Sign in to follow this  
track 1

OMG Ezekial Elliot is beasting on the Seattle D!

against the best rush defense in the league last year and he's killing it. wow

elliot looks amazing

Pre-season.

Don't matter. Can't coach vision and Zeke showed vision. He also ran through Chancellor twice.

Number one Rb.

I remember a rookie named Ameer Abdullah who looked like a stud in preseason.

Zeke is my number 2 RB off the board. That Oline is the reason why.

Michael is started to impress me .

Started to think twice about my ranking of Rawls.

Don't tell me you had Abdullah ranked number one after last years preseason ?

2nd team at that.

I know but it was just fun to say with the OP. Plus, it's the Hawks O-line that we're talking about, not the Dallas O-line that can make anyone look good.

I know but it was just fun to say with the OP. Plus, it's the Hawks O-line that we're talking about, not the Dallas O-line that can make anyone look good.

the DAL Oline wasn't knocking kam chancellor backwards. that was all zeke.

• Like 1

the DAL Oline wasn't knocking kam chancellor backwards. that was all zeke.

True. I don't deny that Zeke looked great. Very tempting pick for this season.

I admire Zeke for being a gamer but if I was an owner I'd prefer that he finish his runs with a bit more of an eye towards self-preservation. Fellow Buckeye Carlos Hyde also likes to take the game to the defender but has missed games as a result.

I admire Zeke for being a gamer but if I was an owner I'd prefer that he finish his runs with a bit more of an eye towards self-preservation. Fellow Buckeye Carlos Hyde also likes to take the game to the defender but has missed games as a result.

Very true. Zeke won't be holding up for very long if he's trying to truck and bulldoze over someone on every play.

Very true. Zeke won't be holding up for very long if he's trying to truck and bulldoze over someone on every play.

i don't care its fun as hell to watch a rb truck everything. great for the game

he'll be out the league soon like marion barber who ran the same way

Problem I saw, when he was 1 on 1 with defender he just tried to run him over instead of making a juke for a longer run. Huge holes to run through. It just shows any back in that system can be good.

Curious to see how dunbar and morris cut into his work, especially after reports of zeke being seen leaving a pot dispensitory yesterday.

Problem I saw, when he was 1 on 1 with defender he just tried to run him over instead of making a juke for a longer run. Huge holes to run through. It just shows any back in that system can be good.

Curious to see how dunbar and morris cut into his work, especially after reports of zeke being seen leaving a pot dispensitory yesterday.

Even if it's true, it doesn't matter now. If a player isn't in the drug program, he only gets tested once a year for street drugs. That's why guys who get popped are such morons in the first place. They need to fail multiple times when they know the test is coming up.

I hadn't seen him play yet and my first thought was to start looking at Alfred Morris because there is no way he's lasting a full season running that way. Not even close.

I don't dislike the kid I think he's a great talent but my goodness you can't make a living very long with that much contact he was getting.

• Like 1

I think Zeke is good and could have an amazing season but I'm not going to be really impressed until I see it in a regular season game. I have Zeke in one league and I'm strongly considering picking up Morris off waivers right not just to be safe.

If you watched him in college, you wouldn't worry about him trucking too many defenders. Last night was his coming out party and he was excited. He was smart enough in college to throw a juke move, or run out of bounds, instead of trying to truck everyone in his way. lol He won't do that all the time, so I don't consider it an issue or a problem. It's not his style, just a kid that was overhyped for his debut.

Behind that line, Zeke is going to be a flat out monster.

People are still hyped up over Christine Michael..... I'm still not buying that. Even the fantasy sites are talking him up now as a possible RB2 and definitely a RB3 or Flex option. I'm going to stand by my "people never learn" motto. He has run on backups, guys that won't make teams and "first team defenses" that are missing half their first team people. Color me skeptical.... I'm definitely going to miss the train if he takes off, but I'll risk it. For what it's worth, the dynasty league I am in has some of the best owners I have ever played with and against. Someone created a post about this kid. For the last two preseasons (this is the 3rd), he has been hyped as the eventual replacement for Lynch. When the real games begin, he is a massive liability as a pass protector. I just don't see Seattle feeding him enough to make him worthy of getting excited about. We'll see.

I hadn't seen him play yet and my first thought was to start looking at Alfred Morris because there is no way he's lasting a full season running that way. Not even close.

I don't dislike the kid I think he's a great talent but my goodness you can't make a living very long with that much contact he was getting.

Agreed...He might make it through a season or two (see Eddie Lacy, though he probably has 25+lbs on Zeke), but his career will be short-lived.

If you watched him in college, you wouldn't worry about him trucking too many defenders. Last night was his coming out party and he was excited. He was smart enough in college to throw a juke move, or run out of bounds, instead of trying to truck everyone in his way. lol He won't do that all the time, so I don't consider it an issue or a problem. It's not his style, just a kid that was overhyped for his debut.

Behind that line, Zeke is going to be a flat out monster.

