Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Kelvin Benjamin traded to the Bills

Wow.....what draft pick does Carolina get? Why would they do this trade (Carolin)?

I think KB is in the last year of his contract.

I'm seeing where they think this is a bad thing for Benjamins stock but won't he just get peppered with targets?

Not like Taylor has anyone else to throw too.

Lateral move?

I heard they're giving a 3 and a 7

yeah, that's what the update said.

Bills: Give Tyrod a borderline #1 target and takes some pressure off McCoy. If the Bills get Clay back they have legit options on offense.

Carolina: doesn't help Cam at all, but might increase the values for McCaffrey and Funchess. Sneaky play, Olsen if he's on the WW.

Bills schedule ROS looks amazing. I'll take it.

I was just looking at that... juicy matchup, with bad Ds and good offenses

Does he play on Thursday? Not a lot of time to pick up the offense.

Another bonus...kelvin will have had no bye week as Carolina was wk11 and bills wk 6. Unless he sits this week, entirely possible given the above.

Sh!t

• Like 1

I think KB is in the last year of his contract.

I'm seeing where they think this is a bad thing for Benjamins stock but won't he just get peppered with targets?

Not like Taylor has anyone else to throw too.

The Panthers took the option on him during the off-season. He was due 8.5 mil next year. I'm not sure how all of that plays out, if club players are traded to another team though. Does he now become a UFA in 2018, or do the Bills take on that salary?

ETA: Definitely benching him this week, in the league I have him.

The Panthers took the option on him during the off-season. He was due 8.5 mil next year. I'm not sure how all of that plays out, if club players are traded to another team though. Does he now become a UFA in 2018, or do the Bills take on that salary?

ETA: Definitely benching him this week, in the league I have him.

Yeah I'm going to bench him this week too. I can't imagine he plays in two days.

But I think going forward this is a good thing for us Benjamin owners.

I think I'm putting in Funchess this week. If not now against a soft Atlanta defense, then when?

Bills schedule ROS looks amazing. I'll take it.

ya..i picked up tyrod a couple of weeks ago after evaluating the available guys and their schedules...i have russell so i prob wont start tyrod...but hes a nice insurance policy

hopefully this helps mccaffrey a bit...although nothing can help him as long as the unimaginitive and archaic mike shula is calling plays....if mccaffrey were almost anywhere else he would prob still have the same number of catches but he would be productive with them.....they literally do nothing to get him open or create mismatches...although i will say it seems teams are really watching him whenver hes out there......but its like they are only interested in using him in the 2 minute drill or when they are trailing....they do nothing to get him involved to help build a lead

def curious to see what their plans for samuel are....

Prolly not. Unless they just use him in the RZ

Funchess is interesting. Offense already kind of sucks. Funchess will now get the #1 CB on the other team....don't know how much this raises his value. Who is the #2 right now? They need Olsen to come back in a hurry.

I'm a happier Benjamin owner. Didn't seem like he was seeing the deep routes and end zone targets I had hoped for in Carolina. Think he'll get more of these with the Bills?

Tyrod Taylor is the real winner and should have an uptick in production with a legit #1 wr now

....and Shady

Funchess is interesting. Offense already kind of sucks. Funchess will now get the #1 CB on the other team....don't know how much this raises his value. Who is the #2 right now? They need Olsen to come back in a hurry.

This can’t be good for Funchess either. He certainly is not a number one WR and he can’t catch many passes with 8 targets a game. I believe Olsen comes back week 11 so until then, it is pass to Mccafrey.

I’m still trying to figure out why Carolina made this trade? The third round draft choice can’t help them this year. They are 4-3.

I’m still trying to figure out why Carolina made this trade? The third round draft choice can’t help them this year. They are 4-3.

Maybe something is wrong with Cam....besides the obvious.

yeah I can't figure it out either.

I do know that his option next year is only guaranteed for injury, so perhaps they know that he won't be able to pass his physical next year and want to avoid having to pay the $8M?

Anyone considering Russell Shephard or Curtis Samuel?

Yes. I'm picking up Curtis Samuel. Marty Hurney has thrown in his chips.

According to Roto:

Panthers GM Marty Hurney said on Wednesday the Kelvin Benjamin trade was executed in an effort to "clear out the box" and allow the "run game to flourish" in Carolina.

Wtf? KBenj ran a lot of his routes out of the slot and not deep, but come on. That's your excuse? You can't just have the same guy run routes farther down the field? "If we get rid of our #1 receiver, it'll really help our running game."

Oh. Okay...?

It's been said that Benjamin cannot get off press coverage, I heard that this year and noticed that he is nearly always lined up off the line of scrimmage. Not sure if that translates to "clearing the box" or not but apparently it limits some of his routes as an outside receiver. I think his pending free agency was more of a factor than anything. He probably falls in the category that he'll make more than he's worth, but you'll have to pay him that to keep him.

That being said McDermot surely knows his strengths and limitations so I'm sure they have plan to use him in their offense so I'd expected similar usage and with Buffalo actually having an effective ground game, he should at least be as effective as he was in Carolina.

My only concern with him as I have him in a league is what he'll be capable of on a short week this Thursday.