Sign in to follow this  
lesjroza

Cmike to Cowboys is what I'm seeing on Twitter

I laughed when Randle went in the 4th in my league.

Many laugh in the preseason

Its an end of the bench stash. There are few teams I have that I don't have someone expendable for upside.

The few exceptions for not making a speculative add are : Short benches, capped roster moves, and add/drop fees

Even then, I'll abandon a kicker till Sunday at 930am

BINGO :thumbsup:

i dropped CJ0K for him ... we do fcfs until after week one in the league i snagged him in, but the caveat is that you cannot drop a k/dst, gotta be a positional player ... once i got wind of this, CJ became very expendable. the upside for C Mike in big D cannot be overlooked.

Would you rather have C. Michael, R. Hillman, or M. Jones on your roster right now?

I would prefer Hillman. I have taken him in a lot of drafts this year, including mfl10 leagues. His upside is a big as any rb, and we know if he gets a shot at starting he will be be very good in that system. We arent sure how well cmike will be.

I would prefer Hillman. I have taken him in a lot of drafts this year, including mfl10 leagues. His upside is a big as any rb, and we know if he gets a shot at starting he will be be very good in that system. We arent sure how well cmike will be.

I would also go with Hillman. You only need one thing to happen with Hillman and you know he has a clear shot at RB1 numbers like he put up last year. With C-Mike you will need multiple things to happen to put him in a position other than a time share and you still don't know what you have. C-Mike is a lottery ticket but I'd put him behind Duke Johnson, Hillman and even Matt Jones.

Dropped my kicker for Michael until Sunday when I'll drop Reggie Bush

Want to see what Michael has for a couple of weeks

My other backs are

LeVeon Bell

Jeremy Hill

Jonathan Stewart

Shane Vereen

Can always probably pick Bush back up or get Josh Robinson, one of the Pats backs, or Artis-Payne as a handcuff

I like this, i have a feeling randal wont do much and as much as i like mcfaddens talent i bet he hets hurt again an about week 4 mike starts to appreciate that oline and starts to roll.

I just stashed him, just. In. Case.

Is McFadden really talented? Hasn't averaged better than 3.4ypc in years.

No, hes not. It amazes me how some people cant come to grips with it.

No, hes not. It amazes me how some people cant come to grips with it.

Are we talking McFadden or C.Michael?

Are we talking McFadden or C.Michael?

Mcfadden. Cmike is much younger. I agree that he hasnt done anything in the league and is a long shot to amount to a real rb. At least with cmike we dont have years and years of failure to look to.

I live in Dallas and am a die hard... they wont do RBBC once things shake out. I promise.. Garrett is pretty tough on fumblers so the past poster is right on that. Its not a mess guys, the oline and dez will open up lanes. May take 4 or 5 weeks before who they figure out who their bell cow will be. For some reson I think they want it to be DMAC, dont forget that Randle had almost 7 ypc last year. Like I said it may take a few games but someone will take a bulk of the carries. They keep saying they will play Dunbar a lot but I wont believe it till I see it.

• Like 1

Would you rather have C. Michael, R. Hillman, or M. Jones on your roster right now?

Another vote for Hillman .

I live in Dallas and am a die hard... they wont do RBBC once things shake out. I promise.. Garrett is pretty tough on fumblers so the past poster is right on that. Its not a mess guys, the oline and dez will open up lanes. May take 4 or 5 weeks before who they figure out who their bell cow will be. For some reson I think they want it to be DMAC, dont forget that Randle had almost 7 ypc last year. Like I said it may take a few games but someone will take a bulk of the carries. They keep saying they will play Dunbar a lot but I wont believe it till I see it.

I think you will be surprised , I don't see any rb on the Cowboys roster that's a true number one guy , it's going to be a true RBBC , and that's case was even made more so with the signing of Michael.

I live in Dallas and am a die hard..... Garrett is pretty tough on fumblers

How many fumbles did Murray have last year?

