Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

Make america great again...

Was wondering a couple things about what that saying implies. So I figured I'd ask the only trump fans I know.

When was America great? Like what time period? Was it the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, etc? Can someone tell me what time period it was?

Why don't we just adopt the policies that made that time period great?

Why is America not great today?

We've already covered this for retards like you. Do a search.

You can tell retards like this the same thing over and over again but they will ignore it and keep trying to push their idiocy onto you. I just ignore them. Let those idiots be the ones who are miserable and obsessing over someone while I enjoy my life living stress free and happy 

There was a good article on this in one of the 9812734 other MAGA threads.  It's a great slogan that hankers back to a hypothetical better time.

It particularly appeals to the rust belt; states Trump needed to win.  My dad was a foreman in shoe factories in NE PA.  There was lots of garment manufacturing there in the 70s and early 80s.  Then, it all went overseas.  Most people there identify as Democrat, a holdover of that same period when it was the party of union and worker support.  Now... they support other things.  I'm fairly confident that my hometown had 80%+ Trump votes in the last election.  Those people don't want handouts, they want to work and earn an honest salary.

MRGA

Make Robots Great Again

BPGA

Build Pyramids Great Again

2 hours ago, trumpurethra said:

Was wondering a couple things about what that saying implies. So I figured I'd ask the only trump fans I know.

When was America great? Like what time period? Was it the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, etc? Can someone tell me what time period it was?

Why don't we just adopt the policies that made that time period great?

America is less great today because government is too invasive where it needs to get out of our lives, and too lazy where it needs to be involved. The prowess of the middle class has always been what elevated America, and it was under siege for decades, Trump is defending it.  Making the middle class great again effectively makes America better, if not "great' again.

• Like 1

Funny thing is most MAGA folks think of the 40s to 60s as a time when America was great, back when we had much stronger labor unions, higher tax rates and more corporate regulation. 

Things that made America great 

- Lax drunk driving laws

- Absence of political correctness

- Condemnation of gays and other mentally ill folks

- Slaves

- Housewives

- Manly men

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

- Lax drunk driving laws

- Absence of political correctness

- Condemnation of gays and other mentally ill folks

- Slaves

- 50's Housewives

- Manly men

Solid list. Slight addition

To the OP your question is the equivalent of going to a fine dining restaurant and asking to see the prices. You know if you have to ask....

:(

I've always been fascinated by the stories of what we did to the Japs in this country after Pearl Harbor. If we had any sense we would have done that to the muslims after 9/11 and permanently banned any more from entering. Instead we have 2 towel head lawmakers in congress. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

- Lax faked hate event laws

- Absence of individual responsibility

- Condemnation of white men

- Economic opportunity

- two parent familes

- Manly men

I fixed that for you

3 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I fixed that for you

Not charging too much for your house when you sell?

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not charging too much for your house when you sell?

What an odd thing to say....

America was great in the 1980's.  Ronald Reagan, Pac-Man, Rubik's Cube, The Cosby Show, Alf, 80's music like Men at Work, Toto, and many more.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:27 AM, trumpurethra said:

It's better now. Obama did a number on it and it takes time to fix all the carnage he left behind. I understand you may never be fixed, but gotta try on the rest of society.

Trump 2020!

16 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You really believe trump has lost a billion in three years in office?

Have you been paying attention to the a$$hats boycotting/protesting at his businesses? A billion? Maybe not but the bigger takeaway is how those others increased their net worth like that. Those aren't American dollars; especially in the Clintons' case.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:33 PM, sderk said:

It's better now. Obama did a number on it and it takes time to fix all the carnage he left behind. I understand you may never be fixed, but gotta try on the rest of society.

Trump 2020!

So why is it not great today?

4 minutes ago, trumpurethra said:

So why is it not great today?

Democrats exist and open their mouths.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:41 AM, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

America is less great today because government is too invasive where it needs to get out of our lives, and too lazy where it needs to be involved. The prowess of the middle class has always been what elevated America, and it was under siege for decades, Trump is defending it.  Making the middle class great again effectively makes America better, if not "great' again.

So at what point in American history was the middle class so strong and government involvement so little?

On 4/29/2019 at 12:12 PM, bostonlager said:

I've always been fascinated by the stories of what we did to the Japs in this country after Pearl Harbor. If we had any sense we would have done that to the muslims after 9/11 and permanently banned any more from entering. Instead we have 2 towel head lawmakers in congress. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, well, it's the racist Democrats who did that... of course, like every other racist thing that's happened in the country.  The only difference is that the Dems can't blame the Republican's for this one, that's why it's never brought up.

43 minutes ago, trumpurethra said:

Now that's a platform I can support. But why link it? Why not be a bro and just post the pic? No need to make extra work for others.

We can’t post pictures anymore 

America is, and has been, the greatest country in the world - this isn't new.

Make it great again is nothing more than a marketing gimmick - a bumper sticker, to rile up a base and secure votes.

I thought America was great when one income was enough to support a family and a college education didn't cost so much. Amongst other things. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I thought America was great when one income was enough to support a family and a college education didn't cost so much. Amongst other things. 

Yeah. Back when employee employer relationships were for life, and damn near everything we bought was made here by people earning a good living.

We traded all that for cheap sh!t and stock market gains. We are now slaves of the oligarchs. 

Women entering the workforce has played a major role in the deterioration of our country and society in general. Look at the rising divorce rates and how they correlate with women no longer staying at home. When you let a b1tch out of the house too much she is going to cheat. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yeah. Back when employee employer relationships were for life, and damn near everything we bought was made here by people earning a good living.

We traded all that for cheap sh!t and stock market gains. We are now slaves of the oligarchs. 

In the 1970s, CEOs earned about 30 times the average worker and almost 30% of US employees were in a union. 

Today CEOs make about 275 times the average worker and union membership is less than 10%. 

Immigrants didn’t do that.

11 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So true. Shipping our manufacturing jobs overseas has been a crusher to folks without a college education.  And the jobs they would gravitate towards absent manufacturing have been filled by immigrants willing to work for peanuts. 

Curious to know what Trump’s plan is to prevent manufacturing from going overseas? Other than browbeating a handful of companies. 

Did we ever get tariffs or any other penalty for US businesses that offshore? Seems like a lot of noise without much action.

31 minutes ago, MDC said:

Curious to know what Trump’s plan is to prevent manufacturing from going overseas? Other than browbeating a handful of companies. 

Did we ever get tariffs or any other penalty for US businesses that offshore? Seems like a lot of noise without much action.

The Times has to add their slant obviously but, you can start here.

American manufacturers have added nearly half a million jobs since Mr. Trump took office, including for the last 19 months in a row. That streak, the longest since the mid-1990s, could hit 20 when the government releases March hiring data on Friday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/04/business/economy-manufacturing-jobs-trump.html