Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Cordarelle Patterson is droppable right?

Well he's not the number 1 so far on the team, that is Jennings. Also, this is where fantasy experts need to shut up like Fabiano. Fantasy experts, especially this year have hurt supposedly breakout players more than helped. Every defense on the NFL planet knew about Patterson and Ball before the season started and they have emphasized on stopping him.

Well he's not the number 1 so far on the team, that is Jennings. Also, this is where fantasy experts need to shut up like Fabiano. Fantasy experts, especially this year have hurt supposedly breakout players more than helped. Every defense on the NFL planet knew about Patterson and Ball before the season started and they have emphasized on stopping him.

Like they wouldn't have known about Patterson's big play potential if it weren't for fantasy football experts :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt coaches and defensive coordinators watch fantasy live or listen to fantasy podcasts to find out what players to game plan to stop or limit.

Omg... if you looks at his numbers from the second half of last season, his receiving numbers are pedestrian and his value was built on explosive runs for touchdowns (which I believe the threat of AP helped create). Also, his perceived value was based on how explosive he is with the ball in his hands in space (mainly as a kick returner). I've heard some reports this year saying "he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer", which I interpret to mean he struggles at the nuances of the wide receiver position at this point in his career.

Two thoughts.

1. Wright. Don't you imagine that Bridgewater got a chance to throw a ton to Wright leading up to week 4.

Will be interesting to see what happens on Thursday. Not likely to change much in a short week.

2. Is the move not to use as a RB to save him. Or to focus more on McKinnon.

Put thing in perspective on Patterson

I have him in a league where I need to upgrade my rb/wr situation.

(mccoy/sprole and marshall injury are killing me.)

Today I would keep him over the following

Pierce

Wheaton (I dropped for DeAndre Hopkins)

DJax

Chris Johnson

How is that for perspective.

He is raw as a route runner. But exllosive. Gordon wasn't the most polished route runner and he worked out with norv. So I'm a little bit unsure. The rotating qbs hasn't helped but Gordon excelled with various guys at the position. The loss of peterson hurts a bit but patterson was most productive last year without him.

He's not going to catch 8 or 9 balls a game but my best guess is he will improve. They need to work him more on short slants and let him gain YAC. S3nd him deep once or twice a game. Couple runs.

We will see. I wouldn't sell low. Wouldn't buy low either. He's a hold

I've decided tomorrow's game will be my last straw with him. if he has another mediocre 4-55-0 type game with 1 or less carries I don't see how he's worth holding onto. i'll never use him over guys like Wallace, roddy, or now Hopkins. would rather have a RB lottery ticket on my bench than a totally unreliable wr on a middling run-first injury-plagued offense.

He is due for a big game. Im starting him where i have him.

The Packers have given up the 5th fewest passing yards this season. I am starting Vereen over him in my flex.

I've decided tomorrow's game will be my last straw with him. if he has another mediocre 4-55-0 type game with 1 or less carries I don't see how he's worth holding onto. i'll never use him over guys like Wallace, roddy, or now Hopkins. would rather have a RB lottery ticket on my bench than a totally unreliable wr on a middling run-first injury-plagued offense.

This is how I see it too

I've finally come to the realization that I most likely blew this pick. I'm benching him for Michael Floyd moving forward - he's too bang or bust for my liking.

I have cp in a return league. Does the rain at Green bay give him more of an advantage and make him even more deadlier on returns?

Some guru at ESPN was pimpin' him as the next coming of Josh Gordon.

Maybe....but he's gonna have to get cookin' pretty quick.

Hmm, maybe he can save himself today and be a sneaky flex play

And maybe GB scores lots of times, meaning more return opportunites for him as well.

Im thinking the only value he has is to trade him. If you drop him you will miss it when he has a fluke good game and it will assuredly be against you when your opponent picks him up, but hes not really startable. Do whatever it takes to trade him for anyone of any value. TY hilton, Wayne, taliafero, anyone who could fill in on a bye week.

The Packers have given up the 5th fewest passing yards this season. I am starting Vereen over him in my flex.

I should also add that every team i have sucks dlck so its not like i have some good alternative. I think teams have run on gb so much that they dont need to pass. The bears threw on them pretty easy. The two picks were a terrible decision by cutler and marshall running the wrong route.

Pattersons value is also tied to him getting a few carries, though norv turner seems too stupid to realize this. My twisted logic is the pack are going to get their points, the vikes had better get their play maker the ball if they want a chance.

The only thing that concerns me is the weather.