Garrett will look the other way if a guy is truly ballin'.

When all things are considered, I still say that Randle is the play.

I think you will be surprised , I don't see any rb on the Cowboys roster that's a true number one guy , it's going to be a true RBBC , and that's case was even made more so with the signing of Michael.

no it wasnt... that is a smart ins play. They only have 2 every down backs on their roster. If one went down they would be screwed

no it wasnt... that is a smart ins play. They only have 2 every down backs on their roster. If one went down they would be screwed

Who were their two every downs backs? The have a smallish 2 down back in Randle, an aging three down back in DMC and a 3rd down back in Dunbar.

Michaels was one of the highest recruited RBs in the nation in 2009 , playing H.S & College within the state of Texas, more than likely within the watchful eye of a Dallas staff.....Only in opinion, why waste a draft pick if you are satisfied with the ability of the present 3-backs unless you feel Michaels has more to offer.... In 2014 he averaged 5.1 yards per carry , solid for a power runner, and possible Dallas best new weapon for tough yards...hunch , he will be the Cowboys featured back by week #3.....

I've been around the horn on this and I think you're right. Randle will be given the shot at being the bell cow and it's simply a question of whether he delivers. The Cowboys line delivers big holes and the staff has probably trained Randle to hit them. I think he can emerge and succeed but it remains to be seen. It starts on SNF and I think he'll have a good game, if so his value will shoot back up like a yoyo. Meanwhile it's going to take Michael ~4-6 weeks to get ready. Either Randle is in a position to hold the job then or not.

Nonetheless I think Randle owners should still do what it takes to acquire Mike and Michael owners need to try to get JR. Owning the position is possible right now.

Ok, would you drop Tevin Coleman for cmike? I have Charles and Forsett as starters with Blount, ivory and Randle as bench/flex options.

Ok, would you drop Tevin Coleman for cmike? I have Charles and Forsett as starters with Blount, ivory and Randle as bench/flex options.

Yes

Word from the streets is the dude is dumb as a brick. Good luck on getting him to 'pass protect'.

He can't possible being any dumber than Randle - talk about an idiot.

• Like 1

This guy won't see the field. Is just an insurance body once DMAC goes down injured. But then I see Dunbar getting more burn.

You think Seattle would have let him go with Marshawn getting up there in usage and age if he was any good?

Tony Romo would get killed the second Cmike comes in the game. Dallas doesn't want that.

Tony Romo would get killed the second Cmike comes in the game. Dallas doesn't want that.

Bcoz the blanket of protection Randle and Dunbar provide is so reassuring?

Randle is a pass blocking nightmare. His technique poor and half the time he's not even aware of where the rusher is coming from... Dunbar is not much better. In his defense, his is simply due to a lack of size - no match at all for any rusher... Along those lines - you will never see him get more than 7 carries a game, just not that kind of back.

I've seen this noted a few times and have a few questions.

1) Why did Dallas bring McFadden in? Was it a panic move in response to losing Murray?

2) Is McFadden's contract almost entirely incentive-based?

3) Is the talk from Dallas about it being a RBBC approach just to motivate Randle? If that were the case, why bring in Christine Michael?

1) Why did Dallas bring McFadden in? Was it a panic move in response to losing Murray?

3) Is the talk from Dallas about it being a RBBC approach just to motivate Randle? If that were the case, why bring in Christine Michael?

#3 is easy. Michael is cheap and cost a conditional 7th round pick. He also has an immense amount of raw talent running the ball. Plus the Cowboys are a team known for taking on "troubled" players. Though football motivation usually isnt the issue with "troubled" athletes they take chances on.

I drank the CMike koolaid when it came out and it has offered no refreshment. He very well could be a busto along the lines of Cordelle Patterson, Trent Richardson, Tavon Austin, and Montee Ball who don't play to their talent either but we don't know about it with CMike because it only happens in Seattle practices rather than on national TV where all we have to guide us is coach speak. Not replacing Turbin as the backup speaks to this. For a rookie, learning and watching from the bench is frustrating but understandable. By your 2nd or 3rd year...

