Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Santa Comforts Sick kid, kid dies in his arms

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/12/12/terminally-ill-child-dies-in-santas-arms.html

A 60-year-old Tennessee man who spends time volunteering as Santa Claus at a local hospital granted a 5-year-old terminally ill boy his final wish this holiday season, and held him as he died in his arms.

OMFG.....

Thanks for ruining Christmas Posty

other than a few bakerboy posts, this is the saddest thing I have ever read on this site.

In positive news, this kid would make a great elf on the shelf.

Thanks for ruining Christmas Posty

other than a few bakerboy posts, this is the saddest thing I have ever read on this site.

I read it in the news today and had to take a minute. Probably affected me more than any story I've ever read. :cry:

There has to be an uncle somewhere who was happy he bypassed the Black Friday sale at toys r us, would have to wait in line to return, etc..

I wonder if that is what the kid actually wanted for Christmas?

Christmas List

1. Drone

2. Getting held by a creepy old dude.

3. Puppy

All I ever got from santa was molested, he smelled like alcohol and cigarettes and my uncle at the same time

Christmas List

1. Drone

2. Getting held by a creepy old dude.

3. Puppy

He's 5!!!!!

He was five

feet under :(

Only way this story could get worse is if this guy started yelling in the room how there's no santa...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/13/preacher-children-santa-claus-does-not-exist/95371826/

I hate people like this.....just so much....

There is such a short time in our kids lives where that sense of wonder and "magic" exists, and there is nothing wrong with it. Trying to take it away makes me want to introduce my fist to the guys anuz....

• Like 1

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/14/us/knoxville-santa-story-in-question-trnd/

It was a story many wanted to believe: A terminally ill child gets his last wish to see Santa and dies in his arms.

But the Tennessee newspaper that ran it first now says it can no longer stand by the account.

But in a note published online Wednesday, Venable and News Sentinel editor Jack McElroy said they were unable to verify the account after it was published because Schmitt-Matzen refused to provide the identities of the child's family or the nurse who purportedly called him to the hospital, which is not named in the story.

"The News Sentinel cannot establish that Schmitt-Matzen's account is inaccurate, but more importantly, ongoing reporting cannot establish that it is accurate," McElroy and Venable wrote. "Therefore, because the story does not meet the newspaper's standards of verification, we are no longer standing by the veracity of Schmitt-Matzen's account."

Had a feeling that was coming.

Best case scenario, the guy is just trying to protect the family's privacy in their time of mourning :thumbsup:

BTW this new story from CNN is wretched: who WANTED to believe a five year old kid died of cancer? :wacko:

Besides posty anyway

Reporting is so focking atrocious these days

Anyone seen Honcho?