Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Last minute thoughts on Andre Ellington?

That was my ASSumption based on what Bruce Arians said. If the injury is significant, the Cardinals are required to release the result of the MRI.

This is based on what Bruce Arians said today, this has the look of a 1-2 week injury. I personally would love for him to sit out for 2 weeks and come back full throttle.

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/videos/Bruce-Arians-updates-Andre-Ellingtons-status/bc2e7046-2658-4f10-9d63-036b202d78ce

• Like 1

I'm with Skinny ! Sit Ellington for acouple weeks and get as healthy as possible. I rather not have a situation like Spiller last year playing and struggling through a ankle injury.

Good luck !

From Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that he and colleague Chris Mortensen are getting a "negative vibe" about Andre Ellington's (questionable, foot) odds of playing in Monday night's opener against San Diego.

"The vibe we're getting is negative," said Schefter. "We'd be surprised to see him out there Monday night." Reports out of Arizona have been negative as well. We'd advise to lean on safer options in Sunday games as opposed to "waiting" to see whether Ellington is active against the Bolts. If Ellington does not play, Jonathan Dwyer will be the lead back in front of Stepfan Taylor.

I don't have the luxury of waiting to hear more tomorrow. Rolling with Fjax over Ellington. Moved Keenan Allen to my flex though so I have the option to choose between him and Ellington monday if need be (though I doubt I will be making that swap).

From Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that he and colleague Chris Mortensen are getting a "negative vibe" about Andre Ellington's (questionable, foot) odds of playing in Monday night's opener against San Diego.

"The vibe we're getting is negative," said Schefter. "We'd be surprised to see him out there Monday night." Reports out of Arizona have been negative as well. We'd advise to lean on safer options in Sunday games as opposed to "waiting" to see whether Ellington is active against the Bolts. If Ellington does not play, Jonathan Dwyer will be the lead back in front of Stepfan Taylor.

I don't have the luxury of waiting to hear more tomorrow. Rolling with Fjax over Ellington. Moved Keenan Allen to my flex though so I have the option to choose between him and Ellington monday if need be (though I doubt I will be making that swap).

I'm doing the exact same thing. Hope we're right!

Anyone playing Ellington after all that has come out this week is either crazy or only has 3 running backs on their roster.

Anyone playing Ellington after all that has come out this week is either crazy or only has 3 running backs on their roster.

:wave:

Both for me actually. I have Dwyer too so I can fall back with him if needed. My only option with the wife beater being out :mad:

I still have Ellington plugged in, but more out of my indecision on whether to trust Dwyer or go with Woodhead.

Got him in a Fan Duel contest. I'm in first place for a $1500 pay day with Ellington and Cruz still to go. I think I'm going to get screwed over - I'd love 8 to 10 touches

My team now includes Ellington, Rice and Cam. :doh:

First year I've ever felt like it's over Week 1. :cry:

His foot will never be perfect. Run him. Cortisone shot before each game until the foot comes off.

His foot will never be perfect. Run him. Cortisone shot before each game until the foot comes off.

i think there's a lot of truth in this take right here.

with that said, i did sit him this wk. it's my hope he doesn't play this wk and plausably benefits from a wk off.

My team now includes Ellington, Rice and Cam. :doh:

First year I've ever felt like it's over Week 1. :cry:

:cheers: I feel your pain. That's my situation as well. Can't recall a year anything like this cluster f###. This is going to be a lot of work trying to turn this turd of a team into something competitive.

:cheers: I feel your pain. That's my situation as well. Can't recall a year anything like this cluster f###. This is going to be a lot of work trying to turn this turd of a team into something competitive.

I plan to wait a few weeks then blow my entire waiver budget on the best looking prospect out there. Might as well go down swinging. :lol:

Got him in a Fan Duel contest. I'm in first place for a $1500 pay day with Ellington and Cruz still to go. I think I'm going to get screwed over - I'd love 8 to 10 touches

good luck dude!

Andre tweeted - "I thank God for these blessings" - WTF does that mean? I guess he's playing :dunno:

Ellington is active tonight. Wild. I already got stomped in the league where I have him, but I'll be watching to see how he looks.