Or it could be no opportunity, Marshawn's remained healthy the entire time he's been in the league. And that's what we're banking on here. This is as easy a backfield competition to win as exists in the NFL. He's by far the most talented option. Is he a guy who never had an opportunity to shine? Or is he a permanent rookie, unteachable, still making rookie blunders into his 3rd or 4th year? Trent Richardson has enormous talent for all the good it does him.

1. If it wasn't clear before, it's crystal clear now - Stephen was never going to pay Murray what he wanted. Dallas offered Murray months earlier in 2014 a 4 yr. deal - he turned it down, the writing was on the wall how it was going to end then... The DMC move was not a panic move, it was a simple different approach and philosophy on how the Rb position was to be valued. Behind this line, in the system being ran and the current market - Stephen was not overpaying to keep a beloved player... DMC is about the same age, bigger and faster than Murray. I believed the powers that be thought that given the circumstances and environment here - DMC could be a valuable commodity. That is course, if he can stay healthy.

2. This is the real gem of the entire deal... DMC has a 2 year deal that could possibly yield him $2.85m - but pretty much all of it is incentive based. Dallas is on the hook for $200 grand - that's it. If he goes down, doesn't work out, gets busted with a bag of coke, whatever - that's all he costs the team.... For that -he's a hell of a risk and worth a shot.

No.

1. If it wasn't clear before, it's crystal clear now - Stephen was never going to pay Murray what he wanted. Dallas offered Murray months earlier in 2014 a 4 yr. deal - he turned it down, the writing was on the wall how it was going to end then... The DMC move was not a panic move, it was a simple different approach and philosophy on how the Rb position was to be valued. Behind this line, in the system being ran and the current market - Stephen was not overpaying to keep a beloved player... DMC is about the same age, bigger and faster than Murray. I believed the powers that be thought that given the circumstances and environment here - DMC could be a valuable commodity. That is course, if he can stay healthy.

2. This is the real gem of the entire deal... DMC has a 2 year deal that could possibly yield him $2.85m - but pretty much all of it is incentive based. Dallas is on the hook for $200 grand - that's it. If he goes down, doesn't work out, gets busted with a bag of coke, whatever - that's all he costs the team.... For that -he's a hell of a risk and worth a shot.

Okay. All I saw was that it was a 2 year deal worth up to $5.85M. If it's heavily incentive-based, then I can buy into Dallas not being real excited about McFadden but figuring he's worth a shot.

I just sit hear and read people writing that he only averaged 3.X ypc in Oakland, so he's washed up. Then why would Dallas even bother bringing him in? Why would Dallas even talk about him being part of the RBBC? Just give him the T-Rich treatment if he's washed up...Or maybe they see something they like and actually plan to use him. With it being incentive-based, there should be a bit of motivation (at least until he develops a hangnail).

1: no-risk look to see if a former high draft pick had anything left in the tank. not at all a panic move, especially since he has a low career carry count. this is a carryover parcells philosophy that if you've seen a guy perform at a high level, there's a good chance that he can get back there unless his physical tools are shot. colombo and melton are good examples of this approach.

2: related to the above, as cruzer pointed out. if DAL cut DMC tomorrow, they would only be out $200K.

3: no it isn't. randle has never been thought of as an answer--merely a contingency plan. he was given the opportunity to win the lead spot, but he didn't do enough to take it. so garrett is executing his process: bring in the next competitor, and put the best guy on the field.

