Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Last minute thoughts on Andre Ellington?

This blows. I started off not liking him much. Watched a few FF shows & read some things and it changed my mind about drafting him.

Wish I woulda listened to my gut feelings that I had almost all summer & most of the preseason.

I thought I was sitting pretty when he was there for me with my first pick in a keep-3 league. Somewhat amusing that of the three guys I was looking at there--him, Bush, and Mathews--that Ellington was the one to break himself before the season even started.

So who's the guy to get? Dwyer is next up on the pecking order, but he sucks. Stepfan Taylor?

I look at it this way: if Dwyer so easily won the backup role in the preseason, Taylor must *really* suck.

I grabbed him in both my leagues. It's not that he's out for a while that kills me. It's that when he comes back I really doubt they unleash him with most of the workload, which was the plan. This screws him out of all that value. Unreal.

- I have a feeling the player who will lead Arizona in rushing this year is not on their current roster.

moves, baby ... they gonna make some

- I have a feeling the player who will lead Arizona in rushing this year is not on their current roster.

moves, baby ... they gonna make some

I don't think they'll do much other than pick up a free agent if Ellington is out for a few weeks. That's why teams have backups. If he suddenly misses the whole year, maybe it's a different story.

Wondering who to drop between Reuben Randle, M. Wheaton and Carlos Hyde to pick up Dwyer. I'm reluctant to drop Hyde because I also have Lacy and my RB depth is getting ugly really quick

All those people dead set on wr-wr because ellington was a top 10 back available in the 3rd....

With the week 4 bye I think we can expect him to stay out until at least week 5. After that the dream of the "workhorse" back is dead. I'm calling this "run him until he pukes" part two.

All those people dead set on wr-wr because ellington was a top 10 back available in the 3rd....

All I can say is thank Odin for Fred Jackson in the 7th round and Doug Marrone as his semi-incompetent head coach. Run strong, old fella.

Wondering who to drop between Reuben Randle, M. Wheaton and Carlos Hyde to pick up Dwyer. I'm reluctant to drop Hyde because I also have Lacy and my RB depth is getting ugly really quick

I think you'd be crazy to drop any of those guys for Dwyer.

I think you'd be crazy to drop any of those guys Dwyer.

I dunno, Dwyer has bell cow appeal. Goal line appeal too.

I'm dropping Knile Davis for him if it clears waivers.

Are we SURE that Stepfan Taylor won't have a pretty big role - if not be the lead back?

Nobody is sure, but all odds are that it's Dwyer, who also has decent hands.

Ian Rapoport reports he might still go this week. Injury might not be as serious as speculated.

On #Cardinals RB Andre Ellington (foot), who had an MRI last night: First prescription is rest. He’s hopeful. Still a chance he plays on MNF

Ok. Feeling a little bit better anyway. If he doesn't play this week, it seems as though he should play next. Unfortunately though, there's no way they'll just keep feeding him the rock though now. If he does play, the cardinals will prolly take it easy on him.

"Ellington was plagued by the issue for weeks now, according to the report. He's also had foot issues in the past, especially at Clemson."

So this isn't something new. Going to be an interesting season for Ellington.

Might be time to man up and gut it out....in the NFL, you only get so many chances.

I love every reporter in the world is speculating like crazy, amd thenMRI results are not released yet. I'll wait for the MRI results before feeling good about anything.

"Ellington was plagued by the issue for weeks now, according to the report. He's also had foot issues in the past, especially at Clemson."

So this isn't something new. Going to be an interesting season for Ellington.

Might be time to man up and gut it out....in the NFL, you only get so many chances.

Maybe. But when your game is built on speed and elusiveness, gutting it out on a foot injury isn't exactly helping you or the team....or my fantasy team which is all that really matters.

Dude is benched for me until I see how he's gonna be used.

I love fantasy football.

Well, my opponent this week has Ellington, so I am hopeful. Of course, to make it even better, he never handcuffed Ellington, so I grabbed Dwyer for the block. :banana:

• Like 2

Grabbed Dwyer in a bunch of leagues. Hopefully I can flip him or maybe he'll be a fill in for fragile lacy.

• Like 1

Now reading Taylor was taking 1st team reps. This is a nightmare if u have ellington. Grabbed dwyer but of course didnt get Taylor. :wall: :wall:

Now reading Taylor was taking 1st team reps. This is a nightmare if u have ellington. Grabbed dwyer but of course didnt get Taylor. :wall: :wall:

I forget where I read it (likely Rotoworld), but Stepfan looked like he didn't even belong on an NFL roster. I grabbed Dwyer in both my leagues, and am glad. I drafted Lacy in both leagues...

"Hello, Doug Whaley? This is Steve Keim of the Arizona Cardinals. Let's talk about CJ Spiller."

First thing I thought too upon hearing the news. It is a move that makes sense; Buffalo seems to be begging someone to take Spiller of their hands the way they are (mis)using Spiller.

Another interesting move for the Cards would be to trade for McFadden. He is on a one year deal with Oakland and could be had for cheap, as MJD seems to be lead dog out there and Murray would be fine as a #2.

Well, my opponent this week has Ellington, so I am hopeful. Of course, to make it even better, he never handcuffed Ellington, so I grabbed Dwyer for the block. :banana:

Well done, injury vulture. Well done. :thumbsup: