Bills04

Chubb?

On 9/2/2023 at 10:24 AM, jrokh said:

Browns are planning to be more balanced on Offense this year. Not as run heavy. They also just traded for Pierre Strong and plan o using all 3 backs. That being said I expect Chubb to set a career high in receptions and receiving yards.

Pierre Strong hasn’t done sh1t thus far in his career. The OL they traded for him, they were just going to cut anyways

I took him at 11 in a 12 team ppr with bonus points for 100 yard games. I feel like he can be the number one non qb player in that format. 

22 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Pierre Strong hasn’t done sh1t thus far in his career. The OL they traded for him, they were just going to cut anyways

One man’s trash is another’s treasure. The Browns obviously like him. What the pats fans think is irrelevant 

I missed, picked 6th and he went right before me and had to take Henry :mad:

• Sad 1

Just made my first two picks.... I got a Chubby at #12 !!!   :banana:

Don't know if my psych opps helped - I talked within ear-shot of the 11 drafter (Rb heavy guy) how I was sick of getting burned on Rbs like Jav Williams last year and McCaff prior. "I'm Wr-Wr guy now on."  Trying to convince him Chubb would be available round 2.  Well he picked a Wr first so maybe it worked.

I drafted Garrett Wilson 2nd.  Now the long wait.... hope Pierce falls. Doesn't matter. I got a big ole Chubby!

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

for him its a volume thing.   he gets tons of carries, 1200-1500 yards and lots of TD.   pretty reliably between 8 and 12 TD.  and he does this playing for the Browns with a few games having negative game scripts.

if Desean Watson can turn this team into a playoff team, the upside for Chubb is very high.  comparable to Derek Henry of a couple years back.   can you imagine his stats if the team went 13-4 and he got all kinds of garbage time carries late in the game against tired Defenses?    I salivate at that.

that said, I am not 100% sold on Watson.   he will for sure be better than he was last year.   Not sure he will ever live up to that massive contract the Browns gave him.

but we are about to find out.   last year he shook off the rust.   This year he needs to perform.

Right, what's his upside? 1500 yards and 12 TDs? Maybe 35 cacthes for 300 yards and 2 more TDs?

Don't get me wrong that's an excellent season, could even be the top RB. It's worthy of a 1st round pick.

It's not one of those carve your name on the trophy seasons.  Derrick Henry has upside like that. So does CMC. Or at least they did not long ago.

I don't know about Chubb though. I'm honestly not sure any RB does any more

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I drafted Garrett Wilson 2nd.  Now the long wait.... hope Pierce falls. Doesn't matter. I got a big ole Chubby!

1) Chubby 2) Wilson 3) Pierce 4) Burrow 5) Kirk 6) Hockenson 7) Davis 8.) Addison

9) Bigsby 10) Roschon 11) Chandler 12) Hull 13) Ford 14) Shaheed 15) Jags D 16) Graham

Oh yeah baby. Year of the Gobble!!!  C'mon let's all banana dance!!! :banana:

I got him with the 7th pick. Wr's were flying off the board, so I decided to go a different route and picked up Henry in the 2nd. Ended up with ridley and Metcalf as my top receivers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, polecatt said:

Right, what's his upside? 1500 yards and 12 TDs? Maybe 35 cacthes for 300 yards and 2 more TDs?

Don't get me wrong that's an excellent season, could even be the top RB. It's worthy of a 1st round pick.

If I had Chubb (or any other RB)I'd be happy with that kind of year.

10 teamer 1/2 ppr.......drafted from the 8 hole🙄

Got Chubb @ 8 & Pollard @ 13

From there it went:

28 St. Brown WR

33 Higgins WR

48 Hockenson TW

53 Fields Qb

68 Drake London WR

73 Akers RB

88 Sky Moore WR

93 SF Def

108 Zay Flowers WR

113 E Moore WR

128 E Mitchell RB

133 C Sutton WR

148 Achane RB

153 McPherson K

168 Jameson Williams WR

We start 1qb, 3wr, 2rb, 1te, 1wr/te flex, 1 wr/rb flex, k, def

Sacrificed by going rb, rb.....sun God was decent value as was Higgins. Akers was a steal @73. Hopefully someone emerges from my bench & Jwill pays late dividends. 

Every time I see someone post a ten team league roster, I just wonder how the others rosters look like.  Everyone has a roster full of starters through their roster.  