I just sit hear and read people writing that he only averaged 3.X ypc in Oakland, so he's washed up. Then why would Dallas even bother bringing him in? Why would Dallas even talk about him being part of the RBBC? Just give him the T-Rich treatment if he's washed up...Or maybe they see something they like and actually plan to use him. With it being incentive-based, there should be a bit of motivation (at least until he develops a hangnail).

when you look at the situation, he was a great get. for very little money, you get a guy who had 1st round talent, has flashed at times, is a good receiver/protector, and might have tread left on the tires. you also get a guy who has been in an incredibly bad situation (no passing threat, awful O-line, and 5 different schemes in his 7 year career), who might just succeed if surrounded by a better cast of characters.

more importantly, you get a veteran RB with a substantial amount of starting experience--who has seen pretty much everything--to add to a pretty inexperienced RB room.

DAL doesn't need him to be a 1500 yard, 50 catch guy. they need him to be a reliable 3rd down back who can add stability and experience to the room.

Okay. All I saw was that it was a 2 year deal worth up to $5.85M. If it's heavily incentive-based, then I can buy into Dallas not being real excited about McFadden but figuring he's worth a shot.

It's not only that he averaged 3.4 ypc, it's also the other guy Latavius Murray averaged 5.2 ypc in the same offense. Makes the 3.4 ypc look putrid.

McFadden's signing has a "JJ/Arkansas connection" feel to it.

It's not only that he averaged 3.4 ypc, it's also the other guy Latavius Murray averaged 5.2 ypc in the same offense. Makes the 3.4 ypc look putrid.

McFadden's signing has a "JJ/Arkansas connection" feel to it.

this comment has an "absurdity" feel to it.

as has been pointed out repeatedly, latavius had 82 carries. 33% of his total yardage for the season came on 3 of them. this is a sample size problem. in statistical analysis, we would say that his per carry average is "nonrepresentative". the same is true of randle, who averaged 6.7ypc to demarco's 4.7, despite playing in the same offense. so unless you're going to say that randle is better than demarco, your point has no merit.

as for the "arkansas connection", here are the razorbacks who have played for DAL in the last 26 years:

1. felix jones

2. ken hamlin

3. quinton carver

4. jermaine brooks

5. clint stoerner

:doh:

this comment has an "absurdity" feel to it.

as has been pointed out repeatedly, latavius had 82 carries. 33% of his total yardage for the season came on 3 of them. this is a sample size problem. in statistical analysis, we would say that his per carry average is "nonrepresentative". the same is true of randle, who averaged 6.7ypc to demarco's 4.7, despite playing in the same offense. so unless you're going to say that randle is better than demarco, your point has no merit.

as for the "arkansas connection", here are the razorbacks who have played for DAL in the last 26 years:

1. felix jones

2. ken hamlin

3. quinton carver

4. jermaine brooks

5. clint stoerner

:doh:

Ok.... I don't care how bad the Raiders have been over the last couple of years. From 2012-2014 dmc's ypc are 3.3, 3.3 & 3.4 respectively. That's putrid.

I agree with the Latavius point and he's probably over valued this year. We'll see. Fact is, even if you take away the carries you want to, he still average a half yard per carry more as a starter than dmc.

The list of Arkansas players drafted into the NFL the last 26 years ain't exactly long and ain't exactly lucrative. McFadden is THE top name to come out of there in the last 26 years. He's now a Cowboy. I can't see Jerry coveting such player as Randy Garner or Joe Adams or Marcus Harrison. This is a Jerry move with a Stephen contract.

Ok.... I don't care how bad the Raiders have been over the last couple of years. From 2012-2014 dmc's ypc are 3.3, 3.3 & 3.4 respectively. That's putrid.

I agree with the Latavius point and he's probably over valued this year. We'll see. Fact is, even if you take away the carries you want to, he still average a half yard per carry more as a starter than dmc.

The list of Arkansas players drafted into the NFL the last 26 years ain't exactly long and ain't exactly lucrative. McFadden is THE top name to come out of there in the last 26 years. He's now a Cowboy. I can't see Jerry coveting such player as Randy Garner or Joe Adams or Marcus Harrison. This is a Jerry move with a Stephen contract.

Didn't KNILES come outta Arkansas? Not a bigger name (yet), but I would argue a better talent.