Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Fresno State professor under fire for celebrating death of Barbara Bush - *NO PUNISHMENT*

Well, I'm not exactly tilling new soil here, but what pisses me off is this University talks about how it's standing up for free speech. But you can sure as bet that if some right-wing lunatic was scheduled to speak there, he or she would end up getting shouted down and protested out before they ever got within a hundred miles of the joint.

That's not exactly speculation. We've already seen that happen Well over a dozen times throughout the country. Even comedians are refusing to go to college campuses these days. You know, those bastions of free speech that college campuses are these days.

They just mean free from anything that might cause them any sort of grief or anxiety or God forbid, to think outside of their cloistered little world.

Agreed, but this will definitely not happen when the following die:

Bill Clinton

Hillary Clinton

George W Bush

D!ck Cheney

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

And there are probably many more...

The other side will be having a field day...

I volunteer to coordinate the geek club celebrations when GW Bush and Cheney die.

I was wrong about her being fired. I still have faith that donors will make their opinion known like they did at Missouri.

What makes it even more sad, is that it appears she was right about being tenured and wouldnt get in trouble. Ugh

The University shouldn't do anything like fire her, for her "opinion".

The court of public opinion should ruin her thought.

Typical obnoxious liberal kunt

This

The University shouldn't do anything like fire her, for her "opinion".

The court of public opinion should ruin her thought.

But they can refuse service for your opinion. This country is so screwed up it is sad to watch.

Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for

What do I stand for?

What do I stand for?

Most nights, I don't know anymore

Here is her email and phone number have fun guys :)

Randa Jarrar
rjarrar@csufresno.edu
559-278-4928

Edjr you should post that in the OP.

This is going to dova number on the donation's they get.

Here is her email and phone number have fun guys :)

Randa Jarrar

rjarrar@csufresno.edu

559-278-4928

Edjr you should post that in the OP.

They've removed it from the University Site.... lol

http://www.fresnostate.edu/artshum/english/faculty/index.html

This might sound wrong, but I support her right to say things that offend me.

If we threaten her, her employment, then we are no better than the leftists who do the same to anyone who disagrees with them.

There will always be people who have hate in their heart, but we should not condone a mob-based influence on our free speech.

If we threaten her, her employment, then we are no better than the leftists who do the same to anyone who disagrees with them.

There will always be people who have hate in their heart, but we should not condone a mob-based influence on our free speech.

Free speech has consequences. If more people understood that there'd be less issues related to exercising that right.

• Like 1

Free speech has consequences. If more people understood that there'd be less issues related to exercising that right.

This is true, and deplorable.

Unless one is advocating or encouraging violence, there should be no effort to curb free speech, no matter how much we hate what someone is saying.

This mob-centric censorship is chilling.

So say at the company you work for....or say you teach at a school, or work wherever....if you are yakking/posting on social media how you hate blacks because they are thieves and murderers or mexicans because they stink, the company you work for can't fire you because you are just exercising free speech?

Interesting.

So let me guess, when you got fired for it, you'd sue them, because, ya know..."it's a free country, and I can act and do what I want without consequences" ? :lol:

And what a bunch of crap that Papa John or whatever got pushed into resigning because he called people n*ggers. And Starbucks should have had "Its a free country training" instead of "sensitivity training" for their employees for kicking the blacks out or not serving them or whatever, because, well, ya know....free speech?

Unless one is advocating or encouraging violence, there should be no effort to curb free speech, no matter how much we hate what someone is saying.

Shes a teacher. That use to mean something. She should be held to a higher standard and should teach things from all points of view. She has an agenda and it isnt to make her students smarter or more prepared for life. Fock her.
  • Like 1

Bingo. 100% spot on.

No one is advocating curbing her rights. HTH.

So say at the company you work for....or say you teach at a school, or work wherever....if you are yakking/posting on social media how you hate blacks because they are thieves and murderers or mexicans because they stink, the company you work for can't fire you because you are just exercising free speech?

Interesting.

