Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

LeSean McCoy Released - Signed by KC

3 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

It’s a money move for the Bills, has nothing to do with his talent.

I agree, he looked pretty good on the preseason highlights. Quick and fast. On an explosive offense, and a winning team, I think Shady has a damn good year.

43 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

1100 rushing yards and 59 catches in 2017. 

What are are you talking about? Bills offense is terrible. Hard to expect much from anyone running in that offense.

514 yards (3.1 yards per carry) 3 tds and 238 receiving yards (7 yards per reception) 0 tds in 2018.

31 year old RB with declining numbers the past 3 years. It helps that hes back with Andy Reid and has an MVP caliber QB but I don't expect 1k yards and 10 td season from him. 

12 minutes ago, JediMaster said:

514 yards (3.1 yards per carry) 3 tds and 238 receiving yards (7 yards per reception) 0 tds in 2018.

31 year old RB with declining numbers the past 3 years. It helps that hes back with Andy Reid and has an MVP caliber QB but I don't expect 1k yards and 10 td season from him. 

No but I definitely expect him to kill any hope of Damien Williams RB1.

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

No but I definitely expect him to kill any hope of Damien Williams RB1.

He'll definitely take some snaps away from William's for sure. I think he's the new 3rd down/change of pace back for KC.

Just now, JediMaster said:

He'll definitely take some snaps away from William's for sure. I think he's the new 3rd down/change of pace back for KC.

No way you give a RB $4 million to come in only on 3rd downs. Just like stonewall, get a grip. Williams ceiling and floor took a catastrophic hit with this signing make no mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

No way you give a RB $4 million to come in only on 3rd downs. Just like stonewall, get a grip. Williams ceiling and floor took a catastrophic hit with this signing make no mistake.

Exactly, especially with $3 million guaranteed. They aren’t just kicking the tires on a retread.  McCoy is going to play. A lot. I consider him the most likely to lead KC backs in FFL points this year while they groom Thompson to take over.  I bet McCoy looks rejuvenated.  Think he still has a year or two left in the tank, as long as it’s not with a horrible offense like the Jets or Bills.

14 minutes ago, wizbang said:

Exactly, especially with $3 million guaranteed. They aren’t just kicking the tires on a retread.  McCoy is going to play. A lot. I consider him the most likely to lead KC backs in FFL points this year while they groom Thompson to take over.  I bet McCoy looks rejuvenated.  Think he still has a year or two left in the tank, as long as it’s not with a horrible offense like the Jets or Bills.

Couldnt agree more. Mccoy is gonna tear it up in that offense.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Is Darwin Thompson still worth rostering in 12 team redraft leagues with short benches? 

No.

16 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

What happened to Darwin Thompson taking over later in season? 

He got McCoyed.

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Firstly, enough with the "get a grip" business, please? We are all trying to get a grip on the RB situation in KC....and the bottomline is that no one, including you and me, can predict what exactly will transpire. It's just discussion, opinion, and guesswork at this point. You have no idea whether or not DWill's fantasy value  just took a "catastrophic hit", and I always try to build a drafted team solid enough to take a big hit or two....because it happens every year, and this isn't my first rodeo. My grip remains intact., thank you very much. I am still pleased to own DWill....at least at this point.

22 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

What happened to Darwin Thompson taking over later in season? 

Still a decent chance of that, I would think. McCoy adds solid veteran depth, because RB's go down all the time. Wasn't DWill like the 3rd RB up last season? The point is that most people believe that Darwin is well suited to thrive in that offense, should he get a big chunk of touches at some point. I'm still holding.

2 hours ago, JediMaster said:

Let's be real, though.  Add a yard and half to those averages moving from the Bills to the Chiefs.

Some of you might remember the Andy Reid-Brian Westbrook pairing and at one point BW came back after injury to be a starter (good numbers until injury).  

KC has so much talent on offense which meAns great situation for a RB.  The one who is the better pass catcher and blocker is going to be the Alpha here.

• Like 1

In his last two healthy non-rookie seasons under Andy Reid, McCoy rushed for 2,389 yards (5.0 ypc) and added another 907 yards on 126 receptions, scoring 29 total TDs.

Damien Williams has never had more than 75 touches in any season.

Just sayin'...

And the Chiefs are still like $20M under the salary cap; they should sign Melvin Gordon now and ruin everyone's season.

6 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

With the Gordon and McCoy news, is Justin Jackson a better flier that Darwin Thompson at this point?

In my opinion yes. I think the mccoy trade is being way over blown. There are a lot of really bad offenses with running backs and he produced one of the worst statistical years last year and really wasn't that great the year before ... Jackson only has 1 guy to beat out for a major role. 

Now ignore all this if Gordon reports next week

3 hours ago, stonewall said:

Firstly, enough with the "get a grip" business, please? We are all trying to get a grip on the RB situation in KC....and the bottomline is that no one, including you and me, can predict what exactly will transpire. It's just discussion, opinion, and guesswork at this point. You have no idea whether or not DWill's fantasy value  just took a "catastrophic hit", and I always try to build a drafted team solid enough to take a big hit or two....because it happens every year, and this isn't my first rodeo. My grip remains intact., thank you very much. I am still pleased to own DWill....at least at this point.

When I say get a grip I just think you’re thinking delusional and your assumptions are clouded by bias (the bias being he was your draft pick and your pride won’t admit to the obvious.)

I’ve seen Damien Williams go as high as 8th overall. If I drafted him that high and didn’t have McCoy, I sure as hell would be panicked. No way they give this guy $3 million guaranteed to just come in on 3rd downs and change of pace. No chance.

As a dolphins fan I’ve been avoiding Williams like the plague. He just a warm body in a very high powered offense. That’s why his numbers were good when he played last year but you can only put so much makeup on the pig....

I just heard an interview with some NFL guy, who also does fantasy as well, on CBS radio. He seemed knowledgeable. On the KC RB's post-Shady he said it plainly. D-will still the back to own, but wouldn't take him till rd 5-6. That's almost flex territory, sobering....

35 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

When I say get a grip I just think you’re thinking delusional and your assumptions are clouded by bias (the bias being he was your draft pick and your pride won’t admit to the obvious.)

Honestly, at the end of the day this is just FF.....and I've been at it too long to be awash in delusion, pride, and bias before the kickoff of the first NFL game. We lose high-ADP players to injury all the time, and occasionally to trade/waiver/free agent acquisitions. DWill was a 3rd rounder in my drafts, meaning there was some risk factored into his ADP even before the Shady acquisition.

Yes, this situation was unfortunate, but only time will tell what will actually transpire. Maybe DWill becomes a complete bust. I can accept that, but as previously mentioned, I always have a contingency plan. Almost all of my playoff teams from years past looked drastically different than my drafted team. That's just how FF works for me, as a very active trader/waiver guy. Maybe Shady gets injured or grossly underperforms, and DWill goes on to have a stellar FF season. Neither outcome would surprise me.

I suppose one could conversely say that, as a Dolphin fan, you perhaps have either a perceived or unperceived bias against DWill.

18 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Bad news for Damien Williams and Darwin Thompson's value. My gut reaction is this shows the Chiefs brass isn't totally comfortable relying on Damien as their featured RB for the entire season. If you're drafting tomorrow, which Chiefs RB goes first?

This is why I kept saying to keep D. Williams off all draft lists.  I posted it before, but this guy is a 3rd down running back, NOT a starting NFL workhorse.  He was forced into action last year and the fantasy community went nuts.  Stupid.  He can absolutely be a 3rd down guy, but he is not going to stay healthy as a starter.  I've posted his injury history, his stats and everything I could to keep people from jumping on a complete hype train, but certain people kept stating he was "gold".  Yep, fools gold.  McCoy had NO offensive line last season, no WR's and a rookie QB.  The KC offense is just like what was run in Philly and he should have no problems picking up the playbook.  Week One I would expect Williams to shoulder the load, but after that, I expect McCoy to take an even stake in the backfield.  Keep them both healthy is likely going to be Reid's plan.  Even if Williams loses only 30 or 40 percent of his touches, he's going to be a wasted 2nd round pick.  I'm not rubbing it in as I hate to see anyone waste a pick, but he was never worth that 2nd rounder and some people here were stating he was a worthy first rounder.  Be careful who you listen to.  

20 hours ago, stonewall said:

Goodness, let's hope not. Own DWill stock in every league....

Let's remember that Shady is 31 years old, and has definitely lost a step....coming into a speed-oriented and high-octane offense. Great veteran presence and RB insurance for Reid. Basically, a big upgrade over Hyde. 

Oh yes, he will get some burn.....but just as a compliment to DWill, I assume....while Darwin becomes the "Gadget guy".

I’m quoting you again so you can see what I mean...

”Goodness let’s hope not” is exactly what I mean. It’s wishful thinking and nothing else. Of course injury and ineffectiveness can happen to anyone but to hope and wish.

But read between the lines. They brought in Carlos Hyde.... Why do you think? He failed and then they brought in McCoy for $3 mil guaranteed. Why do you think?

Both moves and the drafting of Thompson should tell you a lot about how they feel with Damien Williams.

16 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I’m quoting you again so you can see what I mean...

Give it a rest....and I hope that you will always feel free to quote me as you wish.

Of course I (and all sane DWill) owners HOPE that Shady doesn't drain him dry. Why wouldn't we? However, as I have continued to maintain, because DWill has done nothing but impress when on the field for KC, coupled with the fact that Reid has historically not been a full-blown RB-by-committee type of coach,  I will ASSUME that Shady will act as a compliment to DWill,  until I see with my own eyes or hear with my own ears from Reid that Shady is gonna lead the way. 

Shady may be a league winner. DWill may be a league winner. Darwin may be a league winner. Or they may cancel each other out in that regard. The jury is out, so don't allow your disdain for DWill to cloud your judgement.....because i can assure you that I haven't allowed my ownership of him cloud mine. Although, if I didn't have stock in DWill, I would be buying low wherever I could....and selling high on Shady.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

In his last two healthy non-rookie seasons under Andy Reid, McCoy rushed for 2,389 yards (5.0 ypc) and added another 907 yards on 126 receptions, scoring 29 total TDs.

Damien Williams has never had more than 75 touches in any season.

Just sayin'...

And the Chiefs are still like $20M under the salary cap; they should sign Melvin Gordon now and ruin everyone's season.

Cash for Mahomie

2 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Cash for Mahomie

Straight Cash.....Mahomie

Andy didn’t bring Shady in at that price for some vet presence BS... as a heavy investor of Darwin stock it was due to the fact that Hyde was likely to be cut and Damien’s likelihood of giving it up eventually. DT upside in that offense was league winning potential... Darrell was always a non worry but Shady definitely causes concern, more so for Darwin investors than DW but damn either way 

People forget that charknado was a stud in the KC offense, and Andy Reid promptly kicked him to the curb for Jamaal Charles.  Then Charcandrick was never heard from again.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

People forget that charknado was a stud in the KC offense, and Andy Reid promptly kicked him to the curb for Kareem Hunt.  Then Charcandrick was never heard from again.

Fair Point....

27 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Give it a rest....and I hope that you will always feel free to quote me as you wish.

Of course I (and all sane DWill) owners HOPE that Shady doesn't drain him dry. Why wouldn't we? However, as I have continued to maintain, because DWill has done nothing but impress when on the field for KC, coupled with the fact that Reid has historically not been a full-blown RB-by-committee type of coach,  I will ASSUME that Shady will act as a compliment to DWill,  until I see with my own eyes or hear with my own ears from Reid that Shady is gonna lead the way. 

