Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Tell me about Jordan Howard

Is this guy worth an add? Is he the flavor of the week or is he going to do well in Langford's absence? When Cutler is back will his effectiveness decrease? Better for PPR etc. I play in a transaction limited league (10 per year) and have used 2 to get Ware and Stafford. Thinking of dumping Rawls to nab Howard.

Ill tell you about him. People will rush to add him, he wont be that great and some other guy will end up being the smarter add. Basically a rinse and repeat of the Mckinnon rush last week.

Looks like the Bears other two Rbs are hurt and might miss a little bit of time , so it looks like he should be the bulk of the work for a little while.

Ill tell you about him. People will rush to add him, he wont be that great and some other guy will end up being the smarter add. Basically a rinse and repeat of the Mckinnon rush last week.

Did Mckinnon pin you down and tea bag your face?

• Like 1

He's "ok" at best.

The Bears are in a mess offensively. Langford only had a sprain ankle and you know John Fox will get him back in the mix. Personally, I see nothing special. This isn't Christine Michael or Soencer Ware we're talking about.

Wow that's a great move .

You sure a healthy Rawls is still the starter there?

I'm not sure what to think about the situation. I think Howard is a nice fill in if needed, but his upside is nowhere near Rawls. I think the Rawls owner would have dropped him, but we have limited moves so I would have had to spend one. I can decide who to start between Bell, Murray, CMike, and Dwayne Washington.

You sure a healthy Rawls is still the starter there?

He ain't. That ship has sailed and it's an even split at very best. That's in 5 weeks when Rawls is even healthy. They prob bring him back a week early and have him be "active" just to mess with fantasy owners. I see little chance at value for Rawls before week 8-9 barring a CMike injury now.

I'm putting in a waiver for Howard, but I think you're correct. Highly unlikely he amounts to anything.

He's the most talented running back on that team this year. Granted, it's a bad team that will likely have to abandon the run quite often, but he's a talented player. Not sure if he ever gets all the carries to himself, but if he does I think he'll put up 8+ a week in standard as a floor, possibly higher.

He plays hard and up-right and will be coming from behind a lot. Great qualities for a boner, somewhat less so for an RB in the NFL.

Also, the Bears are hot garbage. And not just any kind of garbage, the kind that is really smelly and not very good at pro football.

HTH

the thing that intrigues me about J Howard was the 4-47 receiving. Bears should be losing a lot and in a ppr he is worth the add in my opinion.

especially after losing woodhead. Its hard to only have duke johnson who is in a major timeshare. Langford out 4-6 weeks ankle according to Adam Schefter. Severe high ankle variety.

Kadeem carey is out with a hamstring. Raheem Mostert is the only backup.

count me in, why not.

No doubt he's worth a pick up , being the only healthy Rb from the top three listed Rb they have on the Bears.

From what I've read & seen..I'm buying! His pass catching skills were never exploited in college. Give me a duel threat rb any day especially in a system that thrives with it. His NFL comparison is Arian Foster

He's from my alma mater Indiana University. Him and Tevin Coleman were both solid RBs there. The Bears offensive line is one of the worst in football and John fox is a dinosaur when it comes to being creative offensively. That's Jordan Howard's biggest obstacles

Question being, and I realize the Bears are a dumpster fire, but is Langford the drop for Howard?

He's not out for the year so no. In the good old days, yes. Today, no.

Before Langford was injured he was awful.

I would exchange Howard for Langford.

Before Langford was injured he was awful.

I would exchange Howard for Langford.

Yup. I'm second in the waivers and will be more than happy if I can exchange Langford for Howard.

He plays hard and up-right and will be coming from behind a lot. Great qualities for a boner, somewhat less so for an RB in the NFL.

Also, the Bears are hot garbage. And not just any kind of garbage, the kind that is really smelly and not very good at pro football.

HTH

What are your opinions on Smallwood?

ppr.....i have david johnson

lost woodhead.........have Howard in starting lineup over Duke Johnson

rest of my rbs are stashes. kenneth dixson, dion lewis, shaun draughn, ivory

The staff drafted him. I suspect he will be given every chance to be the lead back.

The staff drafted him. I suspect he will be given every chance to be the lead back.

good point