It favors him. Matt Elam losing his jock in the snow at the 1:39 mark:

Was that my man toby looking explosive??!!! Toooooobbbbbbhyyyyyy!!!!!

I am throwing him out there tonight. Figure with the QB issues they might give him some easy catches around the LOS plus run plays and hope he can make a play.

I grabbed him in most leagues and buying low in one I don't have him. Dreams don't die in week 4.

Except the Justin Hunter dream. And the Toby G dream. Those are dead.

Toby.. I was sure you could be something...

I traded his a$$ this afternoon. First I moved montee ball for Jennings and t-rich then I moved t-rich and CP for green and gerhart. I needed to make some moves, hopefully they work out

MIRV turner should be getting him 10 touches a game bubble screens slot passes etc

He's become Mike Wallace. Just wait, he gets dropped and then the QB will start forcing the ball to him.

Yep, I wasted this pick. Thank goodness for 3-0-1 though and getting the right matchups. Also thank goodness for Kelce helping out as well.

I seriously doubt coaches and defensive coordinators watch fantasy live or listen to fantasy podcasts to find out what players to game plan to stop or limit.

He is not the main receiver on the depth chart, it is Jennings. Yet DC's are putting their corners on CP because of a small sample size late last year. He's drawn Jenkins, Revis, Lewis, and Shields so far this season additionally which has helped out Jennings against three of those teams. The one game he had a easier matchup, Trufant, he does not get the targets. Sadly none of the other receivers late fourth stood out or even the RBs so 4th and 5th have become crapshoot rounds.

Given his owner shockingly started him for this game with the QB out, and he got less than 2 points...i think he's droppable. There are serviceable WR on the waivers in most leagues. It's more of a QB issue than a WR issue, but he's just not being targeted.

I benched him this week. I'm not starting him until he has a 6 catch game. May never happen.

He is pretty unreliable because he can't do much except catch a quick pass behind the line of scrimmage and try to break that first mans tackle.

He is pretty unreliable because he can't do much except catch a quick pass behind the line of scrimmage and try to break that first mans tackle.

Yes this is true to an extent and should have been considered when drafting him. The problem is that Norv came to town and apparently felt that getting him the ball in creative ways was a waste of time, even though it proved to be successful last year.

He needs carries and under the defense catches. I started him this game because i figured GB would be out to a nice leading, giving Minn little choice but to give their best play maker the ball. Well Norv didnt even come close to designing anything for patterson.

I think it speaks volumes to Norvs idiocy that he cant comprehend pattersons talent. Norv has basically made him a conventional receiver, which patterson is most certainly not.

Yes this is true to an extent and should have been considered when drafting him. The problem is that Norv came to town and apparently felt that getting him the ball in creative ways was a waste of time, even though it proved to be successful last year.

He needs carries and under the defense catches. I started him this game because i figured GB would be out to a nice leading, giving Minn little choice but to give their best play maker the ball. Well Norv didnt even come close to designing anything for patterson.

I think it speaks volumes to Norvs idiocy that he cant comprehend pattersons talent. Norv has basically made him a conventional receiver, which patterson is most certainly not.

Yep, it's Norv. You can tell because he's never had a reputation or track record as a creative offensive mind, while Patterson has displayed premier ability as a WR and guy who can find ways to utilize his speed and skill set to get open.

Did you even watch what DBs did with him last night? He's clueless. Increasingly convinced that he got his big play oppportunities last year... and let's be honest, a few big plays over the course of a season started this hype train... due to being something of a surprise to coordinators on a team that was going nowhere.

Great athlete. Great return guy. At this stage in his career, nothing else other than a gadget guy.

Who are people dropping him for and, if so, why are those people so stupid?

I have never had my opinion of a player shift so quickly. I jumped to trade away Asiata for Patterson (I was deep @ RB anyway), but now I'm feeling like I did the stupid.

I have Josh Gordon waiting in the wings, and now I also have Marvin Jones and Patterson. If I had to dump one of them for a premium waiver wire add, I can't say at this point that it wouldn't be Patterson. He has been the suck.

I have never had my opinion of a player shift so quickly. I jumped to trade away Asiata for Patterson (I was deep @ RB anyway), but now I'm feeling like I did the stupid.

I have Josh Gordon waiting in the wings, and now I also have Marvin Jones and Patterson. If I had to dump one of them for a premium waiver wire add, I can't say at this point that it wouldn't be Patterson. He has been the suck.

It's week 5. I would have made that trade too.