Shady may be a league winner. DWill may be a league winner. Darwin may be a league winner. Or they may cancel each other out in that regard. The jury is out, so don't allow your disdain for DWill to cloud your judgement.....because i can assure you that I haven't allowed my ownership of him cloud mine. Although, if I didn't have stock in DWill, I would be buying low wherever I could....and selling high on Shady.

I will give it a rest but so far my “bias” and “disdain” for DWill is only proving true. 

In your original post you’re just digging for reasons why McCoy will not be a factor. If he’s healthy, he will be on the field just as much if not more than Williams. 

Im not preaching to buy McCoy but realistically speaking this is devastating for any Dwill owners, can you disagree with that?

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I will give it a rest but so far my “bias” and “disdain” for DWill is only proving true. 

In your original post you’re just digging for reasons why McCoy will not be a factor. If he’s healthy, he will be on the field just as much if not more than Williams. 

Im not preaching to buy McCoy but realistically speaking this is devastating for any Dwill owners, can you disagree with that?

We aren't actually as far apart as you think.....mostly semantics, I think. 

Yes, there is a viable possibility that the unpredicted Shady acquisition ruins DWill's fantasy year, but I will not assume that to be the case until it occurs. \

Also, I won't consider it devastating, even if it occurs. Disappointing/frustrating/challenging? Certainly.....but that is FF 101.

9 minutes ago, stonewall said:

We aren't actually as far apart as you think.....mostly semantics, I think. 

Yes, there is a viable possibility that the unpredicted Shady acquisition ruins DWill's fantasy year, but I will not assume that to be the case until it occurs. \

Also, I won't consider it devastating, even if it occurs. Disappointing/frustrating/challenging? Certainly.....but that is FF 101.

The only difference is our assumptions. I own stock in neither player but I truly assume this signing destroys Williams’ value. Maybe not yourself but now many fantasy owners have to ask themselves - “Do I start my RB1 week 1 the jaguars?”

to not even be sure of starting your highest drafted RB in week 1 is alarming.

1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

The only difference is our assumptions. I own stock in neither player but I truly assume this signing destroys Williams’ value. Maybe not yourself but now many fantasy owners have to ask themselves - “Do I start my RB1 week 1 the jaguars?”

to not even be sure of starting your highest drafted RB in week 1 is alarming.

Again, I call it challenging. I, again, assume that DWill will be a safe start in week1, at least in the flex, since Shady just arrived and DWill has been running first team all camp. 

However, I always try to have a viable contingency plan in case of such a scenario. In most leagues for me, it is Duke Johnson.

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Straight Cash.....Mahomie

Three it's looking for a deal too

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Again, I call it challenging. I, again, assume that DWill will be a safe start in week1, at least in the flex, since Shady just arrived and DWill has been running first team all camp. 

However, I always try to have a viable contingency plan in case of such a scenario. In most leagues for me, it is Duke Johnson.

Duke worries me too lol

he’s always been more of a receiver than a RB so to expect him to work on all 3 downs feels risky too. Regardless of how much Hyde sucks.

3 hours ago, stonewall said:

I thought you said a VIABLE contingency plan...?

Damien truthers need to be very upset at all this. Reid said both are starters, he clearly likes Shady and on that team anyone will look good so he won’t play himself out of the job. This is a hot hand committee situation, period. You can forget any of that featured RB pipe dream stuff, it’s over. 

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Damien truthers need to be very upset at all this. Reid said both are starters, he clearly likes Shady and on that team anyone will look good so he won’t play himself out of the job. This is a hot hand committee situation, period. You can forget any of that featured RB pipe dream stuff, it’s over. 

McCoy is the starter and will get the most of the workload. They are paying him twice the amount what they are paying Damien. And the other dude in the backfield is going to be better than Damien.