fighter. We used to call him, of course the One Armed Bandit.

Years later, I got a temporary gig ... and went to lunch with the guy. The whole time I am unsure of if he remembers our fight. Here's how big and strong he is, his job was to move heavy equipment for a production. Unload the truck. Yeah, and he has 1 1/2 arms.

So, just to test him ... during lunch I brought up football, and said, "Shame about Mario Bates going to ASU , huh?" and he just nodded and didn't say anything.

I know he is friends with Mario. So, I dunno if that means he knew who I was, or not. He changed the subject.

And that's why I knew Mario Bates was a DND from day 1. He's a thug.

His older brothers, are my extended friends, and are good people ... but Mario ... He thought he was too good for Tucson ... wanna live the thug life ... that never ends well. Unless you can play some serious poker, like me.

On the other hand, I happen to know ... Ka'deem is something special. And so is Nick Foles .... But SHHHHH!

Foles was drafted the same year as Luck and I called him, "The most Pro ready QB" in that draft, and people laughed at me. He's the real deal. Those of you that listened to my dynasty advice on Foles last year are ahead of the game. Besides Manning and Easy Breezey ... i want Foles in a redraft this year.

Foles might make some people stars.

rue story ... U of A had some QB competition ... i believe the starters name was Matt Scott ... talented kid, kinda got screwed. Had some weapons. Gronk, Criner.

Anyway, I am sitting there watching the game with my Dad ... and Scott was hurt. Foles throws the ball .... and it was just like flawless mechanics. And I said to my Dad, "Did you see that?" and he said, "What ... It was like a 12 yard catch?" and I said, "No, did you see how that kid threw the ball?"

Dad: no.

Me: That kid could play in the NFL right now.

He quickly became the starter.

That kid ... Is Nick Foles.

When your natural mechanics meet optimal movements already ... it's easy.

Will Luck be better in the long run? We'll see. Will the Arizona Cardinals regret not drafting Nick Foles when they had the chance? No doubt.

That's what I do ... that's what I am an expert at ... i size people up. That's why I have always been good at live poker, is I can read people. Saw a guy once look at his hand, shake his head, and throw his money in ... and I knew he had a Monster. QQ turns out it was. Looked at it, shook his head in an effort to throw off observant players such as myself ... BUT ... I knew he was acting. I knew, he had a monster there. Seen it so many times.

"Oh well, might as well put all my money in now." saw it today and he had aces.

And I said to the guy, "That's about what I figured." as I shoved all my chips in with a four flush .... but brick, brick ... i never hit draws.

He cashed out soon afterwards. I woulda tried to take it all from him in one hand, if I could ... and he knew it.

So ... don't try and bluff about how tuff you are. If you lie, I will know.

So, this one was not quite a coinflip. He had the Ad ... still I can figure my chances at about 35% and once i re-raised him, I hafta call. Pot odds.

Had I won that hand, I would have run $120 into over $1k in 2 hours playing 1/2. That would not break my $1300 before lunch while in Vegas, but that was 2/5. That would be a record sesh for me at 1/2 though.

It's interesting, because ... its all regs. Almost, this time of year. i know half the people at the table. But no more mr nice guy. I don't care if you are my friend, I will bluff you on the poker table if I can. My goal is to train people, every time I raise preflop, just fold. If I raise preflop, about the worst hand you can put me on is KQ suited, most of the time. I do not mess with ace rag.

I had a guy, was so sure I had flopped a bigger set, when I flopped 2 pair ... He folded. I had 10, J and he said he folded 44 on a 10, J 4 flop.

I bet, he raised, I shoved. He said, "Really, I finally flop a set and you got a bigger one?" and I quickly responded, "You got pocket fours! Wow." and then went silent. i raised preflop (10,J suited) so he believed I had a bigger set and folded. He didn't show, but I believe he folded bottom set. i was like ... "wow ... Dude ... Did you really lay down a set there? Table change man ...I'm not gonna get any money from you."

That's what convinced him.

How you feel about AK off or 55? 10, J suited has a very similar value preflop.

I may be wrong here, but that would be that hand that loses the most value, unsuited. 10,J. Suited ... It's a good hand. The math says.

Matter of fact, if my opponent had played ak of diamonds the same way earlierr when he had aces, I would have sucked out with a 10 on the river.

Needed a diamond, for a 1k score. Put the fear of God into that kid too. $200 is a lot of money.

:shocking: :bench: :walkman:

Newbie.

The guy said he was a workout junkie and dabbled in martial arts.

If by "dabbled in martial arts" you mean "watched Bloodsport," then I agree. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Newbie.

The guy said he was a workout junkie and dabbled in martial arts.

YOU'RE Newbie, FFS. Anyone paying attention knew it right away. Da fuq outta here.

I could beat up Gary. Maybe. He's feisty these days.

Gary has his amateur Fight Club involvement as well as that biker beard to add to his tough guy credentials but the guy's still disabled.

Gary has his amateur Fight Club involvement as well as that biker beard to add to his tough guy credentials but the guy's still disabled.

He may have retard strength :dunno:

I could beat up 200 toddlers at once

For most of my time over here, I taught kindergarten and this would be very easy, Even an irate 5 year old going busto on the warpath, the entire problem involves handling them gently and kindly without losing your composure. Take off the professional shackles and even with 200 of those punks, it'd be a Terminator movie.

I think though if I were at the bottom of a 10x10 foot pit and you dumped 200 kids on top of me, I'm not confident that I could climb my way out of them to the surface.

For most of my time over here, I taught kindergarten and this would be very easy, Even an irate 5 year old going busto on the warpath, the entire problem involves handling them gently and kindly without losing your composure. Take off the professional shackles and even with 200 of those punks, it'd be a Terminator movie.

I think though if I were at the bottom of a 10x10 foot pit and you dumped 200 kids on top of me, I'm not confident that I could climb my way out of them to the surface.

I'd be worried about getting tired. 200 is a lot of punches/kicks. And it might take more than 1 punch/kick.

Also, your fists/legs/feet will get sore.

I'd be worried about getting tired. 200 is a lot of punches/kicks. And it might take more than 1 punch/kick.

Also, your fists/legs/feet will get sore.

That's a good point too. I was never a boxer but I did spar with my friends in the basement on enough occasions to know it doesn't take long before it gets really hard just to keep your hands up.

Still, with 100 kids, I think I could kick my entire school's ass twice over.

We should probably revisit this since it's been over 11 years.

Yeah, our totals would probably be much lower now due to our bad elbows and trick knees and such. :(