1 hour ago, Nomad99 said:

10 teamer 1/2 ppr.......drafted from the 8 hole🙄

Got Chubb @ 8 & Pollard @ 13

From there it went:

28 St. Brown WR

33 Higgins WR

48 Hockenson TW

53 Fields Qb

68 Drake London WR

73 Akers RB

88 Sky Moore WR

93 SF Def

108 Zay Flowers WR

113 E Moore WR

128 E Mitchell RB

133 C Sutton WR

148 Achane RB

153 McPherson K

168 Jameson Williams WR

We start 1qb, 3wr, 2rb, 1te, 1wr/te flex, 1 wr/rb flex, k, def

Sacrificed by going rb, rb.....sun God was decent value as was Higgins. Akers was a steal @73. Hopefully someone emerges from my bench & Jwill pays late dividends. 

I find it difficult to really rank someone’s draft without seeing everyone else’s roster.  

I’m high on Chubb this year. No Hunt, Watson is back for the full year, and they have a good receiving core. I expect this is the year they try to make a run for it and feed Chubb with both catches and carries 

3 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

28 St. Brown WR

33 Higgins WR

St Brown is projected as the 17th overall pick (went 10th in my league), and Higgins is projected 23rd.  Can't understand what your fellow drafters were thinking letting St Brown fall to late 3rd.

• Thanks 1

I got my Chubb.  10 team redraft, no te req, non ppr with bonus points for distance td.  I like this team best of my three drafted teams:

Herbert/ D Jones

Chubb/ Pollard/ Dobbins/ Swift/ Penny/ Elliott/ Tajae Spears

Kupp/ McLaurin/ London/ Godwin/ Skyy Moore/ Elijah Moore

Carlson

Baltimore

• Thanks 1

Did you see the picture it was horrific 

Who's backup jerome ford...anybody know anything about him? Worth #1 waiver? Or will they trade/sign?

My guess is he tore his patellar tendon. The way he just grabbed at the front of his knee I had a friend with the same injury. Sucks cuz he’s so good. 

Just now, Lamb of God said:

My guess is he tore his patellar tendon. The way he just grabbed at the front of his knee I had a friend with the same injury. Sucks cuz he’s so good. 

I'm assuming that's season ending?

1 minute ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

For sure

4 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

For sure. It’s atleast a 6-9month if not 12month recovery but these guys have the best care around. If it is a patella tendon u have to think it’s a big tendon holding the knee cap to the femur and tib/fib bones of the lower leg. I’m no dr but the way I saw him holding the front of the knee vs the back which is usually where an acl tear is makes me think that. Plus guys with acls can walk off usually with a patella tendon ur leg is useless depending on the tear. 

6 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted I guess.  

At least I can ride Dalvin Cook and Damien Pierce....

Darlvin was horrible this week...almost as bad as zeke that I wanna drop so bad 

49 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Who's backup jerome ford...anybody know anything about him? Worth #1 waiver? Or will they trade/sign?

70 yard run for a near td was enough for me 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JagFan said:

That’s likely a career ending injury.  This should’ve been his year, finally.

I won't count out a guy who came back to be a top 3 RB after a dislocated knee, but he has his work cut out for him.

6 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I won't count out a guy who came back to be a top 3 RB after a dislocated knee, but he has his work cut out for him.

I hear you, but that knee isn’t just dislocated.  All the parts that make a knee joint work are gone.  

1 minute ago, JagFan said:

I hear you, but that knee isn’t just dislocated.  All the parts that make a knee joint work are gone.  

I think he died. 

54 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Ford started college career at Alabama, but stuck behind a loaded depth (no surprise at Bama), so he transfers to Cincinnati where he went on to tie program Td rushing record (ranked 3rd nationally), named all AAC first team, and MVP of the AAC conference game. 

Browns drafted him 5th rd in '22 where he was again buried on depth chart behind Hunt serving mostly special teams (which coaches give to guys with good hands). Browns had enough confidence to let Hunt walk and named him as Chubb's new backup.

5'10" 210 lbs... can do it all. Catch, powerback, and run like the wind. I was happy to add him as my Chubby handcuff... and unfortunately, now I'm glad I did.

• Like 2

What a depressing night. Best of luck to Chubb and all his fantasy owners. I had Chubb in both my leagues (picked at 9th and 12th in 1/2 PPR). At least I handcuffed with Ford in both instances. Hope they don’t add any “big name” RBs via trade or FA. 🤞

I had Dobbins too in one of the leagues. Good start to the year! 😂

11 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Jerome Ford about to get 60% or more of FAAB budgets.

This. I'll probably put 60% bid on him and don't even need a running back. 

edit: only going 35%.