People are still hyped up over Christine Michael..... I'm still not buying that. Even the fantasy sites are talking him up now as a possible RB2 and definitely a RB3 or Flex option. I'm going to stand by my "people never learn" motto. He has run on backups, guys that won't make teams and "first team defenses" that are missing half their first team people. Color me skeptical.... I'm definitely going to miss the train if he takes off, but I'll risk it. For what it's worth, the dynasty league I am in has some of the best owners I have ever played with and against. Someone created a post about this kid. For the last two preseasons (this is the 3rd), he has been hyped as the eventual replacement for Lynch. When the real games begin, he is a massive liability as a pass protector. I just don't see Seattle feeding him enough to make him worthy of getting excited about. We'll see.

So Zeke is beasting in preseason which helps his case for being awesome. Michael is beasting in preseason, but it doesn't matter because they are all backups. Plus defensive players don't give two shlts about playing in preseason unlike offensive players who treat it like their job depends on it. Got it.

So Zeke is beasting in preseason which helps his case for being awesome. Michael is beasting in preseason, but it doesn't matter because they are all backups. Plus defensive players don't give two shlts about playing in preseason unlike offensive players who treat it like their job depends on it. Got it.

I get what your saying but not entirely fair. zeke is stepping on an nfl field for the first time and looks like he will produce right away. Christine 16 has tried and failed a few times...it does appear he has turned the corner though

I think people are trying to dissect too much with Zeke and over think things. Listen 2 years ago Murray was the #1 rb. Last season from Oct 25 till the last game (thats when Mcfadden took over starting duties) he finished as the #3 RB. Thats 2 straight season the cowboys have produced a top 3 starting RB. Now you see ALF look like a new man and ZEKE carving up a legit Seatle D. This kid is a lock to finish top 5. easy money

Uhh..but he's in a really good dynasty league soooooo.....

Would like to get him in my auction league but I bet you will have to overpay....therefore good player to throw out there early so someone burns up their cap

I get what your saying but not entirely fair. zeke is stepping on an nfl field for the first time and looks like he will produce right away. Christine 16 has tried and failed a few times...it does appear he has turned the corner though

No I get that. I just like to give credit where it's due for what these guys are doing this preseason. If Michael is imperfect in pass blocking the ok. He still looks phenomenal running the ball and should be involved

Astute comment. I wouldnt be surprised if the coach told him to ease up a bit in pre season. I dont know that he has much more to prove. To risk injury to fight for an extra 2 yards in a meaningless game is..... well.... meaningless. There is risk of injury, and no real benefit.

Astute comment. I wouldnt be surprised if the coach told him to ease up a bit in pre season. I dont know that he has much more to prove. To risk injury to fight for an extra 2 yards in a meaningless game is..... well.... meaningless. There is risk of injury, and no real benefit.

Do we have any type of data that suggests a RB that likes to plow into defenders is a bigger injury risk than a player that tries to avoid contact? I see plenty of shifty RBs get hurt all the time. They tear their ACL when making cuts and get hit in the knees when trying to jump over guys. The RBs that take it to the defender don't seem to get those injuries as much. Perhaps more concussions though.

I saw a very talented young player that was excited to be playing in his first NFL game and wanted to show himself off .

After this game the coaches will sit him and clam him down and he will be find .

He is going to be a beast this season .

There are 2 different kinds of avoiding contact situations:

1) running down the sideline and you opt to run out of bounds or turn back in and deliver a hit - just bcoz.

2) running down the middle of the field and you face off with a defender.

Zeke actually did avoid contact once last night running down the sideline. He in fact reached the ball out for the 1st and stepped out at the same time.... The Chancellor hits were in the middle of field - Zeke really didn't have anywhere to go. I'd much rather see him deliver the hit than wait to get hit. You're far more likely to get injured being passive than attacking. You start playing soft, looking to duck - you're going get clocked from the side or back and never see it coming.

I remember a guy by the name of Chris Beanie Wells that liked to initiate contact. How'd that work out for him? Eddie George would run over people, how long was he in the league? Curtis Martin tried to avoid contact and had a long career. Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.

I expect Zeke to be awesome, but so does everyone else. The moment he got drafted, the writing was on the wall. Good luck gettng him in auction. It will cost ya!

I remember a guy by the name of Chris Beanie Wells that liked to initiate contact. How'd that work out for him? Eddie George would run over people, how long was he in the league?

Eddie George enjoyed a rather lengthy, prosperous 9 year career... For the first 8 he averaged 341 carries a year - racked up over 10,000 yards in doing so. I'd say he faired pretty well.

I remember a guy by the name of Chris Beanie Wells that liked to initiate contact. How'd that work out for him? Eddie George would run over people, how long was he in the league? Curtis Martin tried to avoid contact and had a long career. Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.

I expect Zeke to be awesome, but so does everyone else. The moment he got drafted, the writing was on the wall. Good luck gettng him in auction. It will cost ya!

There are just as many RBs over the years that didn't avoid contact that played a long time too. The Bus ran over guys. Walter Payton loved to hit guys and hated running out of bounds. I believe Emmit Smith would run guys over too. Whether they are taking on contact or avoiding it they all seem to get hurt though.

Never saw him play , but when I watch NFL films the defenders that played against J Brown used to talk about how he would hit you and hurt you.

And I think he did pretty good.

Just depends on the player and today I don't expect these guys to play as long .

With the money they make they are leaving the game earlier then before .