So let me guess, when you got fired for it, you'd sue them, because, ya know..."it's a free country, and I can act and do what I want without consequences" ? :lol:

And what a bunch of crap that Papa John or whatever got pushed into resigning because he called people n*ggers. And Starbucks should have had "Its a free country training" instead of "sensitivity training" for their employees for kicking the blacks out or not serving them or whatever, because, well, ya know....free speech?

Correct. I served this country, as did many of my family before me, to protect this very right.

I do not agree with someone spewing racial hatred, but I am far more opposed to people who would deem it their place to silence others.

Now if said person were to be advocating direct action and violence, that is a different matter.

No one is advocating curbing her rights. HTH.

Not true actually. There are a number of examples where free speech is under direct threat from the SJW groups, Evergreen comes to mind, and then Shapiro and Peterson being silenced where the mob can do it.

Now if her job is threatened by her ideology I do take issue with that, unless she made the statements on behalf of the school or during business hours.

Not true actually. There are a number of examples where free speech is under direct threat from the SJW groups, Evergreen comes to mind, and then Shapiro and Peterson being silenced where the mob can do it.

Now if her job is threatened by her ideology I do take issue with that, unless she made the statements on behalf of the school or during business hours.

We're talking about a specific incident here. That's why I said "her." She is free to speak about whatever she wants. Just like her employer is free to take issue with what she says.

We're talking about a specific incident here. That's why I said "her." She is free to speak about whatever she wants. Just like her employer is free to take issue with what she says.

We can agree to disagree, ones employer should have no voice over what people do with their private life and time.

The mob uses employers as their broad sword, and I detest them for it.

We can agree to disagree, ones employer should have no voice over what people do with their private life and time.

The mob uses employers as their broad sword, and I detest them for it.

Really? Are you ok with the chief of police being the grand poobah of his local KKK chapter in his "private life and time"?

Really? Are you ok with the chief of police being the grand poobah of his local KKK chapter in his "private life and time"?

I believe that what people do on their free time is their decision, and it should not impact their opportunities for employment, and a philosophical position.

If groups like the KKK, BLM, or ISIS are identified as advocating for actual violence then my aforementioned standard comes in.

I believe that what people do on their free time is their decision, and it should not impact their opportunities for employment, and a philosophical position.

If groups like the KKK, BLM, or ISIS are identified as advocating for actual violence then my aforementioned standard comes in.

Wow, talk about an extreme position. You're right. We'll have to agree to disagree if you think it's ok for a police chief to hold a high level office in the KKK as long as they don't specifically advocate for violence.

I believe that what people do on their free time is their decision.

I agree. But decisions have consequences.

If you choose to preach hate or whatever, you do so understanding that employers do not want to be associated with such, and will exercise their rights to not hire or to fire you.

Free speech means you cannot be punished by law for your speech. It does not mean protection from the backlash your speech garners.

Wow, talk about an extreme position. You're right. We'll have to agree to disagree if you think it's ok for a police chief to hold a high level office in the KKK as long as they don't specifically advocate for violence.

:ninja:

Ray, I understand where you are coming from, but if you expect me to employ you, then you can be expected to be fired if you do something while representing my business in your work life or private life.

I run a business I deal with the public, and if my employee shows up wearing a maga hat or a hope shirt, they are being reprimanded and sent home to change. I won't have political agenda in my workplace. Now if he goes to a rally and does something stupid as well, that might reflect on my business I would also fire him. For example if he is wearing my business shirt/hat and is caught calling someone a "n" yah sorry your free speech is not protected by my private corp. Just like owners can fine and tell players to stand. Protest on your own time, but not when you are on the clock

How does this lady have a job seriously? What is wrong with you people in California? :doh:

What is wrong with you people in California? :doh:

You just answered your own question...

How does this lady have a job seriously? What is wrong with you people in California? :doh:

Agreed. We need to start fighting back and all we have to do is use the same rules that they use against conservatives. I know they don't think the rules apply to them, but it's time to show them that they do.