Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Hey guys you may have heard I lived in Queens, Long Island and NJ before moving to the greater Philadelphia area and now live in the city.

Im sorry. 

Sorry for what? It's a baseball thread. Philly is never going to matter in comparison to the Yankees (no I'm not a Yankee fan)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious request guys.  Can you please not do one of these in the baseball thread? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Serious request guys.  Can you please not do one of these in the baseball thread? 

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Serious request guys.  Can you please not do one of these in the baseball thread? 

Yes - my apologies. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Serious request guys.  Can you please not do one of these in the baseball thread? 

10-4

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy the Rays gave Snell a contract. I miss Archer but in reality he's only been a high strikeout guy with terrible ERA and whip. Austin Meadows (from that deal) looks like a possible diamond in the rough.... Tommy Pham could be an all-star. My man the outlaw needs to stay on the field for his defense in center but also needs to take a step forward offensively and get on base more consistently. 

I miss some of the players we have let go in the last year or two. Wilson Ramos, Cory Dickerson, Alex Colome...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F.P. Santangelo is so terrible as the color guy for the Nats on MASN...

He was talking about how games in the NL East will be tough all year especially with the pitching...  He named a couple and then said "then there is areola, <two second pause> Arrieta and Nola"...

He is good for multiple mess ups each game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yanks in first place. 161 games to go! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much of a test for the Cubs, but you gotta like a 12-4 victory on opening day. 

Baez had back to back homers from the clean up spot.  

Bryant also homered from the 2 spot and had 3 RBIs  

Lester was solid.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 9:06 AM, jerryskids said:

Dbacks got rid of all of their stars not named Greinke, and the Padres are tooling up, so... it will be a long year. :(

And... Greinke gave up 4 homers to the Dodgers, and the bullpen gave up another 4.  8 dingers, an opening day and Dodger overall record.  Eeesh.  :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harper booed in his first game in Philly  

The honeymoon is over Bryce.  Way to stay classy fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mets won for the first game of the season for what seems like 10 years in a row. And will suck for what also feels like 10 years in a row :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Harper booed in his first game in Philly  

The honeymoon is over Bryce.  Way to stay classy fans. 

Didn’t hear it on the TV. I am sure somebody booed but they got over it when Hoskins hit that grand slam. Winning cures everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you troll out Mike Minor as your Opening Day starter - what could go wrong? :lol:

Gawd we suck. :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

When you troll out Mike Minor as your Opening Day starter - what could go wrong? :lol:

Gawd we suck. :wall:

It should be a rule, that you can't have an opening day starter with the last name "Minor".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

When you troll out Mike Minor as your Opening Day starter - what could go wrong? :lol:

Gawd we suck. :wall:

I look forward to your miserable recaps of the Rangers every year, just so you know your effort doesn't go to waste :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MDC said:

Breitbart! Oh mah god somebody booed. I like how the writer shoehorned that 50 year old chestnut about Santa in the lead. 

Story’s on several other outlets as well.  Like this one better?

And yet, for many people the takeaway will be that Bryce Harper got booed. Not roundly. And not with at least some fans insisting we give it one more at-bat. But still, when he struck out in the fourth inning after grounding out in the first, there were boos. His next at-bat, Harper got booed again when he struck out swinging to end the fifth.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/bryce-harper-gets-first-taste-of-philly-passion-in-the-form-of-boos-after-quiet-debut-025729505.html

ETA: Harper’s posing and hair flipping is dooshy anyway. So f him too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

LoCo has a total of ZERO Gold Gloves.   

 

 

The Rangers were up 2-0 when I first tuned in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Story’s on several other outlets as well.  Like this one better?

And yet, for many people the takeaway will be that Bryce Harper got booed. Not roundly. And not with at least some fans insisting we give it one more at-bat. But still, when he struck out in the fourth inning after grounding out in the first, there were boos. His next at-bat, Harper got booed again when he struck out swinging to end the fifth.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/bryce-harper-gets-first-taste-of-philly-passion-in-the-form-of-boos-after-quiet-debut-025729505.html

ETA: Harper’s posing and hair flipping is dooshy anyway. So f him too. 

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to refer to this as a “story.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Not much of a test for the Cubs, but you gotta like a 12-4 victory on opening day. 

Baez had back to back homers from the clean up spot.  

Bryant also homered from the 2 spot and had 3 RBIs  

Lester was solid.  

I was choose between Cubs and Red Sox for a moneyline combo bet with Texas Tech. An opening day - sweet 16 special on my sportsbook.

Naturally I took Boston :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I was choose between Cubs and Red Sox for a moneyline combo bet with Texas Tech. An opening day - sweet 16 special on my sportsbook.

Naturally I took Boston :(

Boo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

LoCo has a total of ZERO Gold Gloves.   

 

 

I miss seeing him in Royal Blue but when he's making catches like that ESPECIALLY against the Cards it's more than good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cubs should be embarrassed. 3 runs in the top of the 1st and they gag it to this pathetic Texas team? :lol:

The Cubbies  better  think  twice about Darvish as a #2 - he's a walk machine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indians lineup is a dumpster fire. They need to trade Bauer or Kluber to help beef up the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

The Cubs should be embarrassed. 3 runs in the top of the 1st and they gag it to this pathetic Texas team? :lol:

The Cubbies  better  think  twice about Darvish as a #2 - he's a walk machine. 

I hated the Darvish signing from day 1 and still do.  What a waste.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

The Cubs should be embarrassed. 3 runs in the top of the 1st and they gag it to this pathetic Texas team? :lol:

The Cubbies  better  think  twice about Darvish as a #2 - he's a walk machine. 

Let it go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cruzer said:

The Cubs should be embarrassed. 3 runs in the top of the 1st and they gag it to this pathetic Texas team? :lol:

The Cubbies  better  think  twice about Darvish as a #2 - he's a walk machine. 

Today’s lost was more embarrassing. 

Their pitching was awful again and the Rangers won on a wild pitch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crackattack said:

Indians lineup is a dumpster fire. They need to trade Bauer or Kluber to help beef up the roster.

They are the 2019 version of "Spahn and Sain and Pray For Rain".

😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 games in and the Mets are still in it.

Weeeee!

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

That yelich guy is kinda good

cant believe the marlins got nothing for him

Brewers traded 4 guys, including top prospect Brinson for him.   Usually when you give #1 prospect in league, lot's of hand-wringing among fan base, this time nary a peep.  Pretty much everyone on the boards I read couldn't believe we were getting Yelich, under a manageable contract for years for so little.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Brewers traded 4 guys, including top prospect Brinson for him.   Usually when you give #1 prospect in league, lot's of hand-wringing among fan base, this time nary a peep.  Pretty much everyone on the boards I read couldn't believe we were getting Yelich, under a manageable contract for years for so little.   

Jeter is the Isaiah Thomas of Baseball.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Brewers traded 4 guys, including top prospect Brinson for him.   Usually when you give #1 prospect in league, lot's of hand-wringing among fan base, this time nary a peep.  Pretty much everyone on the boards I read couldn't believe we were getting Yelich, under a manageable contract for years for so little.   

Yep it’s ridiculous cause they wouldn’t talk to the padres without including tatis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×