Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Is anyone trading for Brown?

If so what is the offer?  I sent teddy Bridgewater in a 2qb league. I got teddy off the waivers last week. I figure brown will end up with a team by week 8 for a playoff push and it literally just cost me a waiver pick. He can sit on my bench. 

With all this crap hangin over Browns Head, I really doubt he returns any time soon. 

You really think he'll be signed? I mean, I've always said that the NFL's cynicism knows no bounds, but I'm having a hard time imagining a team voluntarily signing up for this roller-coaster ride. This past week showed he is a loose cannon capable of doing really dumb s##t even knowing he was already on thin ice (apologies for the mixed metaphor). And I think a lot of teams will figure, "If the Pats couldn't straighten him out, what chance do we have?" And of course hanging over all that is the prospect that he could be suspended/placed on the exempt list at any moment, for the sexual assault and/or this latest intimidation charge.

I have Brown on one team and I can't bring myself to drop him yet because youneverknow, but I'm kind of hoping Goodell solves my dilemma for me by suspending him so I can cut him and be done with this crap.

15 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I’ll drop Brown eventually. Give it a few weeks

Exactly. I want to see how things shake out. But I really hope he gets suspended tomorrow. Even if he were signed by another team, how could you possibly feel secure with him on your roster ROS?

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I wouldn't offer 3 sheets of lightly used toilet paper for Brown.

Ah but how many sheets would you accept to get him off your team?

NFL put out a statement indicating that since he's a FA he's not eligible for commish exempt list.  However, also said that were he to be signed he would then be eligible for it as well as other punishments.  No team is going to sign him with that hanging over his head.  

2 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Ah but would you accept that for him?

Not during any season that I would have owned him, although it's looking like a bargain right now--that's why I wouldn't offer it; I'd be getting ripped off.

He won't play this year. Even if he did get signed it'd take a while for him to learn their plays, when in NE Brady had him off to a side working with him alone away from the rest of the team.

He has already cycled through the 3 teams that have no shame and will sign any derelict (Steelers, Raiders, and Pats).

4 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

NFL put out a statement indicating that since he's a FA he's not eligible for commish exempt list.  However, also said that were he to be signed he would then be eligible for it as well as other punishments.  No team is going to sign him with that hanging over his head.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/21/potential-placement-on-paid-leave-may-not-deter-the-next-antonio-brown-suitor/

3 hours ago, zftcg said:

You really think he'll be signed? I mean, I've always said that the NFL's cynicism knows no bounds, but I'm having a hard time imagining a team voluntarily signing up for this roller-coaster ride. This past week showed he is a loose cannon capable of doing really dumb s##t even knowing he was already on thin ice (apologies for the mixed metaphor). And I think a lot of teams will figure, "If the Pats couldn't straighten him out, what chance do we have?" And of course hanging over all that is the prospect that he could be suspended/placed on the exempt list at any moment, for the sexual assault and/or this latest intimidation charge.

I have Brown on one team and I can't bring myself to drop him yet because youneverknow, but I'm kind of hoping Goodell solves my dilemma for me by suspending him so I can cut him and be done with this crap.

I absolutely 100 percent do. I think tampa bay will sign him. Arians os the head coach but in name only. His coaches are an all black staff that will handle him and his qb is black. He is not going to be able to use any excuses and they are gonna peer pressure him into being good . They will pay the veterans min plus game bonuses. 

I own him in a dynasty, so I’ll obviously have to hold. But I consider his missing the rest of the season to be so obvious, that it never even occurred to me to try and acquire him in any other leagues. 

16 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I own him in a dynasty, so I’ll obviously have to hold. But I consider his missing the rest of the season to be so obvious, that it never even occurred to me to try and acquire him in any other leagues. 

Yea but is that not the time to buy super low? Like I said. Its almost a flyer at this point. Lets remember this is megalomaniacs managing other megalomaniacs.  I assure you that ONE team is sitting out there working on a deal. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Yea but is that not the time to buy super low? Like I said. Its almost a flyer at this point. Lets remember this is megalomaniacs managing other megalomaniacs.  I assure you that ONE team is sitting out there working on a deal. 

A wasted flyer....No team will touch him as long as  he is accused in the present lawsuit, Patriots were clueless to the allegations before he was signed, or he would have not spent one second in a Patriots uniform....No team owner will subject a franchise the media & possible NFL scrutiny in signing him...His value in Fantasy Football this season is 100% worthless...

