Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

***Official Super Bowl LI Thread*** Patriots vs Falcons

take a break kid..been a rough couple of months for ya. :(

Not really...not rough at all smacking you around.

They have and destroyed them. Wilson and Rodgers are the best at what they do and Atlanta made them look bad. We'll see what Brady can bring.

So far NE has faced Houston, and LBell-less Pittsburgh. It's them that hasn't faced a challenge.

I don't think you understood my point.

RYAN has not faced a tough challenge yet because they've kicked everyone's ass. So it Ryan still a choker? There's some possibility he is and it simply hasn't manifested itself yet. I don't personally believe that, mind you, just saying there's a bit of an unknown there

7 super bowls in 16 years :o

And one of those years was the Matt Cassel year, right? So Brady/Bill have almost a 50% SB appearance rate. To do that in the age of Free Agency is absolutely remarkable.

And one of those years was the Matt Cassel year, right? So Brady/Bill have almost a 50% SB appearance rate. To do that in the age of Free Agency is absolutely remarkable.

Right, because the patriots never signed any free agents or got a player on a salary cap dump.

Pretty damn crazy. Perfect storm for BB and Brady coming together when they did and great moves they have made.

Right, because the patriots never signed any free agents or got a player on a salary cap dump.

You're actually retarded, aren't you? :(

do did other teams yet they don't have the same success.

Unpossible

Ryan is a dif guy this season and the Pats have feasted on Texans who aren't in the same league and steelers coming off no tds and a bum bell. I'd be worried in Patriot nation, this team ain't fooling around.

Isn't this shitty match up over with yet?

meh.

Pats win.

ATL is 8-8 next year, misses playoffs,

and Pats are in SB again.

5 SBs, 7 SBs, 9 SBs... whatever - it's absurdly dominant.

Yeah, this game has zero juice.

Why do you say that? A team which has never won a championship playing against a dynasty...high powered offenses...best QBs in the league

Who would you rather see and why?

According to the radio dude - Tom Brady has 24 playoff wins. That's more than most franchises in the league, including the Bears who founded the league in 1920 (17 total playoff wins).

-3 please

According to the radio dude - Tom Brady has 24 playoff wins. That's more than most franchises in the league, including the Bears who founded the league in 1920 (17 total playoff wins).

-3 please

GOAT

Patriots will be in their away white uniforms.

11 of the last 12 super bowl winners were wearing their away whites

Who wasn't, Seahawks?

Falcons' Center - Mack, is fighting thru a severely sprained ankle.. That would be huge if he can't go.

Who wasn't, Seahawks?

New England will be in their white away jerseys, and here’s why that matters: The team wearing white has won 11 of the last 12 Super Bowls. That’s a 91.6 winning percentage. The only team to overcome the burden of wearing their home uniforms was the Packers, who beat the white-donning Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.

you of all people should have known that :)

Thinking about betting big on Atlanta. I have doubted them all along.

Matt Ryan has always been a choker. But this year he cost me money twice, against Seattle and then Green Bay. Seems he has turned the corner? Atlanta has a better team but so hard to put money on Ryan going against Brady.

Racists :mad:

Racists :mad:

:first:

Julio Jones. I know BB likes to take your top guy away from you. But how the fock you do that when its Julio? Dude is 6'3", 230 lbs, and runs a 4.4 40.

I don't watch a lot of Pats games but in the last one I noticed that the Pat DBs are extremely good at what I'll call "quasi-interference," which means they make a little contact just prior to the ball arriving but not quite enough to draw a flag. I'll be looking for it in the SB as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they practice it. :thumbsup:

I don't watch a lot of Pats games but in the last one I noticed that the Pat DBs are extremely good at what I'll call "quasi-interference," which means they make a little contact just prior to the ball arriving but not quite enough to draw a flag. I'll be looking for it in the SB as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they practice it. :thumbsup:

Seahags are the same way. Very smart cornerbacks. They play to just over the letter of the law and get away with it more often than not

That hand-fighting is pretty typical with all secondaries and it is taught. A lot of people think that you need to turn around and there cannot be any face-guarding or any contact. However, that is not the rule. The rules indicate that the contact needs to be "significant" in order for it to be PI.

The reason that people think that the Patriots are taught that is because they are. So are other players, but I think that the Patriots have more tight coverage and they are seen on TV more than many other teams.

second time you blew this dog whistle of cheating.

It's a shame a smart guy like you cannot appreciate greatness. :(

the "quasi-interference," which means they make a little contact just prior to the ball arriving but not quite enough to draw a flag.

I'll be looking for it in the SB as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they practice it. :thumbsup:

this might be the biggest, sally-ass, cry baby post I've ever seen from you... really?

it bothers you that they play right to the edge of what's allowed? I bet they even take all tax deduction they can without flagging an audit... those terrible, cheating Patriots! Whaaaa! Whaaaa! You want some redistribution of Lombardis?

this might be the biggest, sally-ass, cry baby post I've ever seen from you... really?

it bothers you that they play right to the edge of what's allowed? I bet they even take all tax deduction they can without flagging an audit... those terrible, cheating Patriots! Whaaaa! Whaaaa! You want some redistribution of Lombardis?

Hyperbole much?

Looks like I ruffled a few feathers with my observation. Read PFB's response which was both intelligent and acknowledging. :cheers:

Hyperbole much?

Looks like I ruffled a few feathers with my observation. Read PFB's response which was both intelligent and acknowledging. :cheers:

I didn't think you were whining at all :dunno:

I like football when the DB's are actually allowed to defend. Call me crazy. This Ticky tack can't dare put a finger on a WR after 5 yards sucks. Fock Bill Polian. I know PI when I see it and I don't see Pats db's doing anything agregious.

• Like 1

Of course they're taught it, 'tard. Everyone is :rolleyes:

A lot of butthurtedness in this thread; you know who you are. :cheers:

put some cream on it, I'm sorry the ruined the Cardinals season week 1. :(

put some cream on it, I'm sorry the ruined the Cardinals season week 1. :(

Well, as discussed in another thread, BB's gameplan of having the Cards miss a 41 yard FG was brilliant! Seriously though, the Cards underperformed all year and still IMO shoulda/coulda beat every team they played, except one time when they got their asses kicked... by the Falcons. That team is a juggernaut. Good luck. :cheers:

Hyperbole much?

I thought your comments were complimentary to the Patriots. The thing I noticed in the NFL is that a corner can get away with putting his hands on a receiver, he just can't turn him or hold him enough to slow him down. Patriots do tend to battle them a bit and sometimes it difficult to know if the offensive guy or defensive guy is doing the battling. Butler in particular is good at reading the receivers eyes and getting his head turned around in time to look at the ball which is another way of avoiding pass interference calls.

I thought your comments were complimentary to the Patriots. The thing I noticed in the NFL is that a corner can get away with putting his hands on a receiver, he just can't turn him or hold him enough to slow him down. Patriots do tend to battle them a bit and sometimes it difficult to know if the offensive guy or defensive guy is doing the battling. Butler in particular is good at reading the receivers eyes and getting his head turned around in time to look at the ball which is another way of avoiding pass interference calls.

Thanks. I noticed the head turn as well; it needs to be significantly more egregious if the head is turned. Another thing the Pats excel at. :thumbsup:

Well, as discussed in another thread, BB's gameplan of having the Cards miss a 41 yard FG was brilliant! Seriously though, the Cards underperformed all year and still IMO shoulda/coulda beat every team they played, except one time when they got their asses kicked... by the Falcons. That team is a juggernaut. Good luck. :cheers:

it's the defense jerry, the Cardinals "had" a great defense, which was exposed and shredded by the great Jimmy G and the pats offense. The plan to beat that vaunted Cardinals D was exposed week 1 and blammo...suck season.

Don't feel bad the Pats have done it to even better teams.

May I suggest vagisil ?

Thanks. I noticed the head turn as well; it needs to be significantly more egregious if the head is turned. Another thing the Pats excel at. :thumbsup:

Winning