I've never seen such a weird turn of events for one player in a week before. Not practicing...out 4 to 6 weeks...half reports state injury is not serious, other half say injury very serious...back to practice on Friday...but he actually doesn't practice...active for MNF.

I've never seen such a weird turn of events for one player in a week before. Not practicing...out 4 to 6 weeks...half reports state injury is not serious, other half say injury very serious...back to practice on Friday...but he actually doesn't practice...active for MNF.

I think that you had a bunch of people "stating sources" and it was really just an echo chamber. After one reporter had "a source" they all had "a source". As an Ellington owner I'd much rather have him sit this one out and kick his heals up. Ball So Hard already has this game on lock down.

Really wish he was sitting. Heal up completely. It'll suck bad if he hurts it worse.

The problem is, this allows the mess of a full blown committee to be born. He only had one shot at this and he facked it all up by complaining about the foot.

I drafted him in both leagues and it's now a total wreck before the first snap. They will not let this guy take over now.

The problem is, this allows the mess of a full blown committee to be born. He only had one shot at this and he facked it all up by complaining about the foot.

I drafted him in both leagues and it's now a total wreck before the first snap. They will not let this guy take over now.

I drafted him in 2 leagues myself, against my better judgement, thinking he's the main guy. Now with this injury...short lease and RBBC in the making.

He's looked quite nice on his carries so far, not at all tentative, but that fumble was pretty bad. Hopefully Arians has some patience with him.

Andre Ellington (foot) admitted he was not at 100 percent in Monday's win over the Chargers.

Ellington revealed that he didn't run at all in the days leading up to the game after injuring his left foot during Thursday's practice. Instead of putting a boot on it and resting for 2-3 weeks, he decided to play through the pain. "I had some quickness going from right to left, but it was a little harder going from left to right," he said after finishing with 18 touches for 80 yards. The production wasn't terrible, but we did not see the explosive jets and jukes Ellington flashed last year. It's unclear if he can get back to 100 percent while playing through this small tear in his peroneus longus. The good news is the Cardinals' bye is in Week 4.

Wish they would rest him. Still, if he plays, i'll be playing him next week against the Gmen

You can tell he lost some burst and cutting abilities in this game.

I saw a few of his games last season and he has incredible lateral movement. Only saw some of it yesterday.

I have to give the kid props for wanting to be out there to help his team. And happy to see him playing as an AE owner in both of my leagues. I did bench him in favor of Danny "no points" Woodhead (still won!!).

Glad to see my #3rb is good. Now for Eddie LAcy to recover real quick.

Had him on my bench. Rolled w lacy Tate and Toby. Nothing like stacking your team w 4 high touch rbs and they all show up on the week one injury report

Leads the league with 15+ yard runs (4) with a bum foot.

Anyone "EXCITED" to see what he does after the bye (week 4)?

BA seems to be sticking to his preseason words by feeding the kid 18-20 touches a game despite the injury.

Can we expect the Dwyer situation to benefit Ellington?

it benefits Taylor. period.

Duke still with a bum wheel, don't go expecting 25 touches.

Leads the league with 15+ yard runs (4) with a bum foot.

Anyone "EXCITED" to see what he does after the bye (week 4)?

BA seems to be sticking to his preseason words by feeding the kid 18-20 touches a game despite the injury.

I've dangled pretty much every other RB on my roster in trade offers but I'm not willing to part with Ellington because I see some huge games later in the season. Not too excited about this weekend, then the bye, then Denver.....so the next few weeks are gonna be tough. After that, I think he flirts with RB1 numbers.

is he a good start at SF this week?!? I've got B. Pierce and Bradshaw, thinking bout both over him. It's a TD heavy(ish) league( 1 pt for 20 yards rushing/receiving, no partials either!) and no ppr. I like his game and think he'll be a yardage monster but am concerned with his TD production...and Bradshaw is an endzone hog, smells it from anywhere on the field...Pierce is whatever, but I think he'll gash Cleveland pretty good...