Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Things as a child that now seem racist

There were little chocolate or licorice candies with faces in them that my father called N*gger Babies. Looking back, that seems racist now.

And did anyone ever hear the expression "Wait just a cotton-picking minute"?

Took a long time I learn what Brazil nuts were... they were always called n****r toes when I was a kid.

• Like 1

Eeenie meanie miney moe,

catch a n!gger by the toe.

N!gger-rigged (this evolved into "afro-engineered" at some point after the enlightenment)

N!gger-seat (the guy who has to open the gates)

We used to go "n!gger-knocking" too.

• Like 1

N!gger-rigged (this evolved into "afro-engineered" at some point after the enlightenment.

Evolved to Macgyvered here.

Eeenie meanie miney moe,

N!gger-rigged (this evolved into "afro-engineered" at some point after the enlightenment)

Don't forget n!gger-rich (a derogatory term used to refer to a selfishly extravagant person who has no prospects of ever paying off the debts they incur.)

There were little chocolate or licorice candies with faces in them that my father called N*gger Babies. Looking back, that seems racist now.

And did anyone ever hear the expression "Wait just a cotton-picking minute"?

I hear it daily on the CB radio. On the CB radio, it is generally used in place of profanity.

People call each other cotton pickers all the time instead of motherfockers or many other curse words.

I never use it though. I just say the curse word. :D

"Jewed him down" - still hear this one fairly regular.

where I am from, you will still hear all the good old racist/sexist/retardist stuff, especially playing poker.

Eeenie meanie miney moe,

I'll say it again.

it's catch a nagger by the fro!

N-rigged is one I still use on a consistent basis

and I am sorry, none of it seems racist to me now.

fock you and the liberal horse you rode in on

Every single sitcom dealt with race in a way that none could now.

20 short years ago

this movie wouldn't see the light of focking day.

When I was growing up there was basically one black guy in my town, known colloquially as "N!gger-Willie" and called that to his face.

When I was growing up there was basically one black guy in my town, known colloquially as "N!gger-Willie" and called that to his face.

1 black kid in my High School, 4 grades, about 1200 kids.

he had the locker next to me for 4 years. (last name)

cool as sh1t. good kid, certain chicks dug the dark meat

1 black kid in my High School, 4 grades, about 1200 kids.

he had the locker next to me for 4 years. (last name)

cool as sh1t. good kid, certain chicks dug the dark meat

Willie was cool too. A few years older than me but we played softball together for many years. Built like a sh!t-brickhouse. Couldn't be called off a ball. Smoked me on a Texas-leaguer one time and broke a couple of my ribs.

Growing up on the South Side of Pittsburgh, we avoided certain parts of town at certain times. Common sense then.......racist now?

If I were in downtown Pittsburgh as a kid and several blacks started milling about, I got the fock out of there. Same if I saw several standing around on the sidewalk. Now..........I'm to blame.

Took a long time I learn what Brazil nuts were... they were always called n****r toes when I was a kid.

My mother still calls them this

Spook and I'm not talking about a ghost.

Spook and I'm not talking about a ghost.

The Mo-nigs tribe. Ones that claim to to be Indian but are more n-word than Indian

Don't forget n!gger-rich (a derogatory term used to refer to a selfishly extravagant person who has no prospects of ever paying off the debts they incur.)

Round these parts that term was used for people who had come into a large sum of money, that could have set them up for life if invested properly, that they subsequently squandered on material sh!t and partying.

Not really racists, but people generally freak out when I tell them we use to play a game called "Smear the Queer" when we did not have enough people to play an actual football game.

Basically, you just need 3 people and a football. Guy with the football is the Queer and all you had to do was whatever you could to get the ball from him.

First one i thought of. Actually brought this up in the "Finish This Sentence" thread the other day. :thumbsup:

Not really racists, but people generally freak out when I tell them we use to play a game called "Smear the Queer" when we did not have enough people to play an actual football game.

Basically, you just need 3 people and a football. Guy with the football is the Queer and all you had to do was whatever you could to get the ball from him.

They still play that in Australia. They call it football.
  • Like 1

For some reason we called it "kill the man with the ball." I think that was maybe unique to my little bumfock area of PA, like "hoagie" for a sub sammich. :dunno:

• Like 1

For some reason we called it "kill the man with the ball." I think that was maybe unique to my little bumfock area of PA, like "hoagie" for a sub sammich. :dunno:

We called it Smear the Queer too here in CA. This was mid 70's though.

I don't think kids can play dodge ball here anymore, let alone contact sports.

• Like 1