Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Hacks

When did everything become a "hack"?

Everywhere I go online, there's a story telling me about a hack that can improve my life or use a product differently.

Pillsbury dough hacks

Halloween candy hacks

Best ikea furniture hacks

Health insurance hacks

Micropenis enlargement hacks

And so on.

This term needs to be retired now. Otherwise, I'm gonna machete hack the next person who uses it.

Its better than "gate".

Everything is a focking gate..spygate, deflategate.

I want to go back in time and either...

A. Assassinate tricky d1ck

B. Buy the watergate hotel and change its name to "unicorn"

• Haha 1

When did everything become a "hack"?

Everywhere I go online, there's a story telling me about a hack that can improve my life or use a product differently.

Pillsbury dough hacks

Halloween candy hacks

Best ikea furniture hacks

Health insurance hacks

Micropenis enlargement hacks

And so on.

This term needs to be retired now. Otherwise, I'm gonna machete hack the next person who uses it.

:thumbsup:

There are three surprising reasons why "hacks" have become popular.

With a random pic of some hot chick :thumbsup:

I have a recipe app called Paprika. It can take a website with a recipe, strip it of all the bullsh!t, and make a nice recipe card for you with just ingredients and instructions. You can organize, tag, and rate recipes however you want. It is a fantastic app.

The hack part is that i found if I take a website that blocks content without a subscription, for example new york times, and i paste the url into the paprika app. It shows me the website without paying.

I blame Buddy Hackman 

1 hour ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I have a recipe app called Paprika. It can take a website with a recipe, strip it of all the bullsh!t, and make a nice recipe card for you with just ingredients and instructions. You can organize, tag, and rate recipes however you want. It is a fantastic app.

The hack part is that i found if I take a website that blocks content without a subscription, for example new york times, and i paste the url into the paprika app. It shows me the website without paying.

Huh, pretty cool.  I just did it, reached my free article limit at NYT and then copied and pasted into the app and voila.  How long has it worked for you?

Now that is a hack

7 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Huh, pretty cool.  I just did it, reached my free article limit at NYT and then copied and pasted into the app and voila.  How long has it worked for you?

Randomly tried it about a month ago

49 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

MDC has said it doesn't work.

MDCDS. And more diik stuff.

creeper. 🙄

Nice.

35 minutes ago, MDC said:

MDCDS. And more diik stuff.

creeper. 🙄

TILT!!!!!  More diik stuff for MDC - the guy who luvs them and wants to make molds of each poster's c@ck.

Good job, queenie!

On 11/2/2015 at 10:56 AM, rholio said:

Ooh, Machete hacks... link to the article?

Post revival is a hack to live forever. 

There are a dozen apps called paprika. Which one is it?

15 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Do you mean Gene Hackman, or Buddy Hackett?

🤣 

Haha.......yes I did, I knew it didn't sound right. 

Hack was added to our lexicon because few people had heuristic in their vocabulary.  Plus its a lot easier to say.