19 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I absolutely 100 percent do. I think tampa bay will sign him. Arians os the head coach but in name only. His coaches are an all black staff that will handle him and his qb is black. He is not going to be able to use any excuses and they are gonna peer pressure him into being good . They will pay the veterans min plus game bonuses. 

LOL at the notion of Arians being a figurehead on a team being run by the black junta of Bowles/Leftwich/Jameis:

"So it is settled. We will sign Brother Brown."

"But what about the sexual assault allegations--"

"SILENCE, HONKY! Wakanda forever!"

Also, LOL at the notion that any of the control freaks who are NFL head coaches would willingly hand over control to their assistant coaches.

But most of all, LOL at the idea that, on any team that would consider signing Brown, the decision would be made by anyone other than the owner. 

• Like 1

All it takes is one. 

He has a come to jesus moment.

Hires Jay Zs management company. 

Finds a connection that always wanted him and needs a wr. 

Love watching Brown owners creating dream scenarios in which they're not left holding the bag.

But sooner or later, they'll wake up...

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, kilroy69 said:

No chance.  The Tampa ownership group wouldn't allow it.  On top of that, no possible way he plays for the Veterans minimum and game bonuses.  His Pride and Ego would not allow it.  Plus, why would they even consider such a thing?  Just what Tampa needs, to give Winston another decision to make....  You think an all black staff would make a difference?  You think the players there would want him?  That's the bigger issue.  Which team has a group of players that would want to deal with this head case?  Throw in the fact you are going to have a lot of pissed off women in whatever city he plays in and it's just not worth it.  Not even close.  Let this guy hang up his cleats.  He will be 32 next season.  Historically, many of the top WR's have started to slow down a bit after 31.  Between his attitude, the issues the team would have to deal with and the fact he's getting older are the three reasons I cannot see anyone taking a shot on him unless they truly believe he's going to be the difference in getting to the Superbowl.  Even that would be risky as all heck. 

On 9/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, AxeElf said:

Love watching Brown owners creating dream scenarios in which they're not left holding the bag.

But sooner or later, they'll wake up...

people can be incredibly stubborn.   Some will keep him rostered til end of season.

I was smart enough (or lucky enough) to avoid him in all leagues this year.   So its not a concern for me.

Just now, Ray_T said:

people can be incredibly stubborn.   Some will keep him rostered til end of season.

I was smart enough (or lucky enough) to avoid him in all leagues this year.   So its not a concern for me.

I purposely passed over him in EVERY draft this year.  Being a Steeler fan and seeing how things played out last year with him and Le'Veon was the first sign.  Second one was all that bitching about a helmet.  At that point I wrote him off.  I think he's nuclear waste this year, nobody is touching him, simply because I still contended there is either commish exempt list (if he's signed) or suspension coming.  Next year might be a different story.  

1 minute ago, jgcrawfish said:

I purposely passed over him in EVERY draft this year.  Being a Steeler fan and seeing how things played out last year with him and Le'Veon was the first sign.  Second one was all that bitching about a helmet.  At that point I wrote him off.  I think he's nuclear waste this year, nobody is touching him, simply because I still contended there is either commish exempt list (if he's signed) or suspension coming.  Next year might be a different story.  

Same minus being a steeler fan

1 minute ago, jgcrawfish said:

Well, like em or not, the fact is... not a lot of players leave Pittsburgh and perform better elsewhere.

It happens, but not often.

They have a good system and a long track record of developing players from within to suit their system.

when players move on, thier stats move on too (for the most part)

1 minute ago, SexyRexy said:

Same minus being a steeler fan

yeah, well, thanks for not rubbing it in.  :(

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

Well, like em or not, the fact is... not a lot of players leave Pittsburgh and perform better elsewhere.

They have a good system and a long track record of developing players from within to suit their system.

Part of that has to do with the team loyalty.  They used to stick with old guys way past their prime.  The game has changed, and there's no loyalty from teams or players anymore.  

2 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

In my league, same owner that drafted Bell last year, drafted AB this year.  

He’s now jaded a bit when it comes to current and former Steelers 

11 minutes ago, BuschWack said:

In my league, same owner that drafted Bell last year, drafted AB this year.  

He’s now jaded a bit when it comes to current and former Steelers 

Well, that's his own Gdamn fault.  :) 

Fool me once and all that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Mr. Emmanuel Sanders would like a word with you.

Trying to think of other skill position players who have left Pittsburgh. Only other one I can think of is Mike Wallace, but that was one of those classic cases where everyone knew he wasn't that good and whoever signed him in a weak free agent class would be overpaying.

Are we still talking about Antonio Brown? He is done this year. Done. Not playing one more down. Done. Get over it. Geez.