12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fire Cashman. 

We will trade you for Dumbo

1 minute ago, edjr said:

We will trade you for Dumbo

Want a catcher too? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Want a catcher too? 

I haven't watched a second of baseball yet this year. I just can't get into it. With my kid and the little time I have, I just can't see me watching much.

The Rangers won't be the only ones winning series from the Cubs as long as they keep running out Yu and Cole back-to-back.

Giving up Grand Salamis to 170 lb. Delino DeShields?   :doh:

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yep it’s ridiculous cause they wouldn’t talk to the padres without including tatis

Reading article on ESPN about big baseball contracts when I came across this.

When the Milwaukee Brewers traded for Christian Yelich a little more than a year ago, they weren't simply trading for a 26-year-old outfielder who was ever on the cusp of a breakout season. They were trading for his contract, too.

When he was 23 and had slightly more than a year of major league service, Yelich signed a seven-year contract extension with a club option for the eighth season. Had he not agreed to that deal, Yelich would have been a free agent after this season, hitting the market as a 27-year-old with a National League MVP award from 2018 and an apparent desire to repeat, considering he's now the sixth player to hit a home run in his first four games of the season.

Christian Yelich, free agent following the 2019 season, gets $300 million.

Christian Yelich, signed through 2022, will receive $9.75 million this year, $12.5 million next year, $14 million in 2021 and $15 million on the club option in 2022. He will reach free agency at 30, which, all things considered, is not terrible. If he's anything like he is now, he should be able to cash in once more. But he'd better still be a star. Because ...

Jeez, what a steal.   I actually feel bad for a guy getting $9.75 million knowing he's extremely underpaid.   

17 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Well, the Orioles have already won more games this year than I thought they would. 

Successful season!

This.  No matter what else happens, we will be able to look back and say they had a winning record at one time.  :thumbsup:

The Braves on Tuesday signed Ronald Acuna Jr. to an eight-year contract extension through 2026 worth $100 million, with club options for the 2027 and '28 seasons.

The two options years are for $17 million each and carry a $10 million buyout, according to a report by ESPN's Jeff Passan. Acuna wouldn't have been eligible for free agency until after the 2024 season, and he would have first been eligible for arbitration in '21. Under his previous contract, Acuna's salary was $560,000 for this season.

:pointstosky:

Orioles pulled Hess when he had a no hitter thru 7 because he’s pitched a couple innings earlier in the week?

That’s some serious pussification of MLB right there. 

Justice was served on Hyde when his reliever gave up a walk and a homer.  

Idiot.  

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Orioles pulled Hess when he had a no hitter thru 7 because he’s pitched a couple innings earlier in the week?

Idiot.  

I don't have a problem with it...

13 minutes ago, posty said:

I don't have a problem with it...

Figures.  

I understand trying to protect a pitcher’s health but I can’t imagine this ever being done to to a true ace.  And if Hess is pitching like one, why not let him try to get 6 more outs?   The kid was on a roll that he might never see again and the O’s are a clown show.  Why not give the him, the team and the fans a chance to no hit the Yanks?  Talk about sucking the fun right or of a game   

You think Ryan, Clemens, Kershaw, Johnson, Verlander, Maddox or Martinez would have been asked to give up the ball in that situation?  

Mets 4-1, off to a solid start. Granted I haven't watched a second of it, but solid start nonetheless :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Mets 4-1, off to a solid start. Granted I haven't watched a second of it, but solid start nonetheless :thumbsup:

They started 11-1 last year and finished below .500...

13 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, posty said:

So...  :mad:

7 minutes ago, posty said:

My favorite sports teams have been doing that to me my whole life :lol:

Just talked to a buddy who's headed to the Indians game today. He gets a 1/4 season pass, 21 games. It's a 2:30 drive from here, seems insane to me but he's a die-hard. To each his own.

Yankees strike out 18 times  to Matt Boyd, Buck Farmer, Joe Jimenez, and Shane Greene today.  As shitty as the Tigers have been recently they do alright at yankee stadium. Havent lost a series in the last 5 or 6 there. 

Cubs go down again.  What a horrendous start. It’s almost as if they’re carrrying over their collapse from last season.  

Excuse me, but just what in da hell has happened to my Rangers? Somebody has swap my dumpster fire squad with something that resembles a baseball team. :unsure:

This staff is trash and it will eventually fizzle... But I'm already noticing huge changes with new skip Chris Woodward. For the 1st time in, oh forever, this team is working pitchers. They are actually making them throw more than 3 pitches, working counts and walking. We've only been screaming for this for years - nice to see somebody finally listened.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

probably the nastiest pitch I have ever seen

Holy sh!t!  What was that?

On 4/2/2019 at 6:04 PM, vuduchile said:

Idiot.  

Indians pull Bauer after 7 no hit innings. He was at 117 pitches and walked 6. Hopefully they don't blow their 4 run lead.

11 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Indians pull Bauer after 7 no hit innings. He was at 117 pitches and walked 6. Hopefully they don't blow their 4 run lead.

Edwards is sure doing his best...

14 minutes ago, crackattack said:

117 is a high pitch count and 6 walks is a lot.  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

117 is a high pitch count and 6 walks is a lot.  

I know. I'd have pulled him. 

Edwards is sure doing his best...

Not tonight 🚫

It's gone...

BTW, this Jays team is going to struggle putting up runs this year...

It's gone...

BTW, this Jays team is going to struggle putting up runs this year...

Chants of Vlad Jr. fill their stadium.

24 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Chants of Vlad Jr. fill their stadium.

As well it should.  Stupid GM's.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, vuduchile said:

Figures.  

I understand trying to protect a pitcher’s health but I can’t imagine this ever being done to to a true ace.  And if Hess is pitching like one, why not let him try to get 6 more outs?   The kid was on a roll that he might never see again and the O’s are a clown show.  Why not give the him, the team and the fans a chance to no hit the Yanks?  Talk about sucking the fun right or of a game   

You think Ryan, Clemens, Kershaw, Johnson, Verlander, Maddox or Martinez would have been asked to give up the ball in that situation?  

I dunno.  Dave Roberts used Kershaw in practically every game in the 2016 NLCS vs the Cubs.  Starting, relieving, warming up, etc.  That is VERY VERY dangerous.  His arm has been falling off ever since.  That might have destroyed his career.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

stupid fans

you like them, probably dont even know Vlad missed all of spring training

That has no bearing of him still being on the 25 man roster. 

10 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

That has no bearing of him still being on the 25 man roster. 

why should he be on the 25 man roster when he just now is ready to play his first game after missing ST?

44 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

If MLB won't address bad umpires or umpires with massive egos then maybe we should just replace them with machines. 

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/04/04/mlb-has-to-discipline-umpire-ron-kulpa-incident-astros-aj-hinch/amp/

That guy is turrible. Should be fined and suspended asap. MLB would fine/suspend a player or coach for less.

I feel like that has to be a record...Tim Beckham with three errors just three batters into the game. 

How is it that the NY Yankees, the crown jewel of baseball, aren't playing on a Friday? Nice work MLB. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How is it that the NY Yankees, the crown jewel of baseball, aren't playing on a Friday? Nice work MLB. 

its a conspiracy

honestly for east coast teams, they schedule a day off for home openers so they can do a makeup the next day (see